Sign in to follow this  
Kingdom_of_Curonia

Letters Patent for the Duchy of Warwick, 1714

Posted (edited)

n1JgQHNG-wDFDfKGe4Ei_MRi1aMrrxaDh-mrxGN5IcDE9RmhCoRh-fBhz3-fAndbXakWwuNxRUKZBbPmg_x0JiJnTsXnZQlj0_4o88W1vWGRA9s8feLdx6oQUv6wG9AwqMOK8Tov

Issued and declared by His Royal Majesty Jarrack I  of House Devereux on the 8th of Grant Harvest, 1714

We are moved to reward the steadfast service of our loyal subject, Lord Edward Suffolk, by extending to them posthaste a tenure in fealty to our King. We do by this patent affirm the special esteem and grace afforded to his house, which permits him to joy particular honor, dignity, and esteem among our subjects. These rights are naturally due to the rightful ruler of the Duchy of Suffolk, bestowed to His Grace originally in 1710. The purpose of these letters is to publicly recognize the loyal service and special grace of this most noble house. Thus his honours are attested as follows...

– HIS GRACE the DUKE of WARWICK, EDWARD of the HOUSE of SUFFOLK –

Through this patent, we do make known to the realm and to the world at large that Duke Warwick is a leader in our Kingdom. We further bestow His Grace the Duchy of Warwick, which shall encompass the lands known as the Suffolk Woods, as it is our right under the Ironaxe Initiative dated 6th of Owyn’s Flame, 1706. We do also reaffirm the nobility and virtue of his house; in doing so, we offer into his hand a sword of gold, and a rod of old, to have and to hold. He may continue to enjoy and employ all the rights and privileges due to a peer of such stature. By your witness, and by the witness of God Almighty, we have willed these letters be made patent, with the full force of law behind them.

AD GRATIAM DEI 

His Royal Majesty, Jarrack I of House Devereux the King of Curonia,

Duke of Curon & Umbra, Count of Cyrilsburg & Avalain, Baron of Arisan,

Blackreach, Rivia, & Vasile, and Lord of Bear Mountain, Blackden, & Drakov

Edited by Kingdom-of-Curonia

Posted (edited)

While Edward Suffolk was sitting at the dinner table with his family, a servant would bring the sealed letter. He would break the bear seal thinking of the prefect Javier and begin reading. After reading he would face his family and before passing the letter to them he would humbly say; “While one does not seek titles or honours, one has pledged oneself to the service of one's nation. And if one's peers and lords have resolved that, that was the best way one could serve, one shall reluctantly have to accept the responsibility, whatever one's own private wishes might be.” Edward Suffolk would then execute the letter, press his seal on red wax and scribe the following before before delivering it back to the crown, Witness whereof I set my hand andaffix the seal of Suffolk" Lord Edward Suffolk, Duke of Warwick”.

Edited by Sheczar