The Winterguard

SubscriptShark2

t8yamY3.png

History

The Winterguard was formed out of the remnants of the Sons of the Creator by Andrew Winter. During this time the order prospered, and clashed with the Scourge many times than any other force. They served as the first defense of Anthos against the Scourge, lying right between them and Abresi. Andrew Winter was soon killed in combat, though and was replaced briefly by Vectis Vekon until David Winter finally took leadership. At that time, the kingdom of Herendul was formed, and the Winterguard became the primary military force of the kingdom. Many patrols were sent out to the North, and the Winterguard has a good number of victories over the Scourge. Their fighting style was a cross between rangers (when patrolling the North) and that of a regular knightly order. The Winterguard helped defend Malinor many times as well. That soon ended when Prince David Winter was killed in combat by a Harbinger. Without leadership, the Winterguard disintegrated, ultimately ceasing to exist.

After Oren was reunified, the Archduchy of Herendul in need of a new fighting force established the Brotherhood of the Northmen along with George Blackwell, count of Ager-Norfolk. Though it was small, and after the Duchy of Valles were relieved of their vassalship to Herendul, a new military was needed. Harold Winter II and Oliver Blackwell, count of Ager-Norfolk revived the Winterguard. The Brotherhood of the Northmen were assimilated into it, and Oliver Blackwell was given the position as Kommandant.

Now after time of struggle for House Winter and Herendul no longer being a existing political entity, we now declare the Order of the Winterguard to be Reformed under Kommandant Lukas Winter, now serving as a Levy for House Winter

Ranks

Commandment

The Commandment leads the Order, all of his orders are obeyed without question. He handles all promotions.

Current Commandment: Lukas Winter

Grand Captain

The Grand Captain is second in command of the entirety of the Winterguard. He leads the Order in the Commandment's absence.

Captain

Captains are the senior officers of the Order. They help the Commandment and Grand Captain in leadership of the Order, and regularly drill the men.

Sergeant

Sergeants are the sergeants of the Order, drilling the men and supervising them in tasks such as guard duty.

Footman

Footmen are foot soldiers and the proud full members of the Order who serve as the main force during a battle. They are in the process of being trained to the skill that is required for a sersjant.

Physician

Women are allowed into the ranks as noncombatant assistants to the soldiers. They are to assist soldiers during battles and care for the wounded afterwards. They do retrieve training in combat as well.

Quartermaster

In addition to his rank, a soldier may be given the position of quartermaster. The quartermaster is responsible of distribution of all materials to the ranks and keeping a well supplied storage.

Remunerations

All members of the Winterguard receive free bunking, rations, and gear. Each rank receives a different amount of pay. The salaries are as follows:

Physicians: 10 minas a saint’s week

Footman: 10 minas a saint’s week

Sergeant: 10 minas a saint’s week

Captain: 20 minas a saint’s week

Grand Captain: 40 minas a saint’s week

Quartermasters receive an additional fifteen minas per saint’s week in addition to their normal salary

___________________________________________________________________________________

Oath

I… do claim a promise of loyalty, to protect and stand for the lands of House Winter, and to always value the Creator, and your will, … Kommandant of the Winterguard, and to all your offspring, according to the obligations of the Guard. My sword, my shield, my strength, mine life will serve House Winter, and all it’s kin till the day I claim the deathbed.

Obligations

-Men of the Guard are expected to work and contribute to the Guard, including doing tasks such as mining, woodcutting, farming, smithing, and fighting.

- Men of the Guard are expected to fulfil their religious duties.

- Men of the Guard are expected to protect the House of Winter and members of its Circle.

- Men of the Guard are expected to be honorable, loyal, and respectful.

- Men of the Guard are expected to represent the Guard in a good way in public; random acts of crime will not be tolerated.

- Men of the Guard are expected to hold a faith in the Patriarch and his family.

- Men of the Guard are expected to follow the Will of the Patriarch as closely as possible.

Religious Duties

Members of  the Winterguard are expected to follow three tiers of religious duties. They are as follow:

Attend every mass in the chapel, and to attempt to attend any other mass within the the Liege’s realm.

Protect the faith against heretics and blasphemy, and to assist the Cannonist Faith in any form.

Have an extensive knowledge of all of the church’s doctrines and of each Saint and Exalted.

Joining

OOC

MC name:

Discord name:

RP

Name:

Experience:

Oath:

I… do claim a promise of loyalty, to protect and stand for the lands of House Winter, and to always value the Creator’s, and your will, … Kommandant of the Winterguard, and to all your offspring, according to the obligations of the Guard. My sword, my shield, my strength, mine life will serve House Winterl, and all it’s kin till the day I am a grave man.

Credits go to Amk when he created this a long time ago, so i slightly edited it and re-used it, also might be abit outdated but thats that!