_Jandy_

Feedback on Staff Reports

Staff Reports in their current form are a failure. I have posted a handful and each time they take so long to have settled by an admin that the gravity of the situation has entirely been forgotten or discarded. Between this and the odd confusion that has happened in the past where staff claim that they cannot be publicly reported for misconduct of their job I think that the entire system needs to be reviewed and fixed to better function. 

There are two ways to report a Staff Member. The Anonymous Staff Report section is used when players believe they will be targeted by that staff member and/or his/her friends. This section is what most players believe they have to use to report a staff member, which they are wrong. This report section is decent because it allows the Administration and Team Directors to take their time when looking into the situation, which is why it takes forever, but are able to go into great detail.

Another option is to post in the Player Reports. A player has full rights to waive anonymity at any time to report the specific staff member. When these reports are posted they usually catch the eye of the community depending on the severity. These reports usually take the route of Mob Justice. The staff member, when reported in this situation, might not always be guilty of what they’re accused but from player pressure the Administration and Team Directors are forced to look into the matter at hand quite quickly, often making mistakes in their final verdict.

Each report has it’s perks and has it’s downfalls. If something is really severe, I suggest just making a public player report on the staff member. 

(All information gathered from Player Report section and conversations from the post-Xalid doxxing ban report.)

(Unban me, I didn’t do ****. Don’t use me as a scapegoat without asking. I don’t consent.)

Edited by L0rdLawyer

I would just player report the staff member to get that fat rep

1 hour ago, xxx said:

I would just player report the staff member to get that fat rep

Thing is, all public player reports that I have seen on staff members have been instantly locked telling the poster to post it in the anonymous staff report section. It is a stupid and broken system that allows for things to be swept under the rug, anonymous staff reports are for people who want to remain anonymous in their ban reports on staff, not everyone wants to be anonymous. 

13 minutes ago, ImperialTortoise said:

Thing is, all public player reports that I have seen on staff members have been instantly locked telling the poster to post it in the anonymous staff report section. It is a stupid and broken system that allows for things to be swept under the rug, anonymous staff reports are for people who want to remain anonymous in their ban reports on staff, not everyone wants to be anonymous. 

yeah that’s not good

Speaking from experience here. Not all staff reports are locked and swept under the rug. I kept the ban report against me and let mine play out in the public eye. I hold no ill will against jandy or wolf for it and actually agree that if a player wants to waive anonymity then let them. In my own experience I would have never known the issue against me if it had not been reported publicly.

staff report rarely do anything, as you said

at the very most they’ll just get a slap on the wrist and told to straighten out tbh

I let ban reports against me play out, I have fun responding to them.

Though to add on to that, if you're going to report a staff member don't do it in the same day they 'abused' against you. Most times these complaints are often exaggerated because a player was miffed by a verdict.

1 hour ago, Jaeden said:

I let ban reports against me play out, I have fun responding to them.

Though to add on to that, if you're going to report a staff member don't do it in the same day they 'abused' against you. Most times these complaints are often exaggerated because a player was miffed by a verdict.

Sometimes the verdict around you is bullshit. Yes, you should wait and think about it but if you are banned for power gaming when no party involved is offended by one players actions and thought their roleplay was quite enjoyable, yet you still ban the player. Its pathetic. 

This is poorly written, I do understand that fyi.

Edited by L0rdLawyer

2 hours ago, L0rdLawyer said:

Sometimes the verdict around you is bullshit. Yes, you should wait and think about it but if you are banned for power gaming when no party involved is offended by one players actions and thought their roleplay was quite enjoyable, yet you still ban the player. Its pathetic. 

This is poorly written, I do understand that fyi.

Obviously there are exceptions, don’t get me wrong. Clear-cut false bans, unfounded verdicts, biased instances, etc etc. Though every moderator can view each other’s warnings and bans, so usually people will call out crappy bans when they see it.

That being said, I do agree with you. But I’ve found that it definitely pays off if you wait a bit before submitting a ban report on a GM that banned you if the situation is more of a grey area. Otherwise you get something like that ban report Malgonious filed against myself, Niccum, and Paleo.