A Second King

Kata

This is just a short story I made for my english assessment and thought I’d share, I hope ya’l enjoy it.
~~~
For many years the land of Grath lived under peaceful circumstances, until the Southern Empire, Varith, brought war upon all, destroying many villages, towns, settlements, even some cities along the way. This caused a horrific outburst of chaos in Grath.
The new heir to the throne of Varith, the capital of the Southern Empire, Harlos II, named after his grandfather, was found resting peacefully in his garden, taking in the breathtaking view the castle offered. Harlos, like his father, had light blonde hair, with sparkling sapphire eyes that sparkled in the sunlight. His facial features are soft, and calm, though his jawline is quite sharp. If one saw him smile, his dimples showing like a bright like in the dark.
Royal guards stood up with straight posture and broad shoulders, ready to attack any form of threat, or protect the Prince at all costs. One guard, a friend close to Harlos, actually, named James stood by the gate. James was knighted many years ago by Harlos’ father, The King. James too had blonde hair but is ashier compared to Harlos, and his eyes were dark forest green. His face is squarer, and skin fairer compared to Harlos’, despite the many hours under the sun training.

Harlos cooed James over. He lingered by the gate for a moment before following his instructions, making his way towards the Prince, his hand placed upon the pommel of his sword. James was known as a mute, a word never heard out of him, though Harlos didn’t mind this, he would talk to James, and James would listen, at times maybe even write a thing or two down. It wasn’t hard to notice the two had a spark of passion, some rumour of the two holding hands, or even sharing a kiss. But nothing could be proven.
Later in the evening, the two made their way to Varith’s grand feast, a celebration that happens only yearly, to celebrate the conquest of the Royal family, and the Southern Empire. Tables were around the plaza where the celebration is usually held, drinks also splattered around. Seats were full of happy people, and the plaza had many young children and their parents dancing around to the joyful music, some even watching the entertainment around.
The prince stood from his seat upon the council table, beside his Father, bringing up a wine glass and a small spoon, gently tapping it and calmly raising his voice as he spoke,
“A moment of everyone’s attention?” The Prince said as he glanced over the crowd of people with a soft smile. He took a moment to glance around the council table, more specifically towards James, who stood nearby, guarding the council.
The plaza grew silent the mumbles beginning to fade. Varith respected the prince greatly and loved him dearly, unlike his father, who had only been causing chaos and harm to the rest of Grath. If it weren’t for Harlos, Varith would be the same.
“Some rumours have spilled and made word to my ear, and I wish to inform you all, it is true, I have found love. Someone I hold very closely to my heart.” The Prince said with ease, though some who may know him closer could sense his slight fear. His father looked towards him, flames of anger roared in his eyes, though the King kept seated. James’ face had begun to grow pale, though he too, kept his voice shut. 
Citizens whispered and mumbled to one another, some even gasped, but it didn’t take long for them all to silence, their curiosity visible on their faces. The Prince nodded gently then spoke again.
“His name is James Reave. A knight from the Royal Guard.” 
More gasps filled the area, though many, if not all of these faces seemed quite happy and pleased with the news. Harlos too looked quite happy, though his smile quickly vanished as his father stood, and his voiced boomed. 
“I will not allow this heresy!” His father reached for his blade, taking hold of his pommel, ready to pull his blade out. A blade that has killed many. Many other guards reached for their pommels as the king spoke again.
“This James shall be punished, and as for you my boy,” The King looked towards his son with a look of hatred and anger. “You are not fit for the heir!” 

Though the citizens didn’t agree, they all felt betrayed by their king, despite his recent bad doings, and so they shouted.
“And you are not fit as King!” One shouted.
“Let the two love!” Another said, and more began to shout similar things, moving closer towards the council’s table. The king glanced around, the corners of his mouth tugging downwards into an ugly frown, his hand moving from his pommel as the old man begun to back away. His face was raging with anger as he turned to run away like the coward everyone knew him to be.
James was standing by Harlos, already there in case of an attack, though he turned towards Harlos, taking hold of the Prince, placing his lips on Harlos’. The citizens cheered.
“Long live Harlos, and the second king!” The two smiled at one another, gently holding each other hand in hand. James leaned in towards Harlos’ ear, a small smile lifting his lips as he whispered,
“I love you, Harlos.”

Sehr gut. I liked it!