[Completed]A rant about the Application Team

Jakraes

So, as you could see in the title, I’ll be ranting about the AT. Perhaps this has been done a million times but it has to be adressed over and over again until something changes;

Recently, I’ve roleplayed with a few new players, and they deeply annoyed me... They were using abbreviations, broken english (Pretty much broken grammar and not knowing how to properly write words. I’m not going to say that my english wasn’t bad back when I joined but at least I had an idea of what I was writing and I was smart enough to google a word if I did not know how to write it) ,and it seemed to me that some of them were able to be accepted without even reading the rules and the most basic lore of their own race;

Back in Vailor, which was the current realm during the time that I joined, the Application Team was much more competent, you had to perhaps apply two times at least if you didn’t have a near perfect backstory with race lore, a decent backstory with actual story from the server. You went into the server with the basics of its backstory as well as the backstory of your race and you could create some decent roleplay out of that, but now... New players join and don’t even know how the biology of their race works, powergaming as much as they can, saying that they can do this they can do that even if it’s clearly written in wiki pages that they cannot;

Even if it is a player’s job to accept a new one and teach them the how everything works, then at least the AT sould make sure the new player is somewhat decent with server knowledge.

The filter has become too loose, please do something about it AT, it’s in your control after all.

So were you just like incapable of helping new players or what? 

I was a complete noob when I started as well. Players like you shunned me away, which is why I quit the Empire back in Axios. Other players took me under their wing and made me a much better roleplayer and which is why I’ve stayed to this day.

Funny how much being nice to someone who could be on their first serious rp server could go a long way huh

13 hours ago, Its_Just_Leap said:

So were you just like incapable of helping new players or what? 

I did help but they sarcastically took the info, at first I thought they really did appreciate the information but then I understood that they thought I was joking you see, as well as some other people who were trying to roleplay with the player. That’s why I’m annoyed with some new players, it’s as if they don’t want to be helped.

2 hours ago, jetboydan said:

I was a complete noob when I started as well. Players like you shunned me away, which is why I quit the Empire back in Axios. Other players took me under their wing and made me a much better roleplayer and which is why I’ve stayed to this day.

Funny how much being nice to someone who could be on their first serious rp server could go a long way huh

I think it was a good idea for you to find another group of players, perhaps I wasn’t clear enough when I wrote the post. But there are players which just seem to do their own thing without wanting opinions on their roleplay you see, they don’t want to be helped.

Well on the other hand, nobody is perfect and I imagine they have to deal with a lot of stuff and players too, might consider that too when judging them.

This thread has been deemed inactive and the debate concluded. If you feel this was mistake, please contact a moderator.