__June

I looked up at the darkened sky, the stars twinkling faintly. Midnight, I thought to myself, Where is she? As I looked around, I spotted a figure on the rocks, wondering if it was my fiance. I started walking towards it, hoping I was right. Then I heard it. Faintly at first, but an eerie song carried through the air, reaching me and sending chills down my spine. I walked forwards, not even noticing that I was moving towards the creature. Its song started drawing me towards it, and as I got closer, I realized my mistake. But by then it was too late. I examined the creature, its elegant features being quite terrifying up close. Once I was close enough, it hit me to the ground with its powerful tail, then dove into the water and swam further out, using its beautiful song to drag me to my demise...

Sirens are born of watery deaths, and depending on your appearance beforehand, the changes you may go through while becoming one may vary. The features of these creatures are similar to those of elves while they're on land. They're fairly tall with pointed ears. However, a defining characteristic of these creatures is that of their dark hair and dark eyes. To become a siren, one must find a 'bottomless pool' of water. Once there, you drop an item made of aurum into the water as a sacrifice. You then dive into the water without any armor or weapons. Two beautiful sirens will rush towards you and end your mortal life. From there, your character will undergo some changes, they will grow taller and their ears will become more pointed, but while in the water, their legs will change, becoming powerful tails, their fingers almost turning to claws, their eyes will become an inky black, and they won't need to breathe while in the water, allowing them to stay beneath the water for as long as they desire. After they're turned to sirens for the first time, they can go back onto land, although it will take 30 Elven Minutes to go back to their 'human form.' However, when they wish to return to the water, it takes 5 Elven Minutes to become a siren once more.

Not a whole lot of lore written for these, and the whole thing is p vague. Also we already have Sirens, so -1

2 hours ago, Slothtastic said:

Not a whole lot of lore written for these, and the whole thing is p vague. Also we already have Sirens, so -1

No we do not

Although, Sirens might be a tad’ overpowered with their song magic and all....

What does more “pointed” ears mean exactly? Do they just gain elven ears? How would an orc with this feature look, for instance? Does the transformation happen every time they come in contact with any source of water? Once they transform, do they have to wait for 30 minutes out of water to transform back to their disguised form? How does the transformation work, really? Is there any magic to it? The whole concept of dropping aurum at the bottom of the ocean seems bizarre and out of the blue.

@jetboydan@Unwillingly Yes, we already have sirens, but as a non-playable event creature. If this lore can get itself accepted, I see nothing wrong in making them CA, but it looks a bit on the short side as it is and it really doesn’t add that much to roleplay.

This is pretty vague overall and generally doesn’t seem like a whole ton of work was put into it.

I’d like to see an expansion on this lore provide habitat, diet, behavior, how they act, how they look, etc.

Provide some picture(s) as well, please.

Refer to this post: 

It’s a pretty good example on what your creature lore submission should look like.

Actually, we -do- have sirens. They’re just more birdlike. They’re listed on the wiki. Granted, the wiki isn’t entirely up to date, but they’ve shown up in multiple events, including the trip to Atlas.

Thank you for submitting your piece! It is now under review, you should have a verdict in about 1 ½ weeks to 2 weeks.

This Lore has been denied. Currently the team has found a multitude of issues with this piece of lore. Overall the lore was very vague and in need of clarification of abilities. There should be descriptions on what they can and cannot do. The lore also needs proper formatting.

Topic moved to Denied Lore forum.