Taxes: 9000,
Trade: 3000,
Manufacturing: 4000 gold,
Vault: 500,
Military Upkeep: -5500.
Total:
 28,500 gold (29,000 gold inc. Vault)

Spending:

-More farms, more bureaucracy, more intrepid farmers travelling hither and tither. (-20,000 gold towards four farm stacks

-A new settlement is constructed on the western shore of the Seljin Straits right next to the ancient bridge--Shatterbridge. (-5000 gold towards settlement)

-The black, Loba tablets are carefully examined by the scholars, and resources are allocated towards the translation (-3000 gold towards translation)

-Pioneers stake their claims on lands bordering the Commonwealth.

-500 gold remains in the vault.
lvsyQ9p.jpg

Stats:

Population: 3,302,532 citizens.

Cities & Investments:
Ruhn (Merchant’s Guild, Temple, Military Academy, school)
Bruger (Merchant’s Guild)
Riveruhn (town)
Shatterbridge (settlement)

Defensive Structures:
Fortress Bergen

Other Investments:
8 Farm stacks (12 next turn).
4 Manufacturies

Edited by Catostrophy

Naros shakes with the aftershocks of a great battle. A victor was found in the Sehmon Empire, though not by much, and in their victory, so did they bleed, and show their mortality to the nations of Naros.

In the far east, the deserts are hungry, and many refugees from tribes and independant villages flock to the nations around them, seeking refuge. (+5000 population for the Eadni)

Thunder and lightning shake the skies in the far west, blinding in their intensity, great waves roil through the Golûn pass for days.

The Kingdom of Five

The new settlements are safe enough, and the Realm of Hakan seems either uncaring or unattentive, as they have been neither seen nor heard of since the last exchange between the two nations. The land here is wide open, and the plains often bitter cold, when winter sets in. But during the summer they fill with tall grass, and offer lush enough fields for the peasants of the Swinedom.

The Republic of Danwent

Roads always benefit a nation, and these are no exception. As these veins of stone stretch throughout the nation, armies travel faster, and less peasants complain about bandits as roads become more heavily frequented and patrolled. A success, no doubt. (+2000 gold this turn)

And what a war it is. (discord)

The Kingdom of Bulgar

More buildings, more gold. And a child.

The Galaharian League

The voyage is long and hard, sailing through lands known only to them by an old source. Yet the ships do make their way around the peninsula, and sail these new waters easily enough. But it their expertise with ships, or their innate boons as humagi, the trip goes well. Soon, the ships find themselves approaching new lands, a delta buzzing with human activity… (Discord with Czar)

Empire of Bourdeleaux

So many farms. Potatoes and rhubarb aplenty shall soon grow thick upon the rough Bourdelean highlands, and strawberries and peaches will grow ripe in the south. A land of plenty indeed.

The Kingdom of Numeria

A fevered dream. A conjuration. (discord)

The Kingdom of Fyr-Darrick

Due to the previous years raiding, as well as the forewarned nature of the Darkyrians, the land surrounding the city is mostly empty. Either the villagers fled, hid in the city or died. As for the soil, most of the crops were harvested and the land was made inhospitable before the siege. As such, the Fey army will have to rely principally upon supplies brought in by Galaharian merchants, who, unlike the fey, do face occasionally attacks, and complications, within the forest.

Quite a few begin to shirk at the idea of going into the forest, as the year goes on, wary of what dangers it may unleash upon them.

Surya

The jungle to the south of the mountain is thicker, deep and stretches on across the flat plains surrounding the mountains far more. But the land is as lush and wild as ever and the people find few wild creatures to trouble their sleep. Idyllic, isn’t it?

The marble, for now, remains inscrutable and volatile, refusing to reveal its secrets in any other form but violent flashes and explosions.

Though one of the explorers to the west is attacked by a viciously large tiger, for the most part they find no real dangers. The lands to the west are similar to Suryan soil, though more temperate, as it seems that the steam that rises from the Boiling Sea is pushed towards them by great winds, and these western parts of Golûn are spared the choking humidity.

The Auldhauan Hierarchy of Melda

The canal is a great endeavor indeed. So much work to be done, with little qualified labor that must not be brought in from the homeland. Yet, progress is made, little by little, more and more of the ancient structure is unveiled, a construction of stone meant to connect to the two seas, a construct far more ambitious than any other that the island living people may have ever seen before. But there is still more to do.

But there is better news from the Twin. The herbalists have finally found a strain that seems to be the perfect painkiller, or at least the best one that they know of. It numbs the senses without killing, unless given in large doses, and helps in many medical scenarios. A great discovery!

The Fortress Libraries

This time, appropriately funded, the explorers do find their way south. They find their way down the river, through the free city of Trident, and into a large lake. Upon one shore, a massive city, Ischyros by name. It seems highly suspicious about them, but allows them in, and as they visit its many bars, they discover that a war is erupting just at its doorstep, and the people are scared. To go further south while war still echoes through the nearby fields is difficult, but they have more than enough supplies to continue after winter.

The True Chapel of Knauledge welcomes the scolars with quite a lot of courtesy. It seems as if they are glad to find such knowledge-oriented people within these lands, and gladly allow them to stay. (discord)

The House of Blackmarrow allows for an embassy, but little more, and is not particularly friendly, even after the gifts.

The Duchy of Ulyadir

Buildings are built, and in dark places, frozen arrows spread their frost...

The Kingdom of Hilmedhi

And finally, the highway is finished. Perhaps a highway only in name, it is nonetheless an open tunnel, with room for carts, that goes along the mountains for miles upon miles upon miles. Truly, an achievement of engineering such as has been rarely seen amongst the young nations of this world.

The settlements fare well enough. The land across the mountains is nothing like the homeland of the Hilmedhi. It is rough, barren, rocky and sprayed with salt and constant rain. An unpleasant place, with thousands of wheeling gulls and storms that sweep over it and splash its coasts with tremendous waves. But land nonetheless, and within the mountains, a secret. The first to find it burned to death. The second was more careful. Tellurun, liquid stonefire. A rare thing indeed. (Rare Mineral Acquired: Tellurun)

The Commonwealth of Ruhn

The tablets reject any attempt at translation. It seems as if the scholars of Ruhn and the free cities simply cannot decipher the script, though one man from Minolek does identify it as Ancient Lobanese, a language that has been lost in time in these regions. But he does recommend that the Ruhnnites try the Xian Kingdom, if they seek to unlock their secrets. He helpfully indicates their location upon a man, after demanding that he be told of some of the findings. (discord)

The settlements find open, peaceful land, with looming mountains to the west. Dark, but not that tall. Something simply seems irregular with them!

Kingdom of Five

SEUOt1KKvLcA7Iv101MLgp3vF3erTIFaRHddkcL631QiaYw9XEd66Cce11z2m4vQHOwLuSpVqIiyp0LYw41Ws0XH2ePJFzP5THEZknGRlVINoTZxZIrCbBtwjqT2eAVycC0pMdhi

Nation Roleplay:

The thuds of wood being struck woke the prince from his nap, caravaneers had been fixing his wagon and begun to hammer away at one of the wheels. Upon hearing their lordship stirring, Dakkar could hear them whispering quickly and soon the wagon fell slightly and began to move again. Stretching his legs, Dakkar peeked out and glared at the few peasants running away in the distance.

A slack of leather caught his attention, the royal guard driving the wagon began to speak. “Sorry your highness, the wagon wheel came off in the mud.” Grumbling to the soldiers right sat a much larger one reading a book occasionally looking around. Clambering out he stood between the two and looked towards the front of the column then the rear, thousands of Fivians on the march to make a new home.

(Sorry Alex, don’t have much to write about this year.)

Population: 6,147,724 Fivians

Gold Expenditure: 56,600 Gold - 5,000 Upkeep + 500  = 48,500 Gold!

(10,000 Gold) 2 mandatory farms to maintain current speed!

(10,000 Gold) Constructing a single merchant guild district in the most recent city, they invite many of the folk there in to learn the tools of trade. (3k + per year!)

(15,000 Gold) Gloriously constructed by the end of the year, the Royal port of Five is completed in the capital allowing an unprecedented growth to both trade, food, and exploration. (2000+ From trade I guess!?)

(10,000 Gold) The Kingdom grows more this year as well, 2 more settlements are sent southward with a retinue of men to help their travels.

1c4e7757f7f28d65e60c201fbb2ddfe0.png

(7,100 Gold saved.)

Edited by Devland99

The Commonwealth of Ruhn

Papers rustle, quills fly, and bureaucrats rush this way and that, shifting piles of parchment into cabinets and others on to desks of sleepy-eyed civil servants. The generally gray structure was polka-dotted with muddy footprints from would-be pioneers looking for relocation documents and official approval for their land claims.

One short, balding employee of the Bruger Office of Pioneering and Relocation, Klaus, angrily sat down at his desk and pulled out his ink bottles with a grumble--of course they were dry. Why wouldn’t they be? It was not enough that his wife burned his morning eggs, or that he spilled his tea on his white breeches while he complained about the eggs. Or that a passing cart splattered mud and horse-droppings on his fleshly-polished boots! That just was not enough! The cursed ink had to be dry as well! He flagged down a passing paper-pusher to fetch him a fresh portion, but he swore that two purposely ignored him before the third begrudgingly brought another bottle.

This could not, and would not, stand. The universe, his ancestors, and perhaps even He-That-Waits Himself had practically conspired against him to have the worst morning possible.

Balance had to be restored, thus someone’s day was about to be ruined.

At the head of the long, winding lines that twisted out the front doors, a young man with a dirty face and a floppy, leather hat ran a hand through his greasy hair. His mouth moved as he read and re-read through a thick wad of parchment. All official documents were produced by the ugly, metal printing-presses back in Ruhn, which gave the authoritarian sticklers at the Home Office of Pioneering and Relocation license to bloat the entire process. Everything important about the candidates had to be known, and any documents filled out incorrectly would send an aspiring colonist back to the beginning of the whole tedious act. Tyrannical, stupid, and frustrating, Klaus assumed it would be fixed eventually. But for now, he could revel in controlling the fate of country yokels—much like the Lord of the Hereafter Himself. It was one of the few things that brought him joy during his job.

This one looked weak, and frightened. A trickle of perspiration slowly dribbled down his forehead as he rang his bell. He lived for this feeling of power—his heart was pounding in his chest and he suppressed a sneer. “Next.” He called.

The farmer looked up from his papers and around himself in confusion, but Klaus looked back down at his desk and pretended to scribble on his parchment. If he didn’t make eye-contact, the farmer would question whether he heard anything, and stand there in an embarrassing social limbo neither knowing to step forward or stay in line. He would not call again until the citizens waiting behind got annoyed.

Sure enough, other occupants of the line starting looking up and glaring at the farmer, who shrank at their scrutiny and stepped forward with a amusingly stupid look on his face. Klaus let the moment drag on a little longer, before looking up from his desk, and summoned deep within himself the most mildly irritated voice he could muster. Next! He snapped slightly.

The farmer, both embarrassed but slightly reassured quickly walked over to Klaus’ desk and sat down. Klaus proceeded to silently scribble on his parchment, and refused to acknowledge him. His favorite part was about to start.

After a few awkward moments of sitting and expectantly staring, the farmer finally summoned up the courage to speak.

“Er...” He stammered.

Please place your documentation on the desk for inspection, sirrah,” Klaus quickly interrupted. Please be sure that your documents are placed in their correct order for efficient appraisal.” Klaus watched from the corner of his eye as the farmer nervously shuffled his papers, looking desperately for a number or indicator of placement. While technically there was an order they were supposed to be presented in, clerks rarely enforced it. That is, except for Klaus when he was in an unpleasant mood. The method of organizing the order was needlessly arcane--just how he liked it. Sadly it was being phased out, but Klaus would enforce it as long as it was in place.

“Um, I’m sorry, Milord, but I don’t read too fast, an’ I can’t find no numbers on these here papers.”

Oh, perfect. This was going to be good.

“It’s very straight-forward, sirrah.” Klaus began. “Your relocation documents should be the last in your stack as they are always appraised last. That is unless they are yellow region-specific relocation form in which you will require a supplementary document with it signed by the Lord or governor that administers said region. If you are a part of the land-lottery program then you use the standard white form.”

Klaus slowly inhaled, and leveled his voice so it became a monotonous drone. “On the top of your pile should be your government issued Birth-and-Identification certificate that you received from the records office either after your birth or issued to you when the program was begun. Beneath that document should be our administrative copy that you have filled out and prepared for our filing system. Beneath the copy, but not on top of the yellow or standard relocation form, will be your Proof of Experience in your Field slip, colour-coded depending on your occupation. It should be filled out with the names of six witnesses of your skills and with stamped approval by your local magistrate.”

The farmer looked a little worried, but still had a smidgen of confidence left in his eyes. “Lastly, you must have your Appropriation form. That will come after your Birth-and-Identification certificate and copy, as well as your Proof of Experience in your Field slip. Unless you’re presenting a green farming slip, then it comes before said slip. If it’s a red manufacturing slip then it must come after your relocation form.”

“Er, but didn’t you say the ree-low-kay-shun paper always go last, milord?” The farmer stammered.

“Unless you have the signed region-specific supplementary document.” Klaus answered, purposely without saying ‘yes’ or ‘no.’

The farmer nodded and furrowed his brow as he shuffled his papers. Klaus stared at him and held out his hand, prompting the farmer to move faster and make mistakes to avoid the awkward silence and wait. He shamefully handed the documents to Klaus, who melodramatically shook his head and shuffled the documents around. Honestly, they still weren’t in the right order, but he liked to see them squirm when they thought they had sorted them properly.

Clearing his throat Klaus dipped his quill in his ink and took out a fresh piece of parchment. “I must now double-check your identity, sirrah. Just a trifle to ensure you are who you say. Your name?”

“Yerevan Breckt, milord.”

“Occupation?”

“Barley farmer, milord.”

“Reason for relocation?”

“Me Pa’s giving the farm to me sister’s husband. I won’t got no land after he passes, milord.”

Klaus quickly read through the documents, double-checking every detail. Everything seemed to be in order so far, but he just needed a single slip up...

“Region you wish to be sent to?”

The farmer, Yerevan, went silent for a moment, and stuttered. “I’m not going to no specific region, milord, I’m in that lot-tree.”

“The lottery. Yes. Very good.”

Damn. Sometimes they would mention only where they’d hypothetically like to go and he could send them away due to not having the correct relocation document, but this farmer actually managed to read everything properly. He thumbed past his identification and its copy, and read through the Appropriation form.  

“You’re applying for two-hundred acres of farmland from the state, including materials and workmen to construct fences, and a small class-two dwelling, correct?”

“Aye, milord. I’m looking for a spinster or widow I can marry once I get down there. ‘Til then, I’m on me own, so I don’t need much space.”

“And a barn, too?”

“Nay, milord. I’ll build that one meself. I didn’t like the ones they’s offerin’.”

Double-damn. He could send him away to re-apply for that. Denying the farmer on the basis of incompetence might be possible (due to him refusing a free barn in lieu of making it himself) but it would be difficult to argue.

“As you wish.” Klaus reached over for his stamps, somewhat morosely, and proceeded to smack them down on the various papers and signing his name in the required spaces. Bleakly, he read the final paper, and his heart leapt.

“Sirrah,” Klaus began with an almost patronizing tone. “Is this an ‘x’ you have used as your signature?”

“Er, aye, milord. I can’t write good.”

“Well,” Klaus said, barely containing his cruel joy, “These are no longer accepted as official markings by the Office of Pioneering and Relocation. I’m afraid,” Klaus paused, inhaling deeply with a deep satisfaction, “I’m going to have to deny you today.”

“B-b-but there’s still space on paper, milord. I could jus-“

“The document may only be signed by a single individual, otherwise it is invalid.”

“But I’m the same man, milord! I could just scribble round something as me mark-“

“No, I’m afraid that will not do. You must retrieve another document and do it again.”

“But I-“

“Have a good day. Next.”

“Ho-“

“Next, please!”

The farmer grasped his documents, stood up, and trudged miserably past the next poor soul walking towards Klaus’ desk. The clerk however could practically feel the universe balancing out and many of the day’s tribulations melting away from his thoughts.

Just one or two more like that, and he’d be in a cheery mood until lunch.

Accounts:

Base Gold: 9,000 gold,
Town: 3000 gold,
Merchants guilds: 6,000 gold,
Population: 9000 gold,
Trade: 3000 gold,
Manufacturers: 4000 gold,
1000 gold in vault.

Upkeep: -5,500 gold,
Total: 28,500 Gold. (29,500 including vault)

-Yet more pioneers bow and scrape their way past bad-tempered and sadistic clerks and receive the proper authorization to settle along the new claims in the forests to the west and across the Seljin Straits. (-10,000 gold towards two farm stacks)

-The town of Riverruhn, now overpopulated due to the constant stream of pioneers and colonists, is slated for an infrastructure upgrade. (-15,000 gold towards upgrading town to city)

-At the advice of the Free Cities, a small group of learned men travel to the nearest of said free cities (that actually doesn’t mind Ruhnnites) and book passage to the far off and mysterious Xian Kingdom. They Take with them etchings and rubbings of the black tablets. (
-1000 gold)

-The spooky mountains to the east seem to beg for a foolhardy adventurer to explore them! (-1000 gold towards exploring the looming irregular mountains!)

-1500 gold is tossed into the vault. (total of 2500 gold)

Stats:

Population: 3,467,659.

Cities & Investments:
Ruhn (Merchant’s Guild, Temple, Military Academy, school)
Bruger (Merchant’s Guild)
Riveruhn (city) (Next turn)
Shatterbridge (settlement)

Defensive Structures:
Fortress Bergen

Other Investments:
12 Farm stacks (14 next turn).
4 Manufacturies

Edited by Catostrophy

Eighth Post

Kingdom of Bulgar

Q5Pc-3dMdcM8BmPAUxjtal0lnpx5PQUsB5Q3ebOEZxAHfNW_rMAweT9o_d5ibrfL6NKpErvrQJuhjDblsOSBp_AEfRBMqxmMex8Fbp0RukBVY6XqdYOVOdtoGjy9RUYMf8GbmQwM

A port is built in the capital to allow greater travel up and down the Barrier. Several small merchant boats are slowly built by adventurous merchants to attempt to drive their own income higher. The borderland settlement of Steppton becomes a town as farmlands are established in the area allowing a population boost to occur while securing the land that was settled and guarded. In replacement of the town is a new settlement called Guwanti, located closer to the Chapel of Knauledge. Settlements seem to be focused eastward as 3 out of the 4 trade partners the kingdom has are in the east. Guwanti is established with 500 men-at-arms doing patrol routes to secure the new border.

HAgetSIDXGun3Moh9grIMGfq2NWLTUlldU6g5oisDwrTOXKIx2KOGTTpGIQJJ-R_4DNW7tZUe640ExsEINymlhSNdCEXuRLLyvy19dUxHK8B_t_kKpY5qElg6DB4rOYWRfoSJ6wA

Several new smithies pop up in the country as armors have seen an increase of their wares being purchased outside of the kingdom. Merchants of trader nations and of no nations arrive to the lands of the Lithborn asking for arms and armor for distant realms, no effort is established though to search for these third party buyers. Local temples are paid to produce copies of works, driving a renewed market to read these expensive items as several kingdoms are paying thousands in far away places to have them.

NxllnUErowBRTFVkR8XXBxnPR85Gm8kgy4f0q71sVXozk-lLSvjn8TczsoTItvp_i0kNkuRma_3OQV9y8PZFJp09d3e7rLALREdZjgd7Fj_DzsY2RSB_EHOVE6tI0p2JCa_0boeG

A delegation is sent to the Chapel of Knauledge to see what the history and religion is of their people.

Before Turn

Population: 6,327,357 (7%)

Cash: 61000

GP: 5k Eco + 3k cap + 3k city + 6k town + 18k pop + 12k merch + 4k trade + 2.5k The Last Rage + 3k manufactory + 4k Trade Deals - 1k mili = 59.5k p/t
Military: 2500 light Cav, 500 Light Archers, 1500 M.Inf T2, 500 M.Inf T1
Building: 4 merchants guild, temple, place of worship, manufactories (3), Farmland (26), Market T2

Previous Research: Properties of The Last Rage

After Turn

Population: 6,770,272 (7%)

Cash: 1000

GP: 5k Eco + 3k cap + 3k city + 9k town + 19.5k pop + 12k merch + 4k trade + 2.5k The Last Rage + 7k manufactory + 4k Trade Deals + 2k Port - 1k mili = 70k p/t
Military: 2500 light Cav, 500 Light Archers, 1500 M.Inf T2, 500 M.Inf T1
Building: 4 merchants guild, temple, place of worship, manufactories (7), Farmland (28), Market T2, Port

Previous Research: Properties of The Last Rage

Steppton becomes a town

Port (15k)

Settlement Guwanti is founded (5k)

Farmland (10k)

Factory (4) (30k)

27d1dc437d1a9dafed378fc3e121a1ae.jpg

Galaharian League

Population; 5,361,922

Yet again the joyous bells of marriage chime throughout Batista’s Landing. A troop of Bourdelaic Knights escorted their Princess to the League’s Capital. The entire way there they had been celebrated. Starting in the Leagues eastern city of Throatavilla, where the three Green Throat nations all mingled. Then through the land passage. It was eery being so close to the Green Throat, a feral land. Several times wolves were found. One Knight straying too far found the remnants of a village, completely overgrown. The corpses however only seemed a few days old.

The travels became far more luxurious as the party reached the heartlands. On the peninsula of Galahar, the Coast was a splendid affair. Villages littered the realm, and small roads and ferries were the lifeblood of it. The Knights and Princess saw many summer fairs, tourneys, and bustling marketplaces. Finally they reached Batista’s Landing, and House Barbaro’s personal estates. But Duke Barbaro was not ruling.

Reaver Admiral Ormanno Sforza stood at the gates with an honor guard. Ruling in the Duke’s name, he and Giovinco’s wife had been busy building up the Realm. But today was a personal vacation for Sforza. The details were already ironed out, all that was left was to enjoy. As the Bordeleux retinue approached, the Princess’s beauty was apparent. Dismounting, the two embrace for the first time, and head into the city and the planned festival.

A-Boyar-Wedding-Feast-Konstantin-Makovsk

Over eight different nations and their ships were at the ports of Batista’s Landing. A commoner celebration was taking place on the beaches and Docks. Meanwhile Sforza and his newly wed were celebrating with the Lords and Guildsmen in the inner city. Sforza was for once mostly sober, and keeping a tight reign on his men. This quaint wedding would not be ruined by the Pirate’s sons famed decadent and rogue behavior. And thus the Courtesan Duke and Reaver Admiral are tamed by fair maidens.

As the celebrations die down after a month, business and distressed Guild petitions as always call the decadent court of Barbaro back. Duke Giovinco had left behind strict financial instructions, and left it solely in the hands of his Queen. Sforza would never steal. But he had a tendency to.... spend. Instead House Barbaro would keep a tight grip on the treasury. As a affirmation of the new marriage pact, the League grants the Empire twenty thousand coinage in a loan to assist their new endeavors. It is the first of what will one day be a global Barbaro Bank.

Sforza for his part was impressed by the Bourdlaic Knights. Galaharian troops were typically mercenary bands decently armed and supplied. But with the Duke and his Adventurers gone, the responsibility was Sforza’s. and his Revari kin. They begin to form a new military band, for specifically defense of the realm. The League’s humagi had a [trait; Natural Affinity with home territory and creatures] love for their homes. They would defend it too the last. While the Duke and his band explore the world, Sforza and his own will hold the League’s many colonies and core lands.

bfc36a4fd19bea9fafa63af1317ea4a5.jpg

However as the new army builds, Sforza is busy with the old as well. He, a settlement fleet, military ships, cogs, and troops will work in tandem with the Hilmedhi. This year the League will colonize the tip of the Eastern pennisula. In tandem with the Hilmedhi, this ensures the two realms control of Revar’s Gulf.

Financial Actions

Income; 62k Gold

Building Settlement on PoC -5k

Recruiting 1 Unit of Medium Cav -6k

Recruiting 1 Unit of Light Cav -3k

Recruiting 3 Units of (T3) Medium Inf -12k

Building 4 Caravels -16k

Loan to Bourdeleux -20k

Other Actions

After a year of diplomatic meetings, and exchanging knowledge, the Duke sails for home. He leaves a small contingent in Danwent’s Capital to stock up and make ready for further voyage east.

Sending Envoys to learn more of the Realm of Passans. 

Edited by GrimBeard

or_NYoq3r6xlbSZT3Lyteam2JobRoYuJI1_xHM7HSPs4RdCt1Dc2fUEsco-8cmQqmjzJ4gCYgUEpqXDhz_4LmNIYgKpYYyVPFc2E12KN3Y--zYN3L_NrglBGsj_zq7T1oBzfU2nk

EMPIRE OF BOURDELEAUX

Ruler: H.I.M. Emperor Adrian II

Government: Imperial Constitutional Monarchy

Population: ~ 5,921,394

Allies: N/A

Trade Partners: Galaharian League, Kingdom of Fyr-Darrick, Kingdom of Helmedhi,

_f6L_LcU_0W4FUZNtR4fwwUagEiRKAh5FJ62eTUwSugD__gVTHX8OtKThw3YsJJ67QLXQTYHPhvhMoG6z2vDLf3a3JcsQy8TA873b6TBR2hJ9eBfetdFXFRSVzjPXVL3CYUpte02

The outskirts of the Bourdelic war camp at noon; c. 1507

“Pray that my daughter be in good health and that she and her escort safely traversed the Barrier to Galahar. God watch over her and let her suffer not injustice. Pray that she finds a loving and dutiful husband and bear him many sons…”

“Sir Chilfroy, show me to the camp chaplain’s, would you?” Adrian addressed the knight, though fidgeting with the clasp that secured his cloak. The Emperor always made sure he appeared somewhat presentable.

“My liege, right away.”  the man tapped his heels together, bending in a curt bow. On a rhythmic pivot, he turned and pulled apart the canvas that shielded the inside of the Emperor’s tents from the elements.

The Emperor nodded in return, stepping outside and facing the world once more. Two sentries guarded the Emperor’s quarters, their expressions emotionless though attentive, arms wrapped around their halberds which jutted out to the skies with steel gleaming in the Sun’s light. The light blinded the Emperor temporarily, shielding his eyes with his gauntleted hand. “Another day where the Sun beats down upon our flesh,” the Emperor smiled, the knight now accompanying him, “A good day.”

“As always, Your Majesty.” the knight responded, beginning his way through the camp. “Truly, we are favored.” The knight was well-built, especially in the shoulders. Upon the tabard draped over his chestplate, he donned a peculiar set of arms, what seemed to be gules, a rooster or. Certainly this befit him the title of C*ck Knight. To the knightley circles such a title was amusing, though perhaps not to his foes, as Chilfroy had become quite adept with the greatsword.

As always, prior to campaign, the camp bustled with activity. As the boots of the two men treaded down paths of dirt and mud, men on either side awaited eagerly the order to sally out. Men who told tales around fires or those drilling with their regimental officers rose and snapped to attention at the Emperor’s approach. Others dropped to a knee in respect. Either/or was accepted as proper. As they fell out of his eyesight, returning to their duties. One group trained in various sword fighting stances, transitioning from holding guards low, mid, and high, before eventually repeating this tedious process. The officer barked commands, meanwhile the men shouted in unison.

The black armor in which they were clad seemed almost unearthly, eerie to a point. While there was a psychological aspect, there was also a spiritual design to the armor. The sole Sun on the black field represented the bastion of light, the Sun and the people of Bourdeleaux, those upholding the Great Sun’s divine mandate. The Sun was emblazoned upon the breastplate of every man, serving as a constant reminder to all of their duty.

The Cult of the Great Sun, otherwise known as the Solar Church, preaches that the people of Bourdeleaux, are the elect - the chosen. Thus, it is their responsibility to bring salvation and civilization to the surrounding heathenous and barbaric nations. For selfish reasons or righteous ones, every single man enlisted within the ranks of Black Army, ready to shed blood in the name of God, Emperor, and Country. Though, of course, if peaceful assimilation was possible, it was prefered.

MsZhmRFEWzIw2mcKzWcvFn1orHycZKrEOhkaTTu0mxxR8_8j79GtCeDKSTxVZX1NOtaXLwxGeHm381UyktrbI0OoPprufdfcwl_tGr5DFxzIKwmpz-XcmBeN1aGQejEqNk2GKcef

Soldiers of the 1st Rideaux Independent Light Infantry Battalion, C Company, undergoing variable terrain training in the eastern mountains of Bourdeleaux

The brave C*ck Knight stopped, gesturing towards a tent on his right, “Your Majesty, the chaplain’s.” Beside him, pitched, was an immaculate white and gold embroidered tent anchored into five points. Inscribed were several phrases and incantations of the Old Tongue, followed by the usual solar regalia. It was temporary, though a large structured. Inside the tent could be heard, the soft murmurs of many a soldiers making their peace with God, or receiving blessings from the clergy.

“Thank you, good Sir Chilfroy. I’ll be just a moment.” the Emperor expressed his gratitude, entering the sacred tent, serving as the house of God upon the field. The Emperor couldn’t help but think he’d been there before, but hadn’t. The room was dimly lit, save for small candles scattered throughout the room. The sharp smell of incense filled his nostrils, as he released a sigh of tranquility. No other place in the tent held such a gravity. In a group huddled near an altar was a small group of men, no more than ten. Their heads lowered, they uttered soft prayers. At the moment, a lone chaplain attended to their spiritual needs, offering counsel to each who sought it.

The chaplain turned to source of the penetrating light from outdoors. As he realized the Emperor, he bowed graciously low, the flat of one rested upon his abdomen, with the other just above the nape of his back. He was clad in red, orange, and golden robes, with an over-sized and heavy solar medallion wrapped around his neck. “Your Imperial Majesty.” he said, maintaining his L-shaped stance and eyes locked upon the ground in which he stood.

9c73i64XXYqri1komPMBBoK8mOatwqaMQGz0nVXcFM2yaTzSBptVJqeaSAU6b9nYDRdjDerYCfYKuU-M-FWc1BqcD7iMC0wyioSH6oE9PnZYIYvnYqlR4jf0G96dLVF-mGJQWbiX

A depiction of Saint Magritte in prayer at a secluded altar, chaplain’s tent, c. 1507

“Chaplain, you may rise.” the Emperor smiled at the courteous gesture, curiously glancing from one corner of the tent to another.

Only then did the clergyman rise, stretching his back in the process, “Your Imperial Majesty, I have that from what you seek, the blessed Oriflamme of Saint-Villard.” The chaplain motioned an arm past his person, sleeves upon his robes draped low. Sprawled out behind him atop a silk-covered table, lay a red and golden pennon, emblazoned with the sunburst.

The Emperor approached, running his hand across the surface of what seemed to be nothing but a mere flag. Velvet. Under his breath the Emperor whispered, “The Oriflamme of Saint-Villard.”

“Yes.” the chaplain replied, “As once Saint Villard rode forth, so will we. And we too shall enjoy the victory in battle. Rally the men to the sacred banner, and their resolve may hold yet. Renewed vigor and courage they shall find, and the Sun’s flame burning within their hearts.”

So it was true. the Emperor thought to himself. He expected stiff resistance from the Carrow Lords, and knew such a miracle may be needed to bring about their conquest. He had heard tales of the sacred banner, but had never thought to gaze upon it in person. He’d thought it locked away at the sacred abbey at Rennes. However, truly it must be and righteous a cause to disturb its resting place. At last, all doubt in his mind subsided and trepidation erased. There would be war.

ACTIONS

Income: 47,500g (Base - 3k, 6 Economy Pts - 6k, Pop - 16.5k, Resources - 3k, Merchant Guilds - 9k, Trade - 4k, Cities/Towns - 6k)

Upkeep: 4,000g (Army), 3,000g (Veterancy) = 7,000g.

20,000g loan from Galaharian League

500 from Treasury

Available: 61,000g

[2,000g] Upgrading 1 Unit of Light Cavalry to T3.

[20,000g] Recruiting 2 Units of  T4 Phoenix Guard

[11,000g] Recruitment of 1 Unit of Veteran T4 Medium Cavalry

[2,000g] Upgrading 1 Unit of Crossbowmen to T3

[8,000g] Recruitment of 1 Unit of T4 Heavy Infantry

KpQWtvxD2B1QhKVUlt6Ewp8w-XH9Q3STLVqkJTqNqaeMjQI4QiKGvru0ImjMUDd9EqdvAJwOKoW5Ale66b1V9QjYSPSzI9FhmelJ8k1JzhfOKqBvM90nszSkVzaWFnkqohWC6l6j

[5,000g] Bourdelaic settlers are drawn to the riverlands in the southeast of the country. A fully fledged settlement begins construction between the dual rivers, named Suttre-upon-the-Twins.

[10,000g] As, the Black Army is lacking in magic wielders, the Emperor calls for the recruitment of sorcerers and magic-wielders into their ranks. The time will come where the Sun’s gifts are harnessed for the greater good. Construction of T1 Temple.

[Non-expenditure] An envoy is sent to the Passans, requesting trade between the two peoples.

THE KINGDOM OF NUMERIA

The Royal Era of Aemer, A.E 408 (Year 1508)

o0NTYgZLTcQ4pftyeaqnsEVp1lTFfw-W7_9i5KOXWwSPLixb040CIza9fzTIr5EgqtjWjcZq1f1e2AZyXJic0c1gK3Cm7v3CY19v7MRfSaoMHXMboOnc5gXvWw-OX45USZsjir29

The dead and dying after the Battle for Ischyroi. A Numerian defeat.

As reports from the front continued to file into the Capital, the mood of the King gradually soured - having lost half of his fighting force, he now had to deal with the repercussions of such a failure. His hatred was channeled into that of Sehmon, the ones responsible for decimating his soldiery - in his blind rage, he vowed publicly in a courtly session that the Kingdom of Sehmon would fall beneath the feet of Numerian Regiments. Rousing the emotions of many, his nobility opt to continue the war - the people of Numeria were affirmed that they would not simply roll over for any Sehmonian demands.

The decimation of the Numerian Army had stunned the Central Command of the Royal Regiments, such a devastating loss had never occured in recent history. It was agreed upon that many things were needing reforms, from the compositions of the armies, to the skill level of an individual within a unit. The Infantry Base out near Arris would see a significant boost in Royal Funding, the entire region would quickly be supplemented with civilian industry to aid continue to fuel the war effort - as such, the Margravedom of Arris is formed by decree of His Majesty, Aemyr V.

The army that had taken the loss is now on the retreat - it was a somber ordeal, entire Regiments were lost during the course of the battle, leaving the survivors unwilling to partake in further battles. They had expected their first obstacle to be overcome easily, but were instead given the shocking truth of how gruesome combat is. It was an army on the brink of fracturing, but due to some tactful thinking, officers from throughout the army managed to reign in the survivors during the Parley at the Fortress prior to their departure - re-organized, they withdrew quickly without informing their allies.

ROYAL ACTIONS

Available Imperial Denarii (Gold): 41,500

Having learned a fair beating from the Sehmonian, further army reformations are underway, utilizing their newfound knowledge on the basis of modern warfare. Mimicking Sehmonian standard, Numerian Strategists shift their attentions onto the effect of heavy shock infantry, pooling together their ideas and requesting for funds to establish the first training Regiments of Heavy Infantry. [Researching Heavy Infantry | 15000/15000]

Given the severe loss of life on the Numerian side of the battle, additional Regiments are raised and called to the front. [5 units (2500) of Medium Infantry recruited | 10000/10000]

In order to attempt a counter against the Sehmonian Cavalry presence, Numeria invests heavily into the foundation of several Regiments of Cavalry. Riders of predominantly noble and wealthy standing are inducted, forming the first units of Medium Cavalry. They are equipped with fine steel from Mineria, at the Roots of the World. [2 units (1000) of Medium Cavalry, T3 | 16000/16000]

Due to the increased traffic occurring through the region of Arris, the Royal Council does see it fit to prop up the settlement into the ranks of fully-fledged towns, worthy of establishing its own local council that will be capable to dealing with the needs of those existing within its borders. [Upgrading Arris from Settlement to Town | Non-expenditure, +3000g income]

Stockpiling remaining 500 gold.

KINGDOM OF NUMERIA STATS MENU

Leader: Aemyr V of House Namyr

Capital: Royal City of Lyria [Merchant Guild, Shrine, x1 Manufactory, Temple]

Cities: Nyria [Merchant Guild]

Tyria [Merchant Guild, Temple]

Tyniria [Merchant Guild]

Towns: Arris

Settlements:

Mineria

Fortress: Helmden

Current Projects:

Researching Osmalt (Rare Mineral)

Developing Mountain Highway near Mineria

Retreating from Ischyroi

Population: 5,534,429 Total

500,000~ in Lyria

300,000~ in Tyria

200,000~ in Nyria

3,500,000~ in rural regions

Military:

Army

3 (1500) units of Medium Infantry (Numerian Serjeants) [+2500 next turn]

4 (2000) units in T3 Steel Equipment

6 (3000) units of Light Infantry (Numerian Swordsmen/Spearmen)

4 (2000) units of Light Archers (Woodland Guards)

2 (1000) unit of Light Cavalry (Numerian Rangers)

Total Infantry Count: 9,500

Magia

10 Adepts, 1 Magi

Navy

N/A

Economy:

Base Income: 3000g

Economic Points: 5000g

Town: 6000g

Population: 16,500g

Trade: 1000g (Republic of Danwent)

Merchants Guilds: 12000g (Lyria, Tyria, Nyria, Tyniria)

Manufactorie(s): 1000g (Lyria)

Treasury: 2000

Upkeep:

Infantry: 3000

Fortress: 2000

-----------------------

Total: 41,500

The Fortress Libraries

VK1pbNl.png

The embassies of the Librarians are constructed and swiftly staffed in the cities of Blackmarrow, Ulyadar and Knauledge. They are as microcosms of a Fortress Library proper, enclaves of scholars and diplomats whose missions are myriad. The diplomats maintain continued dialogue with the local rulership, assuring them of the benign intentions of the visiting scholars and smoothing over any “misunderstandings” with over-eager researchers, as well as regulating and promoting the commercial relationship between the host state and the Librarian territories. Most of the scholarly work involves investigations of the local culture, creating dossiers on local politics, observations of local culture, and compendia of local myths and legends. Perhaps some locals would view the robed, pale strangers with suspicion, but those who wished for a basic education would be accepted within their walls to be enlightened. But a fraction of the embassies are open to outsiders however, and the watchful eyes of Librarian security guards are sure to fuel conspiracies amongst primitive minds.

Back at home, the Bastion continues its expansions within and without, the once sombre halls buzzing with activity as resources and personnel flow to and fro from building projects and the northern colony of Fort Vane. Maria Vane herself continues to oversee the project, splitting her time between the administration of the effort to cultivate the Bog Silk worms and excavate the beginnings of a new fortress library in the adjacent mountain. The Silk farming hits a major stumbling block as the Librarians fail to properly harvest the worms’ silk or find an efficient way of making a useable product from it. Researchers at Fort Vane begin experimentation with various industrial processes and silk fabric designs, while at the Bastion archivists delve into the Great Corpus for anything mentioning the uses of worm silk or its manufacturing. Keen to see the profit from the endeavour, the High-Magus authorises the use of magics to aid in the research effort before he sets off on a several month long trip to the Chapel of Knauledge. It results in a rather strange sight – three hooded adepts hunched and chanting over a box of rather unimpressed bog worms for several weeks.

Further afield, the emissaries heading southward prepare for another season of exploration now that winter has passed and the fighting near Ischyros has apparently died down. Before the expedition departs the city, they make sure to extend an offer of trade between the Librarians and the Ischyroi to the rulers there. Adequately provisioned and on alert for any war-related skirmishing and brigandry in their way, the emissaries continue south.

Deep in the labyrinthine audience chambers, offices and sub-archives of the Bastion rests the noble quarters of the esteemed Council of Geneology. Within its central chamber lies an auditorium in which well over a hundred elders from the scholarly, military and civilian branches of the Fortress Libraries meet to decide the very stuff of life. They are, in spirit and in truth, the grandmothers and grandfathers of the nation, experts in psychology, sociology, population statistics, medicine and family history. Quite simply, this firm but fair senate of Librarian elders decides the future of the entire nation.

Love has never been discouraged by the Librarians. It is merely seen as a concept entirely capable of being separated from the concept of reproducing. Centuries in a confined, closed environment necessitated strict control on numbers. Initially, the Bastion could only support a spare few thousand, mandating abstinence or even celibacy, with harsh penalties for those who produced a child that could not be supported by the collective’s resources – especially in the long centuries before the discovery of the cavern system that permitted less limited agriculture. Equally dangerous would be too low a population, for many hands and minds were required for the maintenance of the Great Corpus. For this reason, when mandated by higher authorities, having children was compulsory for some. A whole other dimension was added to the issue 450 years ago, when it became apparent that so limited a pool of bloodlines was having disastrous effects on the children produced – stunted spawns and slobbering imbeciles as weak in mind as they were in chin. It was slowly clear that reproduction was a matter best left to committee. Careful management of the Library’s human stock and bloodlines was necessary for the health of the community, like a gardener tending to a fine tree (they imagined, for trees were somewhat mythical to them). Regardless of personal entanglement, if a Librarian was mandated to mate with another, it was a matter of duty, a sacred and not altogether unpleasant act that was necessary to maintain the Great Purpose. This sounds quite clinical and inhumane to an outside perspective, but Librarians do not love their children any less than others. A baby is raised by its mother, duties permitting, but has an extended family spanning thousands. Children of necessity are loved as much as children born from lust. This was understood by most all in their society, even after the strictest controls were relaxed after the rejuvenating infusion of fresh stock by the “reluctant converts” of the Raids of Bloodline Diversification. Indeed, in preparation for Great Emergence there was great laxity on the part of the Geneologists, for many bodies and souls would be needed once the doors to the outside opened. And here we find ourselves today. Many children are indeed born outside of geneological scrutiny, but the system is far from obsolete. The best and brightest are bred like a Symonian noble would breed race horses, lineages cultivated in the hope of maximum result. The Libraries are of course a meritocracy, but it never hurts to hedge bets with a little selective breeding.

And so the track of debate came to the Great Emergence, and the vast geneological potential of this new world. Finally, the issues of inbreeding could be put comfortably to bed, with such a wealth of new stock. With the “damage control” element of the Geneological Council on the back-burner, their attention now turned to “innovation”. “Cultivation” of successful future citizens from good home stock would continue, of course, but the possibilities of exotic new human and humagi breeds out in the world was intriguing. And so, orders were put in place – well, more like friendly recommendations from a pushy parent – that those amongst the new peoples of the world shouldn’t be afraid to, ahem, “miscegenate”. In short, female Librarians based in the newly established embassies are told that it would not be the worst thing in the world if they were to become pregnant while on diplomatic or scholarly assignment. These things will likely happen anyway, as a somewhat over-eager, menopausal member of the committee giddily notes that “These foreign men are SO dreamy!”, to the disapproval of the more serious members. Best to rubber-stamp such things NOW, and get ahead of the issue. This plan is approved by the Triumvirate heading the nation as a whole, fitting into a wider plan for the Libraries’ integration into the new world. Intermarriage has always been a strong part of political alliances – as it was in the old empire, so it is with the new states. Should a Librarian find themselves a member of a foreign ruling family, why that could only be profitable for both sides of the equation! Perhaps a step too far for now. Best that such “experiments in compatibility” are kept quiet. Instead, the Geneological Council sees that each embassy has private areas assigned for months of seclusion away from foreign eyes, should nature take its course...

gJ4mb7W.png

Points and Basic Stats:

Population: 1,655,004 Humans

Cities: The Bastion, Fort Vane

Buildings: Merchant Guild, Temple, Shrine, School, Trading Company, Manufactory x 2, Farmland x 2 (+1%), Bog Silk Market

Economy: 6

Education: 7

Size: 2

Military: 2

Mysticism: 4

Trade Partners: Blackmarrow, Knauledge, Ulyadar, Bulgar

Army:

500 Librarian Knights (50 men per unit)

1000 Medium Infantry

1000 Light Infantry

3 Adepts

Economy:

Saved: 3000

Base: 3000

Econ Points: 6000

Pop: 4500

Trade: 4000

Merchant Guild: 3000

Manufactories: 2000

---

Total Funds: 25,500

Actions:

• Librarian Knight unit dispatched to thoroughly scout and survey the land between the Libraries and the lands of Knauledge. They are provided additional resources to ensure success. [1000G]
  • The explorers at Ischyros continue southward after wintering in the city-state, heeding concerns about the war in these lands and trying to avoid the conflict.
  • Ischyros is approached with a trade agreement.
  • The Kingdom of Bulgar is approached with an offer for a permanent embassy. This would be, like all others, a mixed diplomatic and scholarly enclave of several hundred Librarians.
  • Research into the refinement and applications of Bog Silk. Experiments are conducted with gathered samples at Fort Vane, and the Great Corpus is consulted at the Bastion for any mention of Bog Silk and its uses in the imperial scholarship. [5500G] (SCHOOL bonus + Education 7)
  • Librarian adepts attempt to use CLAIRVOYANCE to aid in the research of Bog Silk.
  • Farmland x 3 [15000G]

4000G saved.

The Kingdom of Fyr-Darrick

fmwDg2O_S2VjtD2FpCmiSJy3sDT98c4GdtOxEp0gFtanPHTSnDVix1pJejCUW-rgPPxhNbJPIo9Ak5vTJFxxCI4-glII4UmzIGGGJFtW7AXCJRhR1E4-D2nEmA8JxImVSQ6FSmcg

Nation Stats

Leaders

King Eonir the Great Stag

High Priestess Dycha

Prince Aeleandor the Warden

Population

Income

Base: 7,000

Towns/Cities: 3,000

Population: 9,500

Trade: 4,000

Manufactories: 3,000

Merchant Guilds: 6,000

Port: 2,000

Upkeep: -8,400

Total: 26,100

Treasury

Start: 26,100

End: 4,600

Trade Partners

Galaharian League

Empire of Bordeleaux

Kingdom of Hilmedhi

Kingdom of Bulgar

Cities, settlements and Fortresses

Talsyn (Capital), Population of City and Surrounding Area: 1,725,000

Anmyr (City) Population of City and Surrounding Area: 892,000

The Midnight Anvil (Fortress) Garrison: 1000 Medium Infantry, 500 Light Archers

Modryn (Town) Population of Settlement and Surrounding Area: 640,000

Buildings

Place of Worship

Temple

Farms x2

Merchant Guilds x2

Manufactory x3

Military

5,000 Greenthroat Riders

8,000 Medium Infantry

2,500 Light Infantry

3,250 Light Archers

250 Veteran Light Archers

Detailed Military List

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1grgCqnxr1FzkeS9S5YSXjYJZ3CeDbDvHp2pcC5QxLWo/edit?usp=sharing

Activity

The Besieging Army had spent the last couple of years fortifying itself and making ready for the coming assaults in the year. The army was larger now and the War Camp was more something of a wooden fort now to house the vast army, the swelling of the ranks likely did nothing to give fear to those who seemingly worshipped death, but it lowered their advantage day by day. While the City may have started the siege with supplies, it had been over a year since they received them and there had been no harvests in two years. Death worshippers they may be but all require food, as the shambling corpses could only be raised for so long.

In the Kingdom the Council of Princes had approved yet another expansion of borders, seeking to go further West and eventually over the course of many years grow to cover the entirety of the Green Throat as was demanded by their God. The Forests were solely the home of the Fey and all invaders would eventually be pushed out one way or the other. Even if it takes a thousand years it is the destiny of the Fey. However such was the future, now was the time to merely consolidate territory, expanding West. This no doubt would assist in the transportation of supplies long term.

Meanwhile in the Siege Camp....

Within the War Camp inside of the tent reserved for those important, the officers, nobles and even Princes that attached themselves to this army. A young Prince had arrived with the thousands of reinforcements that came in that year, Anaeran was his name and he marched among the regular Fey Spears to the War Camp that year at the behest of his Princely house to join the Kings war effort. His mind was full of wonder seeing this land that had been ravaged by the war, that which was the Greenthroat but raped by the humans. His perspective and ideals challenged seeing what foreigners could do to such a land.

He would find himself alone in the War Councils tent, patrols of five or so spearmen would walk past periodically as he’d twiddle a figurine representing one of the armies on the war table betwixt his fingers. His mind drifted and he found himself losing track of his surroundings as he’d think, eventually only being thrown out of it after he noticed the figure standing before him, Eonir the Great Stag. Anaeran would rise to attention “My King!” he’d say almost exclaiming, with a slight stammer as he had been caught in surprise, the figurine falling from his fingers onto the floor below.

“At ease Prince, your father sent you here to the warfront as it is expected he will resign his seat on the Council soon. You’ll be given command over a brigade of Cavalry, it will be part of your job to ensure the Darkyrians don’t surprise us with an army.” The King would state, moving to sit at the head of the table as the younger Fey would relax his stance, letting out a relieving sigh “Most on the Council are over a century old, we need to see how you do. After this war there may be more for you to do yet.” the King would finish, before allowing Anaeran to say a word he’d gesture his exit the young Fey Prince having to do so.

Anaeran would exit the tent and begin traversing the expansive and quite literally expanding War Camp as new arrivals would even now continue to arrive within the palisades set up to keep the Army safe from ambushes. He’d ponder on the sudden responsibility not only his father wished on him but also the King himself, questioning why now was the time he was chosen for any Military assignments, then there was talk of more. It was a lot for his mind to comprehend until at last he reached his tent. He would rest up as it would seem he’d be in the saddle for potentially the next few years in this Godforsaken part of the Greenthroat.

Expenditure

16,000 would be spent on building four trading caravels.

500 is spent placating Galaharian Merchants to keep the supplies going.

5,000 is spent on a new settlement, heading further West. https://i.gyazo.com/5c4d189eb03514e0cd8108d40c7dfdab.png

Republic of Danwent – 1508

One battle and already peace on the horizon. Whilst the Republic did not win, neither did their declared enemy. Given the circumstances however Aywentos who led the battle and parley afterwards had to pay quite the price. Political bankruptcy, for the sacrifice of the young men of Danwent. For bringing back not much but a reparation demand. And for allowing to be manipulated into bringing this to the Senate, as well as manipulating the other senators to vote yes. Aywentos Traditionalist League shattered in these few months, leaving Aywentos and only two other senators as the remains of it. No longer with the majority in the Senate, he was forced to more or less relinquish control to the Commoner’s League, led by Dionius Liber, who maintained their bond with the Prosperous Path, the two of them now with a good majority.

Still willing of pursuing peace and grudgingly accepting that there needs to be a payment for such a frivolous act of diplomacy from the Republic, Dionius Liber invites the Sehmon King to Tzaria to visit, to tour the capital, meet the people he might call friends in the future. And also take the 10,000 Duwats with him as a farewell present once his visit is concluded. Such groveling is despised by the Stalwart Guard, but as they also voted for the war, their opinion was mostly ignored, although surprisingly, they only lost one meek senator, as the rest remained strong behind Thoryus Armon.

Nation Info:

Government:

Republic, ruled by 50 senators (lifetime positions).

Traditionalist League: 3 Senators

Commoner’s League: 17 Senators

Prosperous Path Party: 15 Senators

Stalwart Guard: 10 Senators

Unaffiliated: 5 Senators

People of note:

Aywentos Rumaari (Senator of the Traditionalist League), aged 32

Dionius Liber (Senator of the Commoner’s League), aged 34

Theodos Abemani (Senator of the Prosperous Path Party), aged 32

Thoryus Armon (Senator of the Stalwart Guard), aged 35

Population: 5,953,165 this year. (4,500,000 Starter)

Growth: 3% + 2,25% (farms) + 0,25% Moranese Wheat

12 farmsteads.

Cities:

Tzaria (900,000 inhabitants) (Capital) – Market, Trade Port, Manufactory, School, Temple, Place of Whorship, Merchant Guild, Trading Company

Essevith (800,000 inhabitants) (Starter) – Merchant Guild

Ruhia (600,000 inhabitants) (Starter) – Merchant Guild

Towns:

Susvii (500,000 inhabitants)

Wessevith (500,000 inhabitants)

Settlements:

Koryii

Raedia

National Budget:

Treasury: 0 Duwats.

Income: 51,000 Duwats

Base Income: +3,000 Duwats

Economic Points: +4,000 Duwats

Merchant Guilds in Tzaria, Essevith & Ruhia (3): +9,000 Duwats

Trade Partners: (Sehmon Remnants, Kingdom of Numeria, The Eye, Carrow Lords, Eadni) +5,000 Duwats

Trade node of Susvii: +1,000 Duwats

Population Taxation: +16,500 Duwats

Trade Port of Tzaria: +2,000 Duwats (5 trade partners)

Town of Susvii: +3,000 Duwats

Town of Wessevith: +3,000 Duwats

Moranese Wheat: +1,500 Duwats

Manufactory in Tzaria: +1,000 Duwats

Road tolls: +2,000 Duwats (this turn)

Expenditure: 8,000 Duwats

Armed Forces:  -4,000 Duwats

Total of 13,300 men. Equals -4,000 gold for land maintenance.

14 companies of Bronze Legion (T2 Unique Regular Medium Infantry) at 6,400 men of 7,000 men

12 companies of T1 Regular Light Archers at 5,400 men of 6,000 men

3 companies of T2 Regular Medium Archers at 1,500 men

Naval Forces: -2,000 Duwats

4 galleys at 250 men each

Fortifications:

1 Keep in Ruhia (No upkeep)

1 Keep in Essevith (No upkeep)

1 Fortress in Tzaria (-2,000 Duwats)

Available currency: 43,000 Duwats

National Resources:

1 unit of Moranese Wheat for trade (Market in Tzaria)

Republican Actions:

Six new stretches of farmland are secured, both North at Koryii and West and Raedia, in order to allow for local supply of crops and livestock for the growing population. (-30,000 Duwats)

Ten thousand Duwats are set aside to wait for the Sehmon King to come visit. And to leave with them again as he pleases. (-10,000 Duwats)

More investments are made for the infrastructure. This time, toll stations are built at the main routes to have merchants that peddle certain wares in higher amounts pay a small fee for using the road network in the Republic. Naturally the Prosperous Path promoted this idea. (-3,000 Duwats)

D U C H Y   O F U L Y A D AR

Related image

Related image

Adaptation of Hukux and her raven leading her men into battle, from the Ulyadar Archives.

In the hall of the Duke there was a great commotion. A long anticipated expedition into the icey expanses of the two glaciers right on the border of the Dukedoms territory had produced curious results. Everyone had heard the tale, of the entire company being wiped out, except for one who died in a long tumble, and was recovered with a icey-blue arrowhead protruding out of his mid chest. All the lords, merchants, and men of high status were present in the cozy wooden room, including a pair of two librarians who remained silently in the corner, observing the ordeal and taking notes on a set of parchment papers.

Eventually, a set of wooden double-doors engraved with calligraphic runes opened from the beginning of the hall, and collectively the attention of all the individuals present focused to the procession of the Duke through the hall, sporting a blood-stained polar bear pelt, the rear paws dragging on the stone floor several feet behind the Duke. Pelts, in the Duchy, were not only articles of clothing but they were often times symbols. They represented the thoughts and the sentiments of the wearer, so at the site of such a display there was immediate clammer in the hall in the form of a wave of hushed murmers and remarks. A blood stained polar bear pelt meant that the wearer was preparing for battle.

In the cavalcade across the hall, accompanying the Duke was the palace guard, the prince, several recognizable scholars of the land and the Queen. The ones of royal blood took their seats on their respective thrones, whilst the others filed into reserved seats in the front of the hall, separated but near the landed aristocracy.

Before the court can even commence, a sacrifice must be made to Tykir. It is usually a small mammal, but there is a different animal for different purposes of a session of court. An aged Duke could tell what the entire court would be on simply by what animal was slaughtered at the beginning. At the opening of a side door and the revealing of a small jittery Wolverine, many of the swords in the room grew anxious. A Wolverine was a sacrifice to the 2nd Champion of Tykir, Krek the Blade, the Angel of Battle. This, coupled with the pelts of the Duke correlated a bloody response to the encounter in the glacier against the unknown.

After the ceremonial slaughter of the wolverine on a altar made out of a glossy black stone said to be thousand-year-old rock from the peak of Mt. Arfast, a group of Knights approached the Throne and kneeled. The lead knight, bearing a red flag across his shoulder, held something wrapped in a hide. “Rise, Knight, and show me the meaning of all of this,” commanded Arvid. The Knight flipped over a flap of the hide, revealing a collection of 4 arrows, clearly transparent but with a blue tinge to it. The shaft is expertly crafted, and perfectly polished with no apparent blemishes or dents. The end of the arrow had four sets of black feathers evenly spaced out around the shaft, originating from a common bird found throughout the region. Most of the feathers were stained with blood from their target, and some were even missing.. Graciously emanating from the entire arrow itself is a calm stream of a steam-like gas, the arrow apparently constantly sublimating as a testament to its frozen nature. The Duke looks over his shoulder to a robed man standing on his right, asking “Is it what we thought it was?” The man would do nothing but nod twice. Arvid would rise, and abruptly, to the surprise of most of the women in the hall, drew his families sword from his sheath, plunging it into the oak below his feet and subsequently captivating the attention of every single person in attendance. “Firstly, immediately, the Lords of Odelia, and Rypapa will raise their levies. We will need 500 bows and swords, well supplied and furnished for a long voyage into the ice plains. Secondly,as many of you correctly assumed, these arrows are the product of the lost Tribe of Hukux, who apparently survived the banishment into the ice plains after being defeated in the Battle of the Boiling Peaks by the shaman-warriors of the Raksa Clan, whom were one of the three tribes who created the Ulya. The daughters and sons of the God-damned cowards who fled the defeated army of the champion slayer, Hukux the *****, shall serve only one purpose: to feed the fires of the Blood Forge.” The declaration would be met by agreement from the congregation in the form of yells from the soldiers of the land, applause from the yeomen, and blank faces from the silent librarians , though their quills would furiously start to twitch when they saw the grayed Duke clutch his armoured stomach through his layer of chain and pelts….

NATION INFO

toYBOmwsibas_hG7AdLibWdtrz_9xoz7VZdtgSWEii1zgUlqVvbQ933y_-W8zBA_F1qz5MNj4FfmUkYcSYVa6jqhf_32i_HnZ0vr_Thz_IfLaNLK6JpH4u1Ix1fZ2wvOWNvczq6u

Big Star: Capitol(Ulya), Small star :City(Yakur), Small circle(South east): City of Tykirfell, Small circle (North): Settlement of Rypapa, Circle East: Settlement of Odeilia

POPULATION: 3132302+5%= 3288917

ARMY:

ARMY UPKEEP: K GOLD

NAVY:3 GALLEY 3 COGS

UPKEEP FOR NAVY:2K GOLD

GOLD:3K(BASE)+9K(POP)+5K(TRADE)+6K(MERCHANT GUILD)+2k(PORT)+ 4K(ECON POINTS)+3k(MANUFACTORY)+3K(TOWN BONUS)=35K GOLD

GOLD FOR THIS TURN:33K

BUILDINGS

FARMS:9

MERCHANT COMPANY:2

TEMPLE:1

MANUFACTORY:3

PORT:1

TRADING COMPANY:1

SETTLEMENTS:2

TOWNS:0

CITIES:3

KEY CHARACTERS

DUKE ARVID, DUKE OF ULYADAR

PRINCE BRUCE OF ULYADAR

TANCRED, ORACLE OF THE BLOOD FORGE

ACTIONS

-The Royal Fishermen Guild is created in Tykirfell with Royal patronage, signifying the creation of the cities only Merchant Guild, following in line with the other 2 major cities in the Duchy.(10k)

-Two new manufactories are built as a result of the bustling expansion of Tykirfell.(15k)

-More work is done on expanding the Temple to the blood god.(11.5K/18K towards a Church)

The Counts and Lords of the land have all agreed to raise a levy of one unit of Medium Infantry and one unit of Medium Archers for an expedition into the glaciers to combat the lost tribes of Hukux hiding in the icey wastelands.(-4500 gold, One unit of Medium Infantry and one unit of Medium Archers)

Edited by Alfonso X el Sabio

Kingdom of Hilmedhi 

It’s all quiet within Hilmedhi, trade ships are the only thing to leave the ports of Hilmedhi. While work continues inside like a non-stop machine. 

Population: 2,700,000 

Treasury: 29,000 (28,000 Net Revenue)

Upkeep: 1,000

Actions: 

Construction of a Shrine, as the people have strayed to far from their faith in recent years. (18,000 Gold) (10k Left) 

Construction of a mine over the newly founded resources in the western mountains (7,500) (2,500 Gold Left) 

Putting the remaining gold in the vault (2,500 Gold next turn) 

Surya

f37LCkVvRco8WfaFwpoTX4q4N2wNZxYl8JteVA6GjnWTpKAvycJO7HlJUOMRqbK0xbHKqxorx9wZT9fQh6t25me9ddquMS4O3w1ycTAjFoZQq0TVOHVYrsn7sIZLwPzUmtVFmWTr

I got nothing, maybe next week! Just imagine a fine piece of RP here, describing the Suryans as what they are: the greatest people on the planet. I feel only pity for those not born in my island paradise.

---------

Economy

Expenditure (65,500 Gold + 6,000 Saved)

Routine agriculture expansion. [2 farms; 10,000 gold]

The Suryan people demand living space, and they forever push the frontier. It is their manifest destiny to control all of Pratyush and Chandra, and so a new settlement arises in the newly-explored territory. [Settlement; 5,000 gold]

GRzSU9RWfdmnn17DY2RAVjpY3g2J6H6fj0IHBmOSc1Dvicu7fjX-p6XcfKWsMKzmQbrMFNmfuUbPt4ETV3UNfEI6VLQKaDMxfTYuFDg6mmvAMaJdKJZJ0FpM2PP4LPezhm-LlWgX

The riches of half a continent flow through Surya’s gates, and on the capital island a thriving economy blossoms. The sacred city is quickly becoming the center of a wealthy and expansive realm. [7 Factories; 52,500 gold]

The governments in the heartlands continue to fund food and supplies for the explorers now living on the slopes of Mount Metar. They are very interested in harvesting the strange stone found there. [Red marble research; 1,000 gold]

The government in Seringapatna finally decides it’s time to gather intelligence across the straits. The 3rd Chittori lancers are dispatched to Aros, to land in the last known location of the Red Sun pirates. During their expedition, they will attempt to find out what became of them, and map the area while they’re at it. [Exploration; 1,000 gold]

WvdeIMb2zwb3lpkhogV5s78vkGtiJooUVWve8nCcEzOgc7uaVw--ppWTrKP3m7QaKUy8nQsabhYfODbSfA2lvrZUJr7AeTxeH_TSImopbbkK33O4Vr176fEK4D7D-kwxRTLrSH1v

[2,000 gold saved]

----------

48rJIVu0tmxZ47QM6bj2kJervzUPuf49_FMSNuTu9kqPbdoMpHG_766cKEcgsYw2rBhbK5oRXmhjX_O0pHkOYgV4Jq_X5hBRowJZRh43We7H2PdpF_Z_HCVQ_w1L88A0YNL-AUMq

Population 6,731,108