[Your View] Charters, Nation Status and Dependent Status!

SeventhCircle

Is there a system for current groups that may have just missed nation status in Atlas to get an early adoption charter? Mina costs here are pretty good, but the fact stands that the server’s economy is always deflated when we hit new maps – is there a chance we can, say, spend current map mina to get a starting charter if we have the requisite activity/signatures?

*prices and rules are subject to change.

With a nod to tortoise, what someone (maybe me) could do when charters are accepted or denied track who signs what and limit you to one signature for your account? Accounts must have forum and enough play time to count as a legit signature.

No alts, no spamming. If you dont want to be part of a charter anyone you request it and the charter would be put on notice if they fail to have enough signatures.

2 hours ago, 6xdestroyer said:

GiVe ThE daRk ELvEs A cHArtEr ❤️

@SeventhCircle @Fireheart_

Work for it, they owe your nation nothing.

Well, the Charter Prices seem a lot better now that they’ve been lowered.

However, to prevent Nations from decentralizing themselves a ton, there should be a limit on how many dependents a Nation can have.

4 hours ago, NotEvilAtAll said:

Well, the Charter Prices seem a lot better now that they’ve been lowered.

However, to prevent Nations from decentralizing themselves a ton, there should be a limit on how many dependents a Nation can have.

Well you can only be dependent if your in a tile next to the nation tile... think it tops out at 4 on the tile map...

On ‎2‎/‎7‎/‎2019 at 10:55 PM, Haelunor said:

Is there a system for current groups that may have just missed nation status in Atlas to get an early adoption charter? Mina costs here are pretty good, but the fact stands that the server’s economy is always deflated when we hit new maps – is there a chance we can, say, spend current map mina to get a starting charter if we have the requisite activity/signatures?

This is something that’d be pretty aight for a small amount of the people who are tryna go and raise a charter next map, would like to know @World Developer/ @SeventhCircle what you folks believe.

On 2/8/2019 at 2:39 AM, Its_Just_Leap said:

Work for it, they owe your nation nothing.

They have worked for it. They’ve been doing their RP and I see them around actively.

I’m not sure if they had an activity region or a specific area they focused their RP, and as far as I know, they’ve mostly wandered and done their RP in multiple places. If I’m wrong, please correct me on that though haha.

Would love to see that group get a charter after all the work I’ve seen them put in. xx

Also, the formatting on this post made me want to shoot myself in the head.

On 2/7/2019 at 9:02 PM, SeventhCircle said:

Freebuild is coming a bit later but basically yes we want to keep the freebuild area seperate from charters to avoid alot of the nastiness we got this map from it. It’s a lot smaller in an area though and more contained to a specific area of the map. Here’s the original post btw  https://www.lordofthecraft.net/forums/topic/178769-charter-system-your-view/

Awesome thank you for the link. What was that about free-build being implemented after the launch, though? Where does that leave us homeless neutral people? Will there be various biomes to choose from?

Also, still some concerns though:

On 2/7/2019 at 9:00 PM, Bananasaurus said:

If I build a temporary headquaters for my guildmembers to be housed and have guild meetings in, will we be able to apply for a tier 1 charter if/when we gather up the mina and signatures? Will our freebuild be automatically erased? Are there rules/information somewhere on the new freebuild system somewhere, specifically activity and such?

On 2/7/2019 at 10:11 PM, xxx said:

Remove the Cloud Temple Ring, or the Cloud Temple altogether. Playable monks were sacked years ago and there’s no RP reason for a group that doesn’t really even exist to own land. The Cloud Temple, with its clutter, its lack of a clear IC purpose, and its massive empty “ring,” only stands to make the map less intuitive for new players. Instead of zoning off the land around CT for fear that charters will inhabit it and starve every other nation for players, implement smart racial spawns that make the entire outdated and newbie-unfriendly concept of CT obsolete, funneling players to where they thought they were going when they wrote their application, while opening the land around the CT for non-aligned characters and groups.

I liked a lot of your suggestions but removing the CT altogether and placing new players in various parts of the map would, firstly, be a nightmare to code because the NPCs specific to giving new players a tutorial would have to be placed in each racial area and would take up a lot of space in nations people worked hard to attain and build.

Secondly, not every character is tied to their race. My dark elf, for example, has nothing to do with other dark elves and they don’t even have their own city. That also leaves non-sub-race elves. humans, and dwarves with nowhere to be spawned in, or too MANY places to be spawned in, in the case of humans.

I hate how large th CT ring is in Atlas and would welcome a much smaller one or none at all, though. It’d be neat to just have a circular road around the CT with the nations just on the other side, so newbies and oldies alike don’t have to trek out into the BFE. That’s kind of already being fixed, though, what with the nation ring being closest to the CT.

</shrug>

15 hours ago, Bananasaurus said:

Awesome thank you for the link. What was that about free-build being implemented after the launch, though? Where does that leave us homeless neutral people? Will there be various biomes to choose from?

Also, still some concerns though:

I liked a lot of your suggestions but removing the CT altogether and placing new players in various parts of the map would, firstly, be a nightmare to code because the NPCs specific to giving new players a tutorial would have to be placed in each racial area and would take up a lot of space in nations people worked hard to attain and build.

Secondly, not every character is tied to their race. My dark elf, for example, has nothing to do with other dark elves and they don’t even have their own city. That also leaves non-sub-race elves. humans, and dwarves with nowhere to be spawned in, or too MANY places to be spawned in, in the case of humans.

I hate how large th CT ring is in Atlas and would welcome a much smaller one or none at all, though. It’d be neat to just have a circular road around the CT with the nations just on the other side, so newbies and oldies alike don’t have to trek out into the BFE. That’s kind of already being fixed, though, what with the nation ring being closest to the CT.

</shrug>

Not removing the CT altogether, getting rid of every player spawning in the CT. How is that difficult to code? You could make it work with zero coding whatsoever. Spawn new players in a corridor with the tutorial, ending in an atrium leading to rooms labeled “I am a human,” “I am an elf,” etc. (signs/floating text, which we already have). These rooms contain warps (which we also already have) to each racial hub, with a brief list of connected cities on the wall. An additional room would take you to the cloud temple, which serves as the non-aligned character hub. This streamlines the entire process of spawning in, reading the tutorial, and getting each player where they want to go. No one is suggesting that we should make individual spawns for cities, but rather we should create hubs from which people can take a direct route to their character’s home from. 

Lots of people have said “but what if new players don’t want to join a nation, my character isn’t part of a nation,” but almost every new applicant writes that their character comes from the current human/elf/dwarf capital. Very few people actually write non-aligned characters without already having a group they want to join from the gate. They naturally want to go there when they join, but they spawn in this completely random “cloud temple” place. It’s cluttered, full of people semi-OOCly wandering around, with a bunch of admin shops full of **** they can’t afford and a banker and auctioneer they have no real need to use. To top that off, there’s no clearly labeled path to the city they want to go to, just a labyrinth of signs telling them to go this way for “humans,” the other way for “dwarves,” etc. If you look at the way the ring road is laid out this is going to be a huge problem with player retention for 7.0, people spawning in with no clear direction where to go, getting lost, and quitting first day. 

There’s no reason to get rid of the CT, but making new players spawn there is like starting a pokémon game in the Celadon department store. It’s bad design. Racial spawns are more resourceful, allowing us to use the CT ring for non-aligned nations instead of for nothing, while helping center the map around playable cities instead of an OOC landmark. 

Edited by xxx

On ‎2‎/‎8‎/‎2019 at 4:09 PM, Hiebe said:

Well you can only be dependent if your in a tile next to the nation tile... think it tops out at 4 on the tile map...

According to the way that the post is worded, a nation could create large strings of dependent charters by waiting the probationary period and then tagging additional dependants onto those once the terms for tile control are met.

“The charter must be in an adjacent tile that is controlled by the Sponsoring Nation. . . A dependent can only give full control of a tile once the regular criteria for a controlled tile are met and the dependent is no longer in charter probation.”

Note the word “give”, which implies the sponsor nation controlling the tile and not the dependent, thus allowing for the mentioned strings of dependents

@SeventhCircle @Telanir Also, could this be answered?

“Looking for clarification here,

Is it possible for a charter to upgrade to nation status while on a tile shared with unaffiliated charters? If so, what happens to the access of the other charters to the tile? Will it ever be possible for charters to establish themselves in contested/controlled tiles? That last one is directed towards dependants being established in untouched tiles, and how/whether it would instantly cause them to shift to controlled status.”

Replace that final mention of controlled status with contested status. Thanks for taking a bit of time to look it over ?

I do have a few questions on this, and my apologies if they’ve already been answered and I’ve missed them. Will having a charter independent of any nation grant those within the charter access to commodities such as SS pillars, mines, bankers/auctioneers, and the like? And how will charter owners go about getting them? Also, is it true that charters will have their own (albeit small) regions for region perms? Aaaaand is there a map that shows all of the charter areas and/or tiles yet?

On 2/16/2019 at 12:50 AM, Fiyaleh said:

I do have a few questions on this, and my apologies if they’ve already been answered and I’ve missed them. Will having a charter independent of any nation grant those within the charter access to commodities such as SS pillars, mines, bankers/auctioneers, and the like? And how will charter owners go about getting them? Also, is it true that charters will have their own (albeit small) regions for region perms? Aaaaand is there a map that shows all of the charter areas and/or tiles yet?

I would also like to know these things. +1

The Charter of Leykant

Submitted by Yamakami  « EmberTheLight »

Located at coordinates  X 1531.994 Y 53 Z 1582.681

Tier level of [1]

I sign this (Never done this but I was told this way)