Been Here Since the Server Opened, AMA

Eleatic

Just now, shoahinsnowyfields said:

Orc, Human, Dwarf or Elf. 

There are a couple sub-races of each you can look at on the wiki but you can just be a generic one of each and pick subrace later or whatever. 

Ok, thank you

On 2/9/2019 at 3:31 PM, NotEvilAtAll said:

I agree with you here. People spend a lot of time worrying about making their builds be really detailed, even if those extra details won’t affect the roleplay in said build. Heck, sometimes it’s possible for people to overdo the detail, making their build look sloppy as a result. Also, when all the builds are really detailed it discourages new players from trying to build things since they’d never be able to build with the same detail as everything else.

Another problem with overly-detailed builds is that settlements rarely if ever change/evolve and if they do it’s done immersion-shatteringly by men flying in the sky, because the builders both get overly attached to their exact set out schematic and also it’s so hard to change/expand etc. the build and keep within the style when the style’s so complex. So it rarely gets done and when it is done it’s in creative mode with the schematic already made on some build server in advance, with flying AFK men revamping the whole thing in a day. You rarely see builds slowly grow and change like we saw the whole time in Aegis, with Laurelin extending for infinity or Al’khazar’s empty spaces slowly filling out before it started to sprawl into the surrounding area. Can’t remember much of Asulon but I think it and early Anthos were much the same, since both were before schematica became a thing and before builders started seeing creative mode as a God-given right. 

To bring this back on topic, Eleatic, what were your favourite cities in any map? And what do you think in general of how build styles have evolved over time, and particular what do you think of textured builds(the style you see everywhere now where every road, etc. has to have like 5 blocks interspersed at random)?

This might be a dumb question, but do you have to change your skin to play? I assume not, but I’m not sure. Thanks in advance.

October... uwu cute

Who was your favorite GM in Aegis?

On 2/9/2019 at 2:30 AM, Salvo said:

How do you feel that compared to me (Ancient June 2011 race) you’re nothing but a drooling noob?

On 2/8/2019 at 9:31 PM, Ever said:

October, eh? That’s cute. ?

Memes aside:

1. Favorite event?
  2. Favorite singular character?
  3. Favorite build? Whether it be a city, monument, etc.

You're both scrubs

May 2011

2 minutes ago, Hiebe said:

You're both scrubs

May 2011

Show off, May when tho?

14 minutes ago, Charles_Grimlie said:

Show off, May when tho?

24th

How’d you manage to stay for so long, old friend?