[✗] [Reformatting][Feat] The Feats of Gazigash

Smaw

The Feats of Gazigash

image?w=309&h=356&rev=7&ac=1&parent=1XmA1A0vrlNOqqmPhtwhcQY3W1VUIrFcZmzZozK6fIPk

In this post I would like to suggest some feats that ordinary Orcs may use upon meeting the small requirements that will follow. I think it's important in Orc RP for all to feel a connection to the Spirits in one way or another. While it is logical that Shamans will have direct exposure and a subsequent arsenal of skills and spells, Orcs of all ilk should be able to interact with their most venerated Spirits in more physical ways; think of it like the Magic that allows you to turn small candles on without having an MA, et cetera.

Blood Priests

What would you give to find your mortal enemy? What would you give to avenge the endless suffering that has befallen your kind? For the Blood Priests, it is everything.

If an Orc is devoted enough to Gazigash, they may sacrifice their sight in a painful ritual. When they are taken to visit her, a request and an offering must be made. If accepted, the blood will be drawn into the eyes, filling the sclera and pupils a sanguine hue. At this point, their vision is obscured with a crimson fog, and they are only able to perceive living entities in the world within this mist.

For instance, Animals and Descendants will be seen as normal, due to being formed of flesh and bone. If a Blood Priest comes across an entity that has foul blood of rotted flesh, this will be considerably more noticeable. These devout Orcs are often seen among the ranks of those who hunt the Undead, as this ability proves particularly useful. Occasionally useful hunters, these Priests can track stains of blood and pulsating veins that are otherwise obscured by foliage.

adedb210e29b93dfd2aba0cc03c36ea1.png

Requirements and Restrictions

- Blood Priests must have visited Gazigash

- Blood Priests must state the reason for their sacrifice and live honestly by it; to forsake the oath is to become totally blind

- Blood Priests cannot become Blood Smiths

Curse/Blessing of Ash

A basic ritual, an Orc must burn bones in the name of Gazigash, so that they may be reduced to ash. This ash is then used to place curses upon the homes or trinkets of their enemies, or to enhance crops.

For instance, if the ashes are painted upon a door, they may weaken it over time; this works in much the same way as water when it expands upon freezing. After performing a ritual to the Matron of Blood, the ash may seep into small cracks. This ash can also be blown over plantations to increase the yield and health of the plants, and is often adopted by the few farmers that exist within the Raguk clan.

b363d92e50a1d12e629df1d80f3b35dc.png

Alternatively, Orcs may use blood with the ashen mixture to create a paste. This can be used when planting seeds in order to create Blood Plants; which of themselves offer fruit/vegetables that can be consumed as psychedelics which cause the Orcs to have a Spiritual experience. If this is used when growing ivy, it will create a blood red plant which has a much stronger hold. These plants cannot survive on photosynthesis and must instead be supplied blood in stead of water.

If a Blood Tree is planted, its roots will draw all nutrients from the soil, killing all life within and tainting the land. When the land has run dry, the plant will wither and die. This reddish bark can be used for aesthetic purposes, but provides no particular advantage. The leaves of this tree are often used for decoration when performing rituals, and are said to have medicinal properties.

Requirements and Restrictions

- The Individual must have visited Gazigash

- The land tainted by the Blood Tree has a 6 block radius.

- This does not work on Descendants in any capacity

Edited by Smaw

25 minutes ago, Smaw said:

I think it's important in Orc RP for all to feel a connection to the Spirits in one way or another. While it is logical that Shamans will have direct exposure and a subsequent arsenal of skills and spells, Orcs of all ilk should be able to interact with their most venerated Spirits in more physical ways; think of it like the Magic that allows you to turn small candles on without having an MA, et cetera.

The entire point of a shaman is to be the bridge between the spirits and the mortal plane, often helping guide the members of their community in how they praise. There’s no need to detract from that unless you feel that the shamans are not doing an adequate job, in which case the solution ought to be to fix shamanism rather than to grant more abilities to the general populace.

28 minutes ago, Smaw said:

Blood Priests must, like all feats of the Matron of Blood, be Raguk

Pointlessly trying to aid your favored clan who, may I add, already gets special access to abilities.

30 minutes ago, Smaw said:

that can be consumed as psychedelics which cause the Orcs to have a Spiritual experience.

Further removing the role of the Shaman for some unexplained reason.

Not only is this piece unneeded lore bloat it also shows a pointless bias towards your favorite clan as well as trying to whittle away at the role of the shaman within spirit worshipping communities. -1 

2 minutes ago, _Jandy_ said:

The entire point of a shaman is to be the bridge between the spirits and the mortal plane, often helping guide the members of their community in how they praise. There’s no need to detract from that unless you feel that the shamans are not doing an adequate job, in which case the solution ought to be to fix shamanism rather than to grant more abilities to the general populace.

Pointlessly trying to aid your favored clan who, may I add, already gets special access to abilities.

Further removing the role of the Shaman for some unexplained reason.

Not only is this piece unneeded lore bloat it also shows a pointless bias towards your favorite clan as well as trying to whittle away at the role of the shaman within spirit worshipping communities. -1 

That's all well and good but Shamans are far and few between, and haven't really been doing much.

Do we need a Shaman so that an Orc can improve his crops? Societies all across History have found ways to worship and draw from their Gods; except here it's actually “real” and should be reflected as such.

Shamans are required for the pre-requisites but ordinary players should have their own interactions with Spirits.

Am I not allowed to write for a clan I enjoy and that I've been involved with for years? 

3 minutes ago, Tato said:

So its another thing to empower a specific niche of the orcs? Raguks are the largest, or said to be, and no wonder- they arent the only ‘ordinary orcs’ however.

As well, I think Bloodsight is a v bad meta tool, and more detrimental to RP as a whole than not.

And while I think spirits giving out little candies could be somewhat interesting, this aint the way to do it. The blood plants are nice, however I reckon something like instilling the thirst blood on the eater rather than ‘spiritual experience’ which is rather vague.

I also feel they must should have a shaman assist in such a thing. Take the orc to Gazih in the spirit realm where they can proceed to do the ritual.

Joining a clan is a choice, in all fairness. You could leave Lur and join Raguk and you've got it. I didn't say: "Redskin only”.

Shamans do have to be involved in their initial interaction for it to become a feat.

1 minute ago, Smaw said:

That's all well and good but Shamans are far and few between, and haven't really been doing much.

This is just factually incorrect, I’m not sure how active you’ve been but anybody within Krugmar will tell you differently. 

2 minutes ago, Smaw said:

Am I not allowed to write for a clan I enjoy and that I've been involved with for years? 

Stacking on abilities to a breed for no fair reason so that your favored clan can appear more desirable or superior than others is only going to lead to an arms war where each race tries to power creep their way against each other in an attempt to lure in new memebers. This is certainly not the direction that I think anybody wants to see the Orcs head towards and is why I called you out on this kinda thing. You could have simply left it at being any person devout to Gazi bu you didn’t, you specifically made it oriented to aid Raguk which goes to show that this lore isn’t about helping develop spiritual or farming rp but rather it’s to make the Raguk clan seem more desirable to be a part of. 

6 minutes ago, Smaw said:

Do we need a Shaman so that an Orc can improve his crops?

No, we absolutely do not. There’s also no need to force the spirits into aiding in the process, especially a spirit who has no relationship to farming. 

7 minutes ago, Smaw said:

Societies all across History have found ways to worship and draw from their Gods; except here it's actually “real” and should be reflected as such.

As said previously you’re pointlessly detracting from the role of the shaman. We’re not a rare sight by any stretch of the imagination, perhaps among the Raguks who have split away from the Uzg for.... No reason that I know of but that would be a result of their own choices that can easily be reverted.

9 minutes ago, Smaw said:

Shamans are required for the pre-requisites but ordinary players should have their own interactions with Spirits.

Ordinary players are welcome to participate in their faith to the spirits without a Shaman but only to an extent, to breach into actual interactions is the job of the Shaman and it’s a shame that you feel the need to devalue that because..... Again, you’re entirely failing to illustrate why you think it needs to be changed.

7 minutes ago, _Jandy_ said:

This is just factually incorrect, I’m not sure how active you’ve been but anybody within Krugmar will tell you differently. 

Stacking on abilities to a breed for no fair reason so that your favored clan can appear more desirable or superior than others is only going to lead to an arms war where each race tries to power creep their way against each other in an attempt to lure in new memebers. This is certainly not the direction that I think anybody wants to see the Orcs head towards and is why I called you out on this kinda thing. You could have simply left it at being any person devout to Gazi bu you didn’t, you specifically made it oriented to aid Raguk which goes to show that this lore isn’t about helping develop spiritual or farming rp but rather it’s to make the Raguk clan seem more desirable to be a part of. 

No, we absolutely do not. There’s also no need to force the spirits into aiding in the process, especially a spirit who has no relationship to farming. 

As said previously you’re pointlessly detracting from the role of the shaman. We’re not a rare sight by any stretch of the imagination, perhaps among the Raguks who have split away from the Uzg for.... No reason that I know of but that would be a result of their own choices that can easily be reverted.

Ordinary players are welcome to participate in their faith to the spirits without a Shaman but only to an extent, to breach into actual interactions is the job of the Shaman and it’s a shame that you feel the need to devalue that because..... Again, you’re entirely failing to illustrate why you think it needs to be changed.

I’m only writing for my clan. There's nothing stopping you, or anyone else from doing the same. Clans have physiological differences already, this is only about being a member of a clan.

Have you ever used bonemeal in game? Of course it has relations to farming dude...?

These are ultimately small feats. They still can't go to the Spirit Realm, control nature or heal/curse people, draw upon Ancestral powers et cetera... Shamans still have their place in society.

Edited by Smaw

1 minute ago, Smaw said:

I’m only writing for my clan. There's nothing stopping you, or anyone else from doing the same. Clans have physiological differences already, this is only about being a member of a clan.

8 minutes ago, _Jandy_ said:

Stacking on abilities to a breed for no fair reason so that your favored clan can appear more desirable or superior than others is only going to lead to an arms war where each race tries to power creep their way against each other in an attempt to lure in new members. This is certainly not the direction that I think anybody wants to see the Orcs head towards and is why I called you out on this kinda thing.

2 minutes ago, Smaw said:

Have you ever used bonemeal in game? Of course it has relations to farming dude...?

This is a fairly weak justification, bonemeal is just a fertilizer and at that point I reckon the ball would be in Arwa’s court. 

Spoiler

d881c07dd9eba2b4f8ce2c31024271ad.png

4 minutes ago, Smaw said:

These are ultimately small feats. They still can't go to the Spirit Realm, control nature or heal/curse people, draw upon Ancestral powers et cetera... Shamans still have their place in society.

Though still, for some unexplained reason, you are looking to detract from that role. Why? Is it simply because you do not see other shamans around to help with guiding the practices of worship? I’d imagine that you’re greatly in the minority of Orcs (who are actually attempting to find that guidance) and that such a reasoning would be incredibly weak to base this change off of. If you want to begin to chip away at a Shamans role, to bridge the divide between normal folk and the spirits, then offer some fair reasoning for it. 

1 hour ago, Smaw said:

For instance, Animals and Descendants will be seen as normal, due to being formed of flesh and bone. If a Blood Priest comes across an entity that has foul blood of rotted flesh, this will be considerably more noticeable. These devout Orcs are often seen among the ranks of those who hunt the Undead, as this ability proves particularly useful.

I believe the lore team wont like/accept this piece as with holy magic they removed any type of tracking/detecting ability to find out someone is undead.

Though, take that as you will. All abilities that have done it in the past are now removed.

6 minutes ago, _Jandy_ said:

This is a fairly weak justification, bonemeal is just a fertilizer and at that point I reckon the ball would be in Arwa’s court. 

Hide contents

d881c07dd9eba2b4f8ce2c31024271ad.png

Though still, for some unexplained reason, you are looking to detract from that role. Why? Is it simply because you do not see other shamans around to help with guiding the practices of worship? I’d imagine that you’re greatly in the minority of Orcs (who are actually attempting to find that guidance) and that such a reasoning would be incredibly weak to base this change off of. If you want to begin to chip away at a Shamans role, to bridge the divide between normal folk and the spirits, then offer some fair reasoning for it. 

Bonemeal helps growth, which is what this is essentially doing.

It doesn't exactly detract from the role when Shamans are required to even be able to get it. Don't you think that common Orcs should be able to get involved and see some semblance of actual interaction?

Peasents to Priests do what they can to appease their Gods and to assist their lives. This is in a “real” context and should reflect that.

5 minutes ago, Jenny_Bobbs said:

I believe the lore team wont like/accept this piece as with holy magic they removed any type of tracking/detecting ability to find out someone is undead.

Though, take that as you will. All abilities that have done it in the past are now removed.

Easy enough to remove if need be.

All you do is spam out lore that pulls away from Shamanism and adds to your special clan. That’s all you have ever done. Hedge does something similar but does it for his followers, at least you do it for a clan.

So, in the end, all you ever do is **** up lore and try to make your own clan superior over everyone elses. I can’t wait till @FlamboyantNewEra realizes that you wrote Bloodsteel to be one of the strongest metals on LOTC and whoever wears it is basically like a tank.

@_Jandy_ is right. Stop writing circle jerked lore. 

6 hours ago, L0rdLawyer said:

All you do is spam out lore that pulls away from Shamanism and adds to your special clan. That’s all you have ever done. Hedge does something similar but does it for his followers, at least you do it for a clan.

So, in the end, all you ever do is **** up lore and try to make your own clan superior over everyone elses. I can’t wait till @FlamboyantNewEra realizes that you wrote Bloodsteel to be one of the strongest metals on LOTC and whoever wears it is basically like a tank.

What do you do? Highlight issues that aren't there, apparently.

Calm down mate, a clan by its very concept is “circle jerk” and nothing stops anyone else from writing for their own clans.

6 hours ago, Smaw said:

nothing stops anyone else from writing for their own clans.

Nobody is claiming this, what people are saying is that it’s wrong to keep writing clan exclusive powers into existence so as to further perpetuate an arms race among the clans. Knock it off, you’re not clever.

17 minutes ago, _Jandy_ said:

Nobody is claiming this, what people are saying is that it’s wrong to keep writing clan exclusive powers into existence so as to further perpetuate an arms race among the clans. Knock it off, you’re not clever.

“Boo-boo you're writing things for your clan and I'm not, therefore you shouldn't have anything!” is basically your argument at this point.

That or “I want people to worship my Shaman status therefore no one else can interact with Spirits at all! Adore me! Stand around a campfire while I lay out a sprawl of text!"

Grow up mate.

14 hours ago, L0rdLawyer said:

Don’t see how Bloodsmithing is circle jerking since anyone could easily get it by making a raguk and going on ONE spirit walk.

Btw please don’t tell me you’re gonna be negative about every thing orcs do since you got caught for being a lying snake.