The Crow Chronicles, Vol. I-VI

yopplwasupxxx

zn7lGv8XXbp5Dbm41SEm8-2rfnaoiOxI566XWaCmITM4Tiro7zfLyHdS7r0p_Wq0l3Nj59Da6eJIM9PtJ0ZLOTSqOv4GsGI01wI3DthlvUkcXtobYZxObbnprdhnE-1Mu2wq09AK

The Crow Chronicles were periodicals and almanacs about the news during the Ottonion era of the Kingdom of Haense (from the 180s to the 200s ES). It was the first paper of its can, delivered to people on printed cloth called ‘yuli’, however because of the long-time and expensive nature, its editions were infrequent. Its collections were attributed to many authors, though the most prominent of them include Lerald Gambinol, Robert Casus, and Nataliya Barrow, the bastard daughter of famed Prince Heinrik-Otto van Bihar.

(OOC: Full credit to @DreamInSpace and @Pureimp10 who wrote these, posting them here for easier access. Links to the originals below:

)

---

qtTDiT0QM8QZKbLXfitlhemycIuurq1Z1t2A75eFB5wv61jccnLbnrupfpCaUFvNEKHme1jSCoi0V3r6lRUcySu3OX4s5bKNXdCEkWo1BFzGupkQp2Tx1ra0HZ3Ulxt6X3S3o_6l

THE CROW CHRONICLES, VOL I-VI

WRITTEN BY THE HANDS OF

THE HONORABLE COMPANY OF THE CROW CHRONICLES

PUBLISHED BY

HIEROMAR LUDOVAR THE ELDER, SSE

---

VOLUME I

Spoiler

THE CROW CHRONICLES, VOL I

Swift Changes Afoot

In this edition:

Eulogy for King Stefjan Karl, Interview with new mayor of Alban,

a King’s coronation, and “Keeping up with the Romstuns”.

In the last few months, things have taken a turn for the city of Alban, and the kingdom of Haense. The death of King Stefjan Karl Var Marian Barbanov came abruptly. Physicians declared it was at the hands of Hodgkin’s Disease; a cruel illness that rapidly took hold of him in his entirety, before suffocating him where he lay.

King Stephen was a serious, and disciplined man. He always had his wits about him, and despite him being thrust into a position he never thought he’d be in, it was by his own hand that Alban was built. With his hopes and aspirations, the young crow brought prosperity and riches to a place that started as a simple idea, a handful of tents in the middle of the icy winter snow of the North. Within a mere decade, this small lonely camp grew to be what it is today: a flourishing, strong kingdom that towered above the rest.

King Stephen dedicated his life to the betterment of Haense, and he was taken all too soon. The entire kingdom mourns for him, and no one shall forget the foundation he built for us. May GOD bless his soul.

Here’s what friends and family of Stephen had to say.

"Stephen was one of the greatest men I ever had the opportunity of knowing. He lost both his father and his brother at a young age, but that did not hold him back. He aspired to do great things, extraordinary things, out of love for his Kingdom and people. I can only dream of filling his shoes, but I swear to his memory and to my people that I shall try my best to do so. Rest easy, cousin." --Otto II Barbanov.

“I was once a soldier, a man with no titles, no rich blood. King Stephen saw the promise in me, the devotion. For a man so good to die, and in such a mysterious way, it's crippled my spirit. Haense will mourn for him for generations to come, someone so blessed by GOD's touch to pass away.” --Ser Cullen Valerin

"The death of King Stephen is not a time for the North to grieve. It is a time to rejoice that GOD has given this realm a man who tirelessly worked for the betterment of his people. He is now with his Heavenly Father forever watching and guiding the footsteps of those who live on through his legacy." --High Pontiff Everard IV

“It’s still so hard to believe… I will forever miss you, coz, but I hope you are finally at peace, and nie longer in pain.” --Elizaveta Julia Barbanov.

“My uncle was always a strong man. It was awful to discover he had left us. But now, as we mourn, I cannot help but do my best to stay strong, to show the people of Haense, and those of Axios, that we will not falter or break in such times of struggle and sadness. I’ll do it for my Uncle Stephen, for I am sure it is what he would’ve wanted me to do.” --Natalia Barbanov

“I will miss you forever, Papa. I’m sorry you had to go.” --Jakob Barbanov

---

But not all is bleak in the city of Alban. Despite such a heavy blow, a new mayor has been elected! None other than the very loved Mr. John Burr, a previous soldier and sergeant of the Royal Haensetian Army. We were quick to spot him talking to the townsfolk, a wide grin on his face, and sit him down for an interview in the local tavern.

Q: “How does it feel to be appointed mayor, replacing Ser Fordson?”

A: “I feel both humbled and excited to serve as Alban’s new mayor.

It’s a tremendous honor to have been chosen for such a position, and

I intend to do everything in my power to help make Alban a better place”.

Q: "What inspired you  to take the position?"

A: “In all honesty I would say it was a combination of things. A desire

to serve my kingdom, a bit of personal ambition, but most importantly

it was the genuine compassion and concern that King Stephen

showed regularly for his people. It was through his example, that me

and many other citizens came to share a deep love for Alban.”

Q:"What are your aspirations and goals, now that you've been given the role?"

A: “It is my goal to attempt to create a smooth and more efficient

governing system that would allow for the citizens of Alban to better

manage themselves. In summary, I wish to create and employ

a ‘citizen run government’.”

Q:"Where do you hope to see Alban in the next couple of years?"

A: “In the next couple of years I would hope for Alban to be, in the words

of Tuvya Carrion, “The crown jewel of the empire.” I believe that with

hard work, careful planning, and active leadership, we can achieve

new heights not only for Alban, but for all of Haense.”

Q:"Do you have any advice for newcomers who hope to make a name for themselves?"

A: “It’s funny that you’d ask that actually. I remember several years ago

I found myself asking a friend of mine that very same thing. I would be

honored to share his advice. ‘The key to recognition is going out

and taking initiative.’ It’s simple advice sure, but it gets the job done.”

---

Not only does Alban have a new mayor, but soon, the entirety of Haense will have a new king. The late King Stefjan Karl’s cousin, Otto Georg, is to be crowned King Otto II this coming summer. Preparations have already begun for the coronation: servants planning ahead for the creation of a grand feast, guards and soldiers have gone to work shining their armor and helms.

The future king has this to say about the whole event:

“Never in my entire life did I foresee myself wearing the same crown,

or sitting on the same throne as my cousin did. But now that I am, I am

both excited and nervous for what lies ahead for both me and our

Kingdom. Aye, starting a reign with a war will be tough, but us North

men are the toughest sons of Horen the world has ever seen. I've no

doubt that the men of the Royal Army will be able to get us through it,

though we all must do our part! Sign up for the Royal Army today!”

---

Keeping up with the Romstuns

Once the best friends of the Imperials, things are not going too well for the poor members of House Romstun. Ever since the tragic murder of Philip Owyn, at the hands of the Flays, things have gone topsy-turvy. What was once a happy marriage is now a non-existent one. After Emperor Peter II declared war upon the Romstuns for such horrid acts of slaughter, a divorce came soon after. What will happen to the previous Empress-Consort, the purple-haired Zoey Romstun?!

One of our journalists snuck into the imperial city, and returned with this report:

“I saw her fleeing from the palace, wailing. Spittle, snot, and tears flew from her, like a ravaged dog, as she barrelled down the palace steps. I watched her fumble, only to lose her footing and tumble down the rest of the way into the muddied cobble street. She made an odd howl, reminding me of a walrus, before barrel-rolling away, out of sight.”

No news of her since then. Where could she have gone? What will become of her?!

But it was after this event did “**** hit the fan”, so to speak. Not only had the empire turned against the Romstuns, but so did the Church! In a declaration written by the High Pontiff, Everard IV, it was stated thus:

“Moreover, let all those see and those who have ears ought to hear that the House of Romstun, current and future kin, and all those in league thereof be declared excommunicated from the Most Holy Canonist Church, barred from the sacraments she administers and of the salvation she promises under Her yoke.”

Our journalist, soon after this event, reported he could’ve sworn he heard a walrus’ wail as he past by the Romstuns’ land.

What will become of the Romstuns? What will become of the mysterious, the robust Ex-Empress Zoey Romstun?! Stay posted to find out more, in the next edition of The Crow Chronicles.

---

VOLUME II

Spoiler

THE CROW CHRONICLES, VOL II

The Rise And Fall

In this edition: 

The Battle of Chambery Crossing,Eulogy for Heinrik Otto Barbanov,

Problems with orcs, and  "Keeping up with the Romstuns."

Victory was swift for the children of the empire. The Battle of Chambery Crossing, as it is commonly referred to, saw the defeat of the Romstuns and their lackeys, the Flays. The battle was magnificent, with Emperor Peter II, Kings, and Lords alike all fighting side by side,  showing the grandness of the empire as a whole, and the strength such unity could bring. In the words of Tuvya Carrion,

“Humanity will only rise if we work together as a race, only if we are united will we truly prosper, and we will be able to overcome any trouble.”

However, there was a cruel price to pay for such an overwhelming victory. For it was discovered, ‘pon returning to the lands of Haense, that the strong, ever-loved Heinrik Otto Barbanov had succumbed to the wounds from battle, and died right in his own palace, in the arms of his daughter, in the throne room.

For Haense, the war has now become a bitter victory. The Northerners all mourn with heavy hearts, losing first King Stephen, and now Heinrik Otto. Two crows fall from grace too soon.

A devout Canonist, Heinrik Otto was a strong-willed man, ever determined to aid the kingdom to a bright future. He was loved by all of Haense; nobles and common folk alike. Now that he has past, Haense begins a new chapter, and will never be the same.

Family and friends of Heinrik Otto shared this with us:

“Heinrik was more like a brother to me than a cousin. His pearly white smile and his optimism will be forever missed. The Kingdom has truly lost a good man today.” ~ Otto II Barbanov

“May my dearest husband Heinrik find peace and solitude like the Crows before him, by the grace of GOD.” ~ Camille Stafyr nie Barbanov.

“Heinrik was a like a wizard; able to step up and organize something strong out of nothing. He was truly a proud figure, for all to admire.” ~ Viktor Kovachev

"The passing of the Lord Palatine and my old friend Heinrik is one filled with great sorrow and happiness knowing that he now rests in the grace of Almighty GOD in the firmament of the Skies along with His Late Majesty, King Stephen. We celebrate his life and the gifts he has brought to all denizens and ever remember the memories he engraved in his time with us. May eternal rest keep his spirit forever in peace." ~ His Holiness, Everard IV

“The Prince was a man I could respect. His duties came first, and though highborn, he always treated his subordinates with their deserved respect, and his tongue never ran idly. His works will endure to be enjoyed by all posterity.” ~ Karol Nevsky, soldier.

“Heinrik was the type of man that others wished they could be. He was honest, he was brave, and he was strong. And although he may have taken to join GOD, he will always remain with us, in our hearts.” ~John Burr

“My father was my world. He was the North to me, and now I must somehow discover how to live on without him. It is the hardest thing I have ever had to do. I’ll miss you sir, forever and always.” ~ Natalia Barbanov

---

An ORChestra of Trouble

On a sunny afternoon in the springtime months of Alban, the townsfolk were leisurely strolling about. Things were quiet, and everyone was content. Two janissaries from Haria had arrived, speaking with the young Princess Natalia Barbanov, offering generous gifts and their condolences for the death of her father, Heinrik Otto. It was then two orcs made an appearance in the city, one blundering over, up behind the small princess, and another between the two parties.

The girl was torn from the ground by the orc, as she screamed for help, flailing and kicking about. Managing to break free, a small skirmish ensued, while the Princess herself was quickly whisked away to safety. News of the incident spread quickly throughout the Empire, alerting peasants and nobles alike. In response to these atrocities, Emperor Peter II has issued an ultimatum to the orcs of the War Uzg, demanding they pay reparations for their involvement in Philip’s War, as well as their recent attacks on Imperials. Will the Rex accept the Emperor’s demands in exchange for peace?

---

Keeping Up With The Romstuns

“That sucks.”

Well well well, dear readers, the mystery of Zoey Romstun has come to an end. As it turns out, she made one final appearance in none other than the Imperial City itself, Adelburg. Big mistake on her part, as she was swiftly “hacked to pieces”, her head being cut off, as was reported by our journalist. When the journalist went about to try and interview those who mourned for her, he only found one man, a previous servant.

“That sucks.” ~Romstun servant

The citizens of the Empire will never hear her howling walrus cries again.

---

VOLUME III

Spoiler

THE CROW CHRONICLES, VOL III

“The most trusted name in news.”

The Markev Murders

In this edition:

Slaughters in the Streets, Drug Traffickers Revealed,

Standoff at Sundown, "A View with the Vanirs"

Welcome back to our devoted readers! It’s been a long time since we last released an issue, but we’re proud to announce that the paper has been revived and is ready to continue providing top quality news to the people! This edition of the Crow Chronicles is brought to you by the Wulf’s Den! For the finest metal products in all of Axios, there’s nowhere else to go besides the Wulf’s Den Smithy and Forge!

---

Slaughters in the Streets 

by Robby Cassius

WARNING: Not for the faint of heart.

After the most recent murder concerning the strange, unidentified body in the college, another killer is back at it again! Reports of anonymous tippers, who have inside knowledge into the case in question, say that it was none other than Sister Jenna Swift, a nun at our local, Hansetian Church! Upon her arrest, the evidence was brought to the King who, reportedly, was unable to do anything, due to tense relations with the church! Fortunately, it is reported that a Holy Knight of the Church condemned her to death, and threw her onto the balcony. Rumor has it that you’re still able to see her body, if you have access to that portion of the balcony of course!

But in further news, another murderer strikes again, this time closer to the King. The body of Lord Commander Arend Wick of the HRA was found in a semi crucified position. His tongue was removed, and the lower half of his face was skinned. Chars all across the framing of the hall indicate there was a mass fight that took place. Why the guard were unable to hear the fight going on, nor why they were able to apprehend any potential subject is unknown. Insider reports through an anonymous source state there was a note found at the scene of the crime, which read: “The Brotherhood bows for no one. R.R.”

Could this be an inside job from the Brotherhood of Saint Karl? We know they’ve had a tense relationship with the Wicks, after one of their operatives wasn’t given political immunity as promised by the King. The Brotherhood has yet to make an official statement, and the note found at the scene of the crime by our informant was taken into evidence, more than likely never to be seen again.

It should be noted that the HRA were the ones that were responsible for evidence collection and the eventual prosecution of the Sister Jenna Swift. Could this perhaps be retaliation by the group of rogue nuns? Or is it perhaps that the Brotherhood is seeking justice for making them look bad? Or perhaps an even darker thought: do we have a cunning murderer on the loose? We anxiously await a statement from the Brotherhood, and would be more than willing to sit down and interview them.

---

Drug Traffickers Revealed 

by Kristoff Ruthenberger

Since the Chancellery of Prince Robert Sigismund, the War on Drugs has been a vital domestic campaign to stifle the flow and influence of contraband flowing within the realm. In 1646, under the Royal Administration of His Late Majesty King Otto III, the Crime Prevention and Enforcement Act, was passed and enforced under the Prince Robert’s premiership to crack down on civilian and military abuses of the free trade agreement signed with the Estermonts three years earlier.

In recent reports taken from the citizenry, drug trafficking has been noted as resurging among the denizens and taking form in the most unlikely of sources: within the ranks of the Brotherhood of Saint Karl with Captain Sylvia Astri Faroe allegedly being a primary facilitator in illegal substances within the sewers. Sources notably by a Victor Amadeus II, a Kovachev bannerman has asserted these accusations. No comment has been given from the Captain nor her subordinates.

---

Standoff at Sundown 

by Larry Gambino Jr.

The high tensions associated with increased activity within the proud city of Markev boiled over recently, which showed the public how well our Brotherhood of Saint Karl is prepared for emergency situations. Adrian cavalrymen, approximately 15 strong, rode into the city. They used their temporary moment of surprise to surround civilians and guards, gathering them in the red square.

The Adrians accused proud Hansetian men of being necromancers, and threatened to go to war over this fact that they’ve seemingly pulled out of nowhere. Thankfully, our Royal Army diffused the situation through nonviolent means. The Guard managed to handle the situation with aplomb, and no civilians were hurt during the confrontation. It really shows the might of Hansetian pride, seeing our proud Guardsmen handling situations diplomatically and getting us out of potential wars.

---

A View with the Vanirs 

by Siegmund Mayer

One of our reporters got to sit down with some of the Kingdom’s elite over the last week, namely the members of House Vanir. They were very welcoming, and even offered a donation to the paper so that it could succeed. The Vanirs described details for a new fleet of ships, even giving our reporter a tour of the few that they’ve built already.

"It was pretty cool I guess." - Crow Chronicles Reporter

We hope to sit down and meet with other noble families as well, even families involved in city affairs and not just national politics.

---

VOLUME IV

Spoiler

THE CROW CHRONICLES, VOL IV

“The most trusted name in news.”

Mystery in Markev

In this edition:

A Killer’s Manifesto, Menace in Belvitz,

Soldier’s Folly, A Holy Crusade,

Keeping up with the Marbrands

Boy, do we have a couple of good stories for you today, loyal readers. But before we begin, this week’s issue is sponsored by the Southern Haeseni Railroad Company! For all your transportation needs, the Southern Haeseni has you covered!

DISCLAIMER: The Crow Chronicles is not the official newspaper of the Kingdom, and should not be treated as such. Any and all opinions are those of the paper alone.

---

A Killer’s Manifesto 

by Joey Patooie

WARNING: Not for the faint of heart.

The Crow Chronicles has received a manifesto from a man claiming to be Arend Wick’s murderer. We’ve included it here in its full text for our readers, though we do warn that it is disturbing.

Discord is a wonderful thing, it breeds acceptance, the true authority is then placed once more in the hands of the strong. When the incompetent among us our now our leaders, pillars of our community that demand respect, the truly strong are allowed to exercise their wildest fantasies in a way that no other current administration has allowed. I hold a strong allegiance to Haense, but more specifically this Haense.

The old, those who vouch for a more stable political and social structure must be rooted out and destroyed. Thankfully, my place within your most trusted guard force allows me to do this. They do not want unity, they do not want egalitarianism. They are autocrats, trying desperately to hold onto their perceived power and authority at all costs. This means people like Arend Wick must be extinguished: they are thorns in the side of the feeble, who hide behind the might of the many. They are clever tricksters.

And this is precisely why I am allowed to operate. The guard care little for crime, more complex murders and investigations are beyond their span of intellectual capacity. They hold a strict moral compass (so long as it benefits them), and this makes them malleable, shapeable. They are easy to manipulate and maneuver, for a house divided against itself cannot stand.

I will take this moment of fame to inform the public that many of the allegations of illicit activities by the guard force are true. Infighting was a large problem for them, and the weakest link cannot survive without the hardworking peons below subjugated to their whims. I will let you decide what other scandals that come from them to believe, it matters little to me.

Their momentary, temporary comfort is what drives them. They are like animals. They act solely on the instinct of self-preservation, no matter what long term damages it brings to the people of Haense. And I would consider this a good thing.

I will end my tirade with what I’ve stated in the beginning: I am loyal to this new brand of Haense. All criminals, I urge you to utilize discord to your advantage. For it is evident that the guard is incapable of doing anything to stop you. The only group with enough bargaining power has had their commander murdered by my hand. This is your time to strike. He was not the only man on my list, nor will he be the only person my atrocious acts reach to.

If you wish to stop me, fellow Guardsmen (which I doubt, perhaps at the level of the footman justice needs to be dealt, but I assure you that your commanders side with me), you will go to the mausoleum (if you can find it). My next act will take place there one Saint’s Day after this gets released to the Crow Chronicle. I wish you luck.

Yours,

R.R.

---

Menace in Belvitz 

by Rudy Rosenberg

The city of Belvitz has been overcome with shock over the discovery of a monster spider infestation in the earth below. City authorities are unsure of how long the beast has dwelled in the city sewers, according to a man named Adler who claims to work with the Duke of the city. When our reporter arrived on the scene, Adler claimed that some men had already gone down into the sewers after hearing the screams of what they believed to be a child.

Sources reported that, upon defeating the large beast, multiple smaller spiders emerged from its corpse. Whether these smaller spiders will grow to be like their mother and the severity of this threat remains to be seen, and no official statement has been released from the Duke’s court but we hope to see one soon.

---

Soldier’s Folly 

by Konrad the Elder

The war against the Vaeyl rages on, and the southern order reminded the Kingdom of that when it attacked Markev earlier this week. A host of Vaeyl orderman were spotted marching up the southern roads and the Brotherhood of Saint Karl quickly mustered a defense force to meet them. When it seemed that the Brotherhood outnumbered their attackers the Haensetian men surged forth from the gate, prepared to meet their attackers.

Unbeknownst to the men of Markev, the Vaeyl had prepared an ambush and it had worked perfectly. A raging battle began outside the gates of the city and the forces of Vaeyl were pushed back, but not before taking an elf female hostage. Witnesses of the battle state that the incompetence of one Gobus Doral resulted in the hostage being killed. The hostage’s name is unknown. Our thoughts and prayers go to the family of the deceased, and we hope to receive a statement from the Brotherhood soon.

---

A Holy Crusade 

by Wilhelm Muller

Reports came out late this week that the Holy Pontiff Siegmund I has declared a Crusade against the Elven Dominion. According to a statement put out by a spokesman for the Church, the Crusade was declared after the discovery that the Elven Dominion hired the mercenary Reiter group to raid the Church owned city of Judeberg. The spokesman also claimed that “many leaders have answered the call to Crusade”, though we have not received any names at this time. The Crow Chronicles will be closely following the Crusade and its developments through the work of our regular wartime correspondent, Heinrich Schulte.

---

Keeping up with the Marbrands 

by Lorenz Stein

Some buried tension was unearthed recently in the Marbrand family. Our own reporters and other eyewitnesses reported Marius Marbrand, a young Lieutenant in service to the Kingdom, was spotted threatening his kinswoman, Nymira Marbrand. From what we could tell the dispute arose over the legitimacy of either’s claim to the Marbrand name, with both calling the other’s ancestor illegitimate.

"Family, gotta love ‘em, huh?" - Unnamed eyewitness

Luckily, neither Marbrand was hurt and everyone was able to peacefully move on with their day.

---

VOLUME V

Spoiler

THE CROW CHRONICLES, VOL V

A New Beginning

In this edition:

Return of the Crow, An Interview with Ruslan Amador,

A Threat No More, Election of the High Pontiff,

And A Royal Birth

It’s been a while, but after regaining the funding and our readers’ humbling enthusiasm, we at the Crow Chronicles are happy to announce that we will be renewing our previous contract with the Kingdom of Haense, and start printing issues every year.

Before we start, we’d like to announce that we will be selling advertisements for your company or product, starting at a cheap 50 mina! Advertisements are preferably written by yourself or can be written by our editors, though an additional 10 mina charge will be added. Now, let’s get right into the news.

The Kingdom has seen plenty of elections, the most recent one being that of the newest Lord Maer of Markev, Ruslan Amador. Thanks to our connections within the royal court, our very own Ryan Cassius was able to get an exclusive interview with the man himself.

CASSIUS: Thank you for being here, sir.

AMADOR: Thank you for having me.

CASSIUSLet’s get started then. This was a very tough campaign. What do you think won it for you in the end?

AMADORI suppose there would have been appeal in my clear vision, aims and plans for Haense; something that unsuccessful Maer candidates have failed to lay out in the past. I’d also like to mention Coltaine Wick; he’s been a very, very close friend and supporter of House Amador, my campaign, and the White Cross Company.

CASSIUSRun me through the emotions you felt as the news of your victory came to you. When did you find out that you’d won?

AMADORNot until the evening after the results. You see, I was not present in Markev at the time. I was out in the countryside, providing food and aid to the farmers and orphans struck hardest by our war with the spectres.

CASSIUSNow, you made a very bold promise on the campaign trail, promising to fund and build forts for the military. How exactly do you plan on raising the money and material needed for this sort of project?

AMADORThere is no need to raise any money. House Amador is rich enough to fund it all themselves.

CASSIUS: Focusing more on the city, there have been rumors of a potential citizen council. Do you have anything you’d like to say on this?
AMADOROh, well, the secret’s out. It is my hope that the Palatine will voice his proposed draft of any upcoming Acts with an assembly of citizens who will inform him of the mood of the populace towards a particular act.

CASSIUSThank you for your time, Maer Amador. Is there anything else you’d like to say before we wrap this up?

AMADORI need to get back to the orphanage I was volunteering at. Thank you to everyone that voted for me, but these children need my help the most at the moment, and that is where I shall be.

---

A Threat No More

For many years now soldiers of an unknown order, presumably coming from the Wall to the south, have been wreaking havoc across the countryside in an effort to drive the Kingdom from its lands. Unfortunately for these specters however, the men of Haense do not bend easily. A coalition of men and elves marched south, numbering nearly 90,000 in total. We had our war reporter Humbert de Puy follow the men along and record what he could. Here’s what he said:

"The weather grew colder with each passing step, as if the world itself had been altered by these magical beings. The roars of Cold Bears and cawing of crows, eager to eat, could be heard coming from seemingly miles away. As we got to a clearing, away from the snow and on reasonably flat terrain, the decision was made to set up camp and rest. It was then that the enemy showed, lining the cliffs with no end in sight. A horn cut through the air, breaking the silence that had befallen the gathered soldiers. Then, a sudden uproar. The elves were the first ones in, their curved blades and armor gleaming under the light of the sun. Then the Marnans, followed closely behind by the men of Haense. As they smashed into the enemy ranks, the sun suddenly vanished and the bright blue sky was replaced with a despairing darkness. A brutal melee followed, but in the end the wraiths were defeated, their armies routed, and the south secured in a great victory for Haense and her allies."

The Crow salutes all servicemen, active duty and retired, and encourage all who seek a career in defending their homeland to contact Commadant Geralt Rauen ((Pureimp10)) or the King himself to learn more.

---

Election of the High Pontiff

Mere hours before you read this, the Holy Church of the Canon was blessed with a new leader. As many of you may know, Pontiff Clement III abdicated the Exalted Throne following growing concerns that he was becoming too stressed to lead GOD’s Holy Flock. While the decision took many by surprise, the Synod has since sprung into action, electing the former Archbishop of Jorenus, Elphias. While his pontifical name has yet to be chosen, the Chronicle and the Kingdom are glad to see a true Haense man elevated as GOD’s vicar and wish him the best of luck.

---

Birth of a Prince

It is with great pleasure that the Crow is able to report that a new Prince has been born to the royal family! Born at approximately midnight yesterday, the new Prince has been named Karl Marius after the founder of his house, and was reported to have been born at a healthy 6 pounds.

The Crow will respect the Royal Family’s right to privacy, and will do no further reporting on the royal prince unless the Family allows. We at the Crow offer our full congratulations to the Royal Family and share the Kingdom of Haense in celebrating this joyful event.

---

VOLUME VI

Spoiler

THE CROW CHRONICLES, VOL VI

The Undead Menace

In this edition:

An Interview with Mayor Godwyn Crast,

Battle of the Transczena Bridge, Return of the Dead

And “An Evening with the Estermonts”

Welcome back to our devoted readers! This edition of the Crow Chronicles is brought to you by the Lyons Cartography Company! For the finest maps in all of Axios, there’s nowhere else to go besides Lyons Cartography Co.! Their shop and maps can be found in Markev!

Everyone and their mother appear to be having an election nowadays, and the Chronicle was able to interview the victory of one of these elections. Our reporter Ryan Cassius was able to sit down the Mayor of Senntisten, Godwyn Crast.

CASSIUS: Thank you for being here, sir.

CRAST: Thank you for having me.

CASSIUSOne of the more controversial legislative changes made during your term thus far has been the legalization of slavery. How has it affected the city and its people?

CRASTNot very much, actually. As far as I’ve seen, only two slaves have ever been taken.

CASSIUSWould you say then that slavery has been ineffective then for the city?

CRASTFor the city as a whole sure, but there are individuals who have done well off of the slave trade.

CASSIUS: Which individuals if I might ask?

CRAST: A certain Guy Longchamp, one of my aides.

CASSIUSAre you saying then that only members of government have benefited from the legalization of slavery?
CRASTSome have benefited sure, meaning their standard of living has increased, but nowhere near as many have made a profit off of the trade.

CASSIUSMoving onto a different topic now, news has spread quickly about the recent assassination attempt on the High Pontiff. Does the municipal government have any idea on who might have been behind it?

CRAST: It was a heretic group, and this information can be confirmed by the Grandmaster of the Order of Saint Lucien. However, we’ve yet to gain more specific details on the assassin himself.

CASSIUSWhat steps has the city taken to improve security for both the Pontiff and commoners?

CRASTWell, we’d like the Freikorps to have more patrols around the city, potentially catching these plotters before they get a chance to do any real harm. The Pontiff has also increased his own personal security.

CASSIUSThat’s all for now. Thank you for your time, mayor.

CRASTAgain, thank you. It was my pleasure.

---

Battle of the Transczena Bridge

As many of you may have heard, His Majesty Otto III was captured following a failed raid against the pagan Norlanders just last month. After paying his own ransom for freedom, an army was assembled which consisted of the men of Haense, Marna, Curon, Belvitz, and the elves of the Dominion. This great force marched out of Markev and encountered the enemy force, consisting of Renatians, Frostbeards, and Norlanders, at the Transczena bridge. A skirmish quickly began, with archers on both sides sending projectile after projectile towards the opposing side. With some skillful maneuvering, the Haensetians and their allies were able to cross the bridge and engage the gathered host, killing many.

The Renatians had been able to cross the bridge and cut off the Haensetian’s rear and road back home. This resulted in a missile skirmish, which continued until the Haensetians conducted a final charge, hoping to break the enemy lines and clear a pathway home. The charge proved successful, and a majority of the enemy’s forces were defeated. The victorious host swiftly marched back South to Markev, where they celebrated a great victory.

---

Return of the Dead

Mere hours before you read this, the Duchy of Curon was attacked by an undead horde, similar to that which attacked Markev before. These creatures are believed to be the remnants of the army that had been crushed a few years prior (see edition three for more details). Regardless, men of Haense, Curon, some extra Knights Errants that joined in were able to swiftly vanquish these beings to the netherworld.

---

An Evening With The Estermonts

Welcome to our latest series, “An Evening With The Estermonts”. Here, we’ll be covering the business family that we’ve all heard of, their private life, their drama, their business, and their money.

Recent reports would show that the family’s been having some struggles as of late, caused by estranged cousin Cedric Estermont. His recent attacks against the royalty of Haense (and attempted kidnapping of the Queen), have meant that business within Markev has decreased and profits are dropping. When asked, one Estermont responded that “Cedric is a child and needs to grow up.” When we reached out to other members of the family, none were willing to comment or were too busy to do so.