Sign in to follow this  
AgentMemory

Promote Good Combat RP, Please.

Long Story Short I was approached by a farfolk human in the Sutica town square and was one emoted. All that was said was “Hi.” Followed by my response of “What?” Then followed by (Name)*Plunges his sword deep into her stomach.* There was no motive, there was no chance for any response. This was a complete one emote kill and I feel robbed of any possible RP that could’ve occurred. I decided to just push it to PvP after 0 response from GMs in over 5 mins. I am then messaged by a GM in the middle of the PvP about the incident so I pause to try and respond, I am then killed in PvP and told I can either PK or go to the CT. I was trying to explain to him that you can’t make people PK their characters but then I just decided I’d rather head to the CT. In Sutica normally folks don’t tell people to d40 so I assumed that this was him telling me to SS. I take out my SS and then continue to explain to him how you can’t make people PK in OOC. Mid OOC he starts clicking on me with his sword so I run and am downed and killed. The GM sees this entire thing and does nothing. Overall I’m pretty upset and saddened by the whole occurrence and just wanted to make it known that this stuff is stupid. Sorry for the rant, just upset and needed to put it on the forums.

So you were attacked and decided to call PvP, stopped mid-PvP to respond to a PM (that you could have ignored till PvP was over) and got downed, there was some miscommunication about what going to CT meant and the attacker decided to pop you. Sorry, I am a little lost – Did you try talking with the person you felt hard done by with being supposedly one-emoted? You were the one who called PvP, so if you want is to promote good CRP then why did you not stick to emote based combat? 

Immediately after the person did their emote they put into qooc “How do you want to do this.” I have to admit I was a little flustered by the approach out of no where and the one emote kill while I was just sitting in the square. I wanted to go to PvP because I felt that trying to argue with this person would be a waste of time if they were only in the RP for the outcome. It was obvious from what they put in qooc that they only cared for the pixels and nothing more. I just feel like GMs could’ve handled the situation better and that they shouldn’t have to in the first place because stuff like that shouldn’t happen on LoTC

4 minutes ago, AgentMemory said:

Immediately after the person did their emote they put into qooc “How do you want to do this.” I have to admit I was a little flustered by the approach out of no where and the one emote kill while I was just sitting in the square. I wanted to go to PvP because I felt that trying to argue with this person would be a waste of time if they were only in the RP for the outcome. It was obvious from what they put in qooc that they only cared for the pixels and nothing more. I just feel like GMs could’ve handled the situation better and that they shouldn’t have to in the first place because stuff like that shouldn’t happen on LoTC

So you chose to do PvP under the notion that you believed that they were going to argue over everything but how do you expect people to promote good combat role-play when you yourself cannot even be bothered to assist in helping someone become better at emote based fighting? Them asking how you want to do combat did not indicate that they were only there for pixels as you had the power to not put it into PvP, from the context given it sounds like he only cared about creating an antagonistic (in role-play) environment where his character was trying to assault and kill yours. How exactly should the Moderators have handled this situation better? From everything you have put in, you couldn’t be bothered to wait 5 minutes and instead chose to continue forth with PvP (completely in your right to do) and when a Moderator contacted you mid-PvP you chose to respond instead of waiting till after the conflict (which you are allowed to do), then after being downed the person asked if you would either like to PK or go to CT to which you answered CT due to them not being able to force a PK and instead of asking if you could SS (since you said you assumed it) and getting the individuals permission you went ahead to do so before him hitting to down you again which ultimately led to you being popped, all the while Moderator watching. They killed you and have the right to pop you, not sure where you believe the Moderator should have stepped in and I am not sure why you are stating that ‘stuff like that shouldn’t happen on LotC’ because quite honestly you got killed and popped after deciding to go PvP – So we shouldn’t allow people to have the choice that may or may not end in them being popped? Everything given adds up to a perfectly acceptable thing.

you only made this post because you lost on PvP and ur angry you lost your iron armor + iron sword and food that can be bought with one day voting

ok i’ll go now because i need to use the bathroom

If the RP is so bad why don’t you make a modreq or try resolving it with the players in question? If they won’t listen then why not ban report them with the intent of having them blacklisted from villainy or just simply punished in some way? Don’t complain on the forums and actually do something that can change this situation around. There’s very little we staff can do when we have little to no information and most of it is hearsay and logs.

2 hours ago, drfate786 said:

If the RP is so bad why don’t you make a modreq or try resolving it with the players in question? If they won’t listen then why not ban report them with the intent of having them blacklisted from villainy or just simply punished in some way? Don’t complain on the forums and actually do something that can change this situation around. There’s very little we staff can do when we have little to no information and most of it is hearsay and logs.

This post is dumb, but relying on Mods/GMs to show up in a timely manner is the worst option, else you may stand around for 30 minutes to an hour. Anyways, if anyone is doing bad RP combat just call them out on it, don't hold back.

6 hours ago, drfate786 said:

I love how you say ‘we staff’ as if you have any real sway in matters like this. Very Humble.

listen ur my pal, save, but exactly what sky said. you lost in pvp after calling pvp. thats on you :/

6 hours ago, Elennanore said:

This post is dumb, but relying on Mods/GMs to show up in a timely manner is the worst option, else you may stand around for 30 minutes to an hour. Anyways, if anyone is doing bad RP combat just call them out on it, don't hold back.

I said to call a gm OR try resolving it with the player in question. You gotta read what I say carefully man.

3 hours ago, Novastral said:

I love how you say ‘we staff’ as if you have any real sway in matters like this. Very Humble.

I may not be able to answer a modreq or ban report and do anything but I can sure as hell give them my opinion in staff lobby. The worst thing you can do as a staff member is get Joel or me to chew you out in staff lobby, lmao.

6 minutes ago, drfate786 said:

I may not be able to answer a modreq or ban report and do anything but I can sure as hell give them my opinion in staff lobby. The worst thing you can do as a staff member is get Joel or me to chew you out in staff lobby, lmao.

👌

@AgentMemory If you have issues with a New Player (im assuming this is a new player) acting in this fashion, please take screenshots and report it directly to a Community Staff member so we can try and help correct their behaviour before Mods have to get involved.

I was actually the one who popped her, I can see her confusion in most of this but I technically won fair and square. I am hurt that you would say that I was pixel hungry, and not correct your statement after I gave you back the items for the confusion. Personally after seeing this post, I kinda wish I didn’t. Ps She had full pvp gear and all I had was a sword and she still lost.

Edited by 723ctttt

On 2/12/2019 at 7:30 AM, drfate786 said:

The worst thing you can do as a staff member is get Joel or me to chew you out in staff lobby, lmao.

please dont associate with me thanks