Sign in to follow this  
Vaasek

THE WEDDING OF WINDSOR AND D'ORLEANS

83UblBqMYW6KurdbGQGxF6BrFhQ7psoIYLdDScuP18TKXLc8Qx1jfkkGibJVmnnIUoPWUohxX0gVyk4g3snYxMN2jKGjS-bHe70AYAUlbJLTNcNLrOCVYKAt-H5IdSiVDRhQupBc

Persistence will achieve.

The day had started fairly slow, all things considered. On Philippe’s mind, nothing but what was to occur in that day. Fixing himself some food inside the d’Orléans household in Helena, which admittedly was not big, a humble spot, the groom had to be ready. Adriana, too, was getting ready, though in her family’s mansion. A Windsor, and proud one was she. Today would mean union. Matrimony, under the eyes of God and Men. It meant a lot. A big deal. Sealing the alliance of d’Orléans-Windsor. Philippe had been chosen by Nathaniel Windsor to lead the levies of Belfoire, and had given blessing for the man to marry his sister.

And that day had come. Finally, after some hours of dire waiting, Philippe stepped out of his home, dressed finely in rather exuberant colours, though most related to black, red and white. Purple and green spots on his undershirt as well as a brown cloak with golden linings on the edges followed him. Arriving at the Cathedral, which for Philippe wasn’t all that hard, given how he lived nearby, he waited a bit more, and then, his beloved had also arrived.

After the frivolities of introductions and chit-chat, the officiating Bishop called for all to come to the inside of the Cathedral. Once they all took seats, the Bishop begam the ceremony.

“There is nothing more sacred than holy matrimony. The union of men and woman under the eyes of God. Love, perfect love. It pleases me to see such happy couple and it is my honor and my duty to perform this. Philippe d’Orleans, do you take Adriana Windsor as your loving wife, in the estate of Holy Matrimony under God?”

“I do.” The man responded, a bright smile on his face.

“Will you love her, honor her, comfort her, in sickness and health, and keeping her as long as you both shall live?”

“I will.” The crowd, about 30 people, applauded at the man’s vows were complete.

“And do you, Adriana Windsor, take Philippe d’Orleans as your loving husband, in the estate of Holy Matrimony under God?”

“I do.” She responded, allowing a single tear down as had Philippe. Joy, purest.

“Will you love him, honor him, comfort him, in sickness and health, and keeping her as long as you both shall live?”

“I will.”

“THEN I DECLARE THEE, UNDER THE POWER VESTED IN ME BY GOD,  AND THE SACRED DUTY THAT IS HIS WORD, HUSBAND AND WIFE! YOU MAY KISS THE BRIDE!”

As the two kissed, the crowd stood and erupted into a series of cheers and applauds for the couple, who proceeded to turn about and walk down the middle of the Cathedral. After some festivities, for a day or so, they had a new life to life.

A life as Adriana and Philippe d’Orleans.

“Ave d’Orleans” *the man states as he oversees construction of his new Family Estate.