THE ROYAL DUMA

THE ROYAL DUMA OF THE KINGDOM OF HANSETI-RUSKA

-U5kNJQlxFrfeWfZHuPj0ov5vrI6bfs_3W1euJCGH0tzWd1Wz8thS3Ec-risMZnm2CIbwFNB_XFo5TalIw0tmLyMefrtEiSbbOHMUEIsws5pgZMww9FDhqUsa-ST4UbJgVE63bme

Graced with wisdom and foresight by God, His Royal Majesty, King Marius of House Barbanov, does see fit to recreate the traditional legislature of the Kingdom of Hanseti-Ruska. In doing so, His Royal Majesty hopes to usher in an era of prosperity and justice to the Kingdom.

ARTICLE I | The Crown

SECTION I | Defining the Crown

SECTION II | Role of the Crown

ARTICLE II | The Duma

SECTION I | Composition of the Duma

SUBSECTION I | Lord Maer of Markev

SUBSECTION II | Royal Aldermans

SUBSECTION III | The Speaker

SECTION II | Role of the Duma

SUBSECTION I | Responsibilities of the Duma

SUBSECTION II | Powers of the Duma

ARTICLE I | The Crown

SECTION I | Defining the Crown

The Crown of the Royal State of the Dual Monarchy of Hanseti and Ruska, referred to as the Crown of Haense or the Crown of Hanseti-Ruska, and its constituent jurisdictions is the functioning leading government of the Royal State of Haense. The Crown of Haense is led by the Monarch of Haense, who is advised by the council of nobility referred to as the Aulic Council, under the authority of the Lord Palatine of the Realm.

SECTION II | Role of the Crown

The Crown of Haense leads the Royal Duma of Haense, and regulates legislature brought to and passed from the Duma. The Crown of Haense maintains veto powers over legislation to maintain the peace and order of the Royal State of Haense

ARTICLE II | The Duma

SECTION I | Composition of the Duma

The Royal Duma of Haense shall be comprised of the Patriarch from each Noble House within the Kingdom of Hanseti-Ruska, two Royal Aldermans, the Maer of Reza and the Herzen of the Duma which is to be appointed by the Monarch of Haenseti-Ruska.

SUBSECTION I | The Lord Maer of Reza

The Lord Maer of Reza is an elected member of the Duma who is to sit on the Royal Duma. The Election of the Lord Maer is to be conducted

SUBSECTION II | Royal Aldermans

The Royal Aldermans are elected councillors to the Royal Duma of Haense. The Royal Aldermans are selected by election held by the Office of the Chancellery. Royal Aldermans must be fourteen years of age, with the last five years spent within the borders of the Royal State of Haense. They must be innocent of any standing crimes and never have committed treason to the Crown of Haense. A term limit of four years shall be in place for the Royal Aldermans and is infinitely renewable.

SUBSECTION III | The Patriarchs of the Duma

The Patriarchs of the Duma shall consist of any Patriarch of a Noble House within the Kingdom of Hanseti-Ruska. They are to attend the Duma and vote, acting in good faith and intention for the Kingdom. If they are unable to attend, they may send a substitute to the Duma.

SUBSECTION IV| The Herzen of the Duma

The Herzen of the Duma is appointed by the Crown is to act in the interest of the Crown. The Herzen is to organize, schedule, plan and vote on Duma Matters. They shall oversee the Duma when in session, acting as the mediator and authority.

SECTION II | Role of the Duma

The Royal Duma shall be a royal institution of the Crown of Haense, and exhibit the responsibilities and powers vested therein. The body acts as an advisory council to the Monarch of Haense and as a creator of policy legislation in the Royal State.

SUBSECTION I | Responsibilities of the Duma

The Royal Duma shall be granted the following powers, to enact in faith to the people and Crown of Hanseti-Ruska;

To levy taxes and bills of revenue upon Royal State lands and estates,

To establish and mandate both civil and martial infrastructural works,

To regulate laws and domestic policies of the Royal State,

To approve treaties between the Royal State and foreign powers,

To charter Royal Guilds and Royal Companies,

To provide an official endorsement on the appointment of the Lord Chancellor and Palatine of the Realm,

To provide an official endorsement on the appointment of the Auditor of the Realm,

To enact proposals for naturalization and citizenship,

To create Royal Militias during states of emergency,

To mandate national holidays,

And to create organized political institutions within the Royal Duma.

SUBSECTION II | Powers of the Duma

The Royal Duma shall be granted the following powers, to enact in faith to the people and Crown of Hanseti-Ruska;

To levy taxes and bills of revenue upon Royal State lands and estates,

To establish and mandate both civil and martial infrastructural works,

To regulate laws and domestic policies of the Royal State,

To approve treaties between the Royal State and foreign powers,

To charter Royal Guilds and Royal Companies,

To provide an official endorsement on the appointment of the Lord Chancellor and Palatine of the Realm,

To provide an official endorsement on the appointment of the Auditor of the Realm,

To enact proposals for naturalization and citizenship,

To create Royal Militias during states of emergency,

To mandate national holidays,

And to create organized political institutions within the Royal Duma.

Signed,

His Majesty, King Marius II of Hanseti and Ruska, Grand Hetman of the Army, Prince of  Kusoraev, Dules, Ulgaard, Lahy, Sorbesborg and Slesvik, Margrave of Rothswald, Count of Karikhov, Baranya, Kavat, Karovia, Torun, and Kaunas, Viscount of Alamar, Baron of Valwyk, Rostig, Esenstadt, Krepost and Kralta, Lord of the Westfolk, Lord of Markev, Protector of the Highlanders, etcetera.

Edited by Kingdom of Haense