[✗] Playable CA Race Lore - Drakul, Serfs Of The Stone Serpent

The King Of The Moon

why did you make this? knowing you have already experienced the whole striga extravaganza, and that you are well aware of the good roleplay put into eliminating all strigae characters (including your own), why would you allow this concept to continue where it would be better fitting as something that has passed on? and on top of that – why did you choose to mix blood magic, striga history (both of which are completely unrelated) and a completely incorrect history to justify this?

let us take a look at a few things:

6 hours ago, The King Of The Moon said:

In the years preceding, Gedym had become a figure of interest to the dragon Malghourn. Setherien’s former general had rounded up Gedym and his nine followers after theirs and the harbingers’ defeat: each an archon of ancient blood magic in their own rite, to be experimented upon.

none of this actually occurred, because I was the one responsible for Malghourn’s general narrative and direction, and had worked with raptor14 to incorporate him into blood magic’s revision. the fact of the matter is that he would not have rounded up these randoms to “experiment” on them to produce any result along the lines of archons or these new striga, because thats not apart of his narrative and general character design. in fact, all he did regarding blood magic, following Setherien’s defeat, is call upon the characters that were chosen to be the first blood mages after the Shadow Druid (my character) had communed with him in order to justify finding and kickstarting the magic with that event

The Red Nexus, some had dubbed it, was an ancient lexicon of blood magic. It’d come into his possession following Setherien’s death, though even Malghourn wasn’t sure if it was his or made by an even earlier dragon.

the blood crystal was originally used to impart blood magic onto the first blood mages, and it was created by Malghourn

It was the Red Nexus, and the bohra his late master had captured for extermination, he decided, that would serve as a font of power for the ritual he’d conceived. The whole race was wiped out to fuel the ritual; the full scale genocide of the bohra race concluded as a font of genus for the ritual

no bohra existed in the land that Malghourn reintroduced blood magic in (4.0). this is entirely fabricated and literally clashes with what actually occurred within that timeframe, let alone how severely it cuts into Malghourn’s actual character design

i can go on with this, but can you see what i’m getting at here? i understand what you’re trying to do because the striga was a cool concept, but if you wanted to do that you need to steer super clear away from all of this because you’re just going to stomp the **** out of what has actually occurred in roleplay, replacing actual history and narrative with something you wrote in a few days

If this is how Striga are to be rewritten they should just be shelved outright.

The middle ground is more like a hijacking of the original piece and fundamentally changes the pillars that made being a Striga compelling. This lotc medium is high fantasy, Striga lore was written in low fantasy; the two perspectives are at odds with each other. They they don’t mix, and if you’re going to use someone else’s work you should at the least honour the source material and use it effectively. That means no dragons no ties to blood magic, no levitation, and no vampires WIELDING magic. The use of Aeldin and Anthos interchangeably is also confusing, travel and the way it’s implied in this lore piece is really vague. A dragon across the ocean hundreds of kilometers away shouldn’t be able to just ‘take an interest,’ the way things progress and the time it takes them to do so is actually important if you’re just going to continent hop like that. Lore should be localized when dealing with massive landmasses instead.

Last thing I want to touch on is the way this piece seems to trade off development and independence for flavour. Along with the low-fantasy focus, the second most important aspect of Striga lore is the character interaction. All the overlords of Strigadom act essentially as absentee landlords, Gedym aep Helgraen and the Unseen are hands off and thats how they should be. Striga are the outsiders and server-side, only really reprehensible by their peers. It’s a cringey to me that the progenitor of all Striga is being tossed around server lore just so you can check off a box. The priority here is on flashy powers and mandated bloodline traits which seems kind of redundant, with Striga the focus is instead on how your character develops in relation to others and how they reconcile the change within themselves due to their turning. This as opposed to getting tossed one of these archon vamp archetypes and levitation as a free appetizer.

It took a long time for vampires to become a thing on LOTC, and it wasn't because people desperately wanted to rp a bloodsucking cliche. This server has magic and monsters and gods and demons; avenues for creativity without relying on tropes, which is why for the longest time they weren’t a thing. It’s also why werewolves failed, because when all that matters is the ‘niche’ it isn’t enough. The reason why Strigae worked was because story, character, and simplicity were prioritized.

I appreciate that you guys want to put the old stuff to bed and come up with something new so please do that. Vampires don’t need to be convoluted to be fun. Just come up with something fresh and leave the old men out of the picture. 

So preferably no references to the original lore piece, apologies for the rant.

GREEN EYES WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

“ruh roh” *puts draining rune on mouth*

“now i am strigae” *injects blood magic berserker dna*

“wooooaaaaaaaeeeeeee” *runs around and bite people drain them with your rune in your mouth*

“aeaeaeaeaeaeaeaeaeaeaeea” *makes black book by using ink sac dye on book cover*

“hohohohohohohohohohohohoh witcher witcher!!!!” ? smiles like that because nobody can catch me

Is this an april fools?

6 hours ago, lev said:

Is this an april fools?

we can only wish

On 3/31/2019 at 5:08 PM, The King Of The Moon said:
  • Once created a drakul player must be OOCly informed of all weaknesses submitted separately to this lore.

•  

Hidden lore is bad and if the LT don’t demand that the lore is submitted wholly to this document they should be ashamed.  

Prevent metagaming by tracking who ICly knows the weaknesses and don’t tell people if they seem like the kind of person who is going to go write a “How to Kill a Striga” book and submit it to the Library of Dragur.  

On 3/31/2019 at 5:08 PM, The King Of The Moon said:

Whilst drakul are unable to reproduce with one another, they can do so with a descendant of their original race, creating a ‘half-drakul’. Half meaning in the regard that they will never bear the full boons and banes of a drakul unless fully; these children are however cursed to appear similarly to drakul in the ‘fed’ stage with unnatural eye colours, elongated canines, pale skin, an unhealthy, tired and slender appearance and pointed, longer and faster growing than average fingernails. Half-drakul gain no inherent abilities bar the cantrips of their Archon’s bloodline, a slightly more genus-saturated blood (four units, similarly to high elves) and the ability to sustain themself as one would with a balanced diet by drinking only mortal blood.

i swear to god if I start seeing “rawr rawr *shows fangs* x3” half-vampires as frequently as im starting to see succubus children doing uwu roleplay i will personally hold you accountable mordu

11 minutes ago, Dardonas said:

Hidden lore is bad and if the LT don’t demand that the lore is submitted wholly to this document they should be ashamed.  

If people have to find things out through roleplay then no-one has to get banned for metagaming. As seen in the examples of both Frost Witches and Striga, penty of metagaming seems to slip through the cracks regardless of how hard you try and report it. Case and point “my character just likes walking his pet bloodhound on the same street.”

All it takes is for one or two people to convince themselves they have knowledge in character because they have it out of character and before you know it whole nations are claiming to have been told in roleplay, past the point where most GMs are bothered to track a rumour down to its source. 

The weaknesses are still there and the point of the redline you quoted is to make sure they’re RPd properly, but I see no reason to make them public on this document other than to let people bring OOC into IC.

I can totally respect the amount of effort that has been put into this piece. Great writing and format of everything help that really show. Kudos! But it does seem rather...more headache inducing than usual for the players to follow within its guidelines 24/7, and that isn’t even including the hidden stuff. Hells bells Batman.

Both Jacko and Swgr made very good points above, and it seems like no one is happy that this lore is pretty much just hijacking others without consulting them first,  with some of your own written in. On top of that there are currently five six of us playing our Strigae and providing good rp, as well as some of us looking to make more, what happens to us if this goes through?

Sorry, but the ST believe this can easily be abused by players as with many lore pieces on this GOTTDAMN server. Im afraid we will have to deny your lore.