Medieval Age 1203 AD OOC

Imperium

OOC APP

Nation name: Kingdom of Portugal

Population: 900,000 (mostly Roman-Catholic)

Summary of History: During this age, the Kingdom of Portugal was not very large but it did control most of the Western Coast of the Iberian Peninsula. Over the next few decades, the Kings of Portugal would continue on the war with the Moors until the Algarve was conquered. This would ensure the rule of the Portuguese. Currently the King of Portugal is Sancho I, or Sancho the Popular.

Discord: You have it

Military: Estimated Manpower size: 135,000

Popular Units: Spears or Long-axes. Also known for their great Naval capabilities against the Moors.

Portugal Flag:

King Sancho the Popular:

Nation name: Order of Brothers of the German House of Saint Mary in Jerusalem. AKA: Teutonic Order

Population: 11,000 (Pure MANPOWER)

Summary of History: The Teutonic Order was founded in Acre, in the Kingdom of Jerusalem during the siege of the city in 1190. It was originally  founded as a hospital for German pilgrims, but in 1198 it was transformed into a military Order. Papal orders were received to fight crusades, conquer the holy land and convert any pagans they would come across. After the Third Crusade though, the order returned to Europe, retreating to their new seat in Vienna.

Discord: u got it

Nation name: Abbassid Caliphate (Ruler: Caliph al-Nasir Heir: al-Zahir)

Population: 2,000,000

Summary of History: With the great decline of the Caliphate, the Muslim world, is being united under a different power of the Ayyubid sultanate. Holding the last great city of Islam ...Bagdad, the Abbassid on their last knee, but in prosperity look to find a way to unite the ummah.

Discord: RhythmrhymE#7874

Edited by TheodoreSampson

Nation name: Azerbaijan

Population: 1,500,000

Summary of History: There is little known history on the nation at this time period ( First date actually stated where I was reading was 1722 ) so I will use what I am able to find and use it to the best of my abilities.Bloody Discord: Bloody Aoika #2881

Edited by diamondsatiel
Adding my discord tag

1 minute ago, diamondsatiel said:

Nation name: Azerbaijan

Population: 1,500,000

Summary of History: There is little known history on the nation at this time period ( First date actually stated where I was reading was 1722 ) so I will use what I am able to find and use it to the best of my abilities.

discord

OOC APPLICATION

Nation name: Mosul

Population: 800K

Summary of History: With their current leader, (made up name cuz ligit no history for this time) Abdul-Hazeem, he worked hard on unifying the Muslim world, witnessing the end of Salah al-deen's reign, He worked on growing his army, and increasing security for his lands, the muslim world in a tension with the crusaders, he began working on trade routs to the east to secure from any blockade. What he does next shall be read in history of honestly and justice!

Discord: you got it

I done messed up with this post XP

Edited by TheodoreSampson

OOC APP

Nation name: Republic of Genoa

Population: ~300k

Summary of History:

Though power was initially supposedly held by both the Emperor and Bishop, it was in all reality held by the consuls. Genoa had basically hegemony over the seas along its coast and boasts a strong fleet of ships to keep such superiority that way. Similar to its sister to the east, Genoa is a republic as well as being well equipped for trade due to its location.

Genoa has a lot of internal politics as many merchant families contest power. Currently the notable ones would be the Grimaldi, Fieschi, Doria, and Spinola, though there are many other smaller powers within the state. As well as internal politics, Genoa has seen its fair share of external politics; this is obvious by its large fleet and control over the Ligurian and Tyrrhenian. It had colonies along the Mediterranean coast including places such as the Middle East, North Africa, and the Aegean isles

Discord: Horton#4181

Edited by HortonHeardAWho