Sign in to follow this  
Talias

A challenge for the Maheral

A challenge for the Maheral

As published on 21st of The First Seed, 1711

t62nhWlluECNkg3MgPfb3Ai1oy4pgBR46wls4BRlQoJNCEkGp-4LmdzVqVA5Upx_PoEL-xcU1ol9-R-RYRUXM89TdjYSFSu_nozkpMTMyR0KqhXZ2yCt7W5Cqzq82DHVahL0Eo3A

mx7Qh_D9sSf9Opy3aaEhUJJh7qoQk6zfX4lEBxuGZufT7y81jnPSekoEt7MaTKm0WElZFZyl23Q0v5bR4kXLrvTHnCnIsgxZH7ouxHeBp7BpKyQwg612fpqNhxzmsgP8l0cJgaJm

t62nhWlluECNkg3MgPfb3Ai1oy4pgBR46wls4BRlQoJNCEkGp-4LmdzVqVA5Upx_PoEL-xcU1ol9-R-RYRUXM89TdjYSFSu_nozkpMTMyR0KqhXZ2yCt7W5Cqzq82DHVahL0Eo3A

By the rights of ancient tradition I, Athedil Haler’thilln, challenge Dimaethor Visaj for the position as Maheral, upon his failure to uphold our tradition, and his utter disregard for our ways.

Of all the challenges I have issued throughout my life, this one cuts me the deepest. To have to challenge a man that I myself named to the position of Maheral, it hurts me deeply that I so misjudged him in times passed. But he forces my hand, and I can no longer sit back and watch as he tarnishes the name of our people.

His transgressions against maehr’sae hiylun’ehya are many, so we shall list them all.

Mister Visaj is a drunk, he spends more time carousing amongst the people, than he spends being the example of unquestionable purity that the Maheral should be. He is loud and crude, lacking the superior tact and elegance expected of our people.

Mister Visaj is irrational, seeing enemies in the shadows, believing even the animals and the plants to be but spies of an imaginary enemy. He lets himself be ruled by this irrational behaviour, denouncing the logic demanded by Larihei in favor of his own delusions.

Mister Visaj is violent, for an age we had eradicated the use of acid pits, they were deemed immoral, a needlessly cruel and inefficient way to bring about the end of an impure. But now he has seen fit to bring them back, even going as far as to threaten the lives and bodies of sentient beings.

Mister Visaj is slothful, he fails in his most basic of tasks to better those around him, ignoring the misbehaviour of his people, and disregarding his foremost duty as a teacher. As the center of our people, his lack of diligence infects our people, opening them up to a disregard for our ways.

Mister Visaj is soft, openly refusing to question the purity of his subjects, despite their clear signs of physical impurity. He surrounds himself with those brown of hair, even accepting that they dye their hair to conceal the traits that prove their impurity.

Mister Visaj is cursed by gold, so absorbed by his own righteousness that he writes off his elders. First Malaurir Lucion Sullas, when he himself had called upon him for a ruling, and later again when I sought to aid him in straightening up, in an effort to guide him back on a proper path.

It is as a result of these many shortcomings that I, as a former Maheral of Haelun’or, now seeks to take the position from him, as I have taken it from the impure and incapable in the past. Despite having no desire to once again thrust myself into the political world of the mali’thill, I see no other option, as my dedication to Maehr’sae Hiylun’ehya does not allow me to sit as it gets tarnished.

Maehr’sae hiylun’ehya is eternal, as must we the mali’thill be. You cannot build an eternal people upon a foundation of fear, with no better argument than a blade pressed against the throat of a people. The mali’thill must understand the logic of the path Larihei guided us upon, or they will abandon it as soon as the foundations of the state begin to shake. They must understand that maehr’sae hiylun’ehya is the order in the chaos of the world, raised above the lessers as to not be tarnished by their ways.

To be a bastion of purity we must follow a path that takes effort, that follow an agenda of long term stability, not short term victories. A mali’aheral coerced on to the path by fear of their life, they are not pure of mind, simply scared for their life. This is despite it being amongst the gravest of crimes amongst our people to kill an individual of pure blood, the mere threat of which is almost unthinkable.

Mali’thill, I urge you to take these words into consideration, as I call for a challenge debate between Dimaethor Visaj, and Athedil Haler’thilln to be called, and a council of former Maheralan to give their judgement.

Malaurir,

Athedil Haler’thilln

Oh and her light swept over me,

To strengthen our ancient firm stand,

And finally restore the Motherland.

aaaa.png

Spoiler

My dear old friend, my mentor and counselor.

What truly brought us here today? Is it your supposed innate motivation to protect what you call Maehr’sae Hiylun’ehya? Your self-declared pure intentions of saving the Motherland and her Blessed Citizenry from me? Or perhaps something else? A burning feeling of ENVIOUSNESS perhaps, for I succeeded in what you failed with for so long?

Come before me, Malaurir. Let us talk purity, progress and health. Your philistine attitude and call for passivity when met with threats has fallen out of favour amongst the Mali’thill.

I pledge to you, Blessed Citizen, to protect you from Athedil Haler’thilln. Haelun’or will not be turned back into the dark magic infested nest it was during his tenure.

MAEHR’SAE HIYLUN’EHYA

Nuala Dorberos would walk into the square, people crowded in front of something. The Mali’thill talking to each other making it hard to pick anything up. She would make her way through the crowd to see what are they reading. 

After reading the missive she would walk into the middle of the crowd, coughing loudly to get everyone’s attention. 

“Dear citizens of the Blessed bastion of Haelun’or, friends and family, 

It aches my heart to see yet another attempt to seize power within our walls. It truly saddens me to see this level of mistrust from a person once holding great power.  

We are all guided by Maheral Dimaethor Visaj--- but are to guide him as well in his time of need. This person, Malaurir Athedil Haler’thilln, rather than guiding and teaching our friend-- he has decided to rely on means that should be left for the lesser races. 

I am hereby asking you all, Children of Silver to stand behind our friend, our leader, our Maheral Dimaethor Visaj as he has stood for us many times. I am asking to show where your loyalty stands.

25 minutes ago, FluffyG said:

Nuala Dorberos would walk into the square, people crowded in front of something. The Mali’thill talking to each other making it hard to pick anything up. She would make her way through the crowd to see what are they reading. 

After reading the missive she would walk into the middle of the crowd, coughing loudly to get everyone’s attention. 

“Dear citizens of the Blessed bastion of Haelun’or, friends and family, 

It aches my heart to see yet another attempt to seize power within our walls. It truly saddens me to see this level of mistrust from a person once holding great power.  

We are all guided by Maheral Dimaethor Visaj--- but are to guide him as well in his time of need. This person, Malaurir Athedil Haler’thilln, rather than guiding and teaching our friend-- he has decided to rely on means that should be left for the lesser races. 

I am hereby asking you all, Children of Silver to stand behind our friend, our leader, our Maheral Dimaethor Visaj as he has stood for us many times. I am asking to show where your loyalty stands.

Athedil would approach the square, clearly annoyed that once again he would have to defend tradition, from those who would seek to question it. Without much need to consider his response, he quickly began speaking to the crowd.

“Means left to lesser races, of what means do you speak? I challenge Mister Visaj to a debate, the chosen form of conflict for all educated beings. While I can agree that this matter should have been resolved though guidance, Mister Visaj has time and time again disregarded his elders, as clearly pointed out in the challenge. Now to force him to contemplate his views in the eyes of Larihei, and to invite the rest of our people to join in the discussion as well, I challenge him to defend his views through eloquent discourse.

To bring an end to challenges like these, or to otherwise undermine their validity, would be to speak against the meritocracy on which the social and political side of maehr’sae hiylun’ehya are based. The very idea that the best suited to guide our people in the ways of Larihei, should hold the position of Maheral of the mali’aheral.

If Mister Visaj is true to maehr’sae hiylun’ehya, then he has nothing to fear from this challenge, it is only a threat to him should he not live up to our high standards.”

Posted (edited)

Uppori Haviryn would approach the square, with meek gentle steps and a straight posture, timidly passing through the square’s crowd to read the announcement. Uppori sighed, and thought to herself before speaking up. “The current Maheral has done so much for us. Ridding the evils that plague us, such as the dark magic users that hid among our fellow Mali’thill.”

She blinked, and exhaled. “Though, I suppose that these well... misdemeanors as you call them, can’t be ignored. To uphold tradition and have a friendly debate, would be exquisite, and a chance for Mister Visaj to prove himself as he has always done before. However, I will remain on Mister Visaj’s side, regardless of the results.”

Edited by UmbreScye

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, Talias said:

Athedil would approach the square, clearly annoyed that once again he would have to defend tradition, from those who would seek to question it. Without much need to consider his response, he quickly began speaking to the crowd.

“Means left to lesser races, of what means do you speak? I challenge Mister Visaj to a debate, the chosen form of conflict for all educated beings. While I can agree that this matter should have been resolved though guidance, Mister Visaj has time and time again disregarded his elders, as clearly pointed out in the challenge. Now to force him to contemplate his views in the eyes of Larihei, and to invite the rest of our people to join in the discussion as well, I challenge him to defend his views through eloquent discourse.

To bring an end to challenges like these, or to otherwise undermine their validity, would be to speak against the meritocracy on which the social and political side of maehr’sae hiylun’ehya are based. The very idea that the best suited to guide our people in the ways of Larihei, should hold the position of Maheral of the mali’aheral.

If Mister Visaj is true to maehr’sae hiylun’ehya, then he has nothing to fear from this challenge, it is only a threat to him should he not live up to our high standards.”

Nuala would turn to Arthedil and show a smile out of respect. Just before answering she would look at the crowd.

As you said, it is for all educated beings to debate. 

But it is the reasoning that will suddenly make a turn from sophiscated to vulgar.  

For what I can read from the missive—  the very reasoning behind calling the challenge reeks of envy and egomania.

In case wrong— I look forward to see the Maheral in his glory yet again.”

Edited by FluffyG
Typo

Good **** always goes on when I leave...” the near-crazed Gweiyr Morvael commented to himself, sighing.

"..I get hammered often, and I'm considered normal. Huh."

Some elf.

Alaion Miravaris would read over the notice, with a slight frown apparent on their face. They do not, however, directly voice any opinions, instead deciding to keep such thoughts to themselves until a further time.

Evar'tir emits a singular "Wack."

Taliah Sintel enters the gatehouse and opens the gates.