[✗] (Siege invention) Galley

welshnutter

Origin/Backstory.

(OOC) While i was building the wall to my settlement i started to think of diffrent siege equipment that could be used to breach the defences so i started work on desinging a few siege items for the server based on actual siege weapons used.

(RP)

Spoiler

Bwelch Azaghul after the failure of his last invention started working on some new inventions that may benefit his fellow dwarf or the citizens of Atlas but only coming up with more failures  or hitting a wall when it come to the logistics of getting it all to work.

He eventually designed a forge for the city of Agnarum and upon the approval of the king and his kin he started work on building it all the time thinking if new inventions.

Then came the day he had to leave the land and head for a land know as Arcas, upon arriving he decided to head to the wiled lands and build up his own hold hoping to rebuild his ancestors name and status, all the while he was building he was thinking of new inventions that could help him or his hold, he also thought of inventions that would pose a problem for his hold.

He started to design siege equipment that could breach his walls as well as siege equipment that could hold back attackers.

while looking at the design of a battering ram Bwelch thought to himself why can we send in men via a roofed ram with out the ram in it he started work on a design that would offer a lot of defence for the troops inside tho allowing then troops to get in and out fast so he came up with the tunnel design allowing the men to run in and out but providing them defence on all sides.

Description

https://imgur.com/a/mP6osmR

the galley is a covered ram design with its ram internals taken away the wooded room provides defence from falling objects but the walls hay is vulnerable 

Siege information

Weapon: Battering Galley

Weapon Cost: 1000

Ammo Cost: N/A

Ammunition: N/A

Function: Allows players to get close to the walls safely, The galley must have six players to operate and will move after those six players stand in place for  1 minutes in time total.

Red lines and restrictions. 

• Due to the hay the galley can catch fire and injure the men inside. 
  • can only fit 12 troops. 

Over half of this lore post is just a copy and paste from your other three pieces and it just relates to backstory and not even the actual piece, yikes yikes yikes.

Also, most of your suggestions to how it works don’t fall in line with how current war claims go, I suggest you read the rules and talk with people before trying to make up this kind of stuff.

I did try but for some reason the forums arnt loading right for me i will change the parts that need changing once i get to a pc 

3 minutes ago, welshnutter said:

I did try but for some reason the forums arnt loading right for me i will change the parts that need changing once i get to a pc 

Then why upload a unfinished product? That makes no sense.

Given the time frames between each post, you’ve gave these no previous thought and are writing them up on the spot on your phone which doesn’t give any consideration to how these would actually play out in a war. You’re just coming up with things on the spot with no previous thought. Seems all a bit sketch to me.

1 hour ago, Bluee said:

Then why upload a unfinished product? That makes no sense.

Given the time frames between each post, you’ve gave these no previous thought and are writing them up on the spot on your phone which doesn’t give any consideration to how these would actually play out in a war. You’re just coming up with things on the spot with no previous thought. Seems all a bit sketch to me.

There is no draft system i could use which i would have used and these items i have planned out but i didnt save the siege documents to my phone so i cant look at them to get everything right 

And once i find out why i cant upload images either from mu phone or pc then i can correct it and upload the irl historical images and the MC builds i have done for them and to cover the intro to each post im going to put that in a spoiler box so you can read that section only if you expand it.

Once i get to my pc i will do a more intestive post and it will look a lot better and read alot better 

You can’t use chat during warclaims.

3 minutes ago, lev said:

You can’t use chat during warclaims.

the rules on siege are 

“Assign a Siege Leader, a player responsible for typing /roll for each of the siege weapons. Both siege leaders will /roll to determine initiative.”

which means that chat must be enabled to do the /roll command 

17 minutes ago, welshnutter said:

which means that chat must be enabled to do the /roll command 

I mean no offense in this, but enabling chat in a warclaim is a horrible idea.

1 minute ago, Rave_Cave_marb said:

I mean no offense in this, but enabling chat in a warclaim is a horrible idea.

not my idea thats what it says in the siege equipment rules

This lore has been denied as per this thread: click me. 2 weeks were given to reformat and correct the submission to match the current criteria, which were not done.

If you believe this is a mistake (as this was a big sweep, yours may have been overlooked), please contact me over the forums here: click me.