[✗] [Re-Write] Ghouls.

Vaasek

[Redacted]

Edited by Brazilianski

1 minute ago, Parker said:

Hm.

You love it, don’t you? Thanks.

Six? How long ago was that, because I definitely don’t remember you during whichever map came after Valor. I haven’t played during the newest map, however, so what do I know. 

Well, I’ll tell you. People don’t want zombies. The few people who enjoyed playing Morghuuls were mostly interested in playing a character who wanted to rise through the ranks and become a dark stalker. Or they wanted to play a lich’s lackey, with some semblance to a character they killed off. Or maybe they just wanted to be a part of the necromatic cause. Morghuuls were great, because they weren’t exactly zombies, but they weren’t people either. They were soulless abominations that knew nothing but despair and sorrow. A well played Morghuul can be one who greatly affects a roleplay session, even before he gets hungry. 

Until people started using them for family rp and absolutely ruined them. 

People dont want to play mindless zombies. There is no character here. These are good for nothing except eating people rp. No one wanted it before, and that’s what brought on Morghuuls. And character aside, without necromancy, there is literally no purpose for a ghoul. At all. It’s just an excuse for the avid pvper to run and gun down some people on the road, and I think most people will understand who I’m referring to. This is good for nothing except NPCs, which now that I think about, this may be exactly what this was made for? But didn’t you say somewhere in there that you liked ghoul rp until people ruined it? Idk. 

-1 from the Trusted Ghoul, it needs to stay dead while necromancy is dead. 

Edit: Tl;dr This is nothing a ghoul once stood for. This has no character. This has less soul than a Morghuul. This would only be good for a PvP goon. -1 bad rewrite

Another Edit: Did you speak to any other ghoul players before writing this?

Edited by KiausT (The Alpha ****)

This is VERY barebones, and would be even worse with just being mindless PvP machines. You’ve stripped all the purpose and ideas behind the original lore, so, nah. -1

Nah

1 hour ago, Brazilianski said:

but sadly, necromancy and the people who had it, ruined the way ghouls worked, who roleplayed ghouls and how they behaved, acted

**** you

ghouls were absolute garbage and the people who played them didn’t know how to roleplay them correctly

2 hours ago, Abyssus said:

**** you

ghouls were absolute garbage and the people who played them didn’t know how to roleplay them correctly

It’s not just that, even if they knew how to RP them they were basically just hunger driven slaves that HAD to kill and eat players to survive if a Necro couldn’t feed them life force. Even then, that life force also had to come from killing players since plants didn’t give enough and there were no other means of obtaining it.

3 hours ago, Abyssus said:

**** you

Can confirm, I played a ghoul and it was the worst decision of my LoTC life.

well this is redacted already

well uh

uh

This Lore has been denied. Self denied.

Topic moved to Denied Lore forum.