[FRP] Gods and Men 5 [OOC]

Kaun

Gods and Men

~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

((Link to Roleplay Forum---   

Gods and Men Basics

In Gods and Men, you take the form of one of the gods, fighting and creating, learning and forgetting, possessing kings and nobles, and the most important, fighting and working together with the other gods. There are two ways of winning:

1: Creating a pantheon

Afraid you might not be able to win? Want to play it safe? Well then, my friend, you've chosen the right path! In order to create a pantheon, you and your allies must be the sole remaining gods. If all enemies are defeated, you and your other gods rule the world, and over the races of the world.

2: Becoming the Ultragod

Yes, that is what I'm calling it. Not one for alliances? Greedy as can be? Well then, my friend, you've chosen the right path! In order to become the Ultragod, you must destroy the other gods, claiming the throne for you, the one true king! 

Sadly, there is more to it than fighting the others. The path of the gods is not an easy one. There is much micro-managing involved: You have to take care of your people, nurturing them and helping them as much as possible. The others will obviously try and stop you, but you must prevail! Cities will fall in glorious battles, and new ones shall rise through the hard work and labor. But, be weary, for the only thing keeping you a god is the peoples faith in you. If they do not worship you, you simply fade. If none cares for you, you have none left to help. It's game over. You lose. The others can try and send missionaries and priests to convert your populace, but you may do the same as well. Keep your people happy, and they worship you as the righteous god you are! Torture them, and they shall turn you into a demonic figure. Send prophets to increase faith in your populace, missionaries to destroy your enemies, and inquisitors to remove the plague of heresies! But, you will not take this path alone.  On your explorations, you will discover the others, and what route you take depends solely on...well, you! You could introduce this new god to your people, showing him as a great and glorious figure, or cast him into the abyss, slandering his name as the face of chaos.

If you do decide on an alliance, there is benefits, and there is consequences. The benefits are increased worship all around. With more people, the more faith you inherit. But the consequence to this is that you must share it. It is dangerous, but necessary for a pantheon. An equally powerful enemy wouldn't prove too powerful, right? Alternatively, you could also destroy this enemy. The benefits are obvious. You gain lands, riches, and get to keep the faith all to yourself. Plus, you could inherit his/her symbols. The rewards are great, but the risk you take is not one to take lightly. Although you could win, there is a possibility you could lose. Losing means you become a taboo figure, losing all your power and your kingdom. You become nothing more than the god of a deranged cult, therefore eliminating you from the game, or fading you. There is also corruption. Corruption in your kingdom grows in the governments you do not pay close attention to. Too much corruption, and the people may go so far to rebel! At first it starts as unhappiness and unrest, but grows and spreads as your people anger. 

Perhaps you've heard me speak of micromanaging, and you wonder how you, such as yourself, could possibly even begin. This is where possession and creation come in place. You may create a hero, and observe your kingdom from it's political powerhouse. Create a peasant and control your kingdom from its rotten underbelly. Either way, you must be able to observe your kingdom, and you must be able to regulate laws. You may wonder "What's stopping me from making it illegal to not worship me?" and  I will tell you. Nothing. But, be warned, if the people feel controlled, they may begin to grow unhappy. And do you remember what happens to unhappy people? Rebellions. Mass suicide to prove points. Uprisings and plunderings. Do you really want that?

If you didn't notice by now, I have yet to use the word "Humanity" because there can be more than one race. You may create any race, and show them your ways. The only thing keeping you apart is a slight application. I'm afraid we can't have everyone going around creating new races. The way this works is you can take one of your pre-existing races, and modify them to your hearts content. Then post the application here, and wait for acceptance. 

Now you might be wondering how I might handle all this by myself. Truth is, I can't. I can't make events for everyone at the same time. That's where the playerbase comes in. You can apply to be a Story Master and help struggling nations, destroy powerful ones, and help with all the minor stuff like judging a nations corruption levels, happiness, riches, food, and advancement rate. I will need at least 3 Story Masters before we start, and a few nations.

There are 3 stages during this roleplay: 

1: The Growth Age

During this age you have just founded a shard, world, etc. and you create your first people. You begin to grow your nation, and help your people prosper from barbarians and savages, to villages and twons.

2: The Discovery Age

During this age you begin to explore, and discover the other gods. You find competition and friends. Your people begin to become civilized, developing a culture now. 

3: The Peoples Age

During this age, your people are now mature and play a major role in your survival. You begin to fend off the others, and join with other factions.  This is the longest age, and ends when someone/a group wins. 

Note: Although I explicitly speak of faith to destroy your enemies, you must realize you may also destroy the others by destroying their kingdoms and nations. With no people, they will not survive. 

Now that all that is covered, time for the applications:

God App

Name:

Symbol (Water, plants, fire, etc):

Race (Default human):

Nation Name:

Nation Symbol:

Nation Terrain (Plains, desert, etc):

Race App

Name:

Originating Race:

Features (hair colors, etc):

Skin Color:

Story Master App

Do you have a god?:

What experience do you have with leadership?:

Give me a minor event for a prospering powerful city:

Give me an event for a weak, failing city:

Why should I pick you?:

Do you promise to not cause events to your own nation, if applicable?:

Please note that anyone breaking the rules will be warned. If it happens again, they will be blacklisted and are stripped of their characters.

1. No PG/PE/MGing

2. Be nice and respectful

3. Do not or try not to base your religion around IRL religions

4. Keep numbers realistic. If we find you are unable to do so, a Story Master will be assigned to give you the numbers.

5. Have fun!

6. You must follow the age limits. First age, no talking with the other gods. This isolation is so you can develop you're cultures. Second age, minimal meetings are to be held. These are strangers to you. In the third age, we are not restricting any meetings. Talk as you like

Feel free to leave any questions in the comments. This is, after all, OOC.

All other OOC posts will be posted here. There will be a few more coming, so please make sure to check in or Follow the post.

Accepted Gods

Re’Moara

Kazotar

Mhoric

Birrh

Repaiup

Qhul

Ark

Accepted Races

Sentori

Naevian

Muintiri

Arginians

Ternesian

Arkelon

Story Master List

Kaun The Elder

Stephensj

Map (Will be continuously updated)

Gods and Men 5 Maps

My Information as example:

God App

Name: Re’Moara

Symbol (Water, plants, fire, etc): Rebirth, Rejuvenation

Race (Default human): Sentori

Nation Name: Reju’Vena

Nation SymbolA flowering plant

Nation Terrain (Plains, desert, etc): Open plains with plateaus, lakes, and rivers with forested areas at the edges. A singular mountain near the center of the terrain.

Race App

Name: Sentori

Originating Race: Human

Features (hair colors, etc): Naturally dyed hair with flowing colors and patterns. Enhanced lifespans and enhance birthrate. Physically weaker, but large numbers.

Skin Color: Tan skin, occasionally pale/albino. Seen as a blessing.

God App

Name: Ark

Symbol (Water, plants, fire, etc): A Mirror

Race (Default human): Arkelon

Nation Name: The Arks

Nation SymbolA Pillar of Salt

Nation Terrain (Plains, desert, etc): A mountain range island surrounded by forest. The terrain is hard and difficult to traverse, and difficult to survive.

Race App

Name: Arkelon

Originating Race: Golem

Features (hair colors, etc): Stoney figures with humanoid features. They have no hair or mouths. Their eyes are emerald. They speak telepathically.

Skin Color: Pure white quartz.

Edited by Kaun The Elder

God App

Name: Kazotar

Symbol (Water, plants, fire, etc): Fire

Race (Default human): Naevian

Nation Name: Naevian Republic

Nation Symbol: A flaming wreath

Nation Terrain (Plains, desert, etc): Primarily open plains with rolling hills and rivers. The northern border of this terrain is marked by a large mountain range. 

Race App

Name: Naevian

Originating Race: Human

Features (hair colors, etc): Hair color is usually black/brown, while heights range from 5’8-6’0. Naevians are typically more strong and durable than the average human, but are extremely poor sailors and tend to be rebellious. 

Skin Color: Tan

God App

Name: Mhoric

Symbol (Water, plants, fire, etc): The Sea

Race (Default human): Muintiri

Nation Name: City-States of Muintira

Nation Symbol: The Bairsech, a mythological creature known to have the body of a dragon but the head of a wolf. Usually a symbol of strength

Nation Terrain (Plains, desert, etc): A series of islands close to the mainland. Each one is covered in towering mountains covered in jungle.

Race App

Name: Muintiri

Features (hair colors, etc): Their hair is of a colorful but natural variety, with colors like blonde, brown, and dark red. They are a short people (most hovering around 5 feet to 5’3), but resilient and optimistic despite their shorter lifespan of 60 years at most. They have an affinity for sailing and prefer high altitudes and humid climates.

Skin Color: Their skin can range from pale to tan, depending on the wealthiness of the person in question. The rich live higher up and stay out of the sun, so are paler while the poor live at the base of the mountain and work in the sun all day, so they are tan. 

Edited by MangoArt

58 minutes ago, MangoArt said:

God App

Race App

Accepted. You will be notified when the game begins, please watch for updates.

Name: Birrh

Symbol (Water, plants, fire, etc): The Holy Tesseract

Race (Default human): Arginians

Nation Name: The League of Argenites

Nation Symbol: Two hexagon-shaped shields intersecting, an abstracted cube at the intersection

Nation Terrain (Plains, desert, etc): Cypress-laden foothills, with ample water and fertile soil, but close to the sea and bordered by high mountains

Race App

Name: Arginians

Originating Race: Humans

Features (hair colors, etc): Olive skin, dark curly hair, blue eyes are rare but seen as a godly auspice, skilled agrarians with inventive irrigation systems. 

God App

Name: Repaiup

Symbol (Water, plants, fire, etc): A pool of water, upon which floats a lotus plant.

Race (Default human): Ternesian

Nation Name: Lathar

Nation Symbol: A dying tree overlooking a canyon.

Nation Terrain (Plains, desert, etc): Bare mountainsides, with scattered pools about them, forming natural fountains and waterfalls, enabling green growth underneath the water bodies. Cities tend to form around them, as one would expect, as well as places of worship and holy sites of pilgrimage.

Race App

Name: Ternesian

Features (hair colors, etc): Universally pale, at times grey, the Ternesian people embody their mountains not only in looks, but personalities as well. They have little sense of humour and practice brutal efficiency, especially as their lands have little in the way of wood or food. Their hair colour is, jarringly, in many shades of green, resembling the algae and other water vegetation that consist their primary diet. They tend to be short, lanky people, given their lack of natural resources, and tend to stay out of the sun by taking to the underground, where they build their mighty caverns.

7 hours ago, Kardel said:

God App

Race App

2 hours ago, Killmatronix said:

God App

Race App

Accepted. You will be notified when the game begins. Please watch for updates.

Map has been added below the Story Master(s) list

Edited by Kaun The Elder

God App

Name: Qhul

Symbol: Salt

Race: Human

Nation Name: Seljukk Tribe

Nation Symbol: Sword – Cutlass

Nation Terrain: Desert/Coastline/Oasis

20 minutes ago, HortonHeardAWho said:

God App

Accepted. Would you like  to make a Race App as well? Normal humans have difficult surviving deserts in a thriving manner. You could create a kin to Human that is more adapted.

Edited by Kaun The Elder

With 7 characters played, we will begin the roleplay soon. Please everyone watch the RP post.

God App

Name: A’aus (Ah-ous) 

Symbol (Water, plants, fire, etc): Incorporeal arcane mass – Humanoid figure

Race (Default human): N/A 

Nation Name: The Aozuul (Not an actual nation just a guild of followers based solely on the island of origin)

Nation Symbol: A blank blue banner with a white circle at the center

Nation Terrain (Plains, desert, etc): A lone mountain island just off the coast south of the big volcano in the center of the map, the terrain is standard forested island with a large mountain in the center

Race App

Name: Magic Wielders 

Originating Race: Any unless specified otherwise

Features (hair colors, etc): Retain any and all physical features of their race however they have a spark which allows them to wield magic to varying degree. (which can be specified by you or follow arcane guidelines of LOTC to keep streamlined) 

Skin Color: Any

(The god is basically the creator of magic in the world, and I plan to create a small guild of mages/adventurers that learn to follow him in the future, however they will not be directly created by him. The race he creates is not an actual race but among all races created by other gods, giving them a spark to be able to use magic to varying degrees, therefore they are not directly tied to him or have to worship him, but instead have an unclarified connection as when they use magic it is technically drawing from A’aus. If this needs to be specified further feel free to pm me, just feel like having a god like this that has no goals to actively expand their worshipers could be interesting)

With my latest post, Round Two of turns has begun. As you will see, several gods have been limited in capacity by an unknown force.

This forces Birrh into our plane of existence and it alone. He is now trapped from his other worldly planes. His knowledge of what may have come to pass, is no longer in play. With his detachment from his home-plane, so is he detached from any such knowledge and foresight. His physical manifestation also now depends on the faith provided by his followers. His physical state is also hindered by this, his fourth dimension aspects will begin to fade over time and he will take a more three dimensional form. But this may take many turns to occur, or Birrh may do so quickly if he so chose. Only by gaining immense faith and using his strength to maintain the fourth dimensional form, will he be able to sustain it. But this would weaken him over time by actively doing so.

All gods are also limited in their physical feats of interaction. Forming of structures of immense size etc are no longer possible by the gods for the time being. Their faith is not enough to conjure enough strength for such anymore. 

Repaiup is not capable of sustaining himself with the life force of every day life anymore. This is a powerful trait and thus had to be limited to a fair and just capacity. Only a species Repaiup creates in order to worship him will now sustain him, he must make a race within 2 turns or he will fade into another deep sleep and be eliminated from the game.

The capacity of the Mirror Realm of Ark is limited via the hindrances placed upon time and space. The Mirror no longer has a clear depiction of the current world or the past and future world.

A’uas is not the only source of magic in the world, but is the only known potential one at this time by the races. That is when they finally come in contact with him they will believe him to be the only one. This also defines to other players that making magic is possible, however it is EXTREMELY taxing on your god to create and to maintain it. A’uas will be the only viable magic source for the mortal races for many years to come, enough time to stabilize a healthy following that will not leave for another.

With your posts for next turn, be sure to post the status of your first city/village, the populations will roughly equate to 5,000 each. This will be many years after the previous round. Be sure to define a food source, what materials they choose to construct with, basic ideology your people will go for, and what your god plans to do next. And above all remember, your god must have an active influence within your peoples’ lives, or they will falter in their belief of you and you will begin to lose power. It is essential that you create a religious fervor in your population that is maintainable. If it is suspected your faith is not enough via your lack on influence, the Story Masters will provide events to your nation that will seek to overthrow you, making it harder for you to survive.

If you have any questions, please mail me or send me a message on Discord. Discord would be much easier for me to access. My Discord is KaunPrime#4804

God App

Name: The Last Rest

Symbol (Water, plants, fire, etc): 

A withered and severely frostbitten humanoid with blackened hands and eyeless sockets, clad in ancient garb and wearing a crown of icicles. Rimed with frost, and currently chained to a throne of ice beneath a great tree of verglas.

Race (Default human): Winglesc

Nation Name: Winglescynn

Nation Symbol: A silver hand

Nation Terrain (Plains, desert, etc): 

A thick boreal forest that would be constantly blanketed in snow were it not for the short (yet agreeable) summer. Spruce highlands nestle beneath dizzying, white-capped peaks. Those intrepid enough to pass this seeming wall of mountains would find themselves in a climate similar to the permanent ice caps – ruthlessly cold and disheartening in its unbreaking uniformity. The lair of the Last Rest is a frozen lake (in the center of which sits the verglas tree and the icy throne) wreathed in vapor and surrounded by what the Winglesc refer to as “Fangs of Ice” (glaciers).

Race App

Name: Winglesc

Originating Race: Humans

Features (hair colors, etc): 

A strain of northern humans that has adapted to extreme cold, partly because of biological adaptation and partly due to the designs of their Master. They are tall and gaunt, yet despite their seeming frailty they are surprisingly resilient to the effects of low temperatures. Their skin is vividly pale, varying in shades of slight yellow or faint blue – almost akin to a body experiencing the onset of superficial frostbite – and their hair is often steel-grey or white. They are often garbed in thick furs, though not nearly as many as a typical human would need to stay warm (once again highlighting their affinity for the frigid temperatures of their home), and are able to operate during the temperate summer months but would likely be at quite a disadvantage in hotter climes and rarely tend to venture anywhere that could be described as ‘warm’.

Skin Color: Pallid / off-white

Edited by SteelMarshall