Horns of Cernunnos

mmat

“No King but Malin”

It was our arrogant dismissal of these exalted words which led to the downfall of our once great nation. Our Dominion of Malin fell soon after we arrogantly considered ourselves worthy of kingship - the nation which, for once in the history of Malin’s Children, was able to protect its people. Now, where do the great ‘successor nations ‘Alderyn’ and ‘Aegrothond’ stand? Divided, terribly weak and rotten at the core, their once fiercely roaring fire having died out.

It is our duty to rekindle that flame, to reunify our scattered peoples and to surge from the ashes like a noble phoenix, with all previous grudges forgotten and learned from. Until that high point is one again reached, we must also serve as a trusted bulwark for the Aspectist faith and for the Malinic people as a whole, both shielding and proliferating our patrons in their most fundamental way – the way of the Great Hunter.

2isxgFBVikstJ_ICDlnD4tI0POozO7Qb59l6YyG-qn9CDLVN3XDeUVh3JJ11VfoVNE6r2n2Tv4cK36n9UEpy274HqG9Z37TZcMapybJSP5eva0EiCM7cpAACt2kXHNrSiS6HtMNF

Aspectist Brothers of the Horns in full uniform, complete with hood and horned mask for the fully initiated

It must be through unity among the great Seeds of the ‘ame that unification is eventually achieved once again, and it must be through them that strength is rebuilt. Be they the true ancient aspectist scions of Caerme’onn, the seaborne sons and daughters of Torena, the faithful children of Aureon or any of the others, it must be through family and clan that we are rebuilt. New seeds must also spring forth from the brush in order to rejuvenate a dying garden - in the same way that old weeds are rooted out so new flowers might be planted.

Though following the Aspects is the way through which we shall prosper, their tenets must be supplemented by our own, and with this solid base we can push forward.

Initiate the formation of a brotherhood of Aspectist adherents and Malin’s Children unburdened by the grievances and feuds of the past.

Ceaselessly rain blows upon the eternal enemies of Malin’s Children through as just means as possible. The slaver, the bandit and any who would attack our people will not be tolerated to live without fear.

Actively engage in diplomacy with other nations who share the aims of protecting their Mali population against those who would assault them, and assist them militarily wherever possible

Vigorously promote the propagation of the various and unique rich cultures of all Malin’s people, be that the Aspectism of the ‘ame, the ancestral reverence of the ‘ker or the maehr'sae hiylun'ehya of the ‘Aheral.

Make possible the conditions by which the ‘ame people, and the wider Mali people, might once again be united, as they were under the Great Dominion

To ensure that never again shall any Elf declare themself ‘king’, or they shall be opposed with violence.

I invite all those who know of me and my deeds, all those who seek to redeem our lost age of gold and all those who seek a revival of our strength to come and join me in this. Though today I have appealed to my fellow ‘ame and followers of the aspectist wild gods, all common minded of Malin’s children who enjoyed the bounties of the Old Dominion and its great, however imperfect state, are welcome also under the Hunter’s banner, be they ‘ame or otherwise.

No King But Malin, mal’onnan and lari’onnan, let us ride once again.

“Let’s hope this prince doesn’t molest anyone,” a passing-by Norlander mutters.

Edrahil would laugh