Pond

Redemption for Incompetence

Honestly, this was a big deal, ofc. let me just start with that; however, there are bigger issues with the orcs then just this. this didn’t destroy the orcs. The orc player base self implodes because of its toxic occ attitude that very few people accept. It is a niche group of people who either tolerate or ‘enjoy’ in the ooc aspect of it. Orcs IG are very rich in culture, and very fun to play; that being said, when the toxicity becomes to much it drives old and new players away /THAT/ is why orcs are failing in the majority. Thats not to say what happened is acceptable, it isnt. Or that it did not have an impact, it did. Orcs should get a fair start to the next map; however, as a race we need to fix ourselves, we need to become better and more appealing to  new players and show old/current orcs who have been pushed away that we deserve to be taken seriously 

You, Fireheart, whoever wants to can slander my name. I tried to stop the fight. I did my best to try and stop it and I was ignored. 

The orcs got fucked over by themselves.

Adios.

6 minutes ago, L0rdLawyer said:

You, Fireheart, whoever wants to can slander my name. I tried to stop the fight. I did my best to try and stop it and I was ignored. 

Adios.

How Did We **** oirselves over lol, ur retarded and pathetic, know what /ban is? Could have used it in the fight but Hopefully it gets used on you now. Dpm showed me you got into vc with both of them. Ur pathetic dude :x

I’ll let Eli speak for himself since I wasn’t involved in that duel. And I’m perfectly fine with the orcs getting a tile next map. Personally, I think all major races should get a tile. I think this activity plugin is stupid. Activity always wanes at the end of a map, and to judge a nation’s end-of-map activity as indicative of how active it will be next map is beyond stupid.

That said, don’t act as if the orcs woes all happened because of that duel. At the time of that war, the attitude in the orcish playerbase was absolutely deplorable, and it deified bullying, harrassment and personally targetting players. I was one of the main targets of this. Since then, I’ve learned to not let the **** people say at me effects me as much. But the orcish playerbase at the time was a toxic hotbed that encouraged harrassment, and that was not conducive to building a good community. I have no issue now calling them out on it, and have had several ex-members and even current members of the orc community openly admit to me this was the case. Their inactivity came as much because of their attitude towards people as much as the fact they had to move plots.

With that said, I have not had any real interaction with the orc playerbase in many months. I’ve not ever really interacted with their current Rex either. So I am willing to accept the possibility that their community has changed for the better, and if that is the case, I hope it stays that way, and they can be decent human beings.

Give the orcs a plot, but instead of letting past orc leaders victimize themselves over what happened during that duel, I think its on them, us, and the admins to look into how such a clash between two extremely OOCly charged playerbases willing to do drastic things to put each other down escalated in the first place, and how absolutely shitty a job the GMs/Admins did in managing it.

Wolfkite ur a lieing rat, if u really are telling the truth then get in voice chat with me and some others tomorrow and prove it. Toss me your discord 

1 hour ago, Tayelikel said:

Honestly, this was a big deal, ofc. let me just start with that; however, there are bigger issues with the orcs then just this. this didn’t destroy the orcs. The orc player base self implodes because of its toxic occ attitude that very few people accept. It is a niche group of people who either tolerate or ‘enjoy’ in the ooc aspect of it. Orcs IG are very rich in culture, and very fun to play; that being said, when the toxicity becomes to much it drives old and new players away /THAT/ is why orcs are failing in the majority. Thats not to say what happened is acceptable, it isnt. Or that it did not have an impact, it did. Orcs should get a fair start to the next map; however, as a race we need to fix ourselves, we need to become better and more appealing to  new players and show old/current orcs who have been pushed away that we deserve to be taken seriously 

We’ve had this conversation so many times in orc discord and ever time the same points get brought up. If people want to play an orc they can play an orc and guys like Rin Jandy and Pond will help them out. We don’t actively push away new people for the sake of being toxic. If someone decides they dislike the orc discord then they can easily leave it without being overdramatic about the issue. 

but isn't that a bad mentality to have? “deal with it or leave?” why is that the go to for the behavior that is allowed?

1 hour ago, L0rdLawyer said:

Adios.

I think you're just trying to cover your reputation here, Wolf. You didn't act as much as you could have in fear of God knows what. Kyle maybe? Ruining a massive event? I'm not sure man. Whatever it is, stop trying to cover it up with this bullshit.

I'll make a longer post if this topic stays trending after my flight.

Orc playerbase doesn't like being censored in their own discord. The behavior that we allow is just a bunch of guys saying dumb **** with their buddies without needing to be afraid of getting a swift ban. Nobody in our discord barring maybe Ghaz is actually malicious with the things they say. That's something that isn't going to change probably for a long time if ever. If people don't like that that's cool but don't try to say that we actively kick people out as soon as they try to join. The core orc playerbase are people who get along, joke with each other, and do **** besides playing lotc together. Even after Jandy leaked that screenshot and people got pissed we still let him back in when he asked. We aren’t perfect as a community but we’re far from dysfunctional. We have meaningful rp and ooc interactions with one another just like every other community.

I would think that a charter would be good for the orcs, maybe not a tile unless they prove their activity – I am ignorant on exactly how active the orcs are, though Pond does assure me they have an active settlement so that should be easy.

Well, I’ve spent several years interacting with various player bases ooc and ic, going through 4 years of communication in Uni, and generally attempting to understand people who otherwise seem strange and different to my own backgrounds as an rp’er. In fact, I once did a little experiment where I brought in an orc player into the bryophite chat because they had extremely different ways of communicating. What I discovered from that was that the way player bases have different sorts of sub-cultures in themselves, just like real world societies have different cultures globally. The way orc players communicate isn’t the way most elf players do, and the way they view LOTC isn’t the same as other player bases, but that doesn’t make them toxic or bad unless one stops at the face value of it. And of course, the same goes for orc’s views on the elf player base. In the bryophite chat, the orc player called me a name and the bryophite players started getting angry and trying to stand up for me, which was wonderful and kind, but the name calling wasn’t malicious at all in reality. It was just how we did friendly banter in the orc chat and everyone did it there. 

I’m not saying that there hasn’t been bad players who are there to troll and be toxic in the orcs. There has been, but there’s been plenty of them in the humans, in the elves, and various other race groups from lotc, too. I think what really needs to happen in order to “fix” things is on both sides is a bit less aggressive, but ultimately harder than bans and history rp wipes. Both orcs and other player bases need to learn how the other side communicates, why they do what they do, and try their best not to take offense to it off the bat. Pointing fingers and dishing out punishments on individual players will only go so far if the player bases continue to act like it’s a “Our kind vs. their kind” situation. It’ll be hard to drop the imaginary, demonized versions of each other from our heads, but continuing like this isn’t going to work. We all enjoy our echo-chambers of hearing people who agree with us and very little else, but communication, figuring out the shared values, understanding each other’s sub-cultures a little better, and genuine interaction with each other might help in a long term solution.

1 hour ago, Jaeden said:

I think you're just trying to cover your reputation here, Wolf. You didn't act as much as you could have in fear of God knows what. Kyle maybe? Ruining a massive event? I'm not sure man. Whatever it is, stop trying to cover it up with this bullshit.

I'll make a longer post if this topic stays trending after my flight.

Please do come back even if the post goes away from the recent topic bar thing, would like to hear another comment from the elf/dominion side of things, at the time.

Just now, Pond said:

Please do come back even if the post goes away from the recent topic bar thing, would like to hear another comment from the elf/dominion side of things, at the time.

I mean I don’t think it’s a secret that no one in the leadership actually supported Eli’s decision to go through with the duel – Take that as you will!

Just give them a fuckin tile, how hard is it? They got cucked, finish the “investigation” and give the orcs a tile for next map. Im like 99% sure the desert is unclaimed.  

Edited by Taketheshot

1 minute ago, Sky said:

I mean I don’t think it’s a secret that no one in the leadership actually supported Eli’s decision to go through with the duel – Take that as you will!

That could be argued I would say, there are obviously people on this server who break rules knowingly. I am 100% sure there were people DPM or Veist, or even Wolfkite told, but didn’t expose the evidence and information, and let it happen also. Eli also said he was contacted by a ‘mutual friend’ for the entire idea, that player is unknown to me, and I am assuming only Eli knows of him, and I am sure Eli will not rat that player out either. There are people out there who support others decisions no matter the consequences, I am sure there were.