xxx

activity checks (___)ing (___) my (____)

do you like the way land is being given in 7.0?  

50 members have voted

1. 1. do you like the way land is being given in 7.0?

• yes, I like the way land is being distributed in 7.0
    • yes, but I am a GM and my opinion is not valid
    • no, I have concerns with how land is being distributed in 7.0

4 hours ago, Jaeden said:

Giving everyone land spreads RP thin. It’s why activity has to be moderated. I think the system’s fine to an extent, though I did have concerns with the way the activity was moderated (being purely reliant on numbers), and how harsh the threshold was.

Players only spread out when everyone has land and there is more land overall. This could easily be fought by forcing players to take plots in a small ring around CT, which is... incidentally, what we’re doing right now.

4 hours ago, Jaeden said:

Also briefly adding here. Activity was around the same, it was just more centralised which was why RP felt more lively and common. The downtime hours were worse during Athera than what it is now – averaging about ~10 to 15 in Athera, where we average now from ~25 to 35.

Anyway I’ll respond properly to this thread a bit later. I saw you address me in an earlier message, and I stand a bit differently in my opinion than I did before. So I’ll plonk that in sometime later today as it’s 1am for me.

It really goes to show you how strong that illusion was, then. I’d greatly prefer Athera’s system (sans Nexus-regions plugin) than what we have right now, where Nations get exclusive access to land and the admins are now threatening us with the same charter system that killed Vailor. 

Edited by xxx

1 minute ago, xxx said:

It only does this when everyone has land and there is more land overall. This could easily be fought by forcing players to take plots in a small ring around CT, which is... incidentally, what we’re doing right now.

I mean I suppose. Personally, I loved Athera and how it centralised roleplay. I’ve always advocated for an ‘interactive’ map. Where the map size is small at the beginning, forcing players to permanently settle around Cloud Temple. Then through world events you can slowly open up more of the map.