Sign in to follow this  
ChaseusBelli

The Day Alderyn Burned

Posted (edited)

Related image

Alderyn’s Palace of Alders set ablaze. Circa 1712

13th of The First Seed, 1712

It was at the command of Din’laselan, rightful Chieftain of Clan Ithelanen, to his brethren of ashen skin, to light the city ablaze.

“Aerith, Evar’tir. We have a task entrusted to us by our Prince.”

“What needs to be done?”
“By Morea, this city must be purged. Take cleansing fire to these lands; we leave nothing but scorched earth for the mongrel dogs of the Empire and their traitor allies.”

The elder Ithelanen raised a torch in hand, turning heel to march into the tavern. He promptly set fire to the banners and tapestries, before tossing the burning flame behind the bar-counter. With that, three Ithelanen men set to work. Manors of Ithelanen and Caerme’onn, the Palace of Alders, the clinic, and the library soon fell. Vicious flames of vibrant warm hues tore through the wooden frames and structures of the city. The fields were salted, the crops culled and sullied. The palace was set upon by Din’laselan himself. Supports toppled, and banners set aflame. Slowly but sure, the husk of a smoldering palace on the hill collapsed on itself, and the last building of the direlect state had crumbled.

The Ithelanen convened on the overlooking cleft of the mountain side, alongside the last cherry tree stood solemnly, overlooking the now desolate state of Alderyn.

“It is done.”

And on that day, the successor state of the Dominion of Malin burned.

Image result for burning palace on hill reference art

Spoiler

unknown.pngunknown.png

Edited by ChaseusBelli

“A claim to ashes” Aravae folds her arms outside of the burning gates. She’d Nod with satisfaction. 

Posted (edited)

Prince Myathilen watched from safety as the city was put the torch, his eyes alight with the flames that slowly engulfed the city. He would take the crown from his hand, giving it over to his Uncle as they returned from their task “Let them inherit ash, dirt, and stone.” he states to him before they made their way to the new home they had planned in advance.

Edited by Lynx

“Haha you cowards” laughed a Knight

“.. T-This doesn’t.. I..” 

The guy weakly pulled a gauntlet up to slide down his face in misery at what’s occurred.

“They didn’t even last an Elven day before declaring their surrender. .” The High Prince of Malinor replied after seeing the news.

Aelin Caerme’onn watches the city burn alongside both of her children, leaning her weight heavily on her glaive. “I wonder if they still think the Dual War Princes look down proudly on a Clan full of such cowardly men.” She snorts, drawing a circle upon her forehead before turning to leave.

“Divided we fell, united we now stand.”

An elf rides remorselessly away from the burning city, looking to the future with relish

((if we cant have it nobody can!!))

"I did not think cities burned so often." She frowned.

Tarkus scratched his head confused. “Okay. Well, ****, where’s the tournament now?”

Yue Fei would stroke his beard as he hung from a tree by his tail “Huh” he’d remark 

A spoop’s head tilted, ”Uh... Oh...kay? And I thought dweds were greedy. I suppose they want to fall...again.”

A youthful human mother stood outside the gates beside her bearded husband, perking a brow as she gazed through the iron bars. Beyond, she failed to see any flames that were so rumoured of – aside from those in the designated braziers. She began chuckling, shrugging to her other half,

“I guess Elves aren’t even brave enough to burn their own city, merely spread rumours.”

Lyaria Avern, busy with other affairs, would snort upon hearing the news - though a subtle, animalistic anger began to embed itself within her gaze,

”They burned the city I built? How pathetic, a bundle of worthless chikrs. Ever since they rid themselves of my aid, they’ve received nothing but misfortune, and I have no doubt they’ll perish just like these cowardly flames.”