[Completed]Minecraft VR roleplay? (Vivecraft server plugin)

PyroKitten

Imagine seeing someone's actual hands move with their own personal hand gestures as well as their head move with every real life nod or shake.

This has personally been on my mind for a few days, but also wondered if other players have thought about the idea of playing VR Minecraft on a roleplay server, the kind of inspiration, immersion, and the type of experience it could possibly bring.

There are videos that show that it's possible to have both VR players and normal Minecraft players on the same server (x) (It seems the guy recording isn’t using a vr, but his friends are),

and a video that show what it's like to play in the Minecraft VR experience (x) (Showing OMGCraft covering it).

Personally, this looks like a lot of fun, but also on the videos it shows how hard it is to PVP whilst in VR, but also talks about how fun it is to use bows and such. The only problem is that there are threads on Hypixel that regard being banned from the server by watchdog for having a 'hacked client'. (x) This is one of the main problems found on the search listings. Also if it's allowed by staff's permission, I'm willing to help test.

Oculus releasing VR Minecraft (August 15, 2016)

but most install a mod that’s called “Vivecraft” 

Foot note thoughts:

Say if I joined RIGHT NOW in Vivecraft-

• Would I be able to see what others type in the chat?
  • https://www.vivecraft.org/faq/ says in order for normal players to see vr players in VR, they require the vivecraft server plugin..
  • Will there possibly be VR support someday? Is it impossible?
  • Will this effect TPS?
  • Say if I got banned for testing, Can I request to get unbanned by staff?
Edited by PyroKitten
Server plugin*

mY ImMErSioN!!11!11!++1!1!11!1!!+11!!+1!1!

Do et. But don't get banned. ?

9 hours ago, GenericUwU said:

mY ImMErSioN!!11!11!++1!1!11!1!!+11!!+1!1!

Do et. But don't get banned. ?

Broseph- I really want to- but I want to make sure admins are aware/supportive of making a test first ? I don't want to risk getting banned

You know exactly what this will be used for.

lol. I think this is a good idea really. You know how voice rp is somthing but vr rp?!? That’s the next level

On 4/20/2019 at 6:49 PM, PyroKitten said:

What do you mean? @ScreamingDingo

He most likely means, "inappropriate" roleplay.

On 5/3/2019 at 3:10 PM, DDDylanS_YT said:

He most likely means, "inappropriate" roleplay.

Alright.. understandable, but not everyone has vr- or even plays minecraft with vr. I’m sure it’ll be visible to see if they are or not, and that’s what rules are for.

It’s the idea, no matter what your going to have people doing bad stuff with whatever, people did it with mpm even but it was still a great mod? 

How does Vivecraft handle typing? You’d still need to type to have dialogue with people and do emotes that are still not possible in vr. If this was added which would be cool but I doubt it as it’s kinda niche, without the ability to type quick enough and reliably enough or at all would make rping with you an absolute pain. I get annoyed when people emote novels but atleast there’s substance. With this, if it has type support we’d get the same wait but less substance or an even longer wait whichIjustcanthandle.

This would also run into the same problem as mpm where not everyone will/can download the mod to see what you’re doing. But atleast mpm users can still type out reliably what they look like.

Edited by Mapleveins

I think with VR you have to use a voice Plugin to handle in character roleplay… yes, voice to roleplay!

Took me a while to see this thread.

Go test it. You have my blessing. Report back.

You probably won’t get banned BUT all the hand movement stuff won’t work (even if others use the companion mod) because we’d need to register the plugin channel, probably with some sort of server-side plugin. They will however see you as a static blob same as everyone.