Sign in to follow this  
wan

Sylvaen's Hammer - Inquiry

Sylvaen’s Hammer

--Est. 1709--

lULeTyoJ-Lskko5BUqXb8jOdHG4pnhFzKjimFFpsssm5KI6F_fsTrsZKoTsfmP5D41Scl0ZePZhJucS3eWoXt205iajwszf52ugB34TyHaIZVSAqCHzQEG0kvmxgeOMeNAaoaQar

Steady hammering resonates throughout the cavernous grove-square of Aegrothond’s citadel. Atop the workspace of the carpenter and fletcher, the tanner, and other craftsmen stands the great forge: a monument of the craft which could inspire reverence and inspiration to smiths of all skill and all race.

The devotion remains visible in the halls of iron: the very infrastructure a marriage between dwarven might of flame and elvish scrutiny. Imbued with inventions of the age, its high ceilings disperse heat, hanging blueprints are mounted on cork-board, and the halls lit and open, mimicking that of a temple. Appropriate, for such is the dedication of Sylvaen’s descendants to the craft.

Here, the forge is their altar.

Sylvaen’s Hammer, established in the year of 1709 by Fëanor Sylvaeri, is a foundation composed of craftsmen from the Isles of Almenor. Not only smiths, but woodworkers, tanners, gem-cutters, and all else may yet find their home here.

The focus is upon the craft, the teaching of it to those able-bodied and willing to learn - so long as they abide by the laws of Aegrothond and the following code for their own safety.

I. Only persons of age may work the crafting spaces.

II. Please refrain from touching projects, tools, or stations you do not understand or own.

III. Craftsmen working with blades or intense heat should be given a three meter clearance.

Save few designated teachers, there are no ranks, and all are to be treated fairly. In event of dispute, students are to see to their teacher and then the Guildmaster.

Benefits of membership in the Institute involve the ability to use the main forge and accompanying, public utilities such as the quenching basins, extra hearths, bloomeries and certain tools, not to mention supplies. For resident craftsmen who hold citizenship in Aegrothond, there are options of personal workspaces for sensitive projects and storage.

To attain membership for lessons or seek commission-based work, one need only contact the forge master by courier.

A series of contact forms, marked with the banner of the guild, would be visible along the roads before Aegrothond, additional flyers submitted to the city of Tahu’lareh and before the offices of Jorvin Starbreaker. A few copies would be salvageable before the steps of the Cloud Temple.

Spoiler

The purpose of the contact information is to organize students in accordance with my own availability, especially in the cases of timezones outside of North America. As a note, the banner was my own creation.

[!]

The following response is nailed to a post in Aegothrond a short while after. Copies soon follow, distributed by hirelings of Clan Starbreaker, often found underneath the original documents

Spoiler

a glowing endorsement

I write this to establish my full and public support for the ‘Sylvaen’s Hammer’ institution, by right of honor, as Urguan’s representative in Aegothrond, and by right of blood, as descendant from Gotrek the Starbreaker, greatest mortal smith to have lived in these realms. I have found the Almenodrim an industrious folk, and Feanor Sylvaeri the most trustworthy of Elves. I would not lightly distribute an endorsement I did not believe well-deserved, but as one so devoted to their craft, I do believe none among Elvenkind worthier. I pledge my full support to this foundation, and employ all those seeking to learn that they join.

Signed: Clan-Lord Jorvin Starbreaker, Friend of the Almenodrim, Ambassador of Urguan within the lands of Aegothrond, Lieutenant in Dungrimm’s Legion, Rikkin at the Council of the Elective Constitutional Monarchy of Agnarum and Urguan, son of Kazrin, son of Gardath, son of Osram, son of Koryk, son of Kazraden, son of Skalf, son of Gotrek, apprentice of Yemekar Forgefather of the Brathmordakin, and son of Urguan.

“As a masteh smit’ and friend to te elgur, and lorekeepeh o’ te kingdom ah can say wit’ full confidence t’at Feanor Sylvaeri is among one o’ te finest elven smit’s ah know or ‘ave read about.” – Kazrin Starbreaker would say to a bunch of beardlings about the Elves of Aegothrond

1 hour ago, DrHope said:

“As a masteh smit’ and friend to te elgur, and lorekeepeh o’ te kingdom ah can say wit’ full confidence t’at Feanor Sylvaeri is among one o’ te finest elven smit’s ah know or ‘ave read about.” – Kazrin Starbreaker would say to a bunch of beardlings about the Elves of Aegothrond

"Well wiff such glowin' endorsement ah may as well pay 'em ah visit." Crevin would say, thinking out loud as he returned to his work.

Daisy Applefoot, a halfling living nearby in Brandybrook, would ask “Can yeh make us ah fanceh shovel? We’d sure apprecia’e ‘t!”