[✗] [Feat] Dark Shamanism

The King Of The Moon

1 hour ago, Tato said:

Wonderful work. I may have missed it – but seeing as one uses a regular Shamanism MA, and this is a feat – is there anything stopping a Dark Shaman from teaching another w/ a TA in the relevant Shamanism Subtype, but not teaching them the Dark Shamanism feat (ie. Teaching them normal shamanism). I assume there theoretically is, but I don't see anything in the lore (may have missed it).

If someone is a regular shaman with a regular TA they can teach someone who’s using the spirit’s true name instead of a usual pact (though I don’t really know what IC reasoning said teacher would have).

If done in the reverse (where a dark shaman has a TA in the relevant subtype) then the student would have to either be pacted by another shaman before lessons begin or just read the book of names and become a dark shaman, as dark shamans (lacking pacts themselves) would logically be unable to establish pacts for others with spirits.

Furthermore regular shamans can transition into dark shamans by learning the true names of the relevant spirits of their magics and abandoning their pacts. In this scenario they’d remain the same tier in elementalism, spirit smithing or witchdoctry but would immediately lose any of the more ‘religious’ and ‘involved’ subtypes like farseeing and lutaumancy upon forming their naakh as the spirits would shun them fairly promptly.

Hope that answers your question(s)!

I agree with this ****, mordu what a degenerate you are 

Doesn’t seem any stronger than regular Shamanism, just seems to open people up to PK clauses, which will make them be hunted. 

On 3/16/2019 at 3:02 PM, The King Of The Moon said:

-Dark shamans can only learn elementalism, spirit smithing or witchdoctory. They can not farseeing or lutaumancy. They can however learn any other non-shamanic magic in line with their own requirements. 

Hmmmmmmm

If accepted I expect Gadhaal, my dark shaman teacher to still have the magic and a TA. After our magic was threatened by every shaman and LT member I could talk to i gave up on it. Any dark shamanism will do as long as it's not shelved 

This lore has been denied as per this thread: click me. 2 weeks were given to reformat and correct the submission to match the current criteria, which were not done.

If you believe this is a mistake (as this was a big sweep, yours may have been overlooked), please contact me over the forums here: click me.