[✗] [Magic Lore] - Galderes

JuniperSelkie

CLICK ME FOR MUSIC YO

Galderes

5GETsZSCHkMf4f579iVIV1rCziuAAg14CD7DRvvqaV4Cgu1YhqaMB0z6T1Vh2lZb7BBCy8esiYlWHWhlwAfzsrSpUWoy2YvgE8XwQD9o_FFvtGktLYAh_MMffaOBGop_-cpkR7g

The first time I met him, I’ll never forget. Let me tell you the story…

Ulthar was home, it was paradise to us. Our little piece of the world, situated far from land. We were fishers and sailors, sages and artisans. A legacy stretching back across the ages. The Queen dug deep beneath the island in search of new resources, until she stumbled across it: that gateway of Antediluvian wretchedness that doomed us. The relic she brought up to the surface, that strange beating heart cloaked in chains, she swore it would bring about a new age for Ulthar. But that vile thing sang a song none of us could hear. And Things danced a dance none of us could see in response. The Chained Heart became a curiosity, something delved into over and over, and towers rose, to practice the sorcery gleaned from the relic. No one cared that fog crept into our harbors and shrouded our streets. We revelled in our new power, as Mages.

6gywBJ8zwh-ebfXIk-q41cMQZ-GtipyE0ogN70FqYQ0oyNRj_htAfZR-2bTRcLP8S8PMIpXEXQrQRZYwdMsLAcnj5RDJlRyHiAekaATLIn-Mb_UvN3XdSqOIxcoqdweqbzemqc0

But nothing lasts forever, and every song comes to an end. It happened on a clear day. The sun shone, the birds sang...and the earth heaved. The peak of our island exploded in fire and chaos, and the waves lashed at our shores. Then the dark water came, lapping, unstoppable, inevitable. The ocean, once our ally, now claimed all that we were with an insatiable hunger. We gathered what boats and wreckage we could, desperate. Our mages erected barriers to preserve their own lives...but it was as if the island shrugged. The foundation of the city cracked and crumbled as it was swallowed by the sea, and with it our mages. As the sea claimed our island, and the island claimed my ship, I looked around watching my friends drown. I reached for the surface as I sank, crying out for help. I didn’t expect an answer.

DhJg4GoxtpG97LPoyCqinQq6SiILCyCfGDM1mG2e6zM-8W2hO2Iw3oAqRSjjf0-hNWsBmEWhsIPyz3R3PorM03LqngtacTk-1lIllc_AuGC6U7eiXmUzpKY98Lq4AYHXr4FT_l8

A voice filled my mind, smooth, cultured, and rich. “Help? Why would you need help my dear? Isn’t the sea your friend? The cradle of all life?” He murmured to me. It was like time had slowed. I could feel something colossal looming in the depths, watching, curious. I begged for help again. A bargain, a deal, anything. “Interesting. I do love a good bargain. You’re broken, yet you still believe that no one should suffer like you are. You still plan to give humanity so many marvelous gifts… I know this because I see you… Allow me to lend you my strength, let’s forge a contract… Now get up, Darling. It is Our turn to administer the medicine, but be careful what you wish for boy..."

A single eye stared at me from the depths, and something rose to me in a bubble… a crude mask, fashioned from some sort of massive scale… and I was lost the moment I donned it. Fresh air flooded into my lungs as if I stood upon the shore. “Let’s discuss… terms. Before one of my kin takes interest.” I learned much that day. His name, Dagoth. The fact that he’d been slumbering beneath our island, in a marine cave of massive proportions. I learned how to harness the sort of powers he used, if crudely. Capturing echoes of power from the water, and spinning them into charms and spells of my own like a fishing net... and that’s what I’m going to teach you.

~Jugo of Ulthar, the First Galdr

Before recorded history, Dresdrasil plunged from her throne in the Sunset Shoals, a twilight realm that touches all places where water exists, into the depths of the mortal seas. She did this because she had created all things that dwell within the waters, and had fallen in love with her creations, unwilling to live apart from them. But her actions had unforeseen consequences. The Mother of the Sea birthed innumerable creatures, some mighty demigods, some simple creatures or wise leviathans. But Divinity and mortality were not intended to mix in the long term. Her essence infused the waters around her, and spread through all the seas and oceans, then rivers and streams. Exposed to her divine element, some creatures grew aware, and powerful. But they had a breaking point, where their minds shattered under the strain, turning them into mindless beasts that craved destruction.

Heartbroken, Dresdrasil unleashed 2 new magics upon the seas. The first, a spell of her own working, one of forgetting. And so the waves wore down and washed away the memories and pain of her children, giving them more time before their insanity tore them down. But it also washed away her own pain, and the memory of the heinous error she had committed. To this day, the Mother of the Sea still produces many children, often forgetting that she already had others, a victim of her own magics.

The second magic she created was her solution to the problem. Not a cure, but a culling. Mortals entrusted with occult knowledge, who would slay the poor broken creatures her children were slowly turning into. As an incentive, she offered them great power in exchange for their service, powers that would allow them to do their duties and more besides. The first to take up this mantle was Jugo, of the island kingdom of Ulthar. His Galdr did their job for centuries before vanishing. Now, Dresdrasil seeks new champions, with three stipulations or tenets:

Harm not your fellow Galdr, let them be as cousins to you.
Take only what you need from the sea, and use all that you take.
Abuse not my gifts, lest they be torn from you.

Galderes, Explained

Galderes is the magic of Dresdrasil, the Mother of the Sea, better known as the Daemon of Abundance who birthed all sea life. While her magic was originally born out of a need to have servants who could pass among mortals, and protect the sea both from within and without, it’s evolved over time. Where once Galdr were intended to be soldiers in Dresdrasil's crusade to defend her home, they are seen now as adoptive family. And, while they still do their best to protect the sea and maintain a healthy relationship with it, they have another duty as well. The seas are filled with Dresdrasil's maddened offspring, as well as void-twisted denizens of the deep. Hunting these beasts is the duty of the Galdr, and in slaying them the Galdr obtain potent magical ingredients, as well as sturdy building materials and unique crafting materials.

The magic itself is powered by Dresdrasil’s presence in the mortal seas, having left her throne to live among her creations. Divine power diffuses itself throughout the waters of the world from her body, and can be harvested using special tools by those who know the means to do so. These tools consist of a distaff, a bell, and a lantern. The bell is used to make echoes of Dresdrasil’s power visible, and the lantern is used to collect it. Then, the distaff is used to form the echos into Threads, the unit this magic uses. A Galdr needs to gather Thread a minimum of twice a month, as it’s required to craft every magical item that they can produce. However, learning how to make the tools isn’t something just anyone can pick up. The knowledge to do so is contained within strange eldritch folios known as Hextomes.

FpZi6uz-Cs8DTc71xaaTqU0RIrooujF_QwaCuudhGDwWa0lUuewnprnuy1lQ-Fc5-adL3xMuE4yJf09U1aqR5bC2Hhz8QSaPAv3r3G_-JPPJ_DeIV6SsUXAGoqyk4KotbIHQSmA

A Hextome contains all the knowledge a Galdr requires, scribed in some strange eldritch tongue that resists translation - an inch thick of swirling, shifting writing, detailing the rituals, rites, and spells available to the Galdr. Acquiring a Hextome is as simple as becoming a student of the magic. The books are made from byssus and monster hide, ensuring their waterproofing, and scribed in alchemical ink. Hextomes are often gifted at one of Dresdrasil’s altars, roughly rectangular eldritch stones located in ruined temples. There always seem to be three of these Altars. Carved into the sides of each altar are iconography relating to the Mother of the Sea, Dresdrasil, and the altars themselves are hollow, like chests. Completing your pledge, and waiting a full cycle of the moon (1 week, usually the time it takes a teacher to craft and scribe a new book) results in receiving your Hextome, though the knowledge you possess is only sufficient to understand the first chapter. Progressing further into the magic results in obtaining more eldritch insight from your Patron and your teacher. Choosing a Patron is done with a second rite, and is required to progress to Tier 2. The second rite involves carving another token, and offering it on the altar. The material you chose decides your Patron. Coral for Dagoth, Bone for V'acta, and Prismarine for the Noble Circle. The Patron you choose will affect what aspects of Galderes become available to you in later tiers.

Studying Hextomes isn't without risk. The eldritch, otherworldly tongue scribed within twists the mind. Attempting to read sections you lack the knowledge to understand can result in fear, anxiety, headaches, nausea, and even paranoia. Even possessing the knowledge required to read a section of a Hextome doesn't fully protect a Galdr, as such they tend to develop at least one unusual behavior, such as attempting to eat things that are not food. Attempting to transcribe a Hextome into another language results in gibberish, and as the ability to read and understand is linked to Galdreres, being stripped of your powers strips you of your ability to read a tome. Despite the risks, Galdr still study, for the waterproof pages of each book bear the rituals, incantations, materials, and timetables recommended for each of Dresdrasil's gifts. A note, the further one gets into Galderes, the more Dresdrasilian speech they can use and understand. This unusual tongue can be used to speak to sea creatures.

Stripping Galdr of their magic is a complicated process, in which not only the Hextome of the offending Galdr, but also their living body must be brought to one of Dresdrasil's altars. At least 3 T5 Galdr must bring the Galdr to the altar, destroy the book, and follow that with a hymn to Dresdrasil. To the initiated, the hymn is a beautiful song that simply asks Dresdrasil to release the Galdr in question from their duties. To the uninitiated, as well as the Galdr being disconnected, the song is more like a strident wailing, which can cause superficial bleeding from the eyes, ears, nose, and mouth. The hymn takes 5 emotes to complete, and must be uninterrupted. The Galdr being disconnected must remain touching the altar and must remain in a circle formed by the other Galdr. Stripping a Galdr of their powers removes their Pact, bumping them back down to Tier One. Failing to destroy their Hextome would make it easier for them to ascend through the tiers again.

To understand Galderes better, you must be introduced to the Patrons who enact Dresdrasil’s will.

DAGOTH, THE SLEEPER

anwFhlzjxZL1m10al8-h_o1xcvPTedtFDFNtn5IVUqxHxLcwLgGkFBQS4iDp40d7Gs0z3JQfMzc3jH-FG-DMIz3JCmO57KN_YUZhM6m7SKygyYfRI5rEGmWBzHRjFKmLpFLID3g

One of the many beasts birthed by Dresdrasil, Dagoth slumbered for ages before being awoken. He taught the first Galdr, Jugo, and still teaches to this day. Dagoth leads the Lost Galdr in defending the sea from interior threats. He’s largely harmless, but loves deals and bargains, leading to a faustian first impression. His mastery of the mists and magic, as well as his size and natural abilities, make him a dangerous enemy to have. It is unknown if he has been slain, but some conversations have implied that Dresdrasil will ensure his continued existence beyond his death. Those who pact beneath Dagoth are known as the Lost, for Dagoth slumbered unknown for centuries.

V’ACTA, THE DROWNER

aDRnrWL74aoXu3XiTR0qtQjTGq8N6PEf7ubi98h0vw_TLdvkaGBMIxwrsQyTP7HLidl3ou0lr8bp8dF12oajzHjXzMZdtaSC1njnq7lltrXGkRr8MFuSJWMvSJBbTIof0xqy4a8

A strange case,V’acta enjoys telling tall tales to her visitors, such as the idea that she was once human. In fact, she is the daughter of Jugo, mutated beyond recognition from her delving into deeper ranges of her magic. V’acta prefers to dwell within sunken ruins, as opposed to Dagoth’s deep-sea forests. She leads the Broken Galdr in attacking sources of pollution and other threats to life within the sea. Her skill with the manipulation of shadows makes it hard to trust your own surroundings. Like Dagoth, she has implied that her continued existence is guaranteed by a power far beyond her own. Those who pact under V’acta are known as the Broken, due to how Dresdrasil views the daughter of her first mortal servant.

THE NOBLE CIRCLE

Beautiful Dark Cave | Cave - anime, crystal, landscape, scene, cave, beautiful, magic, dark ...

The odd one out, the Noble Circle is neither a child of Dresdrasil, nor even a solitary entity. The Noble Circle is a band of six Greater Celestials that made a bargain with Dresdrasil, and dwell deep within a marine crystal cave. The six of them, with each bearing a striking similarity to an ordinary animal, finds a mortal trait  they deem to be ‘superior’ and will foster students to prove their points. Ohzra (manta) favors wisdom, Tecti (eel) ferocity, Gorvu (snail) tenacity, Kenatl (seahorse) survival, Yivi (crab) cunning, and Qhohphall (jellyfish) agility. While Dresdrasil cannot ensure their existence in the same way she has that of her children, their Arcanist Stones allow them to reconstitute themselves with relative quickness. Those who pact beneath the Circle are known as the Redeemed. When first discovered by Dresdrasil, she nearly destroyed the Celestials, but made a bargain with them instead. They would nest in her ocean, and seal the rift in the veil, and she would afford them a measure of protection and permit them to stay. While normally Celestials would be ill-suited for Dresdrasil’s purpose, she reached out and touched them, altering them to suit her needs, granting them powers beyond that of normal celestials. This arrangement has lead to the term “Redeemed”.

SPELLS/ABILITIES

KsfoPF_x68qcJAJeeXFPYD-5Pjb-XYKu8-NhgAGy9NwZsFrp0PlfYlkD0dwFzlZQwl4Nb-7_RE60jOzExBlYT0pb0v25N_TSD-K7vz_tB-69iHziCM3FD5j2BCOfBpeNScP6PzY

TIER ONE

Dagoth’s Breath
Description: A collar woven of monster hide, scales, and decorated with bone beads. This is a test of a Galdr’s mastery of their craft, to see if they are ready to chose a pact and ascend to Tier 2. If they make it properly, they can wear it, and breathe underwater as if they were breathing air. These collars require recharging, but give several hours of underwater breathing.
Mechanics: Magic collar, allows you to breathe underwater.
Specific Redlines: limited time, only 4 hours of air. Requires recharging.

Loyalty
Description: The first militant magic learned by a Galdr is applied to their trident, a wondrous work that causes the trident to return to their hand when thrown. Typically once applied, this charm only requires an activation word to be spoken in order for the trident to return to its master’s hand. In RP, this would be seen in a two-emote system after the initial launch of the trident. One emote would be to speak the activation word for the charm, and the second emote would see the trident actually returning. In terms of distance, a thrown trident will typically travel about as far as a spear or other polearm would for the purposes of RP, and as such can be returned from those distances. While in early days, the charm was applied exclusively to tridents, it has been found that various throwing weapons like spears can be used as well.
Mechanics: magic trident/spear/polearm that returns when thrown
Specific Redlines: A trident cannot return to its master from far-off distance (this isn’t Thor’s hammer) and must be within sight for the charm to properly work. If the trident is thrown and then lost out of sight, such as down a hill, the charm’s activation can still take place, but the trident will have a more difficult time returning to its master, taking up another emote of time. Again, any unreasonable distance away from the sight of the battle or starting point will result in no return at all.

Lure
Description: One of the first charms learned, the cords woven using this magic call fish to them. For this reason, Galdr make them into fishing lines and nets. They lure in fish, just as the name says, as if a lure and bait was in place, increasing the success of even novice fishers. Lure is simply rped as fishing, but it has similar effects to the enchantments “lure” and “luck of the sea”.
Mechanics: Basically a fusion of lure and luck of the sea. It takes the form of a cord.
Specific Redlines: none, it's a magic fishing string.

Shroud
Description: These charms and totems produce a befuddling fog that covers an area. Covering larger areas requires more of Shroud charms, and these are often used to conceal the places of residence or worship of the Galdr. A single Shroud charm can cover an area roughly the size of a 5x5 space, and when linked up with other Shroud charms, the expanse covered increases in a modular manner. Typically the Shroud covers a space where the user stands as a center point; however, with enough skill, the charm can be thrown about 5 blocks out from the user to cover a 5x5 area fully. 15 blocks away will cause the fog to be incredibly thin and rather ineffective, while any further will simply not work. The fog formed does not cause harm to those who walk through it or breathe it, and it cannot be thought of as a poisonous gas, but rather as a way to temporarily limit the vision and even blind others. The Galdr is also affected by this and will not be able to see well through the cloud. In addition, wind or air evocation, as well as similar effects, can clear away the fog, though stationary totem style charms gradually produce more fog over time, and require refueling.
Mechanics: Charms and totems that can obscure an area and confuse those who wander into it.
Specific Redlines: just a concealment item, the mist is easily dispersed by air evocation or strong winds. Require replacement over time.

TIER TWO

Horn of Flowing Waters
Description: A drinking horn carved from bone, it has been enchanted so that there is always water within it. This charm does require recharging via threads periodically, and it draws its water from the air surrounding it. It’s entire purpose is for drinking.
Mechanics: Drinking horn that is always full, drink up.
Specific Redlines: None. It's a magic water bottle.

Pelt
Description: The culmination of Tier two, the test to see if they’re ready for Dresdrasil’s true gifts. A mantle of monster hide, lined with sea silk and decorated with monster bones and scales and embroidered with spiritual Thread. This cloak is left overnight in the waves of the tide under the full moon, pinned down so it doesn’t get washed away. The night in the waves catalyzes it into a usable artifact. When first used, its magic will borrow aesthetic traits from the nearest aquatic creature. However, the Pelt cannot copy creatures of immense size or power, nor does it impart the biological abilities of creatures, such as poison, or unnatural speed. The rule of thumb is that the creature is generally the same size or smaller than an average human. The true purpose of a pelt is thus: it is a reliable and sustainable way to breathe underwater. An example of the pelt’s use could be as simple as: it is used near a catfish. The wielder obtains scales and gills, and takes on the color patterns of the fish, and grow its trademark whiskers. They also become adept at swimming and can breathe underwater in this form. Pelts don’t need charging, unlike the Tier 1 collar, and it does not break down, unlike charms. Long periods of time using a pelt will begin to leave permanent physical alterations to their appearance, due to the changes in their soul. They may develop patches of scales, or fins, or may even begin having difficulty breathing above water without aid. Pelts CAN be stolen and used by non-galdr.
Mechanics: Magic cloak that allows you to become part-aquatic, letting you breathe underwater but slowly changing you.
Specific Redlines: no special fish abilities, just appearance and unlimited water breathing.

Purity
Description: this charm can cleanse water, or purge curses, poisons, and venoms from whomever uses it. It can even cancel the effects of the Brackish Taint charm. This charm is useful for cleansing water of impurities (e.g. making saltwater safe to drink and ridding it of bacteria) as well as removing some poisons from the bloodstream (e.g. snake venom, night sap), and diluting others. More powerful poisons cannot simply be eliminated, but their effects can be weakened. The level of emotes needed for this charm typically depend on the level of cleansing being done; for instance, purifying a liter of water would only take 1-2 emotes, whereas removing venom from an individual would take 2-3, and 3-4 for more potent poisons. The patient in these circumstances would still need to take time to recover, roughly 1 hour of IRL time.
Mechanics: A cleaning and charm that can help purge poisons and such.
Specific Redlines: it can only weaken poisons and curses, not cure them instantly.

Strangling Seaweed
Description: When activated, this charm tangles all in its area in stinking seaweed. The area covered by this charm is typically a 5x5 block radius, with the most seaweed at its epicenter. The charm can only be thrown about 6 meters. The seaweed can temporarily grow on land even without the presence of water, but it will shrivel up far more quickly than if the area is waterlogged (or, wink wink, even recently soaked from the Dome charm). It will take 3 emotes to accomplish this; one to find and raise the charm, another to activate it, and a third for the growth of the seaweed to take place. The weed itself will shrivel up in 2 emotes if on dry land and 3 if waterlogged or recently wet ground. Typically the seaweed will let out a horrendous odor, not enough to cause vomiting for the average individual, but certainly enough to cause most to stop in their tracks. Many have compared it to mixing skunk odor with that of rotting food. In addition to this, the seaweed will attempt to entangle itself around all present, be they foliage, plants, or sentient beings, and while it will be easy enough to rid oneself of one stalk, trudging through the entanglement will prove difficult if unprepared (machetes are indeed a thing). If caught in their own Charm, even a Galdr will be hindered.
Mechanics: Creates a tangle of stinking seaweed that binds and restricts.
Specific Redlines: seaweed dries up and breaks after a few emotes.

TIER THREE

Dagoth Crafts:

Kraken Armband
Description: An armband woven of bone beads, monster hide, and scales,, this armband is crafted for one purpose, to bestow some of Dagoth’s magic upon its wearer. Wearing and activating the Armband, which is activated using the same “password” as your charms, allows you to transform your arm into a tentacle with suckers, which can be quite useful for climbing, if rather clumsy in combat outside grappling. The tentacle is roughly twice the length of your arm.
Mechanics: Magic armband that turns your arm into a tentacle with suckers, activated with magic word.
Specific Redlines: no real combat applications outside grappling.

Lobster Bracer
Description:  A bracer crafted from monster hide and scales, this belt is crafted for one purpose, to bestow some of Dagoth’s magic upon its wearer. Wearing and activating the bracer, which is activated using the same “password” as your charms, allows you to transform your hand into a vicious crab claw, useful for both blocking and attacking in combat, as well as some more mundane activities. The claw can block blades fairly well, given it's hard shell, but fails a protecting from blunt weapons, which will crack the shell and damage the Galdr’s hand.
Mechanics: Magic bracer that turns your hand into a crab claw, activated with magic word.
Specific Redlines: the claw can be damaged, and injuries will carry over to your normal hand.

Mermaid Belt
Description: A belt woven of bone beads, monster hide, and seaweed fibers, this belt is crafted for one purpose, to bestow some of Dagoth’s magic upon its wearer. Wearing and activating the belt, which is activated using the same “password” as your charms, allows you to transform your legs into a fish-like tail, which allows you to swim much faster.
Mechanics: Magic belt that turns your legs into a tail, activated with magic word.
Specific Redlines: none, just a swim speed item.

Moray Headband
Description:  A headband woven of bone beads, monster hide, and scales, this headband is crafted for one purpose, to bestow some of Dagoth’s magic upon its wearer. Wearing and activating the headband, which is activated using the same “password” as your charms, allows you to transform your hair into a long sea-snake-eel creature, which remains attached to your head but can extend up to 3 squares to bite and grapple.
Mechanics: Magic headband that turns your hair into a snake-eel thing, activated with magic word.
Specific Redlines: the snake has limited range, and can be damaged and cut, damaging your actual hair.

Noble Circle Crafts:

Mask of the Crab
Description: In wearing one of these crystal masks, you borrow the identity and boon of the Celestial associated with it. Only one can be carried at a time. The Mask of the Crab, associated with Yivi, allows its wearer to create small localized storms, bringing rain and wind and thunder. Masks are molded from crystal and bone through rituals and chants performed at one of Dresdrasil’s altars. Using a mask causes it to lose some of its charge, and when the charge is exhausted, it crumbles into sand. There is no way to recharge a mask. Masks crumble to sand after 2 elven weeks, unless used often, in which case they only last one elven week. Using a mask requires concentration.
Mechanics: A crystal mask that allows you to summon small storms.
Specific Redlines: storms are localized to about a 10 block radius, and cannot be controlled. Breaks after 2 weeks, 1 if used often.

Mask of the Eel
Description: In wearing one of these crystal masks, you borrow the identity and boon of the Celestial associated with it. Only one can be carried at a time. The Mask of the Eel, associated with Tecti, allows its wearer to part water around themselves, either creating an oblong path both in front and behind themselves through the water, or creating an air pocket that moves with them under the waves. Masks are molded from crystal and bone through rituals and chants performed at one of Dresdrasil’s altars. Using a mask causes it to lose some of its charge, and when the charge is exhausted, it crumbles into sand. There is no way to recharge a mask. Masks crumble to sand after 2 elven weeks, unless used often, in which case they only last one elven week. Using a mask requires concentration.
Mechanics: A crystal mask that allows you to create paths through water.
Specific Redlines: the size of the path is fixed, 4 blocks behind, 3 blocks ahead, 1 on each side. Breaks after 2 weeks, 1 week if used often.

Mask of the Jellyfish
Description: In wearing one of these crystal masks, you borrow the identity and boon of the Celestial associated with it. Only one can be carried at a time. The Mask of the Jellyfish, associated with Qhonphall, allows its wearer to communicate with Dresdrasil’s Children directly, as well as to control more simple-minded marine life. Masks are molded from crystal and bone through rituals and chants performed at one of Dresdrasil’s altars. Using a mask causes it to lose some of its charge, and when the charge is exhausted, it crumbles into sand. There is no way to recharge a mask. Masks crumble to sand after 2 elven weeks, unless used often, in which case they only last one elven week. Using a mask requires concentration.
Mechanics: A crystal mask that lets you talk to sea monsters without using magic symbols, and to control simple minded sea creatures.
Specific Redlines: only allows communication with sea monsters, clashes with a druid’s control. Breaks after 2 weeks, 1 week if used often.

Mask of the Manta
Description: In wearing one of these crystal masks, you borrow the identity and boon of the Celestial associated with it. Only one can be carried at a time. The Mask of the Manta, associated with Ohzra, allows its wearer to manipulate water around them, but only about two barrels worth, and their range is limited to 30 feet. Masks are molded from crystal and bone through rituals and chants performed at one of Dresdrasil’s altars. Using a mask causes it to lose some of its charge, and when the charge is exhausted, it crumbles into sand. There is no way to recharge a mask. Masks crumble to sand after 2 elven weeks, unless used often, in which case they only last one elven week. Using a mask requires concentration.
Mechanics: Crystal mask that lets you manipulate about 2 barrels of nearby water.
Specific Redlines: only so much water can be used, and the range is limited. Breaks after 2 weeks. 1 if used often.

Mask of the Seahorse
Description: In wearing one of these crystal masks, you borrow the identity and boon of the Celestial associated with it. Only one can be carried at a time. The Mask of the Seahorse, associated with Kenatl, allows its wearer to purify water of taint and pollution, leaving it pure and clean. Masks are molded from crystal and bone through rituals and chants performed at one of Dresdrasil’s altars. Using a mask causes it to lose some of its charge, and when the charge is exhausted, it crumbles into sand. There is no way to recharge a mask. Masks crumble to sand after 2 elven weeks, unless used often, in which case they only last one elven week. Using a mask requires concentration.
Mechanics: Crystal mask that allows you to purify water.
Specific Redlines: you can only purify small areas at a time, like a well. Breaks after 2 weeks, 1 if used often.

Mask of the Snail
Description: In wearing one of these crystal masks, you borrow the identity and boon of the Celestial associated with it. Only one can be carried at a time. The Mask of the Snail, associated with Gorvu, allows its wearer to walk upon liquid surfaces as if they were solid ground. Masks are molded from crystal and bone through rituals and chants performed at one of Dresdrasil’s altars. Using a mask causes it to lose some of its charge, and when the charge is exhausted, it crumbles into sand. There is no way to recharge a mask. Masks crumble to sand after 2 elven weeks, unless used often, in which case they only last one elven week. Using a mask requires concentration.
Mechanics: Crystal mask that allows you to walk on water.
Specific Redlines: Breaks after 2 weeks. 1 if used often.

V'acta Crafts:

V’acta Cuirass
Description: V’acta’s miraculous armor pieces are crafted through unorthodox means. Using monster hide, bone, and scale, as well as shells and driftwood gathered from the shore, you can assemble a simulacrum of a cuirass, and bind it together with seaweed and Thread. Once the item is secured into the shape you want, you can lower it into a volcanic vent on the seafloor. Left there, the potent essence and heat forges the simulacrum into the ACTUAL item. This cuirass will allow you to swim in any direction, under any conditions (excluding variables like heat and cold), regardless of currents, so long as you remain within the water. These items are not quite as good as iron gear, despite being magically forged and reinforced. They also degrade over time, damage being done to them restored by the magic they carry. But once that magic is exhausted, the armor falls apart into the original items you used to create it.
Mechanics: Magic chest armor that lets you swim against any current.
Specific Redlines: breaks down on its own after a week, weaker than iron armor.

V’acta Helm
Description: V’acta’s miraculous armor pieces are crafted through unorthodox means. Using monster hide, bone, and scale, as well as shells and driftwood gathered from the shore, you can assemble a simulacrum of a cuirass, and bind it together with seaweed and Thread. Once the item is secured into the shape you want, you can lower it into a volcanic vent on the seafloor. Left there, the potent essence and heat forges the simulacrum into the ACTUAL item. This helm produces sonar that only the wearer can detect, allowing them to see their normal range of vision, even in perfect darkness in the depths of the ocean. These items are not quite as good as iron gear, despite being magically forged and reinforced. They also degrade over time, damage being done to them restored by the magic they carry. But once that magic is exhausted, the armor falls apart into the original items you used to create it.
Mechanics: Magic helm that lets you use sonar to see in total darkness.
Specific Redlines: breaks down after a week, weaker than iron armor.

V’acta Shield
Description: V’acta’s miraculous armor pieces are crafted through unorthodox means. Using monster hide, bone, and scale, as well as shells and driftwood gathered from the shore, you can assemble a simulacrum of a shield, and bind it together with seaweed and Thread. Once the item is secured into the shape you want, you can lower it into a volcanic vent on the seafloor. Left there, the potent essence and heat forges the simulacrum into the ACTUAL item. This shield can carry its owner across water like a surfboard, or even propel them underwater. These items are not quite as good as iron gear, despite being magically forged and reinforced. They also degrade over time, damage being done to them restored by the magic they carry. But once that magic is exhausted, the armor falls apart into the original items you used to create it.
Mechanics: Magic shield that can propel itself through and on water.
Specific Redlines: breaks down after a week, weaker than iron armor.

V’acta Sword
Description: V’acta’s miraculous armor pieces are crafted through unorthodox means. Using monster hide, bone, and scale, as well as shells and driftwood gathered from the shore, you can assemble a simulacrum of a sword, and bind it together with seaweed and Thread. Once the item is secured into the shape you want, you can lower it into a volcanic vent on the seafloor. Left there, the potent essence and heat forges the simulacrum into the ACTUAL item. This sword can fling water like daggers, or treat the water as an extension of itself. However, it must actually be dipped into water every couple emotes in order to maintain this act. You can also create other weapons, but the sword is traditional. Acceptable weapons include axes and other bladed melee weapons. These items are not quite as good as iron gear, despite being magically forged and reinforced. They also degrade over time, damage being done to them restored by the magic they carry. But once that magic is exhausted, the armor falls apart into the original items you used to create it.
Mechanics: Magic weapon that can hurl water around or use it as an extension of itself. Doesn’t NEED to be a sword, just a melee weapon with a blade.
Specific Redlines: breaks down after a week, weaker than iron weapons.

Blessing of the Depths
Description: Largely considered superstition, this charm guarantees the blessed item or person will wash up on shore if lost at sea. Consider it a sort of mystical life-vest.
Mechanics: Largely RP item, no real mechanical use, but the charm falls apart after “saving” the item or person it’s connected to.
Specific Redlines: It just brings stuff to shore in RP.

Watery Dome
Description: Technically a defensive charm, though it's use is limited by its casters creativity. Largely intended to protect from drowning or fire, it creates a bubble of water and air around the user. This charm allows the user to create a dome of water, wrapped around a bubble of air, in the user’s immediate position (1-2 blocks in game). The amount of air in the bubble would last the user a good six-seven emotes depending on their breathing rate and activity within the bubble. The waters flowing around this dome would have the capacity to smolder and even put out smaller fires, as well as water the ground or get those interacting with it wet. While providing a natural barrier, piercing projectiles such as arrows or polearms could break through the water bubble and into the user’s air space; as such, using this charm would not protect the user from being attacked necessarily, but would grant them some potential misdirection of arrows after going through a water current, as well as some simple coverage from fire or other elements.
Mechanics: Creates a sphere of water around its user.
Specific Redlines: doesn’t block most magic or projectiles or physical attacks. Blocks fire evocation and protects from drowning.

Wavespeaker
Description: A useful charm, it allows you to project your awareness elsewhere, but you appear as a reflection at the other end, and can speak to people in the vicinity. It operates much like standard LOTC bird messages, but also adds a visual aspect, like opening up a window. This does, much like birds, require a small amount of relaying of information to those around you. The exact method of doing so is through the creation of a special water mirror, like a scrying bowl. It’s easiest to project from one bowl to another, though not entirely impossible to project from a bowl to another water source. You can only project to a place you yourself have seen in person.
Mechanics: A communication form using magical scrying bowls to project your image.
Specific Redlines: need a bowl to use it, bowls are not movable.

TIER FOUR

Befouling
Description: a curse that sullies a target, often water, fish, or crops, with a mystical poison. The scrimshaw is placed upon whatever the target is, and it disintegrates, no longer retrievable. The taint is rarely fatal, but can be useful if carefully applied, similar to food poisoning or a disease with similar effects. In order to remove the curse, one can simply suck on a sea sponge that has been dipped in pure water (distilled or blessed works). Like calls to like, the sea-material drawing out the curses magic.
Mechanics: Sickening effect obtained from ingesting tainted food or water. Cured with a sea sponge soaked in pure water. Expires on its own within 3 elven days. Basically food poisoning.
Specific Redlines: Rarely lethal, easily cured with the right resources. Can only effect a 3x3 square.

Brackish Tentacle
Description: This charm appears as a sort of hilt, and when tipped into a bucket’s worth of water-based fluids, draws forth a whip composed entirely of that substance. This charm is physically durable, though it can only be activated 5 times before it crumbles to dust. The water acts as a physical object under the effects of this charm, and acts as a magical whip that acts as a reach weapon with a grappling and attacking range of 5 blocks. The whip lasts 15 minutes before falling to the ground in liquid form again. While active, it can be manipulated, such as being encouraged to bend and wrap in certain ways. The Horn of Flowing Waters is not an acceptable water source for the whip.
Mechanics: 5 block reach whip, it can wrap around things. Lasts 15 minutes, can be used 5 times total. Requires at least one block of fluid or one bucket of fluid.
Specific Redlines: The Tentacle requires a certain amount of water, and recharging.

Conduit
Description: A complex charm carved from several pieces to form an orb of sorts. When set into a framework carved with the proper symbols, the orb activates, drawing in energy on its own from the sea. It has two purposes. First, it will provide people within its range with breathable air even underwater. Theses largely show up in Dresdrasil’s ancient temples. They have rudimentary judgement abilities, and can tell if someone engages in violence in their vicinity. When this happens, they simply cease to provide air to the source of violence. Secondly, they act as a sort of ward, intended for protecting sacred sites from monsters, creatures, and people that try to desecrate them. But it can only attack one target at a time, and badly damaging its frame will cause it to go dormant. When dormant, a Conduit provides no air, and no wardings. It requires at least three Galdr to craft.
Mechanics: Mechanical Conduit block from 1.13, it attacks mobs and allows players to breathe underwater if they’re within its range.
Specific Redlines: Conduits cannot be moved once assembled, and require 3 Galdr to create. When damaged, they shut down. Can only attack one target at a time.

Fetch
Description: An ability shared by all advanced Galdr. More properly known as Intercession, it is the ability to have a semblance of your Patron intervene on your behalf. A Fetch bears the appearance of your Patron, but is generally a luminous spectral thing, composed of the blue-green energy that fuels your magic. While a Fetch is active, a Galdr can wield no other magics, but the Fetch can battle on their behalf, and does not feel pain. If damaged badly enough, a Fetch disintegrates back into energy, but this allows a Galdr to wield their magic again. The abilities of a fetch vary from pact to pact, generally wielding T5 pact abilities, though in the case of Redeemed Galdr, the Fetch creates crystalline spikes. A Fetch can only remain while their Galdr can maintain focus, but will only stick around for 15-20 minutes. They CAN be used for non-combat situations, but can only be called once an elven day. A group of same-Pacted Galdr can summon a larger Fetch, but it caps at three, each one multiplying the size of the Fetch, stopping at three times the size of a great white.
Mechanics: The ability to summon a tiny version of your patron to fight for you.
Specific Redlines: you only get one Fetch a day, and it only lasts 15-20 minutes. Sizes vary based on number of summoners. Can be destroyed temporarily

TIER FIVE

Breath
Description: Dagoth’s final Pact power. You receive a slug-like symbiote from your patron, which is wrapped around a body part for safekeeping. All abilities involving Breath are produced from the mouth. The abilities range from a small burst of hallucinatory smoke to sticky slime, from stinging clouds of stinking fog to mystical bubbles that can contain and protect items or provide precious air. When utilizing hallucinatory smoke, Galdr must be at close range. It cannot be formed into a cloud, so it must be blown directly into the target’s face. The smoke can cause disorientation, drug-like effects, and hallucinations. The smoke’s effects last about 5 emotes, thought the smoke vanishes shortly after being released. Clouds of gas take longer to create, formed within the Galdr's lung. It requires two emotes to create the gas. One to breath in and hold your breath, and one to create the fog. A third emote is used to expel the gas. Gas clouds cover a 5x5x2 area, and primarily obscures vision. It also stinks terribly, causing the eyes and nose to sting and water, as well as encouraging coughing and retching. These effects fade shortly after leaving the cloud, with several breaths of fresh air. Galdr slime is thick and sticky, spat from the mouth like phlegm. Each glob is about fist-sized, and can be used as a crafting adhesive, or to try to ensnare a target. It takes 2 emotes tospitt slime, one to create the glob and one to spit. Bubbles don't require the presence of water or other fluids, and are generated magically using the Galdr's breath. They come in a variety of sizes, from small enough to hold a snail, to large enough to contain a person's head with room to spare. Though stronger than a normal bubble, they will still pop under stress or if punctured. They retain air, and keep water out, making them useful for temporary waterproofing or helping someone breathe underwater temporarily.
Mechanics: 4 uses; slime, bubbles, fog, and smoke. Only one can be used at a time. Slime takes 2 emotes, bubbles take 2 emotes each, fog takes 3 emotes, fog takes 2 emotes. Each has range and duration; bubbles lasting indefinitely until popped, slime lasting until diluted with water, fog lasting 10 minutes, smoke lasting just a few seconds. Fog and bubbles are close range, slime is long range.
Specific Redlines: Breath requires the free use of your hands and mouth. Lack of those prevents it from being used. If you are separated from your symbiote, you cannot use Breath. Symbiote must be touching bare skin.

Choking Brine
Description: A charm that, when ground up and ingested, begins filling the target’s lungs with seawater. They will often cough up or vomit up said seawater, and the curse lasts about an elven day, usually more debilitating rather than fatal. The curse can be cured through mundane medicine, should someone be knowledgeable enough, by another Galdr, or even through Alchemy. The strange, if mundane cure, is to swallow a sea sponge. The sponge shares the same energies that fuel the curse, and will absorb said power, rendering it harmless. As simple as that sounds, a sea sponge is not always close at hand, and not everyone would know of such a method. The more medical route is using Alchemy, namely a Purifier Potion. Meanwhile, a Galdr can simply use a Purity charm to cancel out the curse. If none of these options are available, a holy magic wielder or healer can simply purge the curse from the person’s body.
Mechanics: Debilitating curse that fills the lungs with seawater. Curable with a sea sponge, purifier potion, healing magic, or a Galdr Charm. Lasts an elven day if not canceled.
Specific Redlines: charm never lasts more than a day, and almost never kills. Multiple counters.

Depthcaller
Description: An advanced charm making use of a part of a marine monster in order to call it to the surface. Requires a part of the creature you wish to summon to be crafted. The creature cannot arrive in areas that it would not logically be able to get to with ease. You must speak to the sea monster first, and attempt to convince it to give you a token of its friendship, one of its own scales or parts. However, the call is not a control, and in most situations, a Galdr has no control or communication with a creature the summon, lest it be a child of Dresdrasil. Activation requires 2 turns, plus a die roll to determine success (roll 20, a 15 or below is failure). Should no sufficient water be nearby, the charm fails and crumbles to dust. You cannot be guaranteed that the creature will be willing to fight or act on your behalf.
Mechanics: Magic charm that can call forth monsters you have befriended.
Specific Redlines: need to befriend the monster first in order to call it, charm is easily destroyed.

Gorvu’s Shield

Description: When a Galdr is gifted their pact crystal by the Noble Circle, they can choose to build a shield if the crystal came from Gorvu, and set the crystal into it. The crystal bonds with the shield, storing it within itself and also imbues it with power. By speaking Gorvu's name, the crystal can be activated, recreating the shield around itself. When held over your head, the shield calls forth a crystalline barrier that surrounds the wielder.
Mechanics: Magic shield that has a crystal. It can summon a barrier that surrounds you.
Specific Redlines: barrier is composed of salt crystal, and can be relatively easily broken. If disarmed, shield disappears and barrier crumbles. Can be broken or stolen, forcing it to be replaced. If unbroken, the barrier lasts 4 emotes, or as long as the shield is held up if less than 4 emotes.

Grasp of the Depths
Description: The T5 Broken ability, fueled by a relic of a bygone age. This relic is often a piece of jewelry, encrusted with barnacles and tarnished from the sea. Through this relic, Galdr can call forth a fragment of V’acta’s own powers, taking the form of a peculiar power. This ability allows a T5 Broken, so long as they carry or wear their relic, to manifest additional limbs in the form of arms and tentacles. While these limbs are incapable of wielding heavy weapons, they are able to manipulate tools, facilitate movement, and carry things. The limbs may be used to block or to attack, to grab and such. But while they lack true substance, being composed of shadows filled with veins of magic power, the creator feels any pain or damage inflicted on them as if it was their own limbs and body taking damage. Due to the nature of the power, it requires light to operate. Light creates shadows. Therefore, dark places and night time greatly limit the capacity of this ability. Some bold Galdr might take to carrying their own light sources. At the same time, too MUCH light will burn away the summoned limbs, striping the Galdr of their use temporarily. It takes 4 emotes to bring the limbs into existence, and only four an exist at a time. While wielding the Grasp, a Broken Galdr develops a temporary mutation that is impossible to hide. Anything from an extra eye, to a new appendage. Mutations are intended to serve as RP or utility traits, and do not have real combat applications.
Mechanics: Magic ability to call forth limbs made of your own shadow. Only when summoned are they useful.
Specific Redlines: time consuming to summon. It can be dispersed by bright light, but also requires light to function. Range on limbs is 5 blocks.

Kenatl’s Compass
Description: When a Galdr is gifted their pact crystal by the Noble Circle, they can choose to build a compass if the crystal came from Kenatl, and set the crystal into it. The crystal bonds with the compass, storing it within itself and also imbues it with power. By speaking Kenatl's name, the crystal can be activated, recreating the compass around itself. The compass points the holder to what they need the most, be it water, shelter, food, even a bottle of fresh ink. In addition, it grants the holder a small amount of protection from their environment.
Mechanics: Magic compass that has a crystal. Can guide and protect you.
Specific Redlines: it won't stop serious environmental conditions, only things like heat, cold, sunlight. It can't always guide you, only can show you the way to things you know. If knocked away, compass vanishes. Compass operates with a range of 30 blocks, and can not direct the wielder to people or things they don’t know about. ((I.E., no “take me to my brother’s murderer”))

Maelstrom
Description: When thrown into a sufficiently large body of water, of between a 3x3x3 space to a 8x8x8 area, this charm creates a whirlpool that can pull things in, and down. When someone is pulled into the maelstrom, to escape they have to roll. If they roll higher than ten, they don’t sink any further. If they roll higher than 15, they get closer to escaping. If they roll below 10, they sink deeper, risking loss of air or suffocation if they’re careless. Rolling a 20 results in instant escape. A maelstrom generally lasts until the charm exhausts itself and crumbles away, which takes six emotes generally.
Mechanics: A charm that creates a specifically sized whirlpool that lasts about 6 emotes.
Specific Redlines: it only lasts 6 emotes, and isn't guaranteed to trap or hold a target. Also requires enough space. Roll to try to escape. 15+ gets out further out, like quicksand. Lower than ten, and you sink more. Between 10 and 15, and you don’t move at all. 3 15+ rolls results in escape. 3 9 and under rolls results in being pulled under, to the lowest point of the middle of the whirlpool. Rolling 20 results in instant escape.

Ohzra’s Fan
Description: When a Galdr is gifted their pact crystal by the Noble Circle, they can choose to build a fan if the crystal came from Ohzra, and set the crystal into it. The crystal bonds with the fan, storing it within itself and also imbues it with power. By speaking Ohzra's name, the crystal can be activated, recreating the fan around itself. The fan manipulates water and light, and the two sides of the fan accomplish different things. The first side, when waved, forms magical projectiles, 4 at a time, by refracting and focusing light through the water in the air. They deal concussive damage equivalent to a simple punch. The reverse side of the fan manipulates light in a different way, creating reflections of the wielder in the air (up to three of them), that copy the wielder’s movements and actions. These two abilities are known as ‘Mirages’. They leave no shadows, and the reflections have no mass, and thus cannot physically or magically influence the world around them. Mirages require line of sight.
Mechanics: Magic fan with a crystal in it. It distorts light and water to create Mirages.
Specific Redlines: a tricksters tool, relying on intelligence and wisdom to make its application worthwhile. up to four projectiles, with a range of 7 blocks. up to 3 copies. Mirages can be maintained indefinitely as long as the creator is undisturbed.

Qhonphall’s Bow
Description: When a Galdr is gifted their pact crystal by the Noble Circle, they can choose to build a bow if the crystal came from Qhonphall, and set the crystal into it. The crystal bonds with the bow, storing it within itself and also imbues it with power. By speaking Qhonphall's name, the crystal can be activated, recreating the bow around itself. The bow generates its own ammunition, and can be used accurately underwater and above water. Repeated shots from the bow can stun, or even temporarily paralyze.
Mechanics: Magic bow with a crystal. Can create its own ammo, function in any environment, and can temporarily stun/paralyze.
Specific Redlines: several shots are required to stun, and you can still miss. If disarmed, bow vanishes. Can be stolen or broken, forcing it to be replaced. Only 12 shots can be fired from the bow per IRL day.

Tecti’s Dagger
Description: When a Galdr is gifted their pact crystal by the Noble Circle, they can choose to build a dagger if the crystal came from Tecti, and set the crystal into it. The crystal bonds with the dagger, storing it within itself and also imbues it with power. By speaking Tecti's name, the crystal can be activated, recreating the dagger around itself. The dagger can create a crystalline copy of itself, allowing its owner to duel-wield, but its blades produce a strange effect when exposed to poisons and venoms. The blades can produce more of the poison, causing it to last much longer than normal. Poisons based on sea life last 2 hours, and renew themselves when used. Poisons based on land life last 1 hour, and renew themselves when used. Inorganic poisons last half an hour, and renew themselves when used.
Mechanics: a magic dagger with a crystal, renews poisons for certain amounts of time depending on origin.

Specific Redlines: if disarmed, dagger vanishes. Can be broken or stolen, requiring it to be replaced.

Yivi’s Shamisen
Description: When a Galdr is gifted their pact crystal by the Noble Circle, they can choose to build a shamisen if the crystal came from Yivi, and set the crystal into it. The crystal bonds with the shamisen, storing it within itself and also imbues it with power. By speaking Yivi’s name, the crystal can be activated, recreating the shamisen around itself. The shamisen’s abilities may be the strangest of all the crystalforged tools. It possesses two strings. The first, when strummed, creates a sweet note that makes magic easier to cast (-1 emote casting time) within a 3 block radius around itself. The second, when strummed, creates a discordant wail that makes magic harder to cast (+1 emote casting time) within a 3 block radius around itself.
Mechanics: Magic instrument with a crystal. It can make magic slightly easier, or slightly harder to cast.
Specific Redlines: if disarmed, shamisen disappears. Short range. Can be stolen or broken, requiring the item to be replaced.

KIN POWERS

Eldritch Link
Description: Given that Kin can act as patrons to others, allowing them to make pacts with other Galdr in order to help them elevate their own powers, this advances that to a higher level. By taking hide and scales from sea monsters, and weaving them into 2 bracelets, including a lock of hair from both a Galdr and a Kin, those two specific beings can share a special bond, so long as the bracelets remain intact. When both are wearing their bracelets, and within 60 blocks of each other, the Kin can enact magics at their end, but pass off the effect to the Galdr. Thus, a lower rank Galdr can take a Kin’s place in situations where a Kin might not be able to act, or where it would be dangerous for them to go. This ONLY works with Galdr of the same pact time as the Kin. Only 8 spells can be transferred from Kin to Galdr, as this exhausts the magic of the bracelets, requiring them to be recharged. If the Galdr in question is tier three or above, the Kin can - instead of channeling spells through their ally - manifest their Tier 5 power through them. There is ONE exception to the 60 block rule, and that is if there are Wavespeaker Bowls nearby. Wavespeakers, being magical methods of communication from Dresdrasil, allow the magic of the bracelets to pass through as if it was a window.
Mechanics: magic bracelets that work within 60 blocks (can be divided to both sides of Wavespeakers if those are brought into play, allowing for greater range). Allows a Kin to give 8 spells to a Galdr, though the Kin still has to cast the spells at their end.
Specific Redlines: only works if both bracelets are being worn, and are within 60 blocks of each other (Wavespeaker considered). Only can transfer 8 spells as they are cast. Requires them to share the same pact.

Kinsblood
Description: the power wielded by Kin, borrowed from Dresdrasils Children. There are eight abilities a Kin can inherit, though each Kin will only receive one ability. Each ability is a copy of one wielded by a sea monster. The water jet of Aquatic Dragons, the wind barrier of the Schnis, the projectile quills of the Greesha, the dazzling bioluminescence of the Kucci, the thick ink of a Sea Goo, the lightning of the Gunva’rah’mo, the sandy armor of the Kri'il, and the sonic scream of a Skald. Each ability can only be used once every five emotes. The water jet of an Aquatic Dragon is a blast of hot water shot from the mouth. The wind barrier of the Schnis allows its user to hover, and deflect arrows and projectiles. The quills of the Greesha can be fired from the body of their user, but they have to grow new ones, which is painful. The light of the Gunva’rah’mo can be used to illuminate an area, or to dazzle opponents. The armor of the Kri’il is gathered by rolling in mud or wet sand, caking on a layer of protective filth. The ink of a Sea Goo can be used to blind and impede people when shot from the mouth. And the sonic scream of the Skald can push people and objects away, and potentially stun them or knock them down.

Mechanics: a mix of monster powers with limits and restrictions.
Specific Redlines: 5 emotes between each use, each player only gets ONE of these 8 abilities, selected randomly.

Skein
Description: Living as Kin has its downsides, such as a borderline monstrous new appearance. While it is entirely possible that Kin will be accepted by those around them, due to their dedication to defending one of the world’s greatest resources, it is also possible they might be viewed with suspicion and fear. To counteract this, Jugo conceived of a method of concealing the otherworldly nature of the Kin. He created a technique that weaves pure thread together into a veil that surrounds a Kin, disguising them as their original humanoid form, and ONLY their original form, with no modifications. This might seem like highly advanced magic, but it’s hardly perfect. The Skein, as the veil is called, is highly fragile. It fails in moments of strong emotion, revealing the Kin beneath, and is easily damaged. In addition, it does not fool shadows, nor reflections. So any reflective surface will reveal their true nature, as will their own shadow. A Skein is not a physical item, so much as a net of magic that resembles a spiders web, draped over a Kin.
Mechanics: A veil of woven magic that disguises a Kin as a normal mortal. It only uses their form, so no making yourself look different.
Specific Redlines: easily damaged, hard to replace. Multiple weaknesses, such as shadows, mirrors, and strong emotions.

Uncarved
Description: Having become attuned to the magic they wield to an extraordinary extent, a Kin can cut out the middleman when it comes to their spellcasting. This ability allows them to spellcast without spending large periods of time crafting charms. Instead, they just draw the sigils in the air while holding the material the charm -would- have been made out of. This only works with single-material charms, as multi-material charms like the Pelt and Conduit are too complex.
Mechanics: Time-saving ability. Spellcasting still requires materials and the same amount of time to activate abilities, but you don’t have to make charms anymore. You -can- if you want, and some charms are too complex to be used with the uncarved method.
Specific Redlines: Only usable with single-material charms. Can still only carry 8 charm materials. Casting time remains the same. Requires full use of hands and mouth.

Tier Progression

c0u7ZS-Uis8dzNXkBDlDJh5cdxkDgb6jRvrst-qCjo1xslMwnVCKzdFQc4I4ReHTCNABRZ6p4ch2XxSa8s-3w9qUj9RIoREPyIl1aFZdlW5_R2c5MZG1PqC-tBhPaNSIxPNDC0A

TIER ONE

Tier One charms are simple things that can be made from parts extracted from monsters found along the shore and in the shallows. Abilities available at tier one include:

DAGOTHS BREATH

LOYALTY

LURE

SHROUD

-Tier 1 allows you to make 4 charms, as well as a special item.

-Carrying charms requires a specially made bag in most cases, with a few exceptions.

-Only 8 charms can be carried in the bag at a time, and each Galdr can only have one bag.

-Charms cannot be made on the spot, they require time and effort.

-The water-breathing collar needs recharging, as do some other charms.

-Charms that can’t be recharged crumble after their uses are expired.

-Non-Galdr can uses charms if they know that Galdr’s activation phrase for charms.

-Tier 1 takes up one magic slot.

TIER TWO

Tier Two Charms are more complex and demanding than Tier One Charms, requiring materials harvested from beasts out in the open water. Abilities available at Tier Two include:

HORN OF FLOWING WATERS

PELT

PURITY

STRANGLING SEAWEED

-Tier 2 allows the creation of 3 new charms, plus a unique item.

-The pelt doesn’t require charging, and does not give you special powers outside of water-breathing and an affinity for swimming. The majority of the change is aesthetic.

-Pelts can be stolen and used, if the thief knows the command word chosen by the Galdr who made it.

-Tier 2 takes up a second magic Slot.

TIER THREE

Tier Three Charms are more complex and demanding than Tier Two Charms, requiring materials harvested from beasts found below the surface, in the coral forests. Tier Three unlocks the first round of pact abilities, listed below. Also unlocked at T3 is the ability to create magical prosthetics using Galdreres. Small body parts, like tongues and eyes, can simply be replaced with appropriately sized monster parts, a magical graft of sorts. More complex things like limbs require a replacement to be carved and assembled from bone, and these bone prosthetics require charging every week. While bone limbs do not have the limits of muscle and tiredness, they are more delicate and prone to cracking or breaking if placed under strain. At Tier Three, Galdr begin undergoing additional changes. The acquisition of aquatic traits like patches of scales and such becomes unavoidable, and their eyes change to a luminous blue-green sea hue. In addition, they obtain what is referred to as an “obsession”. Obsessions fall into very clear categories, and are quite literally obsessions with sometimes obscure or esoteric concepts. Obsessions can, in certain cases cripple a Galdr, as they will focus on the minor trivial details of their obsession, and ignore what’s happening around them. For instance, someone with the ‘Blood’ obsession might become entranced, listening to or feeling a heartbeat. The Obsessions are listed below, and below that is the list of T3 abilities and creations.

STARS - obsession with the night sky and astronomy, fascinated with their otherworldly light.

FLAME - obsession with heat and fire, and with the damage and change it can bring.

COMBAT - obsession with strength and skill, the development of the Floating Passage combat style used by the Adherents.

DEATH - obsession with death and the chill that comes with it. An unnatural interest in corpses and dead things.

SOUND - obsession with sound or music. The incessant need to fill silence with rhythm or mindless noise.

BLOOD - obsession with blood and injuries. Both the flow of blood, and its existence fascinates them, and they adore the color.

CHANCE - obsession with luck and chaos, with the unexpected. Often act first and think later, driven by their own unpredictable quirk.

TIME - obsession with the passage of time and seasons, and how it effects the world. Might sit for hours at a time, literally watching something grow.

SECRETS - obsession with information and secrets. Might horde objects of perceived worth, or take to “acquiring” other people's secret treasures.

(Dagoth)

KRAKEN ARMBAND

LOBSTER BRACER

MERMAID BELT

MORAY HEADBAND

(Noble Circle)

MASK OF THE CRAB

MASK OF THE EEL

MASK OF THE JELLYFISH

MASK OF THE MANTA

MASK OF THE SEAHORSE

MASK OF THE SNAIL

(V'acta)

V'ACTA'S CUIRASS

V’ACTA’S HELM

V’ACTA’S SHIELD

V’ACTA’S SWORD

Tier Three also includes new Charms:

BLESSING OF THE DEPTHS

WATERY DOME

WAVESPEAKER

-Tier 3 allows the creation of pact specific magic items, in addition to 3 new Charms.

-You can only make the items associated with your pact.

-Wavespeaker allows birdlike communication, but does not require a living creature that is tamed and trained. Instead it requires special bowls.

-Watery Dome will protect from fire and drowning, but not from physical attacks or most magics. Once the air inside runs out, the water sphere collapses.

-Bone limbs don’t get tired, but are much more fragile than normal limbs.
-Obsessions are intended to be both a drawback to the magic (a reflection of the instability caused by wielding inhuman magics), as well as an RP quirk.

-Tier 3 takes up a third magic slot.

TIER FOUR

Tier Four Charms are more complex and demanding than Tier Three Charms, requiring materials harvested from beasts that dwell in ocean trenches. Abilities available at Tier Four include:

BEFOULING

BLACK TENTACLE

CONDUIT

FETCH

-Tier 4 allows for 3 new Charms, as well as calling a special mystical beast that can act as a protector.

-The Defensive abilities of a Fetch are limited, and they can be temporarily destroyed.

-Tier 4 takes up a fourth magic slot.

TIER FIVE

Tier Five Charms are more complex and demanding than Tier Four Charms, requiring parts harvested from beasts that dwell in subaquatic cave systems. Abilities available at Tier Five include:

BREATH

CHOKING BRINE

CRYSTALCRAFT

DEPTHCALLER

GRASP OF THE DEPTHS

MAELSTROM

-Tier 5 allows you to create 3 new charms, as well as pact-specific tools that can assist you in your duties.
-Losing your pact item prevents you from using your tools at all.

-Summoning monsters is an inexact art, and isn’t even guaranteed to succeed. It can also backfire, resulting in an additional foe for you to contend with.

-All charms have their weaknesses and foils. No charm is absolute, no charm is infallible. Charms are also relatively fragile, given their materials and nature.

-Tier 5 takes up a fifth magic Slot.

BEYOND
CTWsZRSt1B6fQJxasdgJzNckYjG5PDxNpGCumUL_8_QOh3Zkg6OHlHzxiq6F5xiSZYXEgyOtxpz5XE8r9TKPvnumnPhKGrXW6FyIVHb8XAnZQ1c2Tf9b2zGcD2MQ86bnIucWitg

Tier Five isn’t necessarily the end, when it comes to Galderes. There is a transformation available to the most dedicated, those who wish to TRULY be close to their deity. By saying a prayer to Dresdrasil, and offering up their T5 Pact Item as well as a special charm assembled from five different materials (shallows, open sea, coral forest, abyssal trench, and subaquatic cavern), while at one of Dresdrasils altars, they can undertake this transformation, becoming what is referred to only as “Kin”. Kin no longer require a patron, but have become something akin to a patron themselves. They lack the raw power and potential of a true Patron, but can, in some cases, act in a similar way, such as forming pacts. Where a Patron can form infinite pacts, a Kin can only form three pacts at a time, meaning they can guide three students at a time past the basic charmcraft at Tier One. Being the nearest a Galdr can get to their Goddess, Kin is often the goal of all devoted Galdr, and it holds great religious significance for them. The actual ceremony of becoming Kin involves the sacrifice of your collar, pelt, pact focus, and the use of the special charm. This act of magic is sparked with just the speaking of a single word, which consumes their tools, activating the charm. Activation of the charm is a call and an invitation to Dresdrasil, resulting in her very briefly inhabiting the body of the Galdr in question. Staying too long would kill the Galdr, so she has just enough time to make a single act of magic, or answer a few questions, or even just look around and explore the area she was summoned in. She has about five minutes before she returns to her own body, but even that brief presence of divinity within their frail moral frame is enough to permanently alter them, body and soul.

As for what a Kin actually is, they’re more or less adopted members of Dresdrasil’s family, taking on a new appearance and new boons, as well as new weaknesses. Remaining in proximity to water sources provides Kin with immunity to aging, resistance to disease, and quick healing. However, as they are no longer quite mortal, they suffer from Dresdrasil’s curse, extended time spent in the sea washing away their memories over time. Spending time on the surface will restore SOME of their missing memories over time, but it’s generally an unpleasant process, reliving old memories and nightmares. Being aquatic creatures after their transformation, they get dehydrated more easily, and as such have a difficult time in hot, dry environments. As for their physical changes, only a few traits affect them all, the rest influenced by their pacts. All Gladr have a second set of eyelids, like a frog. The second set is transparent, and protects their eyes while they are submerged. When it comes to Lost Galdr, they take on traits of two sea creatures. Broken Galdr take on the traits of deep ocean creatures, generally more abyssal and monstrous traits. Redeemed Galdr take on one sea creature, and one creature of any kind.

Kin have a special ability, known as “the Uncarved” which allows them to cast spells without spending long periods of time creating charms. Now, they still have to carry the raw material on them, and can still only carry raw materials to perform 8 spells. The Uncarved ability works like this: the raw material charms made out of has always provided the power needed to cast, and the sigils carved into them decided the effect. No longer needing to carve, since their bodies are now in tune with the magic of their goddess, they can draw the sigils directly in the air while holding the material needed. The materials will still be expended, crumbling to dust, but the Kin saves great amounts of time, in no longer having to painstakingly carve each charm.

Galdr who have become Kin can also use their T5 pact power without a focus item, and can even temporarily create a second, watery version of their pact “weapon” that functions the same way their normal one does, though this second one only lasts 8 emotes. Even a third can be brought forth, though its appearance is spectral and it only lasts 3 emotes. But Kin have a great weakness that comes with all their power. Kin no longer revive at Cloud Temple. Instead, nearby bodies of water carry their souls to the sea, where they are reborn from one of Dresdrasil's altars. While this sounds like a blessing, if a Kin is slain in a place without water sources, their soul becomes trapped. When this happens, Dresdrasil sends vague dreams of the location to other Kin and Galdr, with no context. If a Kin or Galdr reaches the site, they can capture the Kin's soul in their lantern, and carry it back to the altars themselves. If this is not accomplished within 5 elven days, the Kin dies permanently, Dresdrasil claiming their soul for her realm, the Sunset Shoals.

Becoming Kin gives you access to these special ability:

ELDRITCH LINK

KINSBLOOD

SKEIN

-Being your own Patron is largely aesthetic, though it does mean effects that would normally cut you off from your ‘deity’ don’t affect you, since your power comes from within rather than without. You are not a god, but you are able to do a few things other Galdr cannot.

-At the point one becomes Kin, interaction with your Patron is no longer necessary, unless you wish to receive missions/quests from them for physical rewards or prestige. Any Patron interactions beyond Kin are unrelated to learning additional parts of the magic.

-Kin transformations do not impart the abilities of the creatures that influence your new appearance (meaning you couldn’t for example, take the camouflaging ability of a cuttlefish, or the lethal poison of a puffer). RPly, the creature selections are random and have no rhyme or reason outside of relating to your Pact type. But each Kin can, within reason, choose their own appearance oocly.

-A Skein can only be made by Kin, and can only disguise a person as themself, specifically their original humanoid form. If you want to look different from how your character did before, illusions are more reliable.

-Skeins aren’t perfect, and there are signs a Skein-wearer isn’t what they appear (their shadow, their reflection, the failure of a skein due to strong emotion).

-A Skein is easily damaged, and tears in the Skein no longer conceal a Kin’s true nature. Damage taken by a hidden Kin is guaranteed to damage the Skein.

- Should a Kin die far away from any natural sources of water, they cannot reform properly at Dresdrasil’s altar. Another Galdr must manually retrieve their soul at their place of death and bring it back to an Altar within 5 Elven days or they will be lost forever.

- While inland, valid sources of water should be naturally occuring, at least the size of a small pond, and within 3 minutes of walking (About 150 blocks/9 chunks). This restriction is lifted on islands that are surrounded by the sea.

-Kin MUST remain largely humanoid. They always strongly resemble the person they used to be.
-Kin only receive one monster ability, which is picked randomly using a number generator.
-You cannot stack Kin with other transformations.
-Becoming Kin requires sacrificing your Pact item, as well as a ceremony.

REDLINES

GENERAL REDLINES
-Galdr Magic is learned from a teacher or a patron, alongside a Tome in which the knowledge is recorded.

-Each chapter explains one Tier of the magic.

-Receiving a Hextome requires a specific ceremony.

-Hextomes can’t be copied or translated.

-Hextomes can be shared.
-Only Charms that have been approved can be utilized (leaving room for the creation of new, lore approved charms). Charms and other such items must be signed by LT.

-The “tell” for Galderes is that the charms produce their own ghostly light, often a pale green-blue hue. Glowing items: dead giveaway. Higher Tiers have different tells. For instance, the starry eyes of a Redeemed, or the blue-green glowing eyes of T3 and above Galdr, which seem to leak light, leaving trails.

-Learning successive Tiers requires the intervention of your patron, but only minimally. Essentially, they give you the means to translate the next chapter.

-You cannot learn any diety magic alongside this one.

-A Galdr can only carry so many charms, usually 8, plus charms that do not require storage.

-Galderes takes up 5 magic slots.

SPELL SPECIFIC REDLINES
-Befouling: Rarely lethal, easily cured with the right resources.
-Blessing of the Depths: It just brings stuff to shore in RP.

-Brackish Tentacle: The Tentacle requires a certain amount of water, and recharging.

-Breath: requires the free use of your hands and mouth. Lack of those prevents it from being used. If you are separated from your symbiote, you cannot use Breath. Symbiote must be touching bare skin.

-Choking Brine: charm never lasts more than a day, and almost never kills. Multiple counters.

-Conduit: cannot be moved once assembled, and require 3 Galdr to create. When damaged, they shut down. Can only attack one target at a time.

-Dagoth Armband: no real combat applications outside grappling.

-Dagoth Belt: none, just a swim speed item.

-Dagoth Bracer: the claw can be damaged, and injuries will carry over to your normal hand.

-Dagoth Headband: the snake has limited range, and can be damaged and cut, damaging your actual hair.
-Dagoth’s Breath: limited time, only 4 hours of air. Requires recharging.
-Depthcaller: need to befriend the monster first in order to call it, charm is easily destroyed.

-Fetch: you only get one Fetch a day, and it only lasts 15-20 minutes. Sizes vary based on number of summoners. Can be destroyed temporarily

-Gorvu’s Shield: barrier is composed of salt crystal, and can be relatively easily broken. If disarmed, shield disappears and barrier crumbles. Can be broken or stolen, forcing it to be replaced.

-Horn of Flowing Waters: None. It's a magic water bottle.

-Kenatl’s Compass: it won't stop serious environmental conditions, only things like heat, cold, sunlight. It can't always guide you, only can show you the way to things you know. If knocked away, compass vanishes. Can be broken or stolen, forcing its replacement.

-Kinsblood: 5 emotes between each use, each player only gets ONE of these 8 abilities, selected randomly.

-Loyalty: cannot return to its master from far-off distance (this isn’t Thor’s hammer) and must be within sight for the charm to properly work. If the trident is thrown and then lost out of sight, such as down a hill, the charm’s activation can still take place, but the trident will have a more difficult time returning to its master, taking up another emote of time. Any unreasonable distance away from the sight of the battle or starting point will result in no return at all.
-Lure: none, it's a magic fishing string.

-Maelstrom: it only lasts 6 emotes, and isn't guaranteed to trap or hold a target. Also requires enough space.
-Mask of the Crab: storms are localized to about a 10 block radius, and cannot be controlled. Breaks after 2 weeks, 1 if used often.

-Mask of the Eel: the size of the path is fixed, 4 blocks behind, 3 blocks ahead, 1 on each side. Breaks after 2 weeks, 1 week if used often.

-Mask of the Jellyfish: only allows communication with sea monsters, clashes with a druid’s control. Breaks after 2 weeks, 1 week if used often.
-Mask of the Manta: only so much water can be used, and the range is limited. Breaks after 2 weeks. 1 if used often.
-Mask of the Seahorse: you can only purify small areas at a time, like a well. Breaks after 2 weeks, 1 if used often.
-Mask of the Snail: breaks after 2 weeks, 1 if used often.
-Ohzra’s Fan: basically a pushing tool, no obvious combat applications other than avoidance. Can be broken or stolen, forcing it to be replaced.

-Pelt: no special fish abilities, just appearance and unlimited water breathing.

-Purity: it can only weaken poisons and curses, not cure them instantly.

-Qhonphall’s Bow: several shots are required to stun, and you can still miss. If disarmed, bow vanishes. Can be stolen or broken, forcing it to be replaced.

-Shroud: just a concealment item, the mist is easily dispersed by air evocation or strong winds. Require replacement over time.
-Skein: easily damaged, hard to replace. Multiple weaknesses, such as shadows, mirrors, and strong emotions.
-Strangling Seaweed: seaweed dries up and breaks after a few emotes.
-Tecti’s Dagger:  if disarmed, dagger vanishes. Can be broken or stolen, requiring it to be replaced.

-Umbral Knight: time consuming to summon, and you're vulnerable to your own magic. It can be dispersed by bright light, but also requires light to function.

-V’acta Cuirass: breaks down on its own after a week, weaker than iron armor.

-V’acta Helm: breaks down after a week, weaker than iron armor.

-V’acta Shield: breaks down after a week, weaker than iron armor.
-V’acta Sword: breaks down after a week, weaker than iron weapons.

-Watery Dome: doesn’t block most magic or projectiles or physical attacks. Blocks fire evocation and protects from drowning.
-Wavespeaker: need a bowl to use it, bowls are not movable.

-Yivi’s Shamisen: if disarmed, shamisen disappears. Short range. Can be stolen or broken, requiring the item to be replaced.

WEAKNESSES AND COUNTERS
-Requires the use of charms. No charms, almost no magic.
-Using charms requires both your hands hand your voice. Lacking either prevents the use of this magic, unless you can write the Eldritch Sign that activates your charms.
-Galdr can be disarmed, making it hard for them to use abilities.
-Being away from the sea strips Kin of their eternal youth, resistance to disease, and fast healing, until they return to it.

REACTIONS TO MAGIC AND CREATURES
-Clashes with Druidism on communicating with sea creatures.

PURPOSE

The purpose of Galderes is to create an rp-intensive magic that revolves around one of the least used and explored parts of every LOTC map: the ocean. The Old One, Dresdrasil, the former Daemon of Abundance, has existed for a while just for flavor, but has had no purpose outside of that.Thallassos briefly, and indirectly, changed that until it was shelved, but it never actually involved Dresdrasil, just one of her many Children. Galderes is a magic that, unlike others, relies almost entirely on crafting, but relies on the hunting and slaying of rogue monsters in order to fuel that magic with materials.  So it fits into three rather empty niches: item based magic, ocean magic, and ocean rp. Enchanting EXISTS but its not a form of magic on its own, just an extension of Void magic.

CITATIONS

https://www.lordofthecraft.net/forums/topic/155190-the-old-ones-daemons/

https://www.lordofthecraft.net/forums/topic/179791-creature-lore-children-of-dresdrasil/  (COMPANION PIECE)

Edited by JuniperSelkie

I think this is an absolutely wonderful idea. It would be nice to have actual player-created sea creatures with their own magic, culture, and perhaps even cities under the ocean. The effect on political and magical RP would be immense (one nation wouldn’t be able to control or easily exterminate everything), and the RP would be very unique.

+1 I hope this gets implemented.

Fantastic write up. Did you alone write this whole lore, or was there other people?

This is great.  It’s a very unique magic system, and I’ve always been a sucker for charms and trinkets.

Great read, and i think it could have its place on lotc

Firstly: The Phantom Craft? Really? It sounds like a minecraft metal gear solid server.

Second: Why did you literally just copy the story from this World of Warcraft trailer. Did you think nobody would notice, or did you not want to come up with a more original idea? Like, you didn’t change a single thing except the names and some of the dialogue to just be the same thing said differently.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hndyTy3uiZM

1 minute ago, Parkins said:

Firstly: The Phantom Craft? Really? It sounds like a minecraft metal gear solid server.

Second: Why did you literally just copy the story from this World of Warcraft trailer. Did you think nobody would notice, or did you not want to come up with a more original idea? Like, you didn’t change a single thing except the names and some of the dialogue to just be the same thing said differently.

I want to know more if this is true, but since your link is 404, we’re SOL.

Also, I’d like to state something I found odd here, the spiritual aspects of this feel like a direct rip of Wicca texts as well, but that’s neither here nor there.

As a puddlemancer I can affirm that this looks like a good puddle

I’d slap my +1 on it

7 hours ago, Themeatrics said:

Fantastic write up. Did you alone write this whole lore, or was there other people?

I spent 5 and a half months on this, during which I involved several other people to read over it and let me know what could use improvement. This is, in fact the fifth version that was written.

1 hour ago, Parkins said:

I’ll admit, my fluff story was rather inspired by the Warbringers Azshara Trailer. Granted, the circumstances are the same: sinking civilization brought to ruin, a survivor makes contact with an otherworldly power. But as John Steinbeck said, “I believe that there is one story in the world, and only one.” This means there are no TRUELY original ideas. Every idea is inspired by something that already exists. In fact, most lore on LOTC is blatantly ripped from video game. That, and it makes for a really good origin story.

1 hour ago, Auriel_ said:

Also, I’d like to state something I found odd here, the spiritual aspects of this feel like a direct rip of Wicca texts as well, but that’s neither here nor there.

Well, you’d be correct that my spiritual aspects are similar to Wicca. And there’s a reason for that! My magic is heavily inspired by ancient Norse and Anglo-saxon witchcraft, so it’s inevitable that there would be similarities to modern Wicca.

Edited by JuniperSelkie

3 hours ago, Auriel_ said:

51 minutes ago, The King Of The Moon said:

“Mind if I copy your homework?”

Thalassos and World of Warcraft: “Sure just change a few things so it’s not obvious.”

Actually, my magic is very little like Thallassos. Different Deity, different mechanics, different effects, and an entirely different form of use. No singing here bro.

Maybe try actual feedback, instead of a half-baked comparison to a magic that got shelved due to inactivity.

Edited by JuniperSelkie

3 hours ago, JuniperSelkie said:

I spent 5 and a half months on this, during which I involved several other people to read over it and let me know what could use improvement. This is, in fact the fifth version that was written.

I cant wait for this if it comes through. I love the whole idea so much of having a very ritualistic magic that isn’t all just stupidly op in combat, this is really balanced. Your time was well spent because this is swell and I just think its great.