Community Team Update - April 2019

TarreBear

YZ5DLLCRHTTd5yaA-52nKKFV7-wiF5eS2xAWvMaW

554a7gpM5Y0Tptlgdp0NoXRgw6Th1dJooTxRGqAhAX-ekpkw1r3otGFsBVI5MdPUsjewcoj656LmElzcQzntMGo3gFIjPc8IlQHJ3jNuoJlg7Edsz-PEa6nQifV6_KRCten8pCMX

COMMUNITY TEAM MONTHLY UPDATE LOG- APRIL 2019

Introduction

Hello Again Everyone!

You know what time it is- we are back for yet again another monthly update!

April has been a busy month, loaded with lots of new project work from the team. Overall, we’ve focused heavily on getting new content and events out to the community, and from what we’ve done so far, it’s been pretty successful. From application reworks to easter egg hunts- we’ve had a busy busy month. In this update I’ll go into some of this months app statistics, our team stats, as well as some info about ct projects that have been going on.

This will be the last month @Ivoryyy_ will be doing the community team update alongside myself. She has stepped down from the team due to irl reasonings. I would like to thank her for all of the amazing work she has done from the team. She was always optimistic, supportive, and hardworking from the beginning when the team was first thought up and into the current state that it is. We will miss her and we hope to have her back some time in the future! With that being said, her position will now be filled by @MamaBearJade. Jade has been another extremely hardworking member of the team and consistently goes above and beyond. We congratulate her and wish her the best of luck!

If you’ve been living under a rock and don’t know what the community team is, you can read more info about the Community Team’s policies [Here]

Community Team Roster

zG5WVgRNtonJZJ0ipM8oAjy5OopQi26QSOkM-7Jn

Monthly Application Data

Hello, Ivory here!

This month we saw 442 new applications to LOTC. 436 New Player apps, and 6 alternate accounts.

This is a slight decrease from last month (10 apps), though still a huge increase from the earlier months of this year. From here onward, we can expect to see a steady, if not increasing amount- with summer getting closer.

Our overall acceptance rate was 71.5%, including both pending-accepted and accepted. This is slightly lower than last month (by about 4%), but can be expected with such a stark increase in the amount of apps handled.

Spoiler

Tb40pvt9LR8T8yh9Y72oced0G3aeAMPxNA_8japN

xurWzLjNlG6H7MJ46zE9FrKckBdNYlFzzda9XXzW

62.9% of accepted players were from an American timezone (About a 5% decrease from last month) 23.8% were European (5.1% increase from last month) And finally, 3.3% were Oceanic, an increase of about 1%

Spoiler

QZgxOVUE5SgQjnrqXXgcpYw9cdNXqx8pnwS9NwlB

Z2FvpI4GQuNOIgqqJawxhctChr-Xrm-tguLsVuxL

Now, onto some finer details about our applications this month

As per usual, the largest applied race was humans, topping over 56% of all apps (An increase of around 8% from last month). Elves followed behind with 32.2% (Decrease by about 4%). Dwarves came next with 6.9% (Decrease of around 2.5%) 1.8% orcs (Increase of 0.2%) and 0.9% Halflings (A decrease of about 3%)

Spoiler

n6BA31a3WsWta7g2kIqVhGwqUozr2UrZu70jPiC1

1dOrtcHsLHi91KAf-6WJb1DHMrLL8uD06rhwc9wF

Monthly Team Data

This month has been almost entirely focused on project & application work. We haven’t taken on any new members until the tail end for next month, and have instead been working to further expand on our training procedures with our trainers - Jenny, Torky, Zach & Jade. We’ve also now split into some core focus groups into the future, and this will hopefully aid in completing our projects much faster going forward. Aquaquean is absolutely amazingly insane and has taken on a massive brunt of the applications and took on the alt application guide project, and well and truly deserves some thanks for that.

Please keep in mind that some members may have not made quota due to hiatus’, being added to the team later in the month, or are a lovely Community Content Creator and therefore not required to. (Jenny_Bobbs, Bluee, z3mos, TheIchorDruid & Reko)

I’d also like to welcome our newest team members- @LotsOfMuffins, @puffyduck & @Lirinya !

Spoiler

33z1LwZk42ikqbuCSIPm5XEofuBDtxSK4Uzuzb98

This Month we have a Quota Queen!

I’d like to congratulate @Aquaquean for making Queen of Quota for April!

Followed somewhat closely behind by Soul, Chaos & Marb

Aqua here has been a huge help to the team for the last few months- she’s really taken on the load of applications whilst we focused in on projects, training & interviews!

9P78FLIebRqgeodUPYm7AJgrLDU4hqOHRP7Bmuwb

Member Alterations

^ Mamabearjade promoted to Community Team Manager^

+Puffables added on as Community Team+

+Laurelin added on as Community Team+
+  LotsOfMuffins added on as Community Team +

-Ivory stepped down from the Community Team-

-Trinn stepped down from the Community Team-

- Roseways removed from the Community Team -

Projects of April:

Application Rework: One of our biggest projects this month was drafting up a new application system and it will continued to be continued into May as we put final touches on the project. The current one displays many issues of being too easy, and so as a team we addressed this and met together to come up with an improved system. It’s a delicate balance to make the apps not too easy, but also not too hard as to deter new players from joining. We put this up to a {Your View} thread, and from what we’ve seen- the responses have overall been fairly positive. This new system aims to have new players flesh out a much more detailed character, and also expands on the knowledge required for Metagaming and Powergaming. The Your View is now closed and we will be looking through feedback. If you wish to see where we are headed with this project click the link below.

https://www.lordofthecraft.net/forums/topic/181198-whitelist-app-reform-your-view/?tab=comments

Tailors Guild: This month we’ve done a lot on the tailor’s guild. Tonnes of behind-the-scenes work has been going on, and we have launched.  If you’re interested in helping out by creating skins for new players, please let us know and we can add you. This project also incorporates a newly updated skin archive, with loads of free to use skins for new

players to apply with.

https://www.lordofthecraft.net/forums/topic/181360-the-tailors-guild/?tab=comments#comment-1701727
Skin Archive: 

https://sites.google.com/view/skinarchive/home

Alt Application Guide: As many have noticed, alt. accounts have been unwhitelisted due to the new forum account integration system. The community team will no longer be accepting Alt Applications over the forums. Aquaquean took the time out of her day to write up a guide to make whitelisting your alt account and integrating your forum account If you wish to have your alt whitelisted, please follow this guide to due so!
https://www.lordofthecraft.net/forums/topic/181142-alt-whitelisting-guide/

Easter Egg Hunt!: So this one was a fun little event that I (Ivory) spontaneously decided on doing- and I hope you all enjoyed it! The CT certainly had fun hiding eggs, and I know that I had a blast trying endlessly to find words that rhyme with one another for those damn riddles. Congrats to the winners ? https://www.lordofthecraft.net/forums/topic/181066-arcas-easter-egg-hunt/

What’s Next: For the month of may our goals are to get the Pots and Pandits project completely fleshed out and have the focus group trained to start performing those events. The team also has a focus group that is tasked with planning community events which include things such as the Creative Cafe, Game Night, Holiday Events and more. Look out for that as we plan to kick of some of those events in the upcoming month. Lastly, our content creators will be working out getting the twitter and youtube more active!

A goodbye!

Okay not going to take very long here but it’s Ivory, and I’ve decided to step down from the Community Team. It’s been almost a year across AT/Manager/Director/ CT Manager - and I’ve absolutely loved working with such a great group of people, and doing a lot of applications. A massive thank you and best of luck to the team in the future, they’re under some amazing directorship/management and have a load of projects that’ll work brilliantly for the community.

O7

Special Thank You!
MamaBearJade for her continuous hard work keeping everything organized and leading projects!

Aquaquean for pulling a lot of weight this month taking many apps and taking initiative in projects!

Thank you and see you next month!

Ivory despite we being only two months in the team together I know I’ll miss you. Thank you for everything and I hope to see you working with us in the future again. ❤️

Pd. I tried dethroning Aqua it's just not possible ?

I shall remember Ivory for a long time. We are like blood siblings with our race to the top in AT. Really sad to see you go, but good to know that you know where your priorities are.

Aww, I’m going to really miss you too Ivory ❤️❤️ Good luck with everything!

Can’t believe it’s my second month on the team already! It’s really been a blast so far, guys! Also, we’ll all miss you Ivory, best of luck with everything you do!!

im  gonna miss my sister ivory ? but ik she is doing great things as we speak!

Yay Community Team!