An Earnest Farewell from Asulon

Kardel

Spoiler

Dear Lord of the Craft Community,

I’ve left the server in many times, but I’ve always found a way to come back.

I was never one of those people who perceived this hobby as a problem. I’ve genuinely enjoyed my time here in LotC. It’s been a creative outlet for me in the best of times, and a much needed escape in the worst of times. But now it’s time to go.

Some of you know me in a positive context. Others in a context which is not so positive.

I like to think I’ve never bothered anyone to the point where they really disliked me. I am glad if this is the case. If you have ever felt slighted by my actions, I earnestly apologize. Please don’t think of my occasional tomfoolery as an affront when you step away from the keyboard!

As we get older, our hobbies change. Apathy is dangerous in a community where screens make consequences seem unreal. There’s kids behind the screen, and they’ll think about those words you send over discord long after you’ve pressed enter! Please keep this in mind as you continue exercising your creativity on this wonderful platform!

I’ve been part of LotC for the better part of eight years. I’ve done it all, from staff to leading to getting banned. I regret only those actions which might have made others feel bad or unwelcome. I am grateful that I got to grow up with a tool that essentially allowed me to escape into middle earth anytime I felt stressed! I’m not a native english speaker, but LotC did wonders for my writing!

If you’ll hear it, I have some advice from experience:

Please write as much as possible. Write creatively. Write lore. Write shitposts! Write, write, and populate this virtual world with content! You’ll notice that it has the unintended consequence of honing your writing skills and communication skills. Those are employable traits!

Please budget– even plan out if you have to– the time you spend on this server. No more than a few hours a day! Remember that pixels are not real, and that the world is bright and full of hope, and that you are still young and whatever may seem bad now will pass soon!

Please learn! I’ve come to believe that there is a certain population of kids predisposed to playing LotC. And they’re the bright ones! Learn and pursue your educations, and intertwine your education into your RP– you will benefit more than you can imagine!

And lastly, remember that, whatever may happen on discord and the forums and whatnot, we’re all friends. Every person in this community should be a friend to you! Some come around harder than others, but we can all bond over the shared experience. Camaraderie is a great thing!

The people who I used to enjoy the server with are mostly gone, save @Hiebe and @Hobolympic. Watty, Tef, Jist, Ziggy, both the James– if you’re reading this I hope you’re all well. I stuck around because I genuinely came to enjoy storytelling. Politics ruined it for me, but that was an experience too.

Shoutout to the staff– Kai was my first and best ET manager, love that guy, if you’re reading this cheers bro– who put in so many man-hours to keep this universe feeling real. You guys are the best! It was a humble honor fooling around alongside you with pex, and y’all know anytime I cheated it was without spite.

Thank you for accepting me and brightening up my hardest days,

Zivko

See ya friend, it’s always sad seeing older players leave but good luck in all your future endeavors.

I love you

Glad I could spend many years and dYs with you here.

Farewell to an OG. Hope all is well and good things to come in the future for you my guy

We weren’t close and you likely don’t remember me, Ziko. Nonetheless, it was a pleasure being alongside you on the ET, and I hope you find success in whatever it is you hope to do now on gaming and in real life. 

Kudos to you, bud!

Man, I wish you all the best. We've had some good times, and I can definitely understand your decision to leave the server (can't say I've not considered the same, though I guess the nostalgia and other players keep me around). Good luck out there, and hit me up on discord if you feel like catching up sometime!

Welcome to the “I left LOTC” club. Snacks are in the fridge and the emotional diress as well as bad writing can be purged from you momentarily. 

Also you did the whole delete everything again, send me contact information.     
James#8143