I Fought the Lag and the Lag Won

Sporadic

Sup LotC,

Most of this won't be relevant to you but I'm going to post it anyway because I have no life.

Change 1: The Discord and Forum integration.
Some people have noticed ingame you can now add your forum account and discord account to your Minecraft toons. You can even use this to link multiple Minecraft characters to the same forum account! There's now a slight benefit to this because you can run "/freja sync" and automatically get the right VIP ranks on both forums and ingame. This command can also be used to verify you in the Discord as a "Server Player" in lieu of the old method of verifying (using the #verify channel)

Please feel free to try this and report any bugs you might discover. From now on, don't worry about contacting GMs to get your forum/disc vip rank... it's now self-serve!

Change 2: Alt Applications Overhaul.
Alt applications are now automated. You can have your alt whitelisted without CT interference using /whitelistalt. All new accounts and some older alt accounts will be required to register using this method so the moderators have a better idea of who's who. There's been a lot of alt account shenanigans and we would like this to stop, hence the need for everybody that has more than 1 MC accounts on LotC to integrate these with their forum handle.

In the event you have an UNWHITELISTED MC alt account, do the following:

• 1) Make sure you have a Main MC account that is whitelisted and forum-integrated.
  • 2) Log in to your unwhitelisted alt (wandering soul) and use /whitelistalt.
  • 3) The command will require to give the forum handle of your MAIN account. Provide it. At this point you will receive a forum pm.
  • 3.5) If your forum account does not have an associated Minecraft account yet (your main), this command will NOT work.
  • 4) Fill in the verficiation code ingame from your ALT account. It will now be whitelisted automatically

If you have an ALREADY whitelisted alt:

• 1) Log in to one of your MC accounts
  • 2) use /freja forum [forum handle]
  • 3) Fill in the verification code ingame. This account is now integrated
  • 4) go onto your next alt account and repeat
  • 5) If your forum name is not recognized somehow, make a Support Topic.

If your account was falsely flagged as an alt and was wrongly unwhitelisted:

• 1) Contact an CT member

Change 3: The lEver command suite

We've replaced some of our older, very functional but ultimately bogged-down plugins with a series of homemade commands in the hope that this will speed up the server and help slim down dev work in the long run. If you're not staff, This likely won't affect you. If you are a moderator, you're in for a very frustrating next few weeks as some of your command portfolio has been altered, adjusted, is bugged or has flat out been taken from you by the evil Tech Team. But you will also have noticed that some broken commands are now back, the tab completion works once more, and some commands have their functionality changed. Some things will probably also be broken because of an oversight on our part. If this is the case, please do not hesitate to make a Bug Report Topic in the forums.

Change 4: Dynamic Player Load Optimization

So while nobody loved the wool pits there remains the grim reality that our server tends to perform extremely poorly when we reach higher player counts in the nights and during the weekends. However, for most of our uptime we are unaffected and it makes no sense to prematurely scale back some of the features when there's not that many players online causing stress on the server. As such, we have released a load balancer which scales back features based on players online. This means that in the downtimes, all features will be working to their fullest extent. But during peak times, and especially during events, a lot of things will be turned down to ensure a smoother roleplay experience.

The following is affected by these measures:

• Random block ticks, meaning how fast crops grow, leaves decay, snow forms or melts, etc
  • Mob spawning, whether or not mobs will attempt to spawn randomly
  • Mob AI, inlcuding whether or not chickens lay eggs, sheep spawn wool, and whether your animals wander/follow/breed or if they dumbly stand their like ragdolls.
  • How far out around you new chunks will be loaded, aka your view distance.

When a new level of server stress is reached, there should appear an informative message to explain you what has been changed by the rising or falling player counts

Very Nice! I’ll make sure to test these commands right away!

21 minutes ago, Lockezi said:

I appreciate you Sporadic

pls remember that when you witness the horror that /vanish has become

1 hour ago, Sporadic said:

Most of this won't be relevant to you but I'm going to post it anyway because I have no life.

same

good work the lack of wildlife in game rlly impacted my immersion

8 hours ago, Sporadic said:

So while nobody loved the wool pits

You shut the hell up the wool pitts are the greatest thing this server has ever done, bar none.

2 hours ago, Viltaren said:

You shut the hell up the wool pitts are the greatest thing this server has ever done, bar none.

I’m sorry but have you ever heard about logpits? Smh

Anyways, very nice stuff.

Any tips or troubleshooting if the freja command doesn’t seem to be sending a code to our forum account for verification?

@Helbolt I was sent a code, but it didn’t pop up with a notification of a new message, check your inbox and see if its sitting there.

22 hours ago, Sporadic said:

the tab completion works once more

+1

I’m a huge fan of tab completion :)

Edited by Omar Grimmer'Lak
changed font of the +1 to Times New Roman. also i just noticed /showitem works again!!!!!!!!