Tofuus

Tech Update Log - March

unknown.png

Courtesy of @Tythus

Intro

This is a little late but better late then never I suppose

Performance

Mojang really dropped the ball in terms of performance on 1.13. We’ve been playing catch up ever since to try and have a playable gameplay experience. We’ve been experimenting with various different ways of improving performance without impacting gameplay too much.

You can use the command `/serverload` to see what status we’re currently at

E6cWl1g.png

Sheep and Wool Pits

Some people have been wondering about the addition and recent removal of wool pits. Wool pits were originally added at my request because I implemented a drastic short term measure of removing all sheep ai. This meant that sheep would never regrow their wool. This change has since been reverted in favor of our server load mechanism so I had the wool pit removed.

Vote Milestones

Just quickly mentioning this because some people haven’t noticed but we’ve fixed vote milestones. We also add a capstone milestone at 30 day consecutive days.

kYnbgYr.png

Forum Signs

Quick reminder as I’ve seen a couple people asking about the command `/frp`. It is no longer a command. Instead you create a forum sign with [Forum Link] as the first line. The next line is the topic id. To find the topic id, just go to the link you want and find the string of numbers right before the name of the topic.

5zUpRVj.png

Obywdwz.png

If you’ve done it correctly, the first line should turn blue like so

image.png

Soulweaving Tomes and Greater Soulstones

There’s some broken soulweaving tomes and greater soulstones floating around. If you have one of these, please leave the item in your inventory and make a `/treq` requesting for us to replace it.

Chest Shops

Following feedback we’ve adjusted how chest shops are unlocked. Chest shops for your first persona are automatically unlocked but every persona created after that needs 50 hours of playtime.

Discord and Forum Integration

For those of you who missed Sporadic’s recent post, we’ve added a way for you to link your discord and forum accounts in game. Simply do `/freja discord [discord handle]` and `/freja forum [forum name]`

Treqs and their purpose

There’s been a recent uptick in treqs so I thought I’d quickly go over how to use treqs..

DO NOT report bugs in treqs. Short one line sentences don’t help us track down and fix bugs. Instead please post them in the Support sub forum. The only exception is something like a dupe bug or a crash bug. https://www.lordofthecraft.net/forums/forum/12-support/

DO NOT request changes to plugins in treqs. They belong in the development feedback forum here https://www.lordofthecraft.net/forums/forum/969-development-feedback/

DO NOT make /devreqs when they’re intended for /treqs. Remember that the Tech Team deals with technical issues like plugins. Dev reqs are more for building and world related things.

Namplates

The commands for showing rp names and showing names plates have changed to `/showrpnames` and `/shownameplates` respectively

Random Misc Stuff

(+) /showitem

(*) Fixed auction house

(*) Fix lighting up Hoo-kah drugs

(*) Fixed SSing while in a different world

(*) Fixed farming with a hoe giving you billion of every crop

Guest Artists

I’ve basically gone through my backlog of artwork for these tech updates so I’m now opening up recruiting for guest artists. I just need a picture to place at the top of my monthly tech update. If you’re interested please pm me at Tofuus#0001

can I ask proper usage of /treq?

thanks for the update

Ebic

32 minutes ago, chaotikal said:

can I ask proper usage of /treq?

thanks for the update

Honestly this is something we’ve been discussing for a little bit now. Most of the treqs that come in are better suited to being forum posts. Most issues require background information and forums are much better for providing more information. We also don’t have nearly the manpower that the moderation team does so having support be in a ticket format just really doesn’t make sense.

If your issue can’t be easily condensed into one sentence, it probably shouldn’t be a treq.

I’ve heard that the command to disable seeing usernames or RP names above people’s heads has been removed somehow.

The leader of Brandybrook, @Tha_Mystery_Man, set name tags to be invisible before the command was removed, meaning he no longer sees usernames at all and will be stuck like that for some time.

I hope that this is only a temporary problem that will fix itself or that dev team has a solution soon.

I wasn't originally gunna comment, but since ive been tagged, yes im suffering.

I just want /rpnames (/mcnames) back, i wanna actually KNOW WHOSE TALKING AGAIN. 

35 minutes ago, NotEvilAtAll said:

I’ve heard that the command to disable seeing usernames or RP names above people’s heads has been removed somehow.

The leader of Brandybrook, @Tha_Mystery_Man, set name tags to be invisible before the command was removed, meaning he no longer sees usernames at all and will be stuck like that for some time.

I hope that this is only a temporary problem that will fix itself or that dev team has a solution soon.

23 minutes ago, Tha_Mystery_Man said:

I wasn't originally gunna comment, but since ive been tagged, yes im suffering.

I just want /rpnames (/mcnames) back, i wanna actually KNOW WHOSE TALKING AGAIN. 

You’re looking for `/shownameplates`

What is a “greater soulstone” and a “Soulweaving tome”????

1 minute ago, Demotheus said:

What is a “greater soulstone” and a “Soulweaving tome”????

Greater soulstones are soulstones you can buy that give you cooldown reduction and 1 extra ss slot. Soulweaving tomes are what you need to create redstone pillars.

2 minutes ago, Tofuus said:

Greater soulstones are soulstones you can buy that give you cooldown reduction and 1 extra ss slot. Soulweaving tomes are what you need to create redstone pillars.

Big thanks. So the greater soulstones, are they dropped on death? Or do you keep them/replace your current soulstone with it?

2 minutes ago, Demotheus said:

Big thanks. So the greater soulstones, are they dropped on death? Or do you keep them/replace your current soulstone with it?

Dropped on death

Bring back Nexus.

10 hours ago, Medvekoma said:

Bring back Nexus.

+1

14 minutes ago, lucasking321 said:

Will we get more soulstone slots? 

Maybe