Sign in to follow this  
arockstar28

Discord widget & forum cleaning.

https://gyazo.com/d7176d17e2bebb18c50688ff29c4fe04

This gyazo pretty much says it all.  It’s a ridiculously long scroll. 

Maybe also plaster our public discord on the right side of the forums, so new players or players in general can be encouraged to join? It’s not really helpful when it’s on the ingame tab or community meeting posts. It might improve player retention. Plus, it doesn’t take much effort to do – simple copy and paste.

3 minutes ago, drfate786 said:

The server’s info on the home section is out of date.

Yeah, but it’s an image so they have to get someone artsy to redo it.

8 minutes ago, arockstar28 said:

I’d redo it but then I’d either have to do it all from scratch with screenshots of the next map or I’d need a document with all of the separate layers of the current image. Ideally, I’d rather just figure out how they made those minecraft models and just redo them with more up to date content.

Edit: I could also just photoshop the teamspeak section away and replace it with our discord.

2 minutes ago, drfate786 said:

I’d redo it but then I’d either have to do it all from scratch with screenshots of the next map or I’d need a document with all of the separate layers of the current image. Ideally, I’d rather just figure out how they made those minecraft models and just redo them with more up to date content.

Edit: I could also just photoshop the teamspeak section away and replace it with our discord.

Yes but my point is, just make it easy for the players. Have the little 

007569532fd5c6c1de0fb6359943cb35.png

On the side or something. It’s nice, clean, and modern.  

31 minutes ago, arockstar28 said:

Yes but my point is, just make it easy for the players. Have the little 

On the side or something. It’s nice, clean, and modern.  

I agree, you’d have to ask Tythus that question though.

Edit: He’d likely have to move the ad space somewhere since it’d be in the way.

The widget used to be on the front page. Dunno who removed it.

16 hours ago, arockstar28 said:

I’ll suggest it to one of the higher ups and see if we can begin work on an updated front page, thank you for bringing this to my attention. We’re currently in the process of forming the new “media team” (merged with CT) so we’re looking for more projects to currently do. Even though my main strength falls into video editing, I’m also very skilled with photoshop. In addition with such matters we just got a new artist on board (Hi @rwko) so we might be able to make a really nice looking front page that looks refreshing!

4 hours ago, Bluee said:

I’ll suggest it to one of the higher ups and see if we can begin work on an updated front page, thank you for bringing this to my attention. We’re currently in the process of forming the new “media team” (merged with CT) so we’re looking for more projects to currently do. Even though my main strength falls into video editing, I’m also very skilled with photoshop. In addition with such matters we just got a new artist on board (Hi @rwko) so we might be able to make a really nice looking front page that looks refreshing!

I am just saying personally that this widget should be somewhere, which is something the development team can do in two seconds.