[✓] Clarifications on Orcs

_Jandy_

+1! i was just asking someone for something like this!

i will never accept goblins that aren’t midget goblins,  this human sized green man thing is disgusting and vile

57 minutes ago, _Jandy_ said:

Orog:

(Braduks are a kind of Orog)

Height: 8’0 - 8’6

Weight: 450 - 750 pounds

Mental Capacity: Headlong

-Define headlong.

Orcs can live to a maximum age of 400 years old and no longer

-You know as well as I do that staff do not enforce age restrictions, they just don’t want something stupid like “2000 year old human.” Normal staff don’t enforce it, it’s those really strict gavel and hammer staff that enforce it, and then ban you.

(^Telanir’s response is what I was aiming for)

What this essentially means in practice is that a purple orc (fused complexion) may exist though if the purple orc were to breed with a sand colored orc (natural complexion) the child would not be pink but rather the child would be sand colored.

-Oof, looks like Jandy is out to limit the blessing of orc rainbow! (Jk, I kind of support this, mostly cause pink orcs are a terrible idea. I shove pink orcs into rivers.)

2 hours ago, _Jandy_ said:

Mental Capacity: Retarded

Thank you, this made me giggle

Edit: Having read this through I just don’t get what the big deal is about killing off orcs, four hundred was set as the average life expectancy due to early death in battle no? They are otherwise technically “immortal” like elves and dwarves. (who of course have their own expected death age) Back when I was a moderator the steps were put in place to allow players to choose or hide age from their player card (Possibly even set their own age?), alleviating the stupid problem of constantly trying to manage and kill off players characters from old age. Either list your age and pk when you hit four hundred OR don’t list it at all, do whatever the **** you want. You’re never going to get strict pk rules and ridiculously and unsuitably old characters will always stand out and be addressed in one form or another

P.S I like the subrace idea a lot and everything else you wrote. Would be cool if you could include something about horns or whatever we’re calling them so it’s all grouped in this one post. (even if it was just a reference spoiler at the end with links I guess) @_Jandy_

20 minutes ago, Quintessential said:

-Define headlong.

They are quick to action, they don’t fully think out the consequences of things, they will act first and ask questions later, in many circumstances they may forgo their own well being in the heat of the moment.

22 minutes ago, Quintessential said:

-You know as well as I do that staff do not enforce age restrictions, they just don’t want something stupid like “2000 year old human.” Normal staff don’t enforce it, it’s those really strict gavel and hammer staff that enforce it, and then ban you.

Orcs: The Orcs’s age limit has been more player run than lore stated and was left to the hint vagueness of that lore to where its unclear of what the cap really is. In the lore itself, it was stated ‘the oldest orc KNOWN to have lived was around 400’. Which leads to questions and not a firm confirmation. Is it known at the time? Does that mean orcs can live pass that? Can another orc go pass that age and be recorded as the oldest living? When its written like that, it’s rather a headache more than anything. Now, if the orc community wants to have it set at 400 (or whatever they prefer really), then by all means, they can do the process of getting it lore confirmed. But until then, it’s not a confirmed known.”

-Delmodan (LT Manager)

Though I do understand your point I wanted to make clear why I involved this particular clarification, it is because it was what the LT advised be done.

Gonna be real with you chief, between being unable to understand how they speak, and a few nasty encounters I tend to avoid RPing with Orcs, but this made me a bit more open to the idea, and is, simply put, real friggin’ neato.

2 minutes ago, SimplySeo said:

Gonna be real with you chief, between being unable to understand how they speak, and a few nasty encounters I tend to avoid RPing with Orcs, but this made me a bit more open to the idea, and is, simply put, real friggin’ neato.

Thanks brother, if you ever have questions you can hmu and I can even set you up with a skin.

orcs shouldn’t be 8 feet that’s massive change my mind

I don’t think that these orc hybrids should exist, or rather, should exist like that. As they are, they are strictly stronger versions of the core races. I’ve seen people do smart “olog” rp while they were clearly playing uruks. Your meaning of headlong just doesn’t do it for me either. Ologs were made to be a ca because of the players’ abuse of the racial boundaries and I think this is just going to press the boundary further.

I feel like the strength of Orcs needs to be clarified.  Many people think Orcs just have strong slow-twitch muscle fibers, as in being able to lift things, although that seems ridiculous to me when you consider their lifestyle.  Orcs would have the strength of a Chimpanzee or Gorilla, considering how tall they are, meaning they are strong in all forms of muscle fibers, so that they are capable of hunting, killing and feasting on the large beasts they are required to consume to not starve.  Perhaps you could add a section about their strength to weight ratio and motorfunctions/balance.  Too many people think Orcs are strong, bumbling idiots.

3 hours ago, Killmatronix said:

I don’t think that these orc hybrids should exist, or rather, should exist like that. As they are, they are strictly stronger versions of the core races. I’ve seen people do smart “olog” rp while they were clearly playing uruks. Your meaning of headlong just doesn’t do it for me either. Ologs were made to be a ca because of the players’ abuse of the racial boundaries and I think this is just going to press the boundary further.

These hybrids aren’t meant to be additional subtypes exactly but rather to clarify the boundaries of the potential breeding results that orcs may have have. Recently there was an issue I observed where a player was playing a half-olog character to circumvent the CA process attached to Ologs. Also the redlines for Orogs that I have laid out are not a change, these are the current limitations that Flamboyant asked to be made to the Braduks about... 6 months ago maybe? 

10 hours ago, z3m0s said:

four hundred was set as the average life expectancy due to early death in battle no?

No.
The oldest Orc to ever live was Craotor of Clan Lur, who died of old age on the turning of his four hundredth year” (Source)

10 hours ago, z3m0s said:

You’re never going to get strict pk rules and ridiculously and unsuitably old characters will always stand out and be addressed in one form or another

As mentioned previously this was the course of action suggested by Delmodan and now seemed like an appropriate time to follow through on her advice. If the staff truly does outright refuse to enforce the server’s lore then I imagine such a situation would be brought to the entire server’s attention through a public report, also to stop beating around the bush we’re talking about Hedgehug pretty much and he doesn’t particularly fancy breaking the server lore afaik.

1 hour ago, _Jandy_ said:

These hybrids aren’t meant to be additional subtypes exactly but rather to clarify the boundaries of the potential breeding results that orcs may have have. Recently there was an issue I observed where a player was playing a half-olog character to circumvent the CA process attached to Ologs. Also the redlines for Orogs that I have laid out are not a change, these are the current limitations that Flamboyant asked to be made to the Braduks about... 6 months ago maybe? 

Will the hybrids not require CAs? They’re all strictly stronger than their respective counterparts. I think that’s going to only make matters worse, letting people play hybrids, with or without a CA.