FlamboyantNewEra

7.0 - Vaults and You

Vaults and You

We will be having vaults this map transition, which will be available at a later date (another announcement will be made when vaults become available). 18 items will be able to be transferred over through the vault plugin. Details on what is and isn’t allowed will be talked about below. This is very important to read since once we are on 7.0, any blacklisted items in the vault will be rejected and you’ll have wasted your slot for nothing. So make sure to avoid that by seeing what are the items that are fine to port over.

Blacklisted Items

A goal that we have with 7.0 is to get rid of a lot of the outdated or broken items that are floating around in regards to things with staff and player signatures. Going into 7.0, player signatures will no longer be valid for anything with significant lore value. With this in mind, we will be rejecting any player signed items that are: alchemy related, magic related, or significant in terms of lore (e.g. thanhium or other rare lore materials).

In addition, any GM/admin/”moderator” (the really old moderator one) signed items will be rejected from your vault. If it is magical or lore oriented, you need an LT to sign off on it, and if it’s a mundane item (e.g. fancy jewelry), you can get a player signature on that. I want to reiterate that having an LT signature on something does not mean it is automatically going to be accepted in the vault process. Check the spoiler down below to see if your item has what is required. And please use the item conversion thread if you are unsure.

Event items will also be looked over to make sure the item is balanced/not overpowered. Vague items from dead eventlines will likely be rejected if the ET is no longer around. Same with any overpowered/vague combative items.

Unsure if your item is bad or not? Check the spoiler to see the following criteria:

Spoiler
  • Magic Items: Emote count, detail on what the ability does, recharge time if needed, creator. The magic being used should be included in either the description or name of the item.
  • Lore Items: Emote count if needed, detail on what the ability does if needed, details on special trait if needed. The lore being used should be included in either the description or name of the item.
  • Event Item: Emote count if needed, detail on what the ability does if needed. The lore/magic being used should be included, if it’s an event magic or event lore, make sure it specifies that instead.
  • Player Item: Is it mundane to warrant a player signature or does it have some special traits to it which warrants the above?
  • GM/Admin/Moderator signed items: Put them on the item conversion thread and we’ll figure out where it should go for you.

The standard item blacklist will also be put into place and will be rejected should you try to bring it over:

• Resource blocks (examples: diamond, gold, iron, lapis, redstone, emerald, coal, stacks of logs, dyes, et cetera).*

• Resource materials (examples: diamond, gold, iron, lapis, redstone, emerald, coal).*

• Ores.*

• PvP equipment of any kind.*

• Tools of any variety. This includes the ones from the shop of wonders.*

• Potions.*

• TnT.

• Workstations (e.g. anvils and enchantment tables).

• Buckets (e.g. lava bucket).

• Elytra.

• Shulker boxes of all varieties.

• Totems.

• Spawn eggs.

*RP Item Clause: If the blacklisted item in question has a proper description and a signature, it can be brought over so long as it doesn’t violate any other parts of the blacklist. If the item has enchants on it, is an eternity item from the Shop of Wonders, or is a potion, you need to put it in the item conversion thread and we’ll fix the item for you.

• Update #1: According to the devs, vault will not be able to support stacked items of any kind.
  • Update #2: Books will be ported over to 7.0 using the same book storage command. At the moment, you will be able to carry over an infinite amount of books via this command. This is subject to change (it probably won’t be, only thing changing it is if the coding goes haywire with the 1.13 stuff).
  • Update #3: Admin signed items and old moderator signed items have been included in the above, grouped together with GM signed items.
  • Update #4: Went into more depth on the criteria for what your items should have if staff signed.

How Will Vaults Be Reviewed?

The LT and myself will be handling vaults this time around to ensure that the items we are looking to cull get removed. Due to trying to weed out so many bad items, vault requests will likely be slower than usual once we transition maps.

PLEASE READ

If you take any information from this post, let it be this section. We will be outright denying items when we transition should they fall under any of the blacklisted items. If you have RP items that fall under the blacklist but you would like to take over, please use this thread → LINK TO ITEM CONVERSION THREAD ← or LTreq in-game to have your items converted (do note that LTreqs will not be responded to right away and we will get to it within a few days depending on how many requests there are, as we anticipate a large number of items).

You will need to provide the bad item and we will balance it/fix it for you. If you do not do this and try to take over the item into 7.0, it will be deleted and no refund will be given. If you want to avoid wasting a vault slot, please do the above instead.

On the Topic of the Vault Size (Flam’s Thoughts)

Bear in mind this is my stance for lowering the vault limit and having the above changes done, other admins and devs might have had a different idea/thought process. I’m aware that it is a big change to go from 27 → 18, but before you get upset, please consider the following. We are going to have at least 300 people making vaults, and that’s being optimistic. In Atlas we had almost 500 vaults. Each person has 18 items to put into that vault. 300 x 18 is 5,400 for a low estimate and 500 x 18 is 9,000 for our Atlas numbers. 5,400 to 9,000. Not some number in the hundreds, but in the thousands. People claim the new map is a fresh start, but in reality there are thousands of items flooding the map the moment we transfer via the vault plugin. If we had 27 items it would be 8,100 (300 people) to 13,500 (500 people). 2,700 to 4,500 more items on the map if we went with 27, surpassing the 10,000 mark.

That’s an extreme number of items that are being brought over and these items we have to sift through and make sure they are all good items. There’s no real fresh start when we transfer maps, at least not with the vault plugin. And I get that you might be upset about losing a row in the vault, but please try and understand it’s so we keep thousands of additional items from flooding the map.

Sweet

Edit: why only 18 slots this time 'round? Wasn't it a full single chest in axios to atlas transition?

Edited by ChaseusBelli

While I can understand some of the things on the blacklist, some of my tools cost over 20k minas, highly disappointed about that. Vault is good, but I think the blacklist needs improvised. 

So Flamboyant, can we bring food items (such as wheat, potatoes, carrots etc) into 7.0?

This also includes the following:
-Voting items such as Monk Bread
-Player signed food items
-LT/ET signed food items
-Baked/cooked food variants

I’ve had a sword that I’ve taken to defend every raid for several weeks. Very special to me now.

Also my GM listed stuff from old days.

Also my cure to AIDs potion. . . very important item.

Heck u dude wtf

Edited by argle-bargle

12 minutes ago, ChaseusBelli said:

Sweet

Edit: why only 18 slots this time 'round? Wasn't it a full single chest in axios to atlas transition?

It was a decision reached by the admins and devs to try and start cutting down on the amount of items that are brought over. The reasoning for this is often times with 27 per person, some bad shit gets overlooked and considering certain items that were discovered this map that made PvP rather unbalanced, having less stuff to sort through is better.

10 minutes ago, J33xt101 said:

While I can understand some of the things on the blacklist, some of my tools cost over 20k minas, highly disappointed about that. Vault is good, but I think the blacklist needs improvised. 

The SoW items were agreed to remove after some discussion with the devs as they’ll be a major advantage next map, considering some of the enchants on them. I apologize for the inconvenience though.

10 minutes ago, TheDragonsRoost said:

So Flamboyant, can we bring food items (such as wheat, potatoes, carrots etc) into 7.0?

This also includes the following:
-Voting items such as Monk Bread
-Player signed food items
-LT/ET signed food items
-Baked/cooked food variants

I don’t see why not.

10 minutes ago, argle-bargle said:

I’ve had a sword that I’ve taken to defend every raid for several weeks. Very special to me now.

Also my GM listed stuff from old days.

Also my cure to AIDs potion. . . very important item.

Heck u dude wtf

The top two can be converted into items you can carry over if they’re rp items, if you took the time to read the whole thread......... ily2 tho

Will you consider limiting 3 Redstone blocks per vault to get a soulstone pillar started quickly?

With the shulker box I have, i’ve always RP’d it as a Translocation enchantment. Although I am unable to sign / edit the item else it’ll prevent it’s use. I was curious if this would be allowed to transfer or no?

Music discs? >.>

1 hour ago, Jenny_Bobbs said:

With the shulker box I have, i’ve always RP’d it as a Translocation enchantment. Although I am unable to sign / edit the item else it’ll prevent it’s use. I was curious if this would be allowed to transfer or no?

Shulker boxes aren’t being brought over, even if they are signed to my understanding.

1 hour ago, jdesarno said:

Music discs? >.>

Should be fine, I think? I’ll ask the devs. They’re fine according to the devs.

1 hour ago, Arkelos said:

Will you consider limiting 3 Redstone blocks per vault to get a soulstone pillar started quickly?

At the moment no, though that may change. I’ll have to ask the devs. It’s not going to happen due to the changes being done to everyone’s attributes, so there’d be no point in bringing the redstone over.

18 slots... well my chest of simply event items are going be hard to move over to the next map... yay. Still lease I got time to plan and get other players helps maybe... 

Thank you for the reply, the next thing I wish to bring up is the shop of wonder items, specifically the eternity items (unbreakable tools). Are these transferable? 

So, from what I understand, I will be able to bring over my;
Written and Signed books
Jewelry (signed by anyone but GMS?)
Lore/Event items that serve no purpose but roleplay
Weapons that are heavily /lore’d and detailed and signed by anyone but GMS 
Hay Bales

Let me know if I missed anything or misread!

Edited by SquakHawk

Question: Do item stack in the vault this time or no? An are spawn eggs alright to take over too the new map?