[✓] Clarifications on Orcs

_Jandy_

7 minutes ago, Killmatronix said:

Will the hybrids not require CAs? They’re all strictly stronger than their respective counterparts. I think that’s going to only make matters worse, letting people play hybrids, with or without a CA.

Braduks as it stands do not require CAs. Neither should hybrids. That would kill them off, as far as I know I’m the only active TRUE Olog. Right now, the most common Orogs (Uruk and Olog) are Bloodline Braduks. Which require permission from a CURRENT and ACTIVE Braduk to play their child. They can return a character, as long as someone can vouch for them. 

1 minute ago, Slothtastic said:

Braduks as it stands do not require CAs. Neither should hybrids. That would kill them off, as far as I know I’m the only active TRUE Olog. Right now, the most common Orogs (Uruk and Olog) are Bloodline Braduks. Which require permission from a CURRENT and ACTIVE Braduk to play their child. They can return a character, as long as someone can vouch for them. 

They’re bigger than uruks while negating the one negative trait of ologs, one meant to keep them in check. Do you see no issue with the race? That, and the lack of any moderation, makes me have serious doubts about the lore. As for it getting rped, as far as I know, there was no lore written for it prior to this, all rped by the discretion of the orog player.

grobogs by themselves should come with serious, serious drawbacks in playing them if it’s to ever really exist

orogs feel like an orcs attempt at being a special snowflake quite like how people do race-mixing / half breeds with elves with next to no actual drawbacks aside of dual curses or otherwise lack of fertility

35 minutes ago, Killmatronix said:

They’re bigger than uruks while negating the one negative trait of ologs, one meant to keep them in check. Do you see no issue with the race? That, and the lack of any moderation, makes me have serious doubts about the lore. As for it getting rped, as far as I know, there was no lore written for it prior to this, all rped by the discretion of the orog player.

With all due respect you do not know what you are talking about and every word you say only further proves this. This issue has already been resolved by the LT and this post exists to codify those decisions. Flambo has said, because I did ask him, that Olog hybrids would not require a CA unless they are abused to a point where such a solution seems needed. 

2 minutes ago, Auriel_ said:

grobogs by themselves should come with serious, serious drawbacks in playing them if it’s to ever really exist

feel free to make an actual suggestion as to what those drawbacks should be.

3 minutes ago, Auriel_ said:

orogs feel like an orcs attempt at being a special snowflake quite like how people do race-mixing / half breeds with elves with next to no actual drawbacks aside of dual curses or otherwise lack of fertility

currently braduks are limited to be born through legitimate bloodline rp, similar to the restrictions on noble families. though I do need to make the ammendment to make clear the separation between the hybrids of the uruk/olog and the braduks.

1 minute ago, _Jandy_ said:

With all due respect you do not know what you are talking about and every word you say only further proves this. This issue has already been resolved by the LT and this post exists to codify those decisions. Flambo has said, because I did ask him, that Olog hybrids would not require a CA unless they are abused to a point where such a solution seems needed. 

I don’t understand what you’re referring to when saying that my words prove I know nothing. I’m only referring to your lore post and expressing my opinion on it. There’s absolutely no reason for you to react like that. As for hybrids not requiring a CA, I don’t think I agree with that choice by the ST. It’s just a cheap way to make stronger orc characters. Taking the best of both worlds.

11 minutes ago, _Jandy_ said:

feel free to make an actual suggestion as to what those drawbacks should be.

currently braduks are limited to be born through legitimate bloodline rp, similar to the restrictions on noble families. though I do need to make the ammendment to make clear the separation between the hybrids of the uruk/olog and the braduks.

‘Standard’ On the subject of their mental status, I understand this could mean ‘standard’, to the date and time that we’re RPing in, or standard as in we (generally, the royal we) could see these individuals in a library reading as they would.

doesn’t seem right to me, as I understand it currently goblins are already rather dexterous and as you state – witty, something that no one really contests, mixing those, + the average build of a goblin and the quite literal ‘retardation’ of the Olog, baring in mind their mental capacity in lore has been stated to be near ‘child-like’, if not infantile.

drawbacks should either be mild in-set narrow thinking, (lacking critical thinking, more sporadic motions and thought) or physiologically speaking, bone-damage/spinal issues early down the line in orc life regardless upbringing

we bare in mind here that i’m speaking strictly from a ‘how does this make sense’ standpoint, not that I have any stock in the orcish race altogether because I don’t, I want to see a piece that makes sense, though.

Further edit! 

I don’t really care all too much on the subject of the ‘Braduks’, I’ve seen an awful lot of these in the past and I don’t particularly know if that’s exactly very common or otherwise. Many people abused the braduk brand so to speak to get past Olog-ness and be insanely potent and also smart, which, as stated, does not make sense to me barring anatomy/science.

Edited by Auriel_

1 minute ago, Auriel_ said:

drawbacks should either be mild in-set narrow thinking, (lacking critical thinking, more sporadic motions and thought)

I quite like this, thanks for the suggestion.

12 minutes ago, Auriel_ said:

I don’t really care all too much on the subject of the ‘Braduks’, I’ve seen an awful lot of these in the past and I don’t particularly know if that’s exactly very common or otherwise. Many people abused the braduk brand so to speak to get past Olog-ness and be insanely potent and also smart, which, as stated, does not make sense to me barring anatomy/science.

Braduks are now being played like Noble families, once again. Requiring someone to be the child of one. We’re also limited to being 6 inches taller than the max height of an Orc currently but with some bigger weight differences. If anyone is claiming to be Bloodline without being on my post: “Scarcity of the Braduks” (which I will be updating), then you may talk to me and then I will speak to the LT about this. I do know that the list hasn’t been updated in a small bit, so I will need to do that. 

Just now, Slothtastic said:

Braduks are now being played like Noble families, once again. Requiring someone to be the child of one. We’re also limited to being 6 inches taller than the max height of an Orc currently but with some bigger weight differences. If anyone is claiming to be Bloodline without being on my post: “Scarcity of the Braduks” (which I will be updating), then you may talk to me and then I will speak to the LT about this. I do know that the list hasn’t been updated in a small bit, so I will need to do that. 

Hadn’t an idea that you took reins over the Braduk name, but ‘noble family’ sort of deal only really works if it’s something new present-day, as moderating something that has existed for ages seems off the table, but you do you.

Just now, Slothtastic said:

I understand the mechanical significance of this as it makes checking up on orogs easier. Thing is, why would they be the only family to be able to have an uruk and an olog breed? I think CAs would allow both better moderation and for people who know the lore well enough to also RP an orog.

1 hour ago, Killmatronix said:

I understand the mechanical significance of this as it makes checking up on orogs easier. Thing is, why would they be the only family to be able to have an uruk and an olog breed? I think CAs would allow both better moderation and for people who know the lore well enough to also RP an orog.

They aren’t the only option, I’m saying they’re the only SMART option. Wait for Jandy to edit the topic and you’ll know what I mean. 

1 hour ago, Auriel_ said:

Hadn’t an idea that you took reins over the Braduk name, but ‘noble family’ sort of deal only really works if it’s something new present-day, as moderating something that has existed for ages seems off the table, but you do you.

I just told you how I moderated it, didn’t I? Also I did not take it over completely. I got everyone then that was a braduk to agree, even speaking to 1bow before posting the topic. 

2 minutes ago, Slothtastic said:

They aren’t the only option, I’m saying they’re the only SMART option. Wait for Jandy to edit the topic and you’ll know what I mean.

And I’m saying that the only smart option would be to to make an issue as sensitive as this into a CA. Because if everyone can do it, then it WILL get out of hand.

cef7d7235ba3e57933be1b26e81fe80a.png

Now I know it’s wiki and all, but it did have a lot of information on it, my one point is that why in the wiki is it talking about 1k years old, but now the cap is going near 400, that’s 600 years difference ? 

I’d go with what others are saying and remove age restrictions to some point, I know rn orcs who are ~400 and it just seems a bit huh to just force several players to kill off their characters like that

Law will damage players who have done nothing wrong and are developing their characters still, so I cannot support this lore till I see the edits to allow all players to benefit and enjoy it are present.

18 minutes ago, Morganosaurus Rex said:

Now I know it’s wiki and all, but it did have a lot of information on it, my one point is that why in the wiki is it talking about 1k years old, but now the cap is going near 400, that’s 600 years difference ? 

It’s the wiki compared to the accepted racial lore post on the forums that, I believe, was written by the LT. It doesn’t make sense for any race except for elves to live to 1000 since that’s their limit and they rely on their aengulic blessing "Malin, may your forests be a sanctuary of peace and your children long lived.”

21 minutes ago, Morganosaurus Rex said:

I know rn orcs who are ~400 and it just seems a bit huh to just force several players to kill off their characters like that

I only know of a single one and they were given a warning 30 weeks ahead of time that they were approaching that 400 year old limit and should probably begin looking for a way to either prolong their characters life or bring their character’s story to a close. These are the mortal races, turning a blind eye to certain lore for the convenience of a few players damages the integrity of the entire story of the server. 

10 hours ago, Killmatronix said:

Will the hybrids not require CAs? They’re all strictly stronger than their respective counterparts. I think that’s going to only make matters worse, letting people play hybrids, with or without a CA.

They can play hybrids already, that’s why you see half Orcs and half Ologs.  It’s just nice for hybrids, that already exist to have clarifications, in order to make it fleshed out and able to be moderated by the LTs.