[Completed]Query On Wiki Content and Banned Users

excited

Alright, so, formally I’ll be listing this in the Debate Forum so that the topic can run its due course and the community can offer feedback as to what happened. I am currently serving a long ban for an account-sharing conspiracy that happened with the collusion of me and several other members of the LoTC Community. Because of this, I clearly do not play anymore, although I like to tweak wiki pages and make posts once in a while since I’ve been a part of this community for so long. 

I see other banned users make edits to the wiki and there is no established precedence for this. Most of the tweaks are (as far as I know) rather harmless. I just enjoy to sit down and write Lore, I also enjoy writing analyses on canonical in-game events and nation-states that existed while I played the server. I am now banned with the “Infinite” marker from the Wiki, and I can no longer edit pages-- not even the ones relevant to my own background on the server, an example being the Elven wiki pages which are horrifically out of date. 

This ban was made without me knowing. The reason is “Account-Sharing With Banned Wiki Users”; I never conspired with other players using my Wiki Account and only I have had access to it for writing pages relevant to nations I’ve been a part of. I have not been issued a warning by Lsuvfar on the forums or any other form of notification that this would happen. That is where the debate comes in for as following: 

Should banned players have access to edit Wiki pages? If not, why. If so, why.

Should someone be issued a Wiki Ban without pending notification and evidence?

This is not intended to berate @Lsuvsfar or other members of the Wiki (Story?) Team. I just want to bring this error to their attention so they understand that I have not engaged in any duplicity to loan out my wiki account so people can edit Elven Pages. I’ve done these edits myself and it’s not some kind of conspiracy. My IP History on the Wiki is substantial evidence enough that the account “Aerial” (which has been on the Wiki for years ever since I was a Global Moderator, Wiki Team Member, and Magic Team Member) is definitely mine, although my MC Name has changed since then.

Thank you for your time.

• The block was made by Lsuvsfar. The reason given is Account Sharing With Banned Wiki Users.
  • Start of block: 13:39, 10 April 2019
  • Expiration of block: infinite
  • Intended blockee: Aerial

You can contact Lsuvsfar or another administrator to discuss the block. You cannot use the "email this user" feature unless a valid email address is specified in your account preferences and you have not been blocked from using it. 

gay

+1

I will quote Mr. DsDevil here:

When you give an all-out ban to a player, you lose someone contributing to the community. No player is perfect, we are all flawed in one way or another. When you dispense an all-out ban, you do not only prevent a player from harming the community through the means he had harmed it prior, but you also immediately deny them any chance of contribution another way.

Because of this, I think “Wiki bans” should only be handed out to those who vandalise the Wiki / do not adhere to wiki editing rules.

Similarly, someone who X-rayed should be given an IG rank that does not allow them to loot ores, and someone breaking raiding rules should be barred from raiding and not the server.

for me bans are just an opportunity to alt, so i don’t really mind getting banned... they’ll never catch my alts...

Just now, Jaeden said:

Whatever you say, CreeperZlayer22

businessman-jumping-out-of-window-BK28PD

you’ll never catch me alive you ************ ****** **** australian **********

remember guys the gm team count every transgression you make on the server and never erase it from your record, letting it accumulate until the end of time so that every punishment is related

2 hours ago, Harrison said:

remember guys the gm team count every transgression you make on the server and never erase it from your record, letting it accumulate until the end of time so that every punishment is related

mad lol

This thread has been deemed inactive and the debate concluded. If you feel this was mistake, please contact a moderator.