_Jingoism_

Reviving the Orc Race(and its subtypes)

U R U K

Orc lady by kaiyela

I want to make an active effort in improving orcs and giving better rp, but I don’t know what people want as prospective players or as the current playerbase. I’m not trying to point figures, or dissuade anyone’s current efforts, but I think more needs to be done to revive and improve the orcish race. Especially with staff. With my time as Rex, I’ve personally have to beg and nag staff constantly to get things as simple as land tiles, events, or try to spread spiritual worship through events. 

The current administration states they are making efforts to try and improve the situation, but orcs have been struggling compared to the other three races since the end of Vailor(2016).  I’ve never seen them go out of their way to do anything, while on the teams save for the efforts I’ve made on them and other orcs(the few that are actually accepted to teams). 

If administration is unaware of what to do, you could talk to the nation leader and members of the community rather than all talk and no actual effort. 

I’ve made a lot of effort in trying to revive/restore/repair orcs, but I think I’ve gone about it the wrong way every time due to my own ego and stubbornness. 

I want to know what non-orcs want out of an orcish race that would encourage them to join, and what issues they have with the community that need to be fixed. 

I want to know current orcs want. More fleshed out clans? More centralization? Less centralization? More RP things to do? Better history for each of the clans? This includes the subraces as well. I recognize goblins have recently made great strides in both of the new clans, but I’m wondering if more effort needs to be done.  I have a rewrite that adds more information for Ologs, but I’m not aware of the feedback it received. https://docs.google.com/document/d/1KgFlTyB3u09U2YgiSiZIjbVADBB61-OaicWrcqj_K5E/edit

Shamanism is also a great point of contention. I don’t necessarily think it should be locked, but it is a primarily orc based magic and faith. My intent for the shamanism rewrite is to include more for worshipers of the spirits to practice their religion beyond simple emotes. Moreover, either remove dark shamanism or amend it from the mess of cringy magics slacked together.  I enjoy the aspects of having an antagonistic force against the spirits, but there’s been so much abuse and OOC drama that I’m okay with it not being feasible.  I have more ideas for shamanism in a rewrite, but I’d like to collect feedback and thoughts before amending my current ideas. 

In my “perfect” world for orcs, the community would be unified regardless of whatever rp drama was afoot, and though internally in warring between each other, would still defend and attack common enemies. 

Voice your concerns, feedback, and ideas for reviving the orcish community, as well as any gripes and complaints you’ve had in my own personal efforts. I want to see the community improve. Feel free add me on discord, or pm me on the forums.

Jingoism#1521

Edited by _Jingoism_

Focus on culture. Enforce it in RP and always practice it everywhere. Avoid all kinds of OOC butthurt, salt, and cry babies.  Have only one city/fort.

Push culture in a central location is my personal suggestion. 

I have a couple comments/questions. First of all, I do believe that part of the administration has already reached out to Nanman to talk about “restoring” the orcs. What was discussed I’m unsure, that would probably be something you should discuss with Nanman depending on how serious this vision of reviving the orcs is. 

Secondly, regarding Shamanism, what exactly are you proposing outside of a dark shaman rework and why are you specifically rewriting Shamanism and are you doing that alone of your own accord, or working with the active and competent shamans? 

And my final question would be why do you feel you are the one who will bring change to the orcs? 

I do not mean to offend or annoy with these questions and seemingly hostile attitude. But as an old dwarf/human player who recently came back to LOTC and joined Orcs, the Orcs literally just went through someone who acted like they were the savior of the race. Brazilianski came back to orcs, made all this forum ‘hype’ about more people making orcs and made a huge OOC fueled IRP power play by grabbing random ranks that were open, and then sperged out bc of OOC drama and made everyone look dumb. 

13 minutes ago, Tuarz said:

-snip-

I was working with the shamans before the rewrite, but I haven’t heard from any of them in recent times about work they’ve done. It seems most of them split off to do their own thing or are just inactive.  The reason I want to work alone is so I can get it done faster and it’s not like I’m not going to take feedback and criticism, thats the point of the post I just made. 

The post EXPLICITLY says I’m not trying to be the single savior or sole person to try and fix the orcs, its why I’m asking what people want and what they currently don’t like. 

Post is kind of unneeded tbh, the orcs are steadily reviving right now, our new capital is active, we have three farseers currently active, and we are currently working on the rewrite  together, I believe the elementalists are working on theirs as well, the others have already been posted. The orcs are in a good spot, just stick around the city and provide people with good rp, that’s all we need to do right now, as long as all the orcs don’t run around furthering the negative stereotype that is associated with orc rp which is “ug blug. Mi peep pinkeh me flat.” and instead show them that we do have good rp, and deep cultures, which will bring new players, like it already is now, and not get us constantly warclaimed out of our homes. 

Edit: Yeet

https://gyazo.com/65456cf88e10843de60cc8871b4ff79e

https://gyazo.com/a6696ef614b88e21415613e046eb3099

Just like to say, that Shamans are making their own rewrites. You just aren’t in Shaman Discord

I think we’re already recovering if I’m being honest. Always a few people in the goi and if we’re lucky we can get up to like 15. Obviously not as active as say, Renatus, but its always quality RP as well