[✗] [Reformatting]Necromancy: Rewrite and Magic Guide [2nd Submission]

Geo

On 1/3/2019 at 10:41 PM, Geo said:

Life force is the energy that flows through all things natural and living mana

Yes I will keep doing this

3 hours ago, Wretched said:

Yes I will keep doing this

Thank you, I was almost happy, glad you sorted that one out.

i think it’s egotistical to continue beating the dead horse that’s the gravelords. they haven’t served with any impact since the golden days of anthos. end-games as a whole are virtually gone and for those that managed to escape it are riddled with inactivity. you’re just going to perpetuate the cycle of holding onto a title that bestows additional pixel prowess which will serve little to no effect on the magic itself as well as derail the magic and bring it back on the path of lusting after that ultimate upgrade.

imo the lore isn’t half bad otherwise but zarsies’ was certainly much more coherent and well thought out. you should consider collaborating with him. he had a lot of good points and you haven’t address the biggest elephant in the room that caused so many issues for necromancy: clotting

All magics 

11 minutes ago, Heero said:

i think it’s egotistical to continue beating the dead horse that’s the gravelords. they haven’t served with any impact since the golden days of anthos. end-games as a whole are virtually gone and for those that managed to escape it are riddled with inactivity. you’re just going to perpetuate the cycle of holding onto a title that bestows additional pixel prowess which will serve little to no effect on the magic itself as well as derail the magic and bring it back on the path of lusting after that ultimate upgrade.

imo the lore isn’t half bad otherwise but zarsies’ was certainly much more coherent and well thought out. you should consider collaborating with him. he had a lot of good points and you haven’t address the biggest elephant in the room that caused so many issues for necromancy: clotting

What’s the issue with clotting? Why not say what you mean behind that besides using passive writing. 

clotting lead to the great rat race of 2016-2017 and generally i disagree with bringing wraiths back into the fold. how will the re-introduction of wraiths benefit the server or the necromancy community at large? as stated before end-games across the board got gakked and i think the only one like daeva somehow survived by they’re totally inactive and their lack of presence for such a prolonged period lead to people doing their own jam and didn’t restrict their gameplay. the wraiths had a bad wrap for targeting with clotting and weaponizing OOC strikes on people they disagreed with OOCly

p.s. sorry if this somehow comes off as being aggressive promise its not

17 minutes ago, Heero said:

clotting lead to the great rat race of 2016-2017 and generally i disagree with bringing wraiths back into the fold. how will the re-introduction of wraiths benefit the server or the necromancy community at large? as stated before end-games across the board got gakked and i think the only one like daeva somehow survived by they’re totally inactive and their lack of presence for such a prolonged period lead to people doing their own jam and didn’t restrict their gameplay. the wraiths had a bad wrap for targeting with clotting and weaponizing OOC strikes on people they disagreed with OOCly

p.s. sorry if this somehow comes off as being aggressive promise its not

I’m not sure about the wraith situation, but what I do know is there needs to be some clotting system, which prompted me to respond. I don’t think it should be held to a certain cliché and at the same time needs to be in the hands of someone responsible. If you don’t have a clotting system the magic becomes abused, overused, and are held to their own standards. The standards of people are thin. You will get more people who don’t care and do stupid activities that way. The wraith argument is for another person to tackle, though I’ll agree they have been stagnant in the past and didn’t serve no overall arching purpose for they didn’t want to be leaders or step up to the leadership plate. Would you say necromancers should have an end-game though? Perhaps something new? My original point is do you think there shouldn’t be clotting? You see from my above text how I feel about clotting. 

Clotting was never what caused the issues and that has been pretty much accepted for a long time, although certain people always waved their arms and blew a panic about it and made it out to be far bigger than it was.  Clotting didn’t get used that much at all (It was also misused the very first time it was ever used, in which it then got overhauled because it wasn’t balanced but people only remember it to be a massive shocking event when in the end nothing permanent happened), except from when people were going out of their way to create new necromancers en-mass and then abandon them after teaching them one spell (Which happened a LOT.)  That’s the thing we don’t want.  The only reason necromancy ever fell into the state it did was when we made the change from keeping things such as making new necromancers and creating ghouls/lichtypes restricted to much fewer individuals.   When we made that change we ended up with so many new necromancers that got abandoned without even learning the drain life spell that they basically should have died IC and there was even two instances of people that had been a necromancer for 3+ months not know what reanimation was, nor that we could do it as they believed our only real purpose was to make ghouls and liches (Yes, this isn’t satire, it really happened) because of a horrible shift in culture we’ve seen surrounding necromancy since everyone and their mother could **** out two liches a week.

These sorts of spells worked best in their original iterations when they weren’t widespread and the original Wraiths are in a similar boat, they were written to function alongside spells like that.  Those wraiths haven’t existed for over four years as Swgrclan seemed to have a fascination with fixing anything that wasn’t broken even when he nails things the first time round and wraiths have been dragged through the dirt since.   I want to bring back Wraiths in their original iteration, when they were a product of necromancy, trying to forget the disaster of a fiasco that has gone on with them the past few years because that isn’t reflective of how these iterations that I am writing were used. 

Also to note the Wraiths were gone by the time clotting came about, reinvented as Ash Wraiths which had nothing to do with necromancy, so these clot target hits are just myth.  The only one people ever went out of their way to be like ‘Nah **** this dude’ is when Aerialkebab had taught like 7 people back to back, abandoned basically all of them and then had his next student lie to us about the fact they were becoming a necromancer until they had posted the application, which we just found to be too shifty.  These sorts of things just don’t really happen.  From someone who has experienced a lot of it, it feels like the community remembers either a very dramatized version of events or are just missing massive chunks from things that did happen, because a lot of what I have heard isn’t even close to being accurate. 

That said, I want Wraiths to come back in their original iteration, because I think they are ******* awesome (Which I don’t think there’s anything wrong with me saying that) and can be awesome even in today’s climate.  I want to forget about the past two completely unnecessary iterations of Wraiths because I really disliked them and I want to make these Wraiths great, so if you have any suggestions of additions or subtractions or anything for them, tell me.  Telling me to remove them because the other wraiths sucked ass and the worst period of necromancy’s timeline completely sucks even though we all know its absolutely sucked for ages just due to terrible decisions in previous rewrites and a complete lack of specificity within the magic does not help, because I know and I agree.  I mean the big elephant in the room is ghouls, not clotting.

I do also strongly believe this is the most cohesive necromancer lore yet and there was a lot of things within Zarsies’ rewrite that I did not like.

Edited by Geo

13 hours ago, Geo said:

Clotting was never what caused the issues and that has been pretty much accepted for a long time, although certain people always waved their arms and blew a panic about it and made it out to be far bigger than it was.  Clotting didn’t get used that much at all (It was also misused the very first time it was ever used, in which it then got overhauled because it wasn’t balanced but people only remember it to be a massive shocking event when in the end nothing permanent happened), except from when people were going out of their way to create new necromancers en-mass and then abandon them after teaching them one spell (Which happened a LOT.)  That’s the thing we don’t want.  The only reason necromancy ever fell into the state it did was when we made the change from keeping things such as making new necromancers and creating ghouls/lichtypes restricted to much fewer individuals.   When we made that change we ended up with so many new necromancers that got abandoned without even learning the drain life spell that they basically should have died IC and there was even two instances of people that had been a necromancer for 3+ months not know what reanimation was, nor that we could do it as they believed our only real purpose was to make ghouls and liches (Yes, this isn’t satire, it really happened) because of a horrible shift in culture we’ve seen surrounding necromancy since everyone and their mother could **** out two liches a week.

These sorts of spells worked best in their original iterations when they weren’t widespread and the original Wraiths are in a similar boat, they were written to function alongside spells like that.  Those wraiths haven’t existed for over four years as Swgrclan seemed to have a fascination with fixing anything that wasn’t broken even when he nails things the first time round and wraiths have been dragged through the dirt since.   I want to bring back Wraiths in their original iteration, when they were a product of necromancy, trying to forget the disaster of a fiasco that has gone on with them the past few years because that isn’t reflective of how these iterations that I am writing were used. 

Also to note the Wraiths were gone by the time clotting came about, reinvented as Ash Wraiths which had nothing to do with necromancy, so these clot target hits are just myth.  The only one people ever went out of their way to be like ‘Nah **** this dude’ is when Aerialkebab had taught like 7 people back to back, abandoned basically all of them and then had his next student lie to us about the fact they were becoming a necromancer until they had posted the application, which we just found to be too shifty.  These sorts of things just don’t really happen.  From someone who has experienced a lot of it, it feels like the community remembers either a very dramatized version of events or are just missing massive chunks from things that did happen, because a lot of what I have heard isn’t even close to being accurate. 

That said, I want Wraiths to come back in their original iteration, because I think they are ******* awesome (Which I don’t think there’s anything wrong with me saying that) and can be awesome even in today’s climate.  I want to forget about the past two completely unnecessary iterations of Wraiths because I really disliked them and I want to make these Wraiths great, so if you have any suggestions of additions or subtractions or anything for them, tell me.  Telling me to remove them because the other wraiths sucked ass and the worst period of necromancy’s timeline completely sucks even though we all know its absolutely sucked for ages just due to terrible decisions in previous rewrites and a complete lack of specificity within the magic does not help, because I know and I agree.  I mean the big elephant in the room is ghouls, not clotting.

I do also strongly believe this is the most cohesive necromancer lore yet and there was a lot of things within Zarsies’ rewrite that I did not like.

Amen.

Can you format this **** any better @Geo

You know like

Spoilers

So I can find a specific thing

Instead of having to

Look through

Fiftymillionpiecesoftextthatmaybeflavourormaynotbeandthenmakesitquitehardtofindthatspecificpieceofinformationineedtofindtoseeifaplayermightbepowergamingorifanecromancerwantedtoknowhowtousesomethinghecouldfindthespellormagicwithinthelorewhichisverydifficultto do when the text is this giant wall of lore that has no formatting other than a few pictures and titles whichalsoblurintothewalloftext to help you on your way

You have 2 weeks to reformat this lore post as seen on: Lore Sub Guide 1: Categories and Formatting. This is part of the most recent LT announcement, seen here: LT Announcement Pt. 8.

Updated format.