[✗] [✗] Hand Cannons; Firearms

GDPR 014

3 hours ago, Temp said:

As for the time,  is this 15 minutes IRL or during instances of actual RP? Regardless, I’d suggest that the firearm must be loaded during the RP itself and should be fine for the duration of that particular conflict. Forbid /w emotes for loading.

As for the misfire and what it does, I can’t say in good faith that everyone will have the patience to sit down and reference the guide when disputes arise in Roleplay. I’d say simplify it to simple pass / fail for sake of ease.

It depends. If you’re in combat and you load it in, its 15 minutes of roleplay time. If you’re out of it, it’s IRL time.

I can make it so there’s a default misfire, that should help. What do you think the default misfire should be?

Aha aha yeah

Server needs to progress, we’re in the 18th century now.

I read it and have to agree on this is the best lore for guns to implement, it shows the MASSIVE downsides of the flintlocks a lot of people seem to forget when they see the guns, Its time for advancement.

+1

I wholeheartedly approve of the inclusion of Firearms on the server. Please, let us AT LEAST give it a try for a couple weeks or a month. If their inclusion is going to be as destructive as some people believe, we can simply handwave as if it never happened. And if it instead does work, it’s going to benefit the server’s setting by a large margin, being the first of potentially revolutionary technological advancements that may, hopefully, shift the atmosphere from the one we’ve had for the PAST SEVEN YEARS!

Plus one Phil, keep it going.

New redline and some elaborations on redlines have been added!

Now joining the list:

On 3/1/2019 at 8:27 PM, The_Broken_God said:

When keeping the gun loaded, if one is in combat or in conflict, it takes 15 minutes RPly; however if outside of those parameters, it will take 15 minutes IRL.

Elaboration:

Differences in design, unless specified, are only aesthetic. However, there are limitation: You cannot exceed anything past the percussion cap firing mechanism (No trapdoor rifles), but something similar to a wheellock but is clockwork is valid. If there are any questions, please contact either myself or the LT.

17 hours ago, The_Broken_God said:

It depends. If you’re in combat and you load it in, its 15 minutes of roleplay time. If you’re out of it, it’s IRL time.

I can make it so there’s a default misfire, that should help. What do you think the default misfire should be?

Pistols, burns to hand and weapon disabled for the duration of that conflict.
‘RIfle’, blinded and stunned for next emote. Weapon disabled for duration of conflict.
High Powder and Blunderbuss, shrapnel to hands, face. Serious injuries suffered and unable to continue conflict without tending to wound. Weapon disabled for duration of conflict.

Give item misfire warnings on the item itself for both the attacker and victim.

Default Misfires now added in order of: Rifle, Pistol, Blunderbus, and Dragon Pistol

Default Misfire: Should a rifle misfire, the weapon will suffer something like a blowout. This means that the user will be dazed as smoke billows from all holes of the weapon, obscuring their sight. The kickback of the rifle is what makes them dazed.

Default Misfire:  When a misfire occurs, the kickback from the pistol will not only damage their hand, but burnt powder from around the primer will promptly burn the user’s hand, leaving scars and tears, though nothing to cause mass bleeding. This will surely pause the gun user, especially since the firearm will suffer some minor internal damage such as slight warps and dents to the barrel or mechanism, leading to a minus -2 modifier for roll and durability until repaired.  

Default Misfire:  When a misfire occurs, the massive kickback will daze the user, more so that their hand will be left with hampered by second degree burns, and be hit with some shrapnel from the incredibly damaged barrel, making it unusable until repaired.

For the Dragon Pistol

Default Misfire:  When a misfire occurs, the dazing kickback from the high powered pistol will not only damage their hand, but burnt powder from around the primer will promptly burn the user’s hand, incredibly so. If they are not wearing any protection, it will likely burn skin, tissue and expose charred bone. Not only that, but the close range shrapnel blast has a high possibility of shredding the hand; the weapon unusable until repaired. 

I do enjoy that this has alternations from just alchemy which is nice from you, especially ones with mana crystals instead of alchemy straight is quite good

Expanded on a redline:

• If the gunsmith is doing poor rp, or poorly teaching people how to use firearms, they should be reported; the same with the player who is poorly RP'ing the firearm. If the gunsmith is found guilty, their ability to make firearms will be taken away for a decided amount of time, likewise any firearm they made will no longer function.

It looks good, my one issue is with people “crafting them” without actually learning from someone and just saying they know it from backstory or something. If there was some type method you could implement that would enforce that only a couple people know it and they will craft them for others... cause also if everyone knows how it becomes probably a bit too much. Thats where I think maybe your 6 people helping implement it could also be the original forgers and creators, and they need to sign off on the weapon for it to be allowed to be used.

8 hours ago, BenDaMack said:

people “crafting them” without actually learning from someone and just saying they know it from backstory or something.

this isn’t the case

On 4/21/2019 at 2:12 PM, BenDaMack said:

It looks good, my one issue is with people “crafting them” without actually learning from someone and just saying they know it from backstory or something. If there was some type method you could implement that would enforce that only a couple people know it and they will craft them for others... cause also if everyone knows how it becomes probably a bit too much. Thats where I think maybe your 6 people helping implement it could also be the original forgers and creators, and they need to sign off on the weapon for it to be allowed to be used.

said person would need to learn from one of the six, or a student of the six. apologies if this is undefined. Still looking for people as well.

8 hours ago, SourDough said:

said person would need to learn from one of the six, or a student of the six. apologies if this is undefined. Still looking for people as well.

If you are still looking for people, my guy is already experienced in normal forging and is an orc in case you wanted like someone from each nation.

Just now, BenDaMack said:

If you are still looking for people, my guy is already experienced in normal forging and is an orc in case you wanted like someone from each nation.

throw me a line on discord, ill interview you. Bokratzia#8909