Featherstone

[✓] [Server] Featherstone Ban Appeal

What kind of ban are you appealing?

Server

Minecraft Usernames

Featherstone9086

Ban Reason

Intent to ERP (or ERP? This was never clarified)

Players Involved

MordredValois

By your own understanding, why are you banned?

Because I was involved in a IRP encounter that involved sexual content despite the fact I, myself, didn't send any such explicit messages. It might be because I at some point crossed the line without knowing it but there's been little clarification on the matter, so to be honest, I'm not entirely sure which thing it was.

Why should you be pardoned?

Firstly, I never sent any explicit messages and in the L-OOC I specifically stated that ERP was against the rules and we should black out. It was never my intention to break the rules. Secondly, I am an very new player - it was only my third day on the server when this happened - and I followed the lead of someone who I assumed knew the rules better than I. Evidently, I was incorrect in this assumption, and that's most certainly my responsibility, but it was a genuine mistake and I was making an effort to follow the rules as shown in the first example.

What will you do to prevent similar circumstances that led to your ban?

I'll black out before I think it's necessary and instead of assuming experience = knowledge/recognition of rules, I will take it onto myself to be the one to cut things off.

Discuss why you believe that following the Community Guidelines is important to promote a healthy community.

I think the easiest way to approach this specific question is to just go through the guidelines one by one and explain the importance in a few sentences.

Being "Laid-back & Considerate" allows for unbiased RP that's fair for all parties, and contributes not only to an ever-evolving and somewhat spontaneous world and encounters but also allows for all parties concerned to play - and enjoy playing - their part. It keeps the game world fluid, which is hugely important to its development and the atmosphere in which all the players partake. Being "Encouraging & Open" not only helps new players find their way into the community and expands horizons for already-established players, but it also makes Lord of the Craft a fun place and positive experience for everyone. Being "Creative & Authentic" is what makes every story and every character unique. It's this independence and unexpectedness of the game that makes it engaging and interesting; if you knew the whole road, why walk it? Being "Detached yet Enthusiastic" is to find a balance between being invested in your character and experience but also recognizing it's only a game and being able to get over the inevitable disappointments and struggles that befall your character on their journey. Without such detachment, it's easy to let emotions get the best of you, and without investment, it's hardly the well-rounded experience that makes it all worth it. Being "Independent & Proactive" hails back to the ability to create your own story. Taking control of your own character and being proactive in finding the adventure is what allows you to create a truly engaging story.

All these guidelines keep the world unique, ever-changing, fair, and a positive experience for everyone. Without them - or without the respect for them - it inevitably leads to a certain level of chaos, difficulty, and harm to players and their stories. In the worst cases, it might even make the entire thing a wasted effort.