Sign in to follow this  
TarreBear

February Community Newsletter

37 minutes ago, Its_Just_Leap said:

Any other guild or community that didn’t meet the requirements to get land have to do the same. Sucks.

Its not difficult or hard to get mina, quit acting like its something that’s in high demand. 

The staff should either massively inflate the economy right away in 7.0 so that the incredibly high charter prices seem lower, or they should just lower the charter prices. At the beginning of new maps the economy is typically less inflated and those charter prices look high even with the currently deflated value of minas in late Atlas. If none of those happen then communities will be landless for the first few months of the map unless a nation lets them live on their plot.

If the staff really cared about stopping decentralization, they’d stop Nations from trying to expand outwards with a billion Counties, Duchies, and Castles all inhabited by people with no reason to live outside of the Nation Capital besides extra storage space and a fancy title. While making Charters expensive would have a similar effect, it also messes with communities that have legitimate reasons to want to live outside a Nation’s tile.

So my personal solution would be to lower Charter costs, yet limit the amount of Charters that can be sponsored by Nations in order to stop the decentralization of said Nations.

@TarreBear 

So, a few questions/concerns:

RESOURCE PITS:

1. The resource pits should not be on someone’s owned land. That is ASKING for trouble. If you’re going to split the resources up around the map, sure, that’s a bit annoying but I guess it makes sense RP-wise even if it’s going to take even LONGER for smaller settlements and guilds to re-start on this map. It took days to build what I have even WITH the resource island, but I digress. PLEASE do NOT put resource pits anywhere but neutral areas. That’s power no nation, guild, or group should hold.
  2. Will there be flower/bonemeal pits? Getting flowers (and the dyes specific to certain flowers) was a huge pain before the change of adding those things, because it was a choice of making land-scars/stealing from builds because there weren’t enough (any?) skeleton mobs spawning to grow your own, or somehow find someone that was selling the flowers.

ITEM VAULTS: (pardon me for asking here, because it seems the “Vaults and You” thread is pretty dead/not being looked at anymore)

1. One of the items I want to put in my vault is a voting-for-30-days thing enchanted golden hoe, and although @FlamboyantNewEra said in this thread that it would be ok to be put in my vault, the item is soulbound and thus cannot be placed in my enderchest to be converted. The rules in that thread’s first post seemed to conflict, saying if it’s enchanted it NEEDS to be converted or I WILL lose it, without it being replaced. I’m kinda confused. Is it, or is it not going to be able to be put in my vault?
  2. Can soulbound things in GENERAL be put in vaults? I also have a few other signed RP items so I don’t know how they can be put in my vault.
  3. Also to do with vaults: when are they opened? I’ve gotten mixed messages and how will we know when they’re opened? Will you be pinging (@/everyone) us on the Discord?
  4. I have 3 characters. How will I be able to get the items I want from all 3 into the vault? Forgive me if these are stupid questions, I don’t know how they work as this is the first map transfer I’ve been through. Will a staff member be helping me and thus have to wait for my persona-change cooldown to be up?

Why keep fenn as a nation but wipe out snow elf subrace?

like saving someone from an execution just so you can do it yourself.

@TarreBear 

@FlamboyantNewEra  please answer when you can to the questions I posed above.

It kinda all needs to be answered before the vault opens and 7.0 launches

On 2/6/2019 at 6:29 AM, Bananasaurus said:

1. Will there be flower/bonemeal pits? Getting flowers (and the dyes specific to certain flowers) was a huge pain before the change of adding those things, because it was a choice of making land-scars/stealing from builds because there weren’t enough (any?) skeleton mobs spawning to grow your own, or somehow find someone that was selling the flowers.
  2. Can soulbound things in GENERAL be put in vaults? I also have a few other signed RP items so I don’t know how they can be put in my vault.
  3. Also to do with vaults: when are they opened? I’ve gotten mixed messages and how will we know when they’re opened? Will you be pinging (@/everyone) us on the Discord?
  4. I have 3 characters. How will I be able to get the items I want from all 3 into the vault? Forgive me if these are stupid questions, I don’t know how they work as this is the first map transfer I’ve been through. Will a staff member be helping me and thus have to wait for my persona-change cooldown to be up?

Most of your questions you will also want to direct towards @SeventhCircle. I’ll try and answer what I can though just to get you a response as soon as possible!

1. Regarding flower / bonemeal. At the moment I believe you can purchase bonemeal at the admin Cloud Temple shops. Though I empathise with the issue regarding flowers especially. I’ll look into seeing if we can get a admin CT florist set up for Arcas.
  2. Yes they can. You need to do the command /soulbind [remove/unbind/un] (e.g: /soulbind remove) while holding the soulbound item. Once you’ve done that, the item will be unsoulbound and you can then move it around to other inventories such as the Ender Chest.
  3. There’ll be announcement following the release of the Vaults, don’t worry!
  4. The slots are limited to 18 per account. You’ll have to combine together all the items from your characters and see which ones you’d like to take across. Alternatively, you can try and see if other players will help you take them across – but keep in mind that this action is not staff-endorsed; players aren’t obliged to assist others, and we won’t make them. But if any mishaps happen we can still try to assist as best as possible for you.