Whitelist App Reform [Your View]

TarreBear

The new application format reminds me of the original whitelist applications during Aegis.

Edited by NotEvilAtAll

I really like the addition of the scenarios.

finally.

much, much better than the old one. I agree with this

Overall, I think it could be good to make the application process a bit more in-depth however as for the new ‘scenario section’. What are the types of criteria for applicants that are going to be filling out this new application format. If you’re expecting really detailed posts I wouldn’t necessarily say you’d get it – a lot of our members are new to roleplay and expecting them to flesh out full RP posts before even joining the server might be unrealistic 

04f3948cae4b28f49d0a717b3077178c.png

I feel like this is kinda like the “Please tell us why you think the community community guidelines are important” in the ban appeals section, pretty pointless. I mean, I’m not necessarily saying it’s bad to have it in there, I just don’t think it’ll get people to read over the rules anymore than they would if it wasn’t in there.

• btw Tarren, please for the love of god remove the “Please tell us why you think the community guidelines are important” in the ban appeal format. Half of the people that get banned aren’t in violation of the community guidelines and to get them to suck up to them is stupid when their ban has nothing to do with it. It just makes the whole ‘Community guideline thing’ look more like a way to target ban players.

But to sum it up, I think the changes are good – just have to see how it works out in practice I suppose.

I do done diddly declare ‘dat ‘dis does get my +1 seal of approval. Let there be- at least a moderate amount- of effort required once more!

It needed a little refreshing from when I applied almost 3 years ago, I honestly thought the questions were a bit wack. I'm glad to see an improved one and overall well comments!

5 minutes ago, Wrynn said:

What are the types of criteria for applicants that are going to be filling out this new application format.

The criteria for the scenario section of the application will be based off of the example scenario answer. We are looking for something that is quality, but also short and sweet. We aren’t asking for paragraphs, nor an entire short-story's worth of work.

5 minutes ago, Wrynn said:

I feel like this is kinda like the

This question was included to try and open the floor for new players providing feedback on their first impressions of the rules. We’re looking for more than just another way to try and get people to actually read the server rules. Additionally, not that I assumed you were implying it, but that isn’t focused around Community Guidelines, but rather all server rules.

I love the new form! I definitely support because it’d most likely drive away the less serious/less experienced/etc. from trying to join. I’ve seen some people get declined every time because of something related to IRP issues (i.e. trying to create a mary sue, saying they lived in the Atlas when they’re only 20 today, etc), or, OOC things (like being underage [and acting it], or once being super whiny about being declined).

Edited by TreeSmoothie

The new application is very nice for getting rid of non serious players. As for the time it takes, the biggest problem is not in the application, but in understanding the culture your character is from. The wiki is full of useful information that is necessary, but hard to navigate for new players. If there was a page set up that would be specific for new players and would funnel them down to a single page they needed to read. For example: the new player would have the choice to click on on the links Human, Elf, Dwarf, etc. That link would lead the to a page that has the subtypes with a brief description. They click on the subtype they plan to play and that will lead to them the different nations with a small describe. When they choose a nation it will give them a page of information they will need to read before playing that character. This way they don't have to dig through the Wiki looking for the necessary information for their backstory and to be able to rp as though they were from that nation. 

Edited by The_Courtier

Reminds me more of the whitelist app I had to fill out in Athera.

I approve of this, as per the scenario questions- I think this encourages players to get into the heads of their characters when thinking about roleplay.

From the CT however, I’d like to see higher standards in what they allow for these answers too, I’ve seen lore discrepancies in some apps which have been approved and implemented before I could bring them to the attention of a CT. Usually this is with regards to things like where the character was born listed as a very recently-emerged settlement and the like.

Also, stop allowing Wood Elves with pale skin, grr.