From Ruination [FRP]

Praetor

DUCHY OF ULYADAR

Related image

YE4VHHNhz1MXY58fP4_YWa92Wf_nO4leIzkGn5-z_GIdtoQfBn7hHNHUdQLDo8gP2bgruIUcoZJ_TeIsTFrnDqPtK9u4Q4ZQGJKjDTYhd6edUZ3yyz5iKxaNWsGQptVFk0a3nPAM

“She is so beautiful, Alrik.” comments Knut, leaning on crenel at the battlements of one of the towers of the Crimson Kreep. Alrik was next to him, encased in a red robe similar to that of Eirik.  Alrik, was a boy similar to Knut. A couple years younger, but they were childhood friends since birth. They were of the same build, and thought alike. Alrik was a lot chubbier than Knut though, by a wide margin, and his cheeks were always rosy red, contrasted to his messy black bowl cut. “You’ve looked long enough, it's my turn!” whines Alrik, tugging lightly on the pelts of Knut. He snaps back, his gaze leaving the beauty. “Hold on, Alrik. You’re not the one with a chance to marry her.” The young boys vision returns to that of Calypso, the talk of the Duchy for months. It took a month and much hassle to extract her from her home nation, and transport her to these frozen wastes, but by the Gods all the rumors whispered about her were absolutely true. The Rose of the South, the Ulyadi called her. But words fell short to describe her elegance. Her golden locks of hair, falling down to her back in an untamed, but civilized fashion, reflected even the coldest winter rays, catching the eyes of even a pair of boys staring from a courtyard away. Her face angular and symmetrical, but still a tinge of gentleness, and softness in the way her skin bent when she smiled. Oh her smile, even poets- quick, she’s looking back! Knut’s trance promptly ends, and his back quickly makes haste towards the wall of the battlements, meeting it with a rush of adrenaline. Did she notice i was staring? thought Knut. Does she know it was me? “What wrong, Knut?” asked Alrik, looking on with a perplexed expression. “She looked back! She noticed! Im so stupid!” He cries, sliding down the battlements and laying down on the coarse stone floor of the tower. “Well thanks bastard, now i can't look at her!” Knut lifted his head up in response, shooting him a furious glare. Alrik quickly realized his error. “Sorry Knut, I didn't mean it, really! It just… came out.” Knut let his head drop back to the ground, releasing a sigh in vexation. Hed mask his annoyance by entombing his frustration into the palms of his hand. Luckily, Alrik was a good friend, one of Knuts only friends. He knew his friend better than most, and knew exactly how to remedy annoyance, a common affliction to Knut when the two are together. “I'll... go look from one of the arrow slits.” he'd quietly mutter, crawling over to the ladder, expertly avoiding detection, leaving Knut to himself.  Immediately when he hears the last step of Alrik leave the immediate vicinity he snaps up, and crawls over to a different crenel, sticking out only half his face, one eye. He continues to spy on the princess, analyzing her guise. What was she constantly smiling at?. He couldn't really make it out, but now with the rabble of Alrik out of the equation, he could hear the sounds of wood on wood, and the charming giggles of the princess. He adjusted himself, switching from crenel to crenel, merlon to merlon, recklessly attempting to get a better view. Three crenels down, he could finally see the display that was seemingly winning the heart of the exotic beauty. It was Bjorn. 

Damn him! Thought Knut. Bjorn was engaging in a stupid showcase of strength, with Calypso in the audience. Seeing Bjorn woo the heart of the princess by ‘expertly’ banging at a snow packed sack on a stick filled him with ire. And seeing the princesses peaceful pleasure made the pot boil over. Why should Bjorn get everything, thought Knut, his thoughts once again going down a rabbit hole. Seeing him succeed, effortlessly, filled him with desire. A desire fueled by greed. For the hand of the princess, and the power of the blood armor. Bjorn didn't appreciate these things! Perhaps he did not want to be Duke yet, but these two things he did want. Badly.

The princess once more, looked in the direction of the tower, but she did not see anything, for Knut was hidden well, and the distance was too far to make out half a pale face, masked within the groves of the gray stone of the tower. But, it was time to leave nonetheless. Lessons with the great warrior Skegg were in an hour, and Knut had to prepare for the daily palate of welts and bruises handed by Bjorn, Eirik, and Skegg alike. 

As Knut retraced the steps of his friend Alrik, descending the tower rung by rung, he eventually met his anxious compatriot, patiently awaiting Knut’s exit out of the ladder. “Knut! Did you see! Bjorn was-” he begins, interjected by the exasperated tone of Knuts voice. “Yes, Alrik, I know.” he pauses, sighing.” Every single day, he does something else to anger me, God how i would like to stick an axe so far in his skull!” Hed continue walking through the plain gray halls, towards an opening at the end of the corridor,  wringing his hands at the conclusion of the statement.”If this whole charade wasnt rigged from the very start, I would actually try at sending his ‘strong’ body to the depths of Mt. Arfast.” Knut would say, sarcastically emphasizing the word ‘strong’ in his sentence. Alrik would nod slowly, though he replies with a rather confused stare. He had remained rather quiet the entire time, simply listening to Knut’s rants “What does ‘charade’ mean?” he finally asks, much to the irritation of Knut. “You know, you really ought to read more, the shamans don't have books at the forge?” Alrik quickly responds, their rattling conversation filling the solemn gray hall. The pair are now roughly halfway to the end of the hall, snow can be seen through two double wooden doors. “Not really, no. Only old manuals or scripts. Nothing i can read, afterall.” “Do you still remember what i taught you?” questions Knut, casting a quizzed face towards Alrik. “Well, I hope so...” heavily retorts Alrik, and the two walk in a somewhat awkward silence, before Knut stamps it out. “You have reminded me of something, what has Eirik been like? How has he been holding up? What's he doing?” Alrik runs his hand along the stone wall of the fortress, answering Knuts questions in full. “You haven't heard? Knuts become an adept! He's performed his first sacrifice! The Oracle of the Forge was there.” “Is that it?” replies Knut, unsatisfied. “Tell me more.” pressures Knut, his blue eyes glued on Alrik. “I… don't see him much, him and Tancred are quiet fellows, you know that. All i know is he's been growing stronger, and he has a lot of friends at the demesne.” counters Alrik apprehensively, buckling under Knuts relentless coercion. “Everyone here is getting stronger except for me, and everyone seems to care except for me.” He says with a sigh, approaching a wooden door and propping it open, stepping through the threshold. Alrik would follow, but Knut quickly turns and bars him passage, using his boney pale arm to halt his advance. “I have to prepare for class, Alrik. Find me after, if i live through this session.” “Alright..” begins the apprentice, watching the door closed shut as his body quickly responds, banging on the door thrice, much to the aggravation of Knut, who opens the door and pops his head through a crack. “What is it?” snaps Knut. “I was wondering if i could maybe have one of your books to read, you have a lot, i just want something eas-” quivers Alrik, shyly. “Im reading mine, go to the Ducal library, there many more there.” Knut promptly states, beginning to shut the door, but jutting his head out once more. “‘The Skies’, by Kori Haklangson, is a good one.” And then the door closes, and the sound of a metal lock resonates through the hall, leaving Alrik to his chunky lonesome.  

Not for long however, as from the courtyard zips in Bjorn, storming through the halls briskly. “Move, chick.” he'd say, condescently, shoving him out of the way any towards the wall, proudly holding an opened scroll in his arm. He walks past Alrik, barely acknowledging his presence, save for one announcement. “Tell bones that he doesn't have to die, Bruce has named me heir!” Immediately, a latch of a door clicks open, and a pale lanky hand pulls in Alrik from the cold passageway, and the sound of the latch resonates once more, and once again, silence.

NATION INFO

CITIES:

Ulya(Capitol)(Starter) 

Alost (Port)(Starter)

Yakur(Port)

Tykirfell

Odeilia

Rypapa

Elirkuta

Grimsar

Halsar

Skalanes

Kjolr 

Krossa

Hofsland

Folafotr

TOWNS:

Bitra

SETTLEMENTS:

POPULATION:9667045 x 7%= 10343738

ARMY:

(2000)4 units of T3 Medium cavalry

(1000) 2 Units of T3 Crowssbowmen

(2000) 4 Units of T2 Light Infantry

(500)2 Units of T3 Polar Bear Cavalry

(1000) 2 Units of T2 Light Archers

(1500) 3 Units of T3 Light Cavalry

ARMY UPKEEP: 2K GOLD

NAVY:

UPKEEP FOR NAVY:0K GOLD UPKEEP

GOLD:3K(BASE)+30K(POP)+44k(TRADE)+42K(MERCHANT GUILD)+ 4K(ECON POINTS)+7k(MANUFACTORY)+36K(CITY)+3K(TOWN)=169K GOLD

GOLD FOR THIS TURN:166.750K

TRADING PARTNERS: Chapel of True Knauledge, Fortress Libraries, Kingdom of Bulgar Trident, Volaruci Princedoms, The Antigonid Dynasty, Kingdom of Icefeld, The Nascent Kingdom

BUILDINGS

FARMS:38

MERCHANT COMPANY:13

CATHEDRAL:1

CHURCH:1

SHRINE:1

MANUFACTORY:7

PORT:8

TRADING COMPANY:4

SETTLEMENTS:0

TOWNS:

CITIES:6

SHRINE:1

HERMITAGE:1

BARRACKS:32

MONASTARY:1

TOTAL MAGI:3

TOTAL ADEPT:36

KEY CHARACTERS

DUKE BRUCE OF ULYADAR

TANCRED, ORACLE OF THE BLOOD FORGE

LUDIN, ORACLE OF ASSIRBANAKH

DUKE ARVID, DUKE OF ULYADAR(DECEASED)

ACTIONS

-As with every year, fish farms are constructed, and some of the brighter Ulyadis begin to even grow crops around lava scars in the earth! Truly a bright race!(35k,7 Farms.)

-As per the wishes of the young Bjorn, Thormund sends out ravens and begins to summon the levys once more. (15 Units of T3 Medium Infantry, -60k)

-The Town of Bitra is given a city charter, and after the due celebrations, is declared a city!(-15k)

-The Shamans, lead by Tancred, have informed the Dukedom of an imminent threat, a seemingly big one, hailing from the north. There is good news, however, they can predict when this catastrophe will strike. To do this, they will have to investigate and research a device that will allow them to peer into the skies, and find these elusive planets. Luckily, their friends the Antigonids are pursuing a similar goal! Ulyadi and Antigonid engineers begin working on a contraption to do this, high up on a mountain peak, safely tucked away from the hindrances of cages, glacier zombies, or volcanos.(30k,+ 10k from Supreme. 2 Education, Supreme has 7)

-The Shamans seem to be very busy this year! Eirik, having become an adept, as taken the charge alongside Tancred to continue researching to make the red metal. The best blacksmiths are contracted, most notably being Jomar Boesson, who helped discover the blood runes long ago! The Shamans try a variety of different ideas, including attempting to make a metal out of pure blood, heated by the fires of the forge. The attempt to make a metal out of the very lava of the forge, and even wrought an alloy made of a mixture of the two. The Shamans are now dedicated to rediscovering the ‘forge’ part of the Blood forge.(16750 Gold this turn towards red metal, total 20,750 Gold. 2 education )

-The Antigonid Princess, makes her way to Ulyadar, immediately making waves about her beauty!

--Tall stone walls on Yakur, Low stone walls on TykirFell.

Edited by Alfonso X el Sabio

Commonwealth of Ruhn

Optional, Completely Inappropriate Music

oEJiJVd.jpg

The broken manacles stung Wolden’s ankles as he trudged through another decrepit village. His stomach twisted painfully from hunger, but thankfully he could no longer feel the dryness of his tongue. Still, there was not a day that went by he did not pray for rain. Even through his suffering he kept his faith. There were no lack of shrines along the Vulture Highway, but most seemed poorly kempt. Perhaps they were dedicated to Ruhn’s enemies from back in the day? It was unlikely that shrine-tenders would come out this far on a regular basis.

There were certainly enough bones around for the shrines. Sometimes he would see whole skeletons left as they were in their eternal repose—rusty weapon in hand, and covered in the remnants of strange armour. So little was written about the Vulture War that the whole raiment appeared alien to him. He couldn’t even tell if it was Ruhn or Bruger that the man had fought for. Was the old enemy of Ruhn even called Bruger at the time?  Only the structures built from loose stone or carved into the mountainsides were still recognizable.

Wolden had taken an oath of Pilgrimage and Service to His Temple. Men and women who took this oath would walk the length of the Vulture Highway in penance for their sins in life. They did this with little food, no shoes, the barest protection from the elements; all while being watched over by ruthless guards and Speakers. Heavy beatings were rewarded for the smallest infractions, and those who could no longer walk were killed, or left behind. Those who attacked guards, blasphemed, or showed any sort of impious behaviour were killed on the spot—no trial, no mercy. Those who ran, like Wolden himself, were simply... ignored.

After all, where was there to go?

He had begun the trip with such pious vigour. He and all the other prisoners desperate for atonement marched for weeks down the barely paved road. They passed through a dozen villages, and their occupants glared at them like rotten fish. In the city of Bruger the citizens jeered at them. But on the final stretch of the journey, things went from bad to worse. He had seen many fellow convicts collapse from exhaustion, and Wolden hadn’t the strength to pick them up. If they didn’t stand up when ordered, the guards would slash their throats, and toss them down the side of the mountain. It was the harsh reality of the venture. If you lacked faith and wouldn’t continue your pilgrimage, then your bones would rot in a lifeless ditch—untended, dishonoured, and forgotten. Could a man watch over his descendants in such a state? Would the ancestors allow him to join them? Would He even embrace them? What was there if not the Duty? He never asked Speaker Vichas of this. He wasn’t able to keep walking, and his weakness tempted him. A guard had heard him blaspheme when he tripped on a rock. Hearing the guard’s blade slide from its sheath was enough for him to run as fast as he could, away from the group. They didn’t even bother to chase him. That was three days ago. Now all was left was the long walk back... but to what?

The further south one traveled in the Smuggler’s Peaks the more desolate they became. The temperature and rainfall was the same as the rest of the mountains, but nothing seemed to grow along the farthest stretch of the highway. It was a wonder to the young fugitive how towns had existed here at all. What did they eat all the way out here?

An icy breeze cut through Wolden’s rags, and he instinctively moved towards a shattered structure for shelter. The crumbling walls offered a modicum of protection and it was better than standing out in the freezing wind. He had expected it to be hotter this close to the Loba Desert. Though, it was often rumored that the desert was a thing of magic, so maybe it didn’t follow the same rules? Heathen magic, born of sin.

All these questions gave him a headache, and made him angry. No, pathetic. It made him feel pathetic. Not that he needed much help on that front. Feeling pathetic was the realm of the weak-willed. Perhaps he should soldier on, regardless of the wind? After all, sitting among the shattered stone wasn’t helping all that much. Apathy was tantamount to sin.

Wolden pulled himself up and trudged out from the rubble. The road stretched onward like a wretched, cragged snake. He could feel his knees shake, and his stomach stung as if stretched across his ribs. He felt himself fall to his knees. At this point, he was barely retaining consciousness. Why bother going on? Dying here was just as reasonable as dying another mile down the endless track. But apathy was tantamount to sin. Why bother? Because apathy was tantamount to sin.

A gurgling cry pierced through the whistling wind, and Wolden weakly looked upward. A fluttering of feathers heralded the arrival of a large, hunched bird that skittered to a landing five feet away from him. The vulture examined him, bobbing its head up and down and skulked across the path.

v1e7aaF.jpg

The two regarded one-another for a time, before the scavenger lost interest and waddled towards a large clump of rubble. For a moment, Wolden listened to the wind. No bird calls, no animals grazing on the hillsides, no people—what was this vulture doing out here? They feed on the weak and dying. But he was weak and dying. Then there must be something else to eat. Wolden mustered his strength, and lurched forward after the bird.

He clambered over the piles of rubble, and was welcomed by the sound of ripping flesh and quiet, satisfied squawks. The vulture ripped a chunk of flesh from what was once a rabbit, and observed Wolden’s approach curiously. The sight of the rabbit’s carcass drove Wolden’s stomach to twist painfully again. The righteous must eat. He slowly reached for a large rock as the bird glared at him. With a fluttering of feathers and an indignant screech, the vulture took off and swooped past Wolden into the sky, leaving its feast on the rubble. Wolden scrabbled towards the rabbit with the last of his energy, and dug his teeth into its severed side. He tore at it like a wild animal, tearing at its skin and swallowing bloody, bitter lumps of lean flesh. His stomach protested, but accepted the vile food. The righteous must survive.

The hair on the back of Wolden’s neck stood on end, and he turned his bloody face towards a trio of dirty shrines. Before them sat an older looking man, with a long, greying beard, and dressed in the fading robes of a shrine-tender. The holy man stared blankly at Wolden with one hand on a wooden cudgel hanging on his belt.

“It’d probably go down easier were it cooked, lad.” He spoke in a raspy voice.

Wolden answered by falling unconscious.

Misc. Effects:
Colonial Bureaucracy: 400,000 pop required for towns.
Tablet of Zakhet: 5% off of all construction prices.
Seljin Fish & Chips: 0.25% growth per turn.

Accounts:
Base Gold:
9,000 gold,
Towns/Cities: 63,000 gold,
Merchant guilds: 36,000 gold,
Population: 36,000 gold,
Trade: 38,000 gold from eight trade partners (incl. 18,000 gold from six ports),
Manufacturers: 20000 gold,
The Levers of the Divines: 6000 gold,
Major Trade Route ownership: 3000 gold,
Harkon’s Gems: 4000 gold,
Modgift: 22,500 gold.

Occupied Territories: 3000 gold,
Upkeep: -19,500 gold

Total: 221,000 (225,400 gold incl. vault)
2400 in vault

-The Poopums dynasty grows further, with fertile members of the family spreading from farm to farm, gifting their fantastic manure and nutrients wherever they go. The Poopums were patriots, after all, and asked for no fee. (-14,250 gold towards three farm stacks)

-Armoured feet march from the many barracks that dot the Ruhnnite nation. (
-14,250 gold towards three barracks)

-The war had seen Parliament neglect the growth of major metropolitan areas and many were in need of critical infrastructure upgrades. The Lord Ministers quickly distributed funds to two larger polities. (-28,500 gold towards upgrading Deepwater and Beggar’s Point to cities)

-MORE settlements? Where can I put these at this point?! (
-9500 gold towards settling two new settlements)

-The loss of many veterans at the Battle of Southshire lead to the recruitment and deployment of further highly-trained. Heavy infantry were definitely a priority. (-28,000 gold towards recruiting 1000 T3 veteran heavy infantry)

-A number of medium specialists are also vomited forth from the gates of large urban centers. Professional soldiers were the workhorses of the Commonwealth Army, after all. (-24,000 gold towards recruiting 1500 T3 veteran medium infantry)

-Another group of crag-runners come skulking out of the Smuggler’s Peaks. These ones are more vicious than the last group, though fewer in number and far more quiet. They tend to unnerve those around them, even the veterans... (-6500 gold towards 100 T4 elite crag runners)

-Citizen-levies are called forth from the towns and villages that dot the commonwealth. These troops neither have the finest equipment nor the best training, but they do not lack in faith or bravery. (-12,000 gold towards 3000 T2 light infantry)

-Further field artillery pieces are constructed and shipped to the front. Who even knows how they’d fare in the field? Ruhn certainly didn’t, but it sought every advantage it could get. (-6000 gold towards two units of mangonels)

-Ballistae did look really cool though. (-3000 gold towards two units of ballistae)

-The First Speaker and two of the Veiled Diviners make an impassioned (for a Ruhnnite) plea to parliament about the uses and continued effectiveness of the Acolytes in service to the Commonwealth Army. The Ancestors smiled on them, true, but did He-That-Waits have kind inclinations towards Ruhn? A preposterous statement to be sure, and was met with angry (for a Ruhnnite) shouts from the Lord Ministers. The Diviners proposed a final great work for the city of Ruhn--a tomb to honour the soldiers who had died in service to the citizenry would be entombed deep beneath the great, grey mountain. Minor temples, shrines, and ossuaries would dot the proposed massive complex, and at its very centre would be a massive, ornately carved sarcophagus dedicated purely to He-That-Waits. May He look kindly upon His faithful.

IyRA2oX.jpg
(-50,000 gold towards the greatest edifice to He-That-Waits to ever exist [50,000/150,000])

-The war continues, and thus further defences must be constructed to both defend the urban centres and house increasing amounts of military infrastructure. (-24,000 gold towards tall stone walls around Eichenholz and Shadowcliff)

3400 gold left in vault.

Population: 12,109,526 citizens.

Cities & Investments:
Ruhn (Merchant’s Guild, Temple, Military Academy, Church, LT Stone Walls)
Bruger (Merchant’s Guild, Temple)
Riveruhn (Merchant’s Guild, Temple, T Stone Walls)
Shatterbridge (Merchant’s Guild, Port, Temple)

Leberstadt (Merchant’s Guild, Port, Temple)
Barter Town (Merchant’s Guild)
Staublund (Merchant’s Guild, Port, Temple)
Eichenholz (Merchant’s Guild, T stone walls)(Next turn)
Shadowcliff (Merchant’s Guild, Port, T Stone Walls)(Next turn)

Aschengrube (Merchant’s Guild)
Carroburg (Merchant’s Guild, Port)
Brakkenbridge (Merchant’s Guild, Port)
Krokodilsee (Town)
Kargholz (Town)
Deepwater (City)(Next turn)
Blackwood (Town)
Deepwood (Town)
Mount Ortmeir (Town)
Skinner’s Lane (Town)
Highcrag (Town)
Hollenweg (Town)
Beggar’s Point (City)(Next turn)
Brazier (Town)
Klippen (Town)(Next turn)
Wasser (Town)(Next turn)
Fischer (Town)(Next turn)
Pigswatch (Settlement)(Next turn)
Spree (Settlement)(Next turn)

Defensive Structures:
Fortress Bergen

Other Investments:
48 Farm stacks (51 next turn)
20 Manufactories
18 barracks (21 next turn)

Trade Partners:

Kingdom of Danwent,
Empire of Bourdeleaux,
Auldhuin Hierarchy of Melda,
The Passans,
Kingdom of Hakkan,
Galaharan League,
Free Cities,

Surya.

Edited by Catostrophy

latest?cb=20140505193226

Galaharian League

The Duke appraised Throatavilla from his mount as he crested a hill in Bourdeleaux. Vineyards surrounded him and his host, a common scene in the region. And at long last, the Giovenco and his host return to Galahar. He worried about his wife, fearing what became of her in the far east. There were men with the strength of hundreds, and rumors of mist and mindlessness.  How could one women survive in such chaos? Regardless, Sforza and his host were on their way to find or. Or so he hoped, rumors of the Eadni war troubled him. But there was no concrete news yet, all he could do was wait. And for now, the sight of Throatavilla greeted him. A fortress and the Reception Palace dominated the horizon, alongside the various merchant quarters. Everywhere troops march, waiting to be shipped off to war. At the sight of Barbaro banners, the city breaks into celebrations.

The Duke was horrified to find what he was coming back to. Wracked with guilt, he looked at Galahar. Throatavilla was Galahar’s third most important city, and wealthy to boot. Governor Regatta Salvanzo was the best administrator in the League. And yet ever since the tragedy of Leonessa, House Salvanzo had drifted over to the side of Senate and Sforza. Indeed, as Giovenco’s agents reports filtered in, it seemed almost everyone had. The Duke has spent his entire life abroad, traveling from country to country. But now it was apparent he must assume his mantel of rule. His host was loyal, and the garrisons were busy with the threat of wolves and trees. Before departing for the Capital at the end of the year, he orders preparations be made for a small diplomatic expedition to the Fey to be arranged.

-

4502d12eed3b93d3c71f6bbc29c24dc7.jpg

Far to the east Galaharian nobility were still on their expeditions. Arraign Barbaro for over a decade now has been following her personal pursuit of Auderic. Having fought him once, he had gotten the best of her. It has left her grievously maimed, and all the Knights [With Gilbert being the last] dying to his blade. But she had turned the odds, and captured him after others had sought to do the same. But that was all in the past, and a fever dream. The Mindless were in her memory. More immediate concerns call the Duchess back to her duty to House Barbaro. Arraign, the exotic and wonderful Fa Xian, High Priestess Morraine, and Captain Salvanzi sail for the Eadni Capital. They are careful to avoid the regular water routes. Instead using their Nuncio and Magi’s skill to navigate further out to sea.

The crack of lightning announces the beginning of Lord Sforza’s plan. Magonels and Ballistae add to the barrage, all pointed at one object. Rows of Infantry and Crossbowmen wait behind their own wall, chewing on wads of Green leaf. A Leage luxury, it didn’t come cheap this far east. With the crackle of the electric shock, the League and Eadni officers sound their trumpets and drums. Climbing over the ladder, they waver their men over the top. As further artillery and arrow barrages scream overhead, the troops scale ladders, and drop onto the bridge to form up. They advance, and can see Antigonid troops scurrying admits the cloud of dust that had been their wall. It was clear the League was launching a major thrust at the Antigonid defenses within the Capital. The handless Charles Fauchexion commanded and urged the men on from the rear, with two temporary hooks for hands.

Population; 9,688,620

Income; 163k

[!] The League garrisons the border with the Greenthroat in force this year. Near Throatavilla 6 keeps, the city itself, and subsequent garrisons hold the land passage. The Duke’s host, augmented with garrison forces from the League cover the rest, some 15,000 troops. They will not hunt the wolves, merely try to contain the strikes to less vital areas on the border.

[!] Offering Trident a Trade Pact, now that commercial access through Symon is gained.

[!] Offering the Order a trade pact for the promise of a League Bank

[!] Caravel heads west with Hilmedhi help in navigation. Goal to meet western nations. -5k in suppies

Financial Actions

Establishing Town

Port and Merchants Guild -25k

Building 2 Cities -30k

Recruiting 2,000 T3 Heavy Infantry -24k

Recruiting 3,000 T3 Medium Infantry -24k

Building 12 Caravels -48k

Treasury +6.5k

Wall Gold

Strong Tall Walls  in Throatavilla -15k

Low Stone Walls in Ovest -7.5k [Also -.5k from Treasury.]

Character Actions

The Duchess sails for Eadni Capital

Edited by GrimBeard

Surya

f37LCkVvRco8WfaFwpoTX4q4N2wNZxYl8JteVA6GjnWTpKAvycJO7HlJUOMRqbK0xbHKqxorx9wZT9fQh6t25me9ddquMS4O3w1ycTAjFoZQq0TVOHVYrsn7sIZLwPzUmtVFmWTr

Warm rain pattered on canvas sails, and Sarkar watched the Hilmedhi coast draw near. The ship was not alone - after years of alliance and with an ongoing war, the sea route between here and Surya was perhaps the busiest stretch of water this side of Minolek. Ships from the twin isles thronged the sea, bringing spices, gems and gold, and they returned with mastercrafted metal, strange contraptions that few understood, weapons beyond compare. The dwarves knew their work well, and their squat towns lined the shore, the picture of industrious order.

Sarkar briefly considered asking Mihir for clear skies, but thought better of it when he saw the docks ahead. No, there’d be no chance to finish his letter, rain or no rain. He rolled up his parchment and let the water wet his hair. It was pleasant.

“It’s impressive,” came a voice from behind him. “Clearly the Tamas aren’t entirely incapable.”

The Mahasattva had changed even since they’d left Surya. The constant warmth, the faint glow, the veins that glowed like marble - all that he had gotten used to. What still made him uncomfortable was a girl young enough to be his granddaughter talking to him as if he was a child. She listened to few, and obeyed none. Arrogance, some would call it, but Sarkar didn’t dare say such a thing to someone with a  god’s power in her very blood.

“Imagine what they could accomplish under Mihir’s light,” Padma continued, leaning on the gunwale. “Ever consider becoming a Maharajas?”

The old Rajas sputtered an objection, and she laughed. “It’s a joke, Sarkar. Obviously. There are things out here far more offensive to Him than a few stunted gnomes digging holes in the ground.”

“Please don’t call them that.”

“Of course I won’t. Not to their faces, anyway.” Raindrops sizzled when they hit Padma’s skin. “We’ll spend two weeks here, at most. I want to head north.”

Sarkar winced. “There isn’t a rush, Mahasattva. The Swine are still in retreat.”

“It’s not the Swine I want to see. Not yet.” She paused, the air around her cooling for a mere moment. “Mihir’s children are spread far and wide, and they sound...disappointing.”

“The Sattva seemed to agree.” Sarkar nodded. He knew of whom she spoke.

“I will withhold judgement until I see for myself,” said Padma, though her tone was not optimistic.

There was silence for a while, and the coast drew closer, the squat figures on the docks now clearly visible. On another ship, a large tubed machine was being loaded, the end carved into the mouth of a serpent. Heavily-armed guards made it obvious that the thing was a weapon.

“Why do you think they give up their creations so freely?” Padma nodded to the dwarves.

“Money, mostly. I suppose an oath of friendship from Surya is worth something, too.”

“They obviously haven’t heard what happened to Chittor. We were ‘friends’ with them too, as I recall.”

“You weren’t there, Padma.” At that, the girl stared at him with narrowed eyes, as if daring him to continue. 

“It was us or Varchas. Since independence was out of the question, we just helped them make the right decision. Sometimes that’s what friends do. All it took was to put on the right show.”

The ship was nearly at the docks now. A crowd of dwarves stood there, watching the glowing woman approach with interest. She watched them for a moment, thinking, then snorted in amusement.

“Alright then. Let’s give our hosts a show.”

With that she looked to the heavens, and suddenly the rain stopped, the clouds parted, and the sun blazed over the ship as it reached the Hilmedhi kingdom.

---------

Current Statistics

Expenditure (419,200 Gold with Modgift)

The obvious Xian spies might be able to get a good look at Suryan defenses, but they find no massive military buildup, beyond token garrisons at nearby fortifications. For the Suryans, precautions are one thing, but actually expecting an attack from a neutral country is another. The defensive army is well to the east. [No gold]

Routine farm expansion. [6 Farms; 30,000 gold]

Routine industrial expansion. [11 Factories; 82,500 gold]

Now that the treacherous Ravi Singh is no more, expansion to the east becomes more viable. Nevertheless, the wild Surukai jungle is in most places an impenetrable wilderness, not suitable for civilized life. Suryan settlements here hug the coast, battling for a life based on trade and adventure. The Surukai themselves are treated as friends, and Suryans generally do not trespass on their areas of the forest. [4 Settlements; 20,000 gold]

fLOo_tgpQeBfc54yJrr4aMpXyvK3oSDq_yqHFhUMbsBvbrHN61ESdWyJmS1lCsI8Rr_7zd3i0bhyuWQ6j87UbM4RGjwB8cUxJmzAD7CGwauMNckb5KGYCztYZC3W4AbLcxGLSysd

Harda, Ashta and Pandhurna become towns. [0 gold]

Amua and Ramu grow into full cities, as does the infamous Ravibad now that it has fallen back in line. Perhaps peace has finally come to the twin isles. [3 City upgrades; 45,000 gold.]

Kurnool, Lingampet, and Aurad experience prosperity! [3 guilds; 27,000 gold]

Chittor, Ratnagiri and Varchas all receive full ports. [3 ports; 40,500 gold]

Barracks rise across the realm in Chittor, Varchas, and Seringapatna. [3 Barracks; 15,000 gold.]

As obvious Xian spies cover the border, a new set of walls rises in Mattara. [Tall stone walls; 12,500 gold]

Surya’s walls grow taller and stronger, dissuading all enemies from even thinking of an attack. [Quality High Walls; 17,500 gold]

More Suryan regulars march to Aros, ready to act as the main defense for the shining new realm. [2,000 Veteran T3 Heavy Infantry; 56,000 gold.]

Chittor continues to make valuable contributions of horses and men, under the leadership of Kunwar Viswan.[1,000 T3 Light Cavalry; 10,000 gold]

Now that effective ammunition has been developed, the Suryans can finally start incorporating field artillery into their armies. Ballistae are built to travel with the forces in Aros. [12 ballistae; 9,000 gold]

The tenth regiment of Varchaasi spears leaves the Surukai jungle more experienced, but fewer in number. They soon rejoin their Mahasattva. [+100 elite varchassi, -250 veteran; 2,000 gold]

Temples rise to Mihir, carrying His light to the cities of Ratnagiri and Jawar. [2 temples; 30,000 gold.]

More funds for dwarven smiths. [Gift to Hilmedhi; 15,000 gold]

[7,200 gold remaining]

----------

kQERjuT8w5U-cgnRwBtil5dXDx43S1p1TZPicyHusISgdWSRWA1paHIAezr69J8aW6m27C7aUyK68f40B2rvgWX47Zz_tZO_AitYkm9Z6LL6YzWNnd6XR4Aw7pqoB4HM1P_54Ugh

Population 23,100,448

Edited by Zanderaw

The Fortress Libraries

VK1pbNl.png

Yar!

Hide contents

Points and Basic Stats:

Population: 5,277,959

Cities: The Bastion (fortress/tall stone walls/cathedral), Fort Vane (keep), Hardshore (keep), Endeavour, Highhold, Skypeak, Ashenport

Towns:

Outposts:

Buildings: Merchant Guild x 4, Shrine, Hermitage, School, Trading Company x 7, Manufactory x 13, Farmland x 20 (+4%), Bog Silk Market, Barracks x 9

Economy: 6 (+75% trade income, +6 to max trade partners)

Education: 7

Size: 2

Military: 2

Mysticism: 4

Trade Partners: Blackmarrow, Knauledge, Ulyadar, Bulgar, Symon, Danwent, Trident, Ashval, Volarucio, Fyr-Darrick

Enclaves: Blackmarrow, Knauledge, Ulyadar, Danwent, Trident, Ashval, Antigonids, Volarucio, Fyr-Darrick, Symon

Research & Technology

Human Commercialism (10% off Commercial buildings)

Advanced Fortifications (10% off Fortification buildings)

Superior River Boats

Bog Silk Exploitation

Medical Knowledge (35k)

Heavy Infantry

Poisons (10k)

Crossbowmen

Army:

At Home:

100 T3 Librarian Knights

1500 T3 Heavy Infantry

1500 T3 Medium Infantry

1000 T4 Light Archers

1500 T3 Medium Cavalry

1000 T3 Light Cavalry

In Ashval:

254 T3 Librarian Knights (50 men per unit)

1000 T3 Heavy Infantry

2275 T3 Medium Infantry

250 T3 Medium Infantry Veterans

4500 T1 Light Infantry

2400 T4 Light Archers

450 T3 Medium Cavalry

970 T2 Light Cavalry

6 Repeating Ballistae

---

Total Manpower Mobilised:

25 Adepts

3 Magi

Economy:

Saved: 400

Base: 3000

New Towns/Cities: 18,000

Econ Points: 6000

Pop: 15,000

Trade: 17,500

Ports: 5000

Merchant Guild: 18,000

Manufactories: 13,000

Bog Silk: 3000

Enclaves: 20,000

Unit Upkeep: -6000

Veteran Upkeep: -1000

WALL ALLOWANCE: 22,500

---

Total: 134,400

---

Total Funds: 134,400

Actions:

• Trade established with the Morning Kingdom.
  • Enclave established in the Morning Kingdom. [10,000]
  • 50 T3 Librarian Knights and 2 Adepts dispatched to the Kingdom of Hilmedhi to assist in their sewer investigations.
  • The following troops are marched to join their fellows at Ashval:
    • 1500 T3 Heavy Infantry
    • 1500 T3 Medium Infantry
    • 1000 T4 Light Archers
    • 1500 T3 Medium Cavalry
    • 1000 T3 Light Cavalry
  • Research into a device to make the copying and creation of books easier. Early ideas involve something to do with “printing” and “pressing”. How revolutionary! [2900] (Ed 7 + School bonus)
  • Tall stone walls for Fort Vane. [9000] (librarian discount on fortifications)
  • Tall stone walls for Hardshore. [9000]
  • Tall stone walls for Endeavour. [9000]
  • Tall stone walls for Skyhold. [9000]
  • Tall stone walls Highhold. [9000]
  • Tall stone walls for Ashenport. [9000]
  • Port at Ashenport. [13,500] (human discount for commercial)
  • Farmland. [5000]
  • Work COMPLETED on a Monastery at the Bastion. T4 magic awaits! [49,000] (100k total of 100k)

0 saved.

The Kingdom of Hilmedhi 

The docks of Dorhimi were busy, the the Hilmedhian army was on the march. Or the sea one should say, the docks shock as the heavy stone golem moved along the docks. The might of the superior Hilmedhian magic and engineering would be felt by the Swine. Remaining relatively well hidden and fighting a proxy war. It had come a time for High King Throck to step up and lead, his allies had to bleed for them. Now he would do the same.  

Statistics: 6,393,000 

Net Income: 176,000 Gold (30k Surya + 25k Treasury) 

Wall Upgrade Gold: 22,500

Armor production for the Suryans (15k Gold) (10 Sets of T3) 

Ashur smiled as he entered the Nexus, Padma watching from afar. A gift bestowed upon her by Ashur and the Royal Family. (Crafted Medium Armor for Padma in the Nexus!) 

Another Golem is created (4,000 Gold) 

5 Carracks and 3 Caravels are constructed (37,000 Gold) 

The Port of Dorhimi undergoes a transformation of walls, Tall stone walls are constructed around one of Hilmedhi’s most important cities. (12,500 Gold) 

Reavers Point also gets some walls, increasing the isolated cities defensive capabilities incase SOMEBODY gets any ideas. (10,000 Gold) 

6 Barracks are constructed. (24,000 Gold) (20% off, National idea) 

More gold and effort is poured into minimizing the telescope, and allowing it to be mounted on a crossbow. (30,000 Gold)

Four Units of T3 Medium Infantry are conscripted (14,000 Gold) 

A school is constructed (8,000 Gold) 

8 Manufactures are constructed (48,000 Gold)

More flaming weapons for the Ironbreakers. (0 Gold)

Edited by Sneaky2

World Events

In the far north, General Von Mokaü and his bastard army has inflicted a reign of terror upon the Auldic people. His effectiveness has increased tenfold with the addition of Swine Rangers to his ranks, lending valuable eyes to his blunt force. In fact, he has been so successful that it is reported that thousands have been killed, and messengers have arrived from Karel demanding that the so-called Walrus of Öbergrad bring in slaves, not only death-counts.

Little is heard from Xian this year, though their scouts and suspicious merchants continue to either skirt Suryan territory, or venture into it. However, reports filter in from Minolek, the largest of the Free Cities. It appears that an important delegation of Xian has made its way there, to discuss matters with the Governor.

The Storm Keep upon the land bridge between the Hungry Sea and Revar’s Gulf has been quiet and untroubled for years. But this year, commanders report disappearances. It seems as if some of the men who were designated for sentry duty has simply disappeared into the night during their watch, never to be seen again. A few footprints can be found leading from the walls towards the forest…

Lord Serros Dunwick, son of the late Lord Dunwick, has struck a vicious blow against Republicans in southern Symon. It is said that he marched his men straight into every city in which they were present, up to their meeting houses and into their halls, where he arrested everyone of them. The majority of the Republican leaders are no imprisoned 

In Symon, it is said that some liege-lords have refused the Emperor’s call to arms this year. Many still hold decent armies, but simply do not wish to waste more of their nobility and serfs in a war that more and more of the gentry find absolutely useless.

The Kingdom of Five

It seems that making a wall of stone with swinium beams attached to it is not particularly difficult, though the effects remain to be seen, as they are simply beams of Swinium attached to stone walls with cheap mortar. Not exactly a solid construct.

The Meldans claim that the pirates are attempting to deviate the attention of the Swine through deception, stating that they have been working tirelessly to stop them. This is not how help is repaid!

The Rangers are put to good use under Von Mokaü, tracking down Auldic raiding bands or finding tracks that lead to small villages, which are quickly put to the torch, with their population killed to the last child.

The Empire of Bourdeleaux

For the moment, the brightest minds of Bourdeleaux have only succeeded in making a very bright spotlight, as lenses are not something they are very good at, and mirrors only reflect the light.

The Explorers under Dupuis do go further west though, and finally they arrive in a strange new city along the coast, full of brown-folk and the smell of spices and strange foods. (Surya discovered!)

This year, few wolves come across the barrier to strike at Bourdeleaux.

The Kingdom of Danwent

Initial results are somewhat disappointing. But then, a lead. A small-time farmer near the mountains ranging along the peninsula says he saw a “great big big’un in them thar mountains.” Soon after, the first sightings… Which are mildly disappointing. The eagles are larger than one might expect, but not by much. Perhaps twice as large as a normal one, certainly no more than that though.

The Holy Kingdom of Elea

Progress remains painfully slow on both projects. The Ballista remain unpredictable, prone to fail their shot, breaking the bolt in its berth, or snapping under their own strain as much as they are likely to shoot. Even when they do though, the shot often goes off in the wrong direction, fails to snap into shrapnel, etc.

The telescope is less prone to mistakes, but it is still a rather bulky and unwieldy thing with a somewhat blurry image.

Eadni pirates continue their vicious raids. (-7.500G)

The Morning Kingdom

Small hosts of Throats are seen along the border during the autumn months. They do not raid or venture far into the Kingdom’s land, but they are until then an unexpected element.

And beneath the capital, things only get worse, like a festering wound left untreated. Almost all of the lower city is impossible to enter without risking one's life at every, treacherous corner. With this, an aura of caution and fear has descended upon the capital.

The Kingdom of Numeria

An investigation renewed. (Discord)

It seems that until very recently, the Empire has been managing quite well. Most of the Empire has seen the conflict around Arris as little more than a provincial war, and it appears that they have certainly not been expending their entire armed forces upon the war, with many guarding the east from the threat of the Throats.  As for unrest, there have been recent whispers of discontent within the nobility, mainly about the expenses accrued in the war against Numeria and the recent series of defeats. Beyond that, the republicans in the far south have caused their own issues, though it seems that most are confident in Lord Dunwick’s ability to utterly crush them.

It seems that Osmalt responds better to black iron tools, or diamond-tipped ones. Both exceedingly expensive or rare, they do however allow for a far more manageable manipulation of the stone. However, things such as the glassy uniformity of Carrow citadel are quite beyond the knowledge of the Numerian stonemasons, though they do now have the ability to break off large chunks, though it is tiresome work.

The Princedom of Volarucio

A quiet year at home, though the same cannot be said on the front. In the lands of Trident, war continues to rage, though the Lithborn side of things remains mostly quiet, apart from a few scouts.

In Trident, however, it is said that many more mercenaries are being shipped from the south, summoned by the vast sums of money available to Lord Inkwater of Trident.

The Kingdom of Fyr-Darrick

Little of note. A quiet year for Fyr-Darrick.

BALLISTA? Give me full investments you nerd.

The Duchy of Ulyadir

The telescope is less prone to mistakes, but it is still a rather bulky and unwieldy thing with a somewhat blurry image.

The red metal sees little progress. The men working on it find that their work has yielded few results beyond carbonized lumps of metal.

The Commonwealth of Ruhn

In the wake of a series of intelligent decisions, the Poopums stock value shoots up by a MIND-BLOWING 300%! Investors flock to them from all strata of society as the Poopum dynasty establishes control over more and more farms.

A lucky stroke, or a message from beyond the veil of death. A dead man of significant wealth leaves 15.000G to the Commonwealth, for the continued construction of the great wonder. Of course, only 10.000G is used after the money is run through the proper taxes and bureaucratic processes. (10.000G to great wonder)

The Galaharian League

Trident accepts the trade offer, despite their precarious situation.

The Order declines the offer of a bank, though they are ready to accept trade.

Sailing west, they find the Hilmedhi easily enough. Surely, from there they will be able to find more as well.

The forces do stop a few wolf attacks, though others occur in less protected regions, and in general, they are still definitely present. Nevertheless, the Galaharian’s watchfulness saves them from the worst of it. (-3000G)

Surya

If a jungle can radiate disapproval, the thick Surukai jungle does. Yet the colonies are settled unopposed, though the poor settlers must suffer through one of the worst climates Golûn and Esma have to offer. Swarms of mosquitos, still-water full of diseases, storms and crushing heat.

Perhaps Padma was sharpening her sword. Perhaps she was polishing someone else's! Either way, she cut herself. But lo and behold, the wound was soon covered in a glowing red line, like molten lava. Two days later, the small cut had sealed and disappeared.

The Fortress Libraries

A few blueprints, some ideas. The Press seems like a feasible idea, though there is still much to do.

The Hilmedhi Kingdom

The armor remains unchanged for an entire week, sitting in the Nexus as if nothing were to happen to it. Then, one day, at noon, a flash of light illuminates the Nexus. When it fades, the armor is still there, but it is now a deep, rich golden color, with glowing orange runes lining it. After inspection, it seems that the armor is nigh impervious to damage. Not only that, but it is capable of shining so brilliantly that one would be blinded should they look at it. Finally, it seems to channel the sun or the moon, turning a deep, moonlit silver at night. There, instead of shining blindingly, it seems to give the user perfect vision at night. Some of the runes are moderately reminiscent of those lining Padma’s sword.

Give me full telescope investments, nerd.

Kingdom of Danwent – 1527

The year 1527 is marked by the third Games of Danwent, the international event where all known (to Danwent, that is) realms are invited to send athletes to compete in a dozen contests. This display of skill, agility, speed and strength will bring prestige and glory to the champions, as well as riches, paid by the Kingdom, for the best shall be rewarded for their effort indeed! Thoryus Armon decreed some minor rule changes to provide rewards for those who do not reach the first place, but still perform decently enough, with the second and third rank receiving rewards. Even as a kingdom, the spirit of the game remains unchanged. Friendly, open competition, to share and struggle together! Peace is the agenda of the King, as the Republican spirit still lingers strongly in him and his people.

But peace can not be everywhere. To the East, the massive host of the Kingdom of Danwent arrives together with their Fey allies, the Duke Hasoran Alaari prepared to do what must be done to bring this threat to the knees. Coordinating with the Librarians and other “Great Coalition” members, they are ready to strangle this darkness in its infancy.

Back at home, new positions are granted to the loyal entourage of the King. Aywentos Rumaari is granted the title as Master of Word, which makes him a direct representative of the King himself. Theodos Abemani is named Master of Ships, whose duty is all about navy and trade. And lastly, the absent Hasoran Alaari is granted the title of Master of War, for all military matters and handling the land forces of Danwent.

There is still a matter outstanding for the King of Danwent. Thoryus is unmarried and has no children, leaving the succession a very open question. Whilst there is a quiet consensus that in the worst case either Hasoran Alaari or Aywentos Rumaari would be appointed as King, a son would be the preferred option, lest it avoids a conflict of interest for all parties involved. And so missives are sent to all surrounding realms, with the simple announcement that Thoryus Armon, King of Danwent is looking for a wife.

Also, Mercenary companies and foreign forces may only traverse Danwent when they have explicit permission to do so. In written form, by the King. Other than that, Mercenary companies are only allowed to stay in the coastal cities and ports of the Kingdom, waiting there for contract or else.

Nation Info:

Government:

Feudal Monarchy with one King.

People of note:

King Thoryus Armon, aged 53

High Priest Kaylius Sarnari, aged 47

Duke Aywentos Rumaari, Master of Word, aged 50

Duke Otto von Mikkelbach, aged 44

Duke Hasoran Alaari, Master of War, aged 47

Count Theodos Abemani, Master of Ships, aged 50

Count Tarun Syndrii, aged 35

Population: 34,108,962 this year. (4,500,000 Starter)

Growth: 3% + 4,5% (farms) + 0,25% Moranese Wheat + 1% (national idea) + 0% Growth Spell (cooldown 3 turns) + 2% Elder Soul Blessings (T5) + 1% growth (this turn)

157 farmsteads.

Cities:

Tzaria (1,500,000 inhabitants) (Capital) – Market (IV), Trade Port, Manufactory, School, Church, Great Wonder (T5), Merchant Guild, Trading Company, three barracks, Military academy, Tall Stone Wall (1 layer)

Essevith (1,000,000 inhabitants) (Starter) – Low Stone Walls (1 layer), Merchant Guild, three barracks, Temple

Ruhia (1,000,000 inhabitants) (Starter) – Low Stone Walls (1 layer), Merchant Guild, Trading Company, three barracks

Susvii (1,000,000 inhabitants) – Low Stone Walls (1 layer), Merchant Guild, Trade Port, Trading Company, three barracks

Koryii (1,000,000 inhabitants) – Low Stone Walls (1 layer), Merchant Guild, three barracks

Wessevith (1,000,000 inhabitants) – Low Stone Walls (1 layer), Merchant Guild, three barracks

Raedia (1,000,000 inhabitants) – Low Stone Walls (1 layer), Merchant Guild, Trade Port, Trading Company, three barracks

Rohsor (600,000 inhabitants) – Low Stone Walls (1 layer), Merchant Guild, Trade Port, Trading Company, three barracks, Temple

Esorvor (600,000 inhabitants) – Low Stone Walls (1 layer), Merchant Guild, Trading Company

Razryii (600,000 inhabitants) – Low Stone Walls (1 layer), Merchant Guild, Trade Port

Solinyii (500,000 inhabitants) – Low Stone Walls (1 layer), Merchant Guild, Trade Port

Rotyia (500,000 inhabitants) – Low Stone Walls (1 layer), Merchant Guild, Trade Port

Hybria (700,000 inhabitants) – Low Stone Walls (1 layer)

Shovia (600,000 inhabitants) – Low Stone Walls (1 layer)

Tzarkyii (600,000 inhabitants) – Low Stone Walls (1 layer)

Arevith (600,000 inhabitants) – Low Stone Walls (1 layer)

Esolia (500,000 inhabitants) – Low Stone Walls (1 layer)

Krytor (500,000 inhabitants) – Low Stone Walls (1 layer)

Caldria (500,000 inhabitants) – Low Stone Walls (1 layer), Trade Port

Morvera (500,000 inhabitants) – Low Stone Walls (1 layer)

Towns:

Settlements:

National Budget:

Treasury: 0 Duwats.

Income: 294,750 Duwats

Base Income: +3,000 Duwats

Economic Points: +4,000 Duwats

Merchant Guilds (12): +36,000 Duwats

Trade Partners (12/14): (Symon, Numeria, Bordealeux, Eadni, Galahar, Librarians, Fyr Darrick, Trident, Volarucio, Äulem, Elea (blockade), Nascent) +16,500 Duwats

Trade node of Susvii: +3,000 Duwats (city + trade port)

Population Taxation: +102,000 Duwats

Trade Port of Tzaria: +5,000 Duwats (11/12 trade partners)

Trade Port of Susvii: +5,000 Duwats (11/12 trade partners)

Trade Port of Raedia: +5,000 Duwats (11/12 trade partners)

Trade Port of Rohsor: +5,000 Duwats (11/12 trade partners)

Trade Port of Razryii: +5,000 Duwats (11/12 trade partners)

Trade Port of Solinyii: +5,000 Duwats (11/12 trade partners)

Trade Port of Rotyia: +5,000 Duwats (11/12 trade partners)

Trade Port of Caldria: +5,000 Duwats (11/12 trade partners)

Increased Trade (event, Games of Danwent): +5,000 Duwats

Towns & Cities: +51,000 Duwats

Danwentii Wheat: +1,500 Duwats

Manufactory in Tzaria: +1,000 Duwats

Road tolls: +1,500 Duwats

Exports: +17,000 Duwats

Caravels arriving at Danwent: +1,000 Duwats (4 from Galahar)

Olympic Economic Boom: +10,000 Duwats (this turn only)

Olympic winnings: +2,250 Duwats (this turn only)

Expenditure: 30,250 Duwats

Armed Forces:  -17,250 Duwats

Total of 51,100 men. Equals -17,000 gold for land maintenance. -250 gold for Veteran Upkeep.

Bronze Legion (T3 Unique Medium Infantry) at 12,175 men (2,700 garrisoned) – Regular

Bronze Legion (T3 Unique Medium Infantry) at 250 men – Veteran (upkeep -50% from academy)

T1 Regular Light Archers at 3,750 men (1,500 garrisoned)

T2 Regular Medium Archers at 1,500 men (500 garrisoned)

Danwentii Pavise Crossbows (T3 Unique Crossbows) at 7,425 men (3,300 garrisoned)

T3 Regular Medium Cavalry at 2,500 men

T3 Light Infantry at 13,500 men

T3 Light Archers at 8,500 men

T3 Symonese Heavy Infantry at 500 men

T3 Symonese Medium Infantry at 1,000 men

1 Mage

16 Adepts

Naval Forces: -5,000 Duwats

10 galleys at 250 men each

Fortifications: -8,000 Duwats

1 Castle in Ruhia (-1,000 Duwats) manned by 500 Light Archers

1 Keep in Essevith (No upkeep) manned by 500 Light Archers

1 Fortress in Tzaria (-2,000 Duwats) manned by 500 Light Archers, 500 Medium Archers, 500 Bronze Legion

1 Castle in Tzarkyii (-1,000 Duwats) manned by 600 Danwent Pavise, 400 Bronze Legion

1 Castle in Hybria (-1,000 Duwats) manned by 600 Danwent Pavise, 400 Bronze Legion

1 Keep in Koryii (No upkeep) manned by 300 Danwent Pavise, 200 Bronze Legion

1 Castle in Esorvor (-1,000 Duwats) manned by 600 Danwent Pavise, 400 Bronze Legion

1 Castle in Shovia (-1,000 Duwats) manned by 600 Danwent Pavise, 400 Bronze Legion

1 Castle in Krytor (-1,000 Duwats) manned by 600 Danwent Pavise, 400 Bronze Legion

Available currency: 264,500 Duwats

National Resources:

4 unit of Danwentii (Moranese) Wheat for trade (Market in Tzaria) (Exporting to Sehmon (3k), Trident (4k), Surya (5k), Bourdeleaux (5k) (4))

Actions:

Ten stretches of Farmland are ordered for the growing population in Danwent. (-25,000 Duwats)

Regardless of the result, High Priest Kaylius Sarnari himself travels west in order to find these big eagles and to domesticate them with his adepts. They shall be well taken care of, fed, kept healthy, and so forth. It is in order to increase their population too after all, and perhaps, find bigger exemplars than the ones discovered too. (-7,500 Duwats as additional funding + magic! MOD)

The Third Games of Danwent take place. The prize pool runs at 40,000 Duwats! (-40,000 Duwats)

All the other cities receive Merry Merchant Guilds in order to allow them to facilitate business properly and accordingly. (8 x 9,000 = -72,000 Duwats)

Five new provinces are drafted and settled upon for Danwent. Whilst not immediately having any representation anymore in a council, it was still essential for the proper administration of the growing population of the nation. (-25,000 Duwats for Settlements; Map & Names follow shortly)

By long distance message, Duke Hasoran orders the recruitment of five companies of Danwent Pavise (T3). (5 x 6,500 = -32,500 Duwats)

Furthermore he orders the expansion of the Keep at Koryii to a castle. (-5,000 Duwats)

Also five units of Danwentii Riders (T3) are being trained to bolster the mounted forces of the Kingdom. (5 x 8,000 = -40,000 Duwats)

The remainder is being retained for now. (-17,500 Duwats)

Holy Kingdom of Elea 

9l2s90ZpjXJ7jK2ExuKltwIcbKpUIeGe_LeVg-1GMZrsrOkq_xfIhF_zZDfarb8CJorkLQt3ZYIOxMs9wvQHP6C4K8-L1s1D6XRnJM1Y3ysuVjhzug8a_go8qt8TfNU103WHqJ2R

----------------------------------=0=----------------------------------

The Exervinitis, A recently commissioned caravel, rocked hard as it sailed across the Expanse. Every wave sent the ship rocking to the left and then to the right. The crew was largely silent as they went about their tasks. The Eleans were not a sailing people, but this was an exception, a necessity for a great pilgrimage, a great hunt for knowledge. The cool ocean air filled Koros’ lungs as he stood at the bow, gazing into the massive ocean ahead of him. He wondered what creatures or unknown monsters lurked within its depths, how big they were, what they looked like, or even if they were under the vessel right now, waiting, watching... He quickly pushed the unsettling thoughts aside. The waters were relatively calm today anyways, and the skies quiet, albeit full of large ominous clouds. Koros had rarely sailed, only once before, actually, and that was on the way to the Royal Capital only last year. Since then, much had changed. His tutoring with Aleuas has been proceeding well, already he had surpassed many of the older students. He had virtually mastered casting bolts of magic or minor shields on command, though his counterspells still needed work. His first trials had resulted in the council naming him an official adept. The mere thought of the moment filled him with excitement. The High Archon told him many times how gifted he was in the field, and that he showed great potential, he hoped such comments were true. Hopefully news of his achievement would find its way back to his family. He had written to them many times, but received no response. He wasn't right to expect one, travel across the seas was dangerous with the war, and he was about to leave on a great pilgrimage. Still, their lack of letters, from his mother especially was concerning to say the least. As much as he seemed to like to worry about his family, he could not resist the allure of the present religious mysteries and his studies.

A sense of curiosity washed over Koros as he dwelt on them, and especially recent news. Rumors had filtered in from Numeria and Central Naros. They talked about a purple sky, an eternal sunset. Surely, this must be a sign from the Ancient One. Aleuas had told him it was when first told him about it, and he believed the same thing. In fact the news was one of the sole reasons for the journey. The Ancient One had been stirred, or was sending out a sign, a call to the faithful. They would answer. However, before they could proceed, a visit to the Chapel was mandated. The Eleans had scantily communicated with other practitioners of the faith, it was a great opportunity to share knowledge. Additionally, a certain theory of Aleaus’ was to hopefully be validated there.

Above him, the clouds rumbled and a bolt of lightning split the heavens in two. From the sky, droplets of rain began to fall on the deck of the Exervinitis, covering it in a thin and reflective layer of water. Clearly, it was time to find somewhere not exposed to the elements. Koros turned on his feet and began to walk across the deck towards the stern. The sword at his hip, and his breastplate clanked with each step. The weapon and armor were a gift from Ser Edrich, something about repaying a favor to his father. The armor itself was beautiful, inlaid with patterns and religious symbols; it must’ve cost the knight a lot. He didn’t understand why he needed it, nor did he know how to use the sword properly. Aleuas told him they would be traveling through dangerous, wild, and foreign lands, so it was good to come prepared for the worst. One of their guards, a Leytouched by the name of Priam had offered to teach him how to fight, but since the journey began he hadn’t had the proper time for it. Koros hoped the man would have more time once they began their journey on foot.

Just before the boy reached the vessels’ cabin, a horn blasts from the crow’s nest. The man calls down to the rest of the crew who were, himself included, looking up at the man with a confused look. “Land Ahead!” At those words the crew let out a collective sigh of relief. Eadni pirates posed a constant threat, and every man on the ship would much rather be on far more solid, less swaying ground. But still, the rain continued to fall, and even pick up, inside was still better than the deck.

Koros reached the vessels’ cabin. Inside Aleaus poured over one of his numerous scrolls, upon his entry, the man sets down the manuscript, turning to him. “I hope I did not interrupt you, Archon” He says, closing the door behind him. “Of course not Koros, I was simply reviewing some of my predecessors’ findings.” The Archon says as he looks back to the document, his eyes leaping across its contents. “We will soon be making landfall, the man in the crows nest just spotted it” he walked to the rear of the cabin, gazing out the window. In the distance, another bolt of lighting pierced the sky as the rain pattered against the glass. “Good news then, though the next leg of our journey will not be nearly as short as our first.” The Archon set down his document and looked to Koros. “How have your abilities progressed? I assume you’ve been reciting the prayers I’ve taught you.” “I’ve told you Archon, I’ve been trying. I reach out to the Ancient One’s power, I focus, I try to touch it, but it simply isn't there” Koros replies, the frustration growing in his voice. For weeks he’s been attempting to feel the power that Aleuas had often talked about, to no avail. “It is there, Koros. Clear your mind, focus on the goal, the Ancient One’s energy, his power. Then, only then will you feel it.” Thunder rolled in the distance, so loudly the ship seemed to vibrate, it mirrored Koros’ frustration with Aleaus and his unproductive instructions, his frustration with the Ancient One and his unreactive slumber, and most of all the frustration with his inability to perform a task that seemed so easy. Without another word, Koros left the cabin, slamming the door rather loudly.

He stormed across the deck, back to his original spot at the bow of the ship. Though he liked the quiet atmosphere the rain produced, he wasn’t interested in being soaked. Koros muttered a few brief words, and like that, the rain stopped, at least for him. A small, purple-blue translucent shield hovered above him, the rain glancing and running off of it. He returned to his frustration. Then a thought occurred to him, Perhaps he was being tested or challenged by the Great Titan. The more he dwelt on this idea, the more he liked the sound of it. Then, in that moment, he convinced himself of it. Surely, the Ancient One had a plan in mind, one he was apart of. Why else would it be so difficult for him to touch this latent, thrumming power that everyone could so easily reach out to? He would meet overcome this test or challenge, whichever it was, he would prove himself, he would pray harder.

----------------------=0=----------------------

Actions & Spending

Available Funds: 139,450 Denarii

Financial Actions:

-Despite the raging war, the Industries of Elea stop for nothing! (22500)
-More tracts of farmland are tilled in order to feed the Holy Kingdom’s growing populace (10000)

-In an effort to spread out the Kingdom’s population and lessen the damage inflicted by Eadni raids, four new settlements are founded known as Delos, Olynthus, Myrnia, and Phocaea. Additionally, the ancient city of Tourmaline is resettled. (25000)

-Another wing to the Great Temple at Pelos is constructed. This section would be completely dedicated to the instruction and housing of trainees (25000) (Church)

- A unique venture is allocated funding from the Kingdom’s treasury. (34250)

-The war demands more soldiers, and more Silver Legionnaires are raised at the Royal Capital of Pelos. (20,000)

-More meager funding is distributed to the Scholar’s league. Woe is them. (2,700)

Mod Actions: (Sorry, there’s a lot)

-Tedious, Tedious work continues on the ballista bolts. (2,700 | 7 education) (14,950 total)

-Elean scientists in Ulyadar continue to work to improve the telescope (7 education)

-With at least a basic telescope working. The Eleans shift their gaze to the heavens. They begin to chart and observe the patterns of the stars and other celestial bodies, as well as what that might mean for the world of mortals. (7 education)

-Koros & Co. depart from Asterion, sailing north for Hardshore before heading west to the chapel.

-In order to try and stop the destruction of Eadni raids, light cavalry contingents are deployed along the coast. They are to protect villages and run down raiders as they land. (450 Light cav)

Edited by Krefarus

Kingdom of Five

SEUOt1KKvLcA7Iv101MLgp3vF3erTIFaRHddkcL631QiaYw9XEd66Cce11z2m4vQHOwLuSpVqIiyp0LYw41Ws0XH2ePJFzP5THEZknGRlVINoTZxZIrCbBtwjqT2eAVycC0pMdhi

Nation Roleplay:

A great wonder, built in the secretive core of the Kingdom only its location being shared to the most devout of followers to the Fallen one outside of the borders of the nation. It’s structure is noticeable though sticking out in Highgate at the very center. The Stone had been painted black and with a cathedral like protrusion of towers at the center, Guards and adepts are seen around it worshiping and praying. An interior look would awe the common man as gold-like supports lined the entrance hall until you reached the circular center. The walls were painted entirely of scriptures and renders of fallen art, black and white banners streaming down. The towers were off limits, those only allowed were the highest in the society.

As for the South, Durocia comes under siege in 1526 as it fights to hold onto its wary land of hell as bombs and beams of sun slashed the walls. It would be long and hard, the men there being reassured they’re fighting for their god and kingdom. 

The Meldans… they’re given an apology and are met with by a diplomat to discuss the best way to go about the pirate scourge. Truly the situation is unbecoming of traders and the folks of both kingdoms. 

Population: 21,483,565 Fivians

Gold Expenditure: 259,550 Gold with Upkeep 
(58,390 + P = 150,000  \ 150,000) The dark wonder, built in complete secrecy where only the most devout may come pray. [Refer to my rp]

(MOD) The Meldans are given an apology, the Swine are stressed. They seek to figure out a way where they can coincide their attacks on the pirates together. Maybe they should both enforce a maritime law on passing traders?

(30,000 Gold) A shipment of gold… missing!?

(65,000 Gold) Another fortress is built connecting to the net of fortifications, it’s in the east and purpose built with the new Swinium technique. The Largest central finishing touch is a Citadel, its large structure being built with it as-well. The fortifications along the line are given the upgrade too.

(MOD) With such success of the rangers in the north, the Karel are sent 250 more veteran rangers making that 500 Deployed to the cold.

(16,160 + 2,500 = 18,660 Invested) Curiously the Swine try and devise a new way to build a wall entirely, Swinium supports in the center to provide a strong foundation and experimentation with different ways to place the mortar and stone or using an entirely new material.

(90,000 Gold) 10,000 T3.5 Medium Infantry is recruited to defend the homeland.

Edited by Devland99

THE PRINCEDOMS OF VOLARUCIO

RAG7tbU.jpg
The Prince of Toulagoza, August III.

Long red hair pooled across the soft silk pillow, as the owner lounged easily on the expensive couch, nestled by the open windows of her chambers in the old Senatorial Complexes of Tzaria. Isabella de Hontiveros only half listened as her brother, the honourable clergyman, droned on and on about what a political disaster losing this opportunity was. Gently her white teeth found the flesh of a sweet red apple, biting into it with a relish, the skin and meat of the apple snapping loudly as the juice ran down her chin. She spoke with her mouth full, crunching apple in her teeth. “Come now, Ferdinand, there are excellent opportunities for marriage still at hand.” Ferdinand barely noticed her as he continued his mad ravings.

“And what will Father say of this failure? Edios alone knew what he intended to do through marriage to our religious enemies, but he must have had some plan!” The priest near shouted, frightening the birds on the window ledge. Isabella simply laughed, the rich, musical sound filling the room. “My dear, sweet, handsome brother.” she says, with only the barest hint of mockery. “I already have a more favorable solution, that will oil the wheels of Father’s plots, and won’t see me thrown into the hands of a crusty old man.” Sallow faced Ferdinand sniffed, already the likeness of his father in August’s youth, the Priest unfortunately had few of his Father’s talents, and he was confused and angry – because he did not understand. “Well? What is it then?” he snapped, irate. “Why, brother dear.” she rises and glides across the floor, planting a sisterly kiss on his cheek. “We shall seek an audience with Lord Dunwick.” Ferdinand gawked at her, and Isabella simply smiled. “Now leave me, I must pack and change for traveling.”

-

The day was cold and damp, as the steady rain rattled against the glass windows of Prince August’s summer retreat, simply a small fortified manner to the north of Toulagoza. Prince August and his court, however, were many miles away, in the west, and the occupant of this manor was not an ugly old monarch, but rather a young man, middling in his looks. He sat at the window, and his fingers danced along the neck of a violin. He was, even to the untrained eye, a master musician. And he looked like one, with his thin delicate face, and his thin delicate features. Gently he swept a lock of dark hair back,as his eyes drifted to the bed, and the sleeper began to stir.

“Come back to bed, Phillip...” called the lazy voice of August de Hontiveros’ ward, Luis de Vivar, the only son of the late General de Vivar. But Phillip de Hontiveros, softest and kindest of August’s bastards, just sat at the window, gently playing his instrument. For a long time he played and, after a while, Luis sat up in the bed and began to play the Lute, and the two lovers enjoyed their companionable time together. Until Charles arrived.

The door, made of stout wood but possessed of an old, weak latch, burst inwards as Charles de Hontiveros, eldest son of the Prince August, stormed into the room. Big, and brutish, Charles sneered down at the pair of homosexuals, snatching the violin easily out of delicate Philip’s hands. “You call yourself a man!” he sneered in derision, and with a swift movement, he smashed the instrument against the wall, shattering it into strings and splinters. “When I rule Toulagoza, Philip, I shall soon put an end to this! The old way was to geld sodomites, and perhaps it shall be revived!” thundered the beast as he threw the now pale Philip backwards with a casual backhanded slap. Charles turned, swiftly leaving the way the came, while Philip descended into heavy bouts of tears.

-A Hermitage is built in Toulagoza. (37’000 Gold) (13’000 invested waaaaaay back.) (50k/50k)

-The Princess Isabella de Hontiveros and her bastard brother, Ferdinand de Hontiveros, travel to seek audience in the court of Lord Serros Dunwick. (Mod)

-An emissary is sent to Trident, requesting an armistice and a negotiation, with the Galaharan aide-de-camp sent to Volarucio as a witness. (Mod)

-Envoys are also dispatched to the Chapel of Knauledge. (Mod)

-Trouble begins to brew at home, for August has no designated heir, and his eldest son, Charles, begins to muster to his side the support of many young noblemen, most of whom ruthlessly persecute his younger brother, Philip, for his homosexual tastes. Meanwhile, the Princess Isabella, and the youngest brother, Ferdinand, travel to the lands of Symon, seeking a husband strong enough to secure joint rule with her over Volarucio – should August fall in battle or to sickness.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1AMJsCTv_nPaKA1QS2CXnXjT6EQ2rPHM2WwmUS-GmsBk/edit#gid=189576162

Edited by The_Mad_Skylord

upKlAcxD_hNLq2pt_1WKjNMXpliXIAA95xy_YWzRGcAQENwhyGaEQQN6hZSBICNLfAJngJvA4uSrNVxQN2ujzLeoc0rjz-eKxCS8wxeX9m9WMjDdVGlAtAyAZcq1n3q50yhGu53t

EMPIRE OF BOURDELEAUX

Ruler: H.I.M. Emperor Adrian II

Government: Imperial Constitutional Monarchy

Population: ~ 22,394,449 (next 24,018,047)

Allies: Galaharian League, Kingdom of Fyr-Darrick

Trade Partners: Galaharian League, Kingdom of Fyr-Darrick, Kingdom of Helmedhi, Antigonids, Republic of Danwent, Hakkans, Princedoms of Volarucio, Aulem, House Blackmarrow, Trident, Kingdom of Numeria, Passans, Kingdom of Five, Symon, Eadni, Commonwealth of Ruhn, Surukai

WHERE HAS OUR FAITH GONE?

It was a bright, sunny day in lands of Suttre. The Sun shone gracefully on these lands, glimmering upon the twin rivers of the Suttresian Valley. Indeed, it was a day to be productive. It was warm, though not warm enough to a fault. A comfortable temperature and fair weather. Such was the blessings of the Great Sun. Indeed, for some time the people of Suttre felt easy. There hadn’t been any turbulent storms, flood, or any sort of inclement weather. Only the delicate hand of the Sun, guiding its children. He watched over them as they hung fish upon their drying racks, hammered metal into shape, or cut down tree. He was everywhere and knew all. That was all the solace they needed.

That is, at least how the commoners felt toward the issue. A decent portion of the majority was indifferent to their God. Some even doubting his status as a ‘god’. The more practical believed him to be just a force of nature.

“That’s not a damned force of nature!” a voice rung out. It was from within the hold of the Duke of Suttre. It seemed he had assembled his closed council within the meeting chamber. In his holdfast of stone dating back years now, the Duke confided. The chamber was open to the elements, with a large balcony adjacent to the large rectangular table in which the men were sat. Outside, the quiet chirping of birds and gentle rustling of leaves provided ambience to those within. Though, they took notice of such pleasantry at the moment. They were engaged in thought-provoking discussion, trading wit and logic with one another for some time. The Duke sat at the end of the table, hearing these men out.

“What would you call it then?” asked the Duke, a large man by Bourdelaic standards, with a round belly and an overgrown beard, brown as the bark upon an oak.

“Cursed sourcery!” shouted the same man, the local bishop.

“I’m inclined to agree.” said another man, armored. “What kind of nature grows within seconds, overrunning men and civilization alike in a sprawl of roots and vines? It is the opposite of natural.”

“Which is what we’re dealing with. A risk. Now why would His Grace, the Duke, wish to send off our finest fighting men to deal with that? It simply is not worth it.” came a voice from another party, bearing the pin of the Ducal Master of Coin.

The armored man shot back, “What is the hardest thing you’ve ever had to do, Lord Adenin? You were born into your wealth. Haven’t had lifted a single finger. What do you know about expense?”

“Sir Geoffrey, the fact of the matter is…”

The Duke raised his hand, “Enough, we’ll provide my finest banners to the Emperor’s cause. This is final.”

“Your Grace?”

“The Emperor looks upon those favorably who supports his campaigns. Yes, we do indeed have much to gain, though also much to lose. Yet, we may be privy to the spoils of this land, and we may perhaps be given additional rights befitting of a loyal servant of the Crown. Maybe new lands to be added to the demesne of Suttre, hm.”

“Only one way to find out if its worth it or not. Sir Geoffrey ready the men, this meeting is adjourned.”

At the conclusion of this meeting, the disgruntled Archbishop had other plans in mind. He grumbled to himself, loathing the fact he had to do business with cowards like Adenin. He dusted off his robes, rose from his seat, bowed, and departed the chambers.

Yet it was beyond Suttre’s hold, that he bumped into Sir Geoffrey, exchanging thoughts about the session. It was from Geoffrey that the Archbishop had a spark of inspiration.

Over the course of the next few days, he would travel by road to the Capital. Rough and rugged, a bumpy ride by horseback, he trekked north. In doing so, he sullied his fine purple garbs, though, this was worth the risk.

During this trip, he had much time to contemplate.

Arriving at the Papal Palace, it was evident that he was immediately beholden to the Pontifex. Showing him great respect, kissing his hand several times over, as wrinkled as it was. “Your Holiness.”

The aged figure, hunched, greyed, and covered with liver spots, smiled at the arrival of his friend, “Archbishop, why have you come to me on this day?” before the Archbishop could respond the Pontifex responds, “How fares the Archdiocese of Suttre, hm? Well?”

“Yes, Your Holiness, it is well. But also no… Over the past months I’ve noticed a decline in fervor and dedication to our shared faith. Seems to me that people have forgotten the divinity of the Bright One… neglecting his supernatural powers… Of course, they know they need him, but they don’t grasp his benevolence… his mercy... “

“...A valid concern, yes. We’ll need to reinvigorate the faith. I may have some ideas, though, I’d like to hear your own.”

“We need action. An enemy. His Imperial Majesty’s campaign to the north already highlights the evil of the dreaded forest. Yet none know of this, we must deliver the news to the masses.”

“Yet how does this affect them? Last I heard His Imperial Majesty’s campaign fared well…”

“We’ll need an outrage. An atrocity which will spur the good men into arms and faith.”

“Such as?”

The Archbishop coughed, speaking grimly well, “Well… Should the campaign fail?”

“Do you expect it to?”

“... It’s within the realm of possibility…”

The Pontifex’s face turned grim, nodding, “I see. If such a tragedy were to befall us… yes, it would be indeed a rallying cry for our Faith…. I’ll make the preparations…”

Yet, the Archbishop’s work there was not done yet. As departed the Papal Palace, he realized he had more business to settle. A staunch loyalist to the Crown, he could not sit idly by if Adrian were to pass and the throne would fall to the his slothful and incompetent son. Not while he still breathed, no.

He made strides of haste, trudging through the disease riddled, noisy, and crowded slums of Souvois. He loathed making this journey to the upper districts. It also made him uneasy. He was an easy target for lowlives and scum who needed to make a quick buck. Yet, he found the security and the guard force in the lower districts readily sufficient. A pairing of soldiers usually found at the corner of every block put his mind at rest.

Exhausted, he ascended thousands of steps to the top, reaching the Imperial Palace. He was a frequent here, all things considered. And he was acknowledged by the guards as a friend of the Crown, who waved him in with few questions asked.

Slowing to a trudge, legs nearly giving out, he finally made it to the upper halls. He had arrived. The chambers of Adrian’s son. His second eldest. Francis.

“Your Highness..”

Spoiler

CITIES -

• Souvois (15 Barracks, 1 Port, 1 Place of Worship, 1 Temple, 1 Merchant’s Guild)

• Omignon (1 Port, 1 Merchant’s Guild)

• Vascogne (1 Port, 1 Merchant’s Guild)

• Senzia-by-the-Bay (1 Port, 1 Merchant’s Guild)

• Alingavia (1 Port, 1 Merchant’s Guild)

• Talouse (1 Port, 1 Merchant’s Guild)

• Lassus (1 Port, 1 Merchant’s Guild)

• Gadebors

TOWNS 19 24

• Suttre-upon-the-Twins

• Vispard

• Adana

• Frigia

• Mennebor

• Coutrinia

• Rune

• Verendelia

• Plestiphor

• Touvres

• Benninbinges

• Epsomme

• Werdaux

• Serridinia

• Wetz

• Lusignan

• Vermont

• Moraviscourt

• Venderval

• Annecy

• Valence

• Vussel

• Reynes

• Pulle

• Duvernay

• Challons

• Guillac

• Porfront

SETTLEMENTS - 3

• Cours

• Pervac

• Vellembert

FARMLANDS - 90 - 22,500,000

SETTLEMENT CAP - 53

RECRUITMENT CAP - 12

FINANCES AND ACTIONS

Income: 302,000g (Base - 3k, 6 Economy Pts - 6k, Pop - 66k Resources - 6k, Merchant Guilds - 21k, Base Trade - 28k, Ports - 56k, Cities/Towns - 114k, Incoming Caravels - 1k, Manufactories - 1k)

Upkeep: 23,000g (Army), 9,500g (Veterancy), 5,000 (Navy)  =37,500g.

+2,500

+2,000 from Royal Olympics Earnings

[35,000g] Constructing 7 Farms

[15,000g] Constructing 3 Settlements; Essec, Lochamp, Louvaines

[0g] Upgrading Settlements Cours, Pervac, and Vellembert to Town

[15,000] Upgrading Frigia to City

[15,000g] Constructing Port in Gadebors

[10,000g] Constructing Merchant’s Guild in Gadebors

The Solar Church is not exempt from their wartime dues. By Imperial Decree, they are to send additional magi and adept auxiliaries. Constructing Cathedral in Souvois. [40,500g]

General mobilization and recruitment. Notably, the Duke of Suttre musters many fine foot knights and men-at-arms; his forces being incorporated into the 14th Brigade

[16,500g] Recruiting 1 Unit of T4 Knights of Ogrun

[10,000g] Recruiting 1 Unit of Elite T4 Heavy Infantry

[18,000g] Recruiting 2 Units of Veteran T4 Heavy Infantry

[56,000g] Recruiting 7 Units of Regular T4 Heavy Infantry

[3,000g] Recruiting 1 Unit of Regular T4 Crossbowmen

[9,000g] Recruiting 3 Units of Regular T3 Light Infantry

[2,000g] Recruiting 4 Units of Regular T1 Voulgiers

A secure shipment of Gold is transported over the Roots to Numeria to procure additional magical mercenaries. [15,000g]

Importing Moranese Wheat from the Kingdom of Danwent. [5,000g]

Dupuis and his jolly band of sailors continue further west.

4,000 to treasury

Surya

f37LCkVvRco8WfaFwpoTX4q4N2wNZxYl8JteVA6GjnWTpKAvycJO7HlJUOMRqbK0xbHKqxorx9wZT9fQh6t25me9ddquMS4O3w1ycTAjFoZQq0TVOHVYrsn7sIZLwPzUmtVFmWTr

War or no war, the twin isles have never been so prosperous. From the busy waters of Seringapatna to the steamy Surukai jungle, from Varchas to Surada, the countryside is awash with new wealth. Traders sail to the Sea of Surya from across its realm, from foreign lands, from the colony on Aros. And all of it passes through the greatest city in the world.

Perhaps it is time to spread Mihir’s light to the world. Too long have the Suryans lived as a mythical people on the edge of the world, and now that their rebirth has come, they have a responsibility to guide the Tamas. Ships shall be built. New countries will be found, new luxuries to experience, and the state of the world shall at last come into focus. For the Mirrored City is a city of duty, and only when the world is known can they free it from darkness...

---------

Current Statistics

Expenditure (437,450 Gold)

The Xian Kingdom continues to behave erratically, and the Maharajas are annoyed to say the least at the amount of troops that are being kept in the south in case of an attack. They petition the Sattva to take aggressive action, but the priests will hear nothing of it. Surya’s neighbor has done nothing wrong! Rather, they insist that the army be sent north. Scindia must not fight unsupported. [Action]

New helmets are issued to Suryan officers! I wonder why.... [Action]

Routine farm expansion. [7 Farms; 35,000 gold]

Routine industrial expansion. [11 Factories; 82,500 gold]

More land, for the superior Suryan race. [3 Settlements; 15,000 gold]

tFMg6e_gnLPFARj8Olf0t5LvVed5WU3By9S-Bq4oZ44bGUNj5rZfFRVW3tElZFAntjU0DZEnBzPTKrMVPHP8uCRRDOEP4NDpmvc1_QaDS8La76ELSLhMZ7QmFBr4IherKkN-YwFT

Kaptai, Sundarban, Chara, and Barguna become towns. [0 gold]

Serawa, Mokal, Hamira, and Harda all grow into full cities. [4 City upgrades; 60,000 gold.]

Amua, Ramu and Ravibad experience prosperity! [3 guilds; 27,000 gold]

Manasur, Bomkata and Mangaluru all receive full ports. [3 ports; 40,500 gold]

More Sunclad are on the march, ready to serve as the frontline in Surya’s wars. [2,000 Veteran T3 Heavy Infantry; 56,000 gold]

Chittor continues its contribution, sending more lancers to the front. [1000 T3 light cavalry; 10,000 gold.]

The greatest fighters among the lawless Tamas are recruited from port cities. Perhaps their talents will be useful….on the high seas! [250 Veteran T3 Light Infantry; 4,000 gold.]

A caravel made totally of Ulan wood is delivered to Surya, to carry its envoys far from home. [Caravel; 4000 gold.]

Untrained screamers flock to Aros ready to swarm the foolish foes of Surya. [3,000 T1 Light Infantry; 6,000 gold.]

A set of low stone walls are built around the city of Chittor. [T2 Walls; 10,000 gold.]

Barracks are built in Ratnagiri, Manasur, and Waroor. [3 Barracks; 15,000 gold.]

The House of the Sun at the center of Surya rises into the air like a mountain. Its terraced courtyards and cavernous halls hold every function of law, government and religion. Priests bustle through its well-lit gardens and chapels. At last, the complex’s refurbishment is nearly complete. Like a miniature sun, a massive bonfire glows at its highest level, reflected in every direction. [Cathedral; 45,000 gold.]

Gold is sent to the Hilmedhi kingdom to fund their efforts for the alliance. [Gift; 21,000 gold.]

A trade company is started to handle trade with the strange, frog-eating foreigners who have started showing up on Suryan land. [Trade Company; 6300 gold]

[150 gold remaining]

----------

Qdfit4OWb1ehtlN5At5r1zhcW6eLS3ggyScik_pCYxLQkNsbulNThvjBcF6BX6bYRS90a8iFJethJLX_0Nx1vzoXzbWe-GhVMCJJbSVbHta8BndMlZ6FVLrGsy4WtB1RAljWZH7x

Population 24,775,231

Edited by Zanderaw

Commonwealth of Ruhn

No RP because I am a dirty waste of air.

Misc. Effects:
Colonial Bureaucracy: 400,000 pop required for towns.
Tablet of Zakhet: 5% off of all construction prices.
Seljin Fish & Chips: 0.25% growth per turn.

Accounts:
Base Gold:
9,000 gold,
Towns/Cities: 71,000 gold,
Merchant guilds: 36,000 gold,
Population: 37,500 gold,
Trade: 38,000 gold from eight trade partners (incl. 18,000 gold from six ports),
Manufacturers: 20000 gold,
The Levers of the Divines: 6000 gold,
Major Trade Route ownership: 3000 gold,
Harkon’s Gems: 4000 gold,
Occupied Territories: 3000
Divine Inheritance: 10,000
Upkeep: -21,500 gold

Total: 216,000 (219,400 gold incl. vault)
3400 in vault

-Farmer Poopums looks upon his vast fields and farmhands working his land. He thanks his ancestors for their favour, and comes to the conclusion that a powerful and successful individual such as him should be more than a mere citizen... He deserved a title of lordship for his great and noble works! (-19,000 gold towards four farm stacks)

-More soldiers march stoically from the training fields peppering the larger metropolises. (-14,250 gold towards three barracks)

-The next stage of construction sees vast swathes of Mount Ruhn hollowed and carved. To the engineers that designed the complex, the project’s layout is more similar to a town than a tomb. Several new entrances and thoroughfares are driven through the stone from one side of the mountain to the other to accommodate faster travel around the capital. Other complications to the process arise--air vents are required for the deeper levels and great catchments are drilled higher in the peaks to grasp the freezing winds. Great skylights are similarly produced, with sunlight directed by mirrors through a maze of tunnels (a strange innovation, inspired by the report of a ambassador). A whole division of shrine-tenders begin transporting the holy remains of many wayward shrines for easier access by the citizenry, peppering the main thoroughfare with holy bones and the thick scent of incense. Granite and marble are excavated and shipped towards the site for support beams and artistry. The site’s grand features must awe all that see them, for no people must doubt in His word, or the faith of His children. (-60,000 gold towards Wonder [110,000/150,000])

-New ports spring up from the newly constructed cities. The lords there are quick to organise the trade routes, warehouses, and the local port authority to keep the perfidious foreign traders efficient in their shipping habits. Various other commissaries and offices spring up around them as the Commonwealth bureaucracy begins its standard expansion. (-25,500 gold towards two ports)

-Private merchants apply for proper credentials and approval for their stalls and shops to be opened in the newly expanded metropolises. Like all honest citizens, they are patient, and understand the need for excessive paperwork and ratification from the authorities. (-17,000 gold towards two merchant’s guilds)

-Several thousand more citizens are recruited into the force, with promises of fair pay for the righteous work that must be done for the Commonwealth to thrive and prosper. They will make excellent line infantry. (-24,000 gold towards 3000 T3 medium infantry)

-Many of the larger recruits are fitted for heavier armour. Their training is harder, and they are fed on barley stew and large helpings of beef to build muscle. They don their thick, steel helms and prepare for the conflicts to come. (-36,000 gold towards 3000 T3 heavy infantry)

-Two more settlements pop up, as daring fishermen claim settlements upon the well-traveled islands at the north-most reaches of Commonwealth territory. Quite the dangerous act during a war. (-9500 gold towards two settlements)
47HnnRO.jpg

14,150 remaining in vault.

Population: 12,987,467 citizens.

Cities & Investments:
Ruhn (Merchant’s Guild, Temple, Military Academy, Church, LT Stone Walls)
Bruger (Merchant’s Guild, Temple)
Riveruhn (Merchant’s Guild, Temple, T Stone Walls)
Shatterbridge (Merchant’s Guild, Port, Temple)

Leberstadt (Merchant’s Guild, Port, Temple)
Barter Town (Merchant’s Guild)
Staublund (Merchant’s Guild, Port, Temple)
Eichenholz (Merchant’s Guild, T stone walls)(Next turn)
Shadowcliff (Merchant’s Guild, Port, T Stone Walls)(Next turn)

Aschengrube (Merchant’s Guild)
Carroburg (Merchant’s Guild, Port)
Brakkenbridge (Merchant’s Guild, Port)
Krokodilsee (Town)
Kargholz (Town)
Deepwater (Merchant’s Guild, Port)(Next turn)
Blackwood (Town)
Deepwood (Town)
Mount Ortmeir (Town)
Skinner’s Lane (Town)
Highcrag (Town)
Hollenweg (Town)
Beggar’s Point (Merchant’s Guild, Port)(Next turn)
Brazier (Town)
Klippen (Town)
Wasser (Town)
Fischer (Town)
Pigswatch (Town)(Next turn)
Spree (Town)(Next turn)
Arrogance (Settlement)(Next turn)
Demut (Settlement)(Next turn)

Defensive Structures:
Fortress Bergen
Pigstop Keep

Other Investments:
51 Farm stacks (55 next turn)
20 Manufactories
21 barracks (24 next turn)

Trade Partners:
Kingdom of Danwent,
Empire of Bourdeleaux,
Auldhuin Hierarchy of Melda,
The Passans,
Kingdom of Hakkan,
Galaharan League,
Free Cities,

Surya.

Edited by Catostrophy

latest?cb=20140505193226

Galaharian League

Duke Giovenco Barbaro paced his court room, brooding. Only dark news came out of two forest now. But one seemed far more dire then the other. He himself had spoken to the Passan of the potential darkness to their south. If what his Captains and the Passanese Lord Commanders reported, they trouble had only just begun. But suspicion of a few sentries missing was hardly grounds for radical action. The Duke is also too busy in his Capital, with unfolding events in the League. For now the garrison is put on high alert, the 6,000 or so men [fewer now with all those missing] and the Passan contingent diligently guard the Merchant Road, and Storm Keep. “Black Barbaro” Giovenco’s illegitimate son, is dispatched with some small reinforcements to lead the Storm Keep garrison. 

desert-travelers-city-castle-walls-peopl

In Batista’s Landing, events that have been boiling within the League for a long time had come to a breaking point. Many factions and levels of Government operated in the League. Though the Duke was the head of state, the senate, guilds, and local governors all had power of their own. This was proving a recurring problem for House Barbaro. Lord Jovani of Storm’s Way had proven this, as had the potential threat of House Salvanzo with Leonessa as it’s heir. Though Ormanno was a fast friend, House Sforza was still it’s own dynasty with it’s own goals. They supported the old way, old money, slavery. Giovenco had increasingly been pushing for stability and order within the League. The Guilds and Ivory Bank supported their Duke, a massive boon to his political machinations. 

Long ago in his youth the Duke had foolishly tried to end Slavery from afar. It had almost sparked a civil war, and was denied. Giovenco would not contest it, it was too firmly entrenched in Galahar’s history. But he had learned from it. Sforza and the conservative faction had used the Senate to overrule the Duke’s commands. But now they were abroad, while Giovenco ruled the Capital. As the year progresses, the Duke uses his considerable reputation and coffers to sway many Leaguesmen over to his side. Lord Salvanzo and his considerable army, fleet, and city of Throatavilla also backed the Duke alongside Ivory, the financial heart of the league. All want peace, an end to the possible wars that never seem to end. One other party is the thousands of wounded and maimed soilders from the dozens of conflicts. Millions of Galaharians lived in peace, while they bled for foreign goals and ideas.

And so the votes continue to pile in for this years Senate elections....

Population;  9,979,278

Income; 190.5k Gold

Mod Actions

[!] Dispatching the Duke’s illegitimate Son and 300 Heavy Infantry/200 Leagues-Men to reinforce Storm Keep/increase patrols.

[!] Exploration Caravel/Ori Sforza continue alone the coast of Aros past Hilmedhi, heading to rumors of a Des

[!] Offering 5k Slaves of fine Carrow stock to the Global market for sale.

Financial Actions

Gift to Men of Aulem -5k

Building City -15k

2 Port and Merchants Guild -50k

Recruiting 3,000 T3 Medium Infantry -24k

Recruiting 2,000 Leagues-Men -13k 

Building 4 Trading Companies -28k

Numerian payment -15k

Building 8 Farms -40k

Treasury +.5k