FlamboyantNewEra

7.0 - Vaults and You

I have a signed stick with fortune 7 on it, aside from making Gravel and production of things like Carrots and Potatoes or seeds it’s pretty useless on a stick. It canny be used fer mining and has significant value to my halfling (who only exists if this pitch succeeds) to farm his potatoes....

I also have an unsigned Respiration 2 head, I feel that if not used in pvp it is a perfectly useful tool for building under water...

These items hold no unfair benefit to me over other players whatsoever...

PLEASE DON’T TAKE MY STUFF!

19 minutes ago, Ricky said:

You say this, though in your first statement and I quote.

20 minutes ago, Ricky said:

I have a signed stick with fortune 7

How does this not give an unfair mechanical benefit to you?

What’s the point of having 18 items if people will get alts to move their items regardless?

This is kind of really messed up.

unknown.png

You realize all the missing Braduk golok relics are all gm-signed, right? And they’re not used for **** but our history and display. Are you telling us that we have to abandon our relics from previous maps? I realize that the ‘vague items from dead eventlines’ just means Aesopian’s September Prince eventline, but still, most of our rp items come from events, and I don’t keep them to use them, I keep for memories because the characters I got them on are dead, and thus they have been passed down to the next heir.

(Is it possible to get the Braduk relics back if the leader logged off with them and never returned?)

And what about a pair of iron boots that were signed by me but approved by a GM? These pair of iron boots are a trophy to the first player I killed in my first warclaim.

2017-09-23_14_43_13.png.71cee5701a1616f0fb494e02fa3036bd.png

I don’t how you justify removing 9 slots because “bad crap got overlooked”, it’s just 9 more slots. Surely, we can put good stuff in the remaining slots. Is this not also going to mess up the plugin, since we have to deal with what might be troublesome with two rows instead of three? Now cutting down on thousands of items, maybe justifiable.. however, I don’t want to come back and see that “oh, there’s too many players, we’re going to give you one vault row to have your stuff on.”

Also, what about event items that stack? Like, from Fury_Fire, I have three bokolo feathers.

Warforging is a thing on lotc, and it basicly just gives you metal with a special visible effect depending on what kind of warforging it is. In this case i have a player signed shield with glowing runes etched into it as a result of Lightforging. This shield has no magic or alchemical purpose, it has just been made with alchemy for a cool and unique aesthetic, atm it means a lot to a couple characters irp. Would this be able to be brought over or not? – seeing as it was made with “alchemy”, yet has no effects at all.

A quick question. If an item has the signature from an admin, will we need to get that converted as if it were signed by a GM?

I think i only have about 3 items 

I have lots of runic weapons signed by gms or players, relics of my clan that are signed by players, will those items be blacklisted?!

10 hours ago, Vorgraven said:

In character family belongings falls under which category here?

Family belongings just need a player signature or an LT/ET signature depending on what it is. So long as the item itself doesn’t breach any of the blacklisted stuff it should be fine.

9 hours ago, Ricky said:

I have a signed stick with fortune 7 on it, aside from making Gravel and production of things like Carrots and Potatoes or seeds it’s pretty useless on a stick. It canny be used fer mining and has significant value to my halfling (who only exists if this pitch succeeds) to farm his potatoes....

I also have an unsigned Respiration 2 head, I feel that if not used in pvp it is a perfectly useful tool for building under water...

PLEASE DON’T TAKE MY STUFF!

You say it doesn’t give an unfair benefit but it does boost the amount of items you’re getting from things like gravel collecting, which translates into potentially getting arrows/PvP gear faster via flint. We’ll be removing that if you want to transfer it over, but if you’re looking to keep the “shiny” aspect of it we may replace enchants with something actually useless (e.g. arcane 1 or something) though this has yet to be discussed.

7 hours ago, Quintessential said:

You realize all the missing Braduk golok relics are all gm-signed, right? And they’re not used for **** but our history and display. Are you telling us that we have to abandon our relics from previous maps?

And what about a pair of iron boots that were signed by me but approved by a GM? These pair of iron boots are a trophy to the first player I killed in my first warclaim.

Also, what about event items that stack? Like, from Fury_Fire, I have three bokolo feathers.

I’m not sure if you took the time to read the thread fully, but if you did you’d have noticed there’s an item conversion thread that you can use to convert your GM signed items or bad signed items into good signed items that will be allowed in the vault. And due to the Vault’s coding, stacked items are not allowed at all, so you’d have to use 3 slots for those 3 bokolo feathers.

6 hours ago, Tide1 said:

Warforging is a thing on lotc, and it basicly just gives you metal with a special visible effect depending on what kind of warforging it is. In this case i have a player signed shield with glowing runes etched into it as a result of Lightforging. This shield has no magic or alchemical purpose, it has just been made with alchemy for a cool and unique aesthetic, atm it means a lot to a couple characters irp. Would this be able to be brought over or not? – seeing as it was made with “alchemy”, yet has no effects at all.

Sure, though I’d reckon that needs an LT signature due to the fact that warforging is so restricted in terms of who has access to it.

6 hours ago, Drusus said:

A quick question. If an item has the signature from an admin, will we need to get that converted as if it were signed by a GM?

Correct. Toss it onto the item conversion thread. I’ll update the main thread to make that more clear, thanks for bringing it up.

1 hour ago, JokerLow said:

I have lots of runic weapons signed by gms or players, relics of my clan that are signed by players, will those items be blacklisted?!

Toss it onto the item conversion thread.

Wtf, sometimes RP items from ETs and GMs/Admins/moderators that are no longer around can become relics that are important to RP. I can understand vetting OP items, but vetting old items from old ets and old gms/admins/mods seems ridiculous.

Disappointed that the really old moderator signed ones aren’t able to be brought over while signed like that. Loved the green signature color.

3 hours ago, HopeSky123 said:

can we take over maps?

Yes. But they don't work so I wouldn't bother

9 hours ago, Dragonslayerelf said:

Wtf, sometimes RP items from ETs and GMs/Admins/moderators that are no longer around can become relics that are important to RP. I can understand vetting OP items, but vetting old items from old ets and old gms/admins/mods seems ridiculous.

Why would we ignore potentially unbalanced items just because they have a certain tag or are old? Assuming they’re not pure BS, they can still be converted into proper items, just with balancing or minus the shelved magics or whatever issue the item has.

3 hours ago, Jenny_Bobbs said:

Do items with;

9254b256a8a7e152271df242becbd8b3.png

Magic moderator sigs require to be converted?

Only if it’s missing the stuff described in the spoiler. If you’re not sure if it is or not, toss it onto the item conversion thread.