[✗] [✗] Hand Cannons; Firearms

GDPR 014

i like this

If the vaeyl have powerlines and railways I don’t see why we can’t have shitty guns

i’ve always thought (as in, since yesterday when i went on the temp map and saw powerlines and trains) that an advance of technology would be an interesting thing for the server, and that the best way to implement that would be stumbling on some previous civilization’s inventions

so this is related in that way yup

BW8D.gif

I’ll throw my hat in with Phil here. While I at one point might have been vehemently against introducing weaponry of this kind to the server, I came to a change of heart after looking over the emote counts compared to already existing magics and other such things as bows/crossbows.

The only real change here is aesthetic – and one I think would be an overall benefit to the server. I consider us medium fantasy, having been a member of the lore team for some time, and when you consider that, and look at other settings with the inclusion of guns (I’m looking at Faerun in 5e primarily) the elves still frolic, the peasants still dig mud for a living, and the wizards still have their floating castles. This adds a new avenue to pursue in rp for craftsmiths, alternatives to learning purely offensive magics such as arcanism (I need my protection!) for weaker characters, so on and so forth.

All and all, its been a long time coming, but in its current state I’m alright with what we got here.

1 minute ago, ¤Arzota¤ said:

“This adds a new avenue to pursue in rp for craftsmiths, alternatives to learning purely offensive magics such as arcanism (I need my protection!) for weaker characters, so on and so forth.”

wtf....
no in all seriousness
as a magic person myself I feel this’d be a great edition to avenues on the subject of crafting and such

I for one, support the pew-pew.

Gimme Dwarven muskets, give spook hunters gold-bullets. Dewit.

Edited by SimplySeo

5 hours ago, Sky said:

Please no. It has absolutely nothing to do with your written lore, I simply just have a personal belief that guns should not be in Lord of the Craft as I believe they do not fit the theme,

WoW had guns, Warhammer had guns. We’re a fantasy server, live a little.

Absolute +1

Dwarves used to have a gun... it was like a dessert eagle or something.... BRING BACK RUNE CANONS!!!!!