The Institute

Parker

Related image

“Anomalies, subjects and victims of; the uncanny, eldritch, abominably. The Foundation requires staff to conduct, contain and wet blanket any of such incidents or reports that the public mustn't be in the need of concern of. A group of people dedicating their lives in efforts to stop World End Class scenarios, and are responsible for saving many lives, although in sacrifice to having their own at expenditure.” – Gunther,  1st Amber Cold. 1708

-|-

The sound of clockwork tick and etch into the background of the newly found, temporary office holed up somewhere within Arcas. Stretched along a narrow Oak counter, propped a man’s feet extended unmannerly from his sitting position, wearing a trench-coat, arms folded over his chest.

Right here, you do understand what is at stake-- correct?” he spoke in a gruff tone, as if he had some years on him. The man’s eyes were wary, grayed.

Another man stood opposing him, he seemed wealthy; a high socioeconomic class and of good influence. Wearing suspenders and a pair of Aurum rimmed glasses, a smug attitude however. “We don’t know, who and what they are. If you think for a moment I won’t put my savings on the line, we are done here, Gunther.” he held a right hand in a balled fist, seemingly distressed.

Very well then, I’d need time. I need to find people, we cannot do this alone. Not in a million life-times. Elves, as much as they can be sly.” a hand rubbed over his stubble, grayed much as his aged look. “I’d take it you have nothing else to offer, there are alot of people who don’t know a lot of things.

The two associates planned.

-|-

An Out of Character :

I have plans for this to become a server-wide and enjoyable player-event-line. I do not want this to be a typical guild run by myself as a character of mine. I will be assisting people in role-play through events, and role-play event characters that can be role-played without the jurisdiction, meaning everything that will come to be regarding this guild will have some meaning of legitimacy in terms of whether I can or cannot do this or not. I will not overstepping any lines regarding my abilities of doing events.

There are so many problems with Lord of the Craft, regarding fear role-play- and knowledge of the unknown. It is assumed, a farmer can understand the wicked traits of a Naz’therak or the sly and uncanny behavior of a Strigae. I find that perhaps a reset and step back would be adequate if you want to help me on this. The ignorance of the use of Wiki and Lore solely for the solitude of role-play would be an incredible improvement to how people can interact with one another.

I may not have the qualities of some event team players, nor the thought processes. I am just doing this so others may pick up on it in role-play. Through player-run, and event-run events. If you think you can set-aside your mechanical fun, and characters for just a moment and assist me in making this something, an antagonist, protagonist, a story for the server. It would be highly appreciated.

An expectation.

A suggestion from me would be create a new character, completely blank slate, without pre-knowledge of anything on the Wiki. Get into a profession; smithing, woodworking, leather-working. Something that can take your mind off the lore and all the mumbo jumbo. Under-game your character, from the start, build them up to who you want them to be. Set goals, journals, google docs of your role-play. There isn’t a good guide on role-play, but this is my aim to bring a guide that will be built from a simple idea from simple role-play interactions. If you want idea’s for a character creation, perhaps some goals or anything. You can contact me Parker#7128.

We. Want. Good Fear RP. We want a Good Story, we can be better than this current LoTC.

Yes, this is based off SCP.

-|-

A charcoal-hued raven weaved through the trees, from the Wild-lands deep forestry and over the snow peaked mountaintops. 

To whom it may be concerned.

I am Gunther, and I am looking for an adequate and healthy minded person with strong will and curiosity. We will meet soon, contact me through parchment and send it towards the high peaks of the Wild-lands. A respone may not always be possible, as I am swamped with paper-work and organizing of things.

the Parchment seemed as if it went through alot of trouble to get to where it is now. At your character’s feet. The writing was casual and had no hint of professionalism, it was vague and one could truly see this as some senile man gone away from civilization for far too long. But would you take it?

Spoiler

Do not let my passion for creating good story go to waste! Another mention that I would highly suggest:

- ignoring Wiki and Lore solely for the purpose of solitude role-play and immersion.

- under-game, be lenient!

- blank slate character!

- fear role-play, emotion role-play.

Thanks, Parker

1 hour ago, Parker said:

Yes, this is based off SCP.

I’ve written an SCP for their wiki and fail to see how you could fit something like that in LotC. Most aspects of the SCP universe are pieces of science that are  behind a techlock here. I’d love to see something like this, but LotC’s world has become a bloated mess and that problem will not be fixed anytime soon.

11 minutes ago, Burnsy said:

I’ve written an SCP for their wiki and fail to see how you could fit something like that in LotC. Most aspects of the SCP universe are pieces of science that are  behind a techlock here. I’d love to see something like this, but LotC’s world has become a bloated mess and that problem will not be fixed anytime soon.

then there are somethings you haven’t seen before. I have done role-play with crude medical sciences for sure. I can definitely say Mordu has done some crude back alleyway medicinal. Bokratzia has also done things along the line of mechanics, engineering and science related despite having magic in the server. Some lore such as Machine Spirits and Clockwork as example.

Maybe you should look at it in terms of not how realistic and real-world SCP might be to real life, than LoTC. But look at it from the perspective of using LoTC magic and it’s creatures for the people to interpret as things to study and contain. It has been done before, I am sure the Ascended even contained some odd entity and studied it, before killing it ofcourse. 

Saying LoTC is a bloated mess is one thing, but doing something is another. It’s the same old, I’m just trying to deal with this in roleplay rather out of character this time. If you could help out, I’d appreciate it too.

edit : send me your scp link, I’d like to read it too.

Halden would read the paper. Halden would sigh after reading the paper. Halden hopes the paper has answers for Halden. Halden awaits for Haldens next adventure.

Daisy Applefoot tries to convince Hearth to send himself to the institute as an anomaly.

The gentle winds of the nature blew against Philippe’s face, but it also brought something to him. A note flew against his feet. The man, motioning for his wife to wait for a moment, crouched to pick up the note. Reading it with a corner smirk, he folded it, and placed it on his pocket.

Oui... It took some time for someone to do zhis... I should find this gentilhomme...

With that, the auvergne returned to his wife’s side, not a word of the note uttered, but his intentions of finding the one who sent it clear on his mind.