[Culture] Sun Elven Tribes of Nekhabet & Arak

CUwU

7 hours ago, PosidonX7 said:

While I respect the effort you put into this, it would probably more widely accepted by people if a major part of the culture wasn’t about lust, incest, and sexual encounters.

I’ve majorly rewritten it to take out the lust part. Could you specify which part you mean? If you could suggest another vice I’d be interested ?

Edited by Proteus

7 hours ago, PosidonX7 said:

While I respect the effort you put into this, it would probably more widely accepted by people if a major part of the culture wasn’t about lust, incest, and sexual encounters.

After much consideration this has been voided from the clan and racial features. I’ve instead opted to go for something more akin to the Elves on mirkwood’s vice.

I like the concept of another sort of sub race/culture of elves and the idea of a desert-based elven civilization.  When I think of elves I never really think of deserts so I’m down for this idea.

Super excited to see what comes of this!!

I like that this is a culture, rather than a sub-race.

Heheheh imma get that elf harem now

Sooooo they worship iblees basically 

They are (or were) necromancers, yet they are known for liking gold? Considering undead are weak to gold one would think that a culture that accepts necromancy would not have such an interest.

Elves are known for blending themselves into the habitat they live in. When I read this to me it seemed more like a Dwarven Clan than anything else:
- The tribe thing being basically a title (like dwarven clans)

- Living in arid/harsh environments (Cave, mountains, deserts)

- They seem to have the curse of greed, which dwarves have.

I do see you put a lot of effort on the post and that why I upvoted, but I still think you need to put some more work on it.

12 hours ago, ✗ ≬ ≬ αɟεoℓog ≬ ≬ ✗ said:

They are (or were) necromancers, yet they are known for liking gold? Considering undead are weak to gold one would think that a culture that accepts necromancy would not have such an interest.

Elves are known for blending themselves into the habitat they live in. When I read this to me it seemed more like a Dwarven Clan than anything else:
- The tribe thing being basically a title (like dwarven clans)

- Living in arid/harsh environments (Cave, mountains, deserts)

- They seem to have the curse of greed, which dwarves have.

I do see you put a lot of effort on the post and that why I upvoted, but I still think you need to put some more work on it.

We’ve updated! Have a gander

Edited by Proteus
Been updated!

“Death – You are to honor the dead, even to those whom you vanquish. They deserve to be buried in the sands as all do. To deny someone a proper burial is punishable by banishment, furthermore decapitation or humiliation may additionally shame ones tribe and by extention the Nekhabet.” How come they were necromancers and now honor the dead? Maybe have them mommyfy the bodies to make them last longer in hopes they can one day be revived as they wish one day they will regain the power to raise the dead.

Add me on discord, I would be willing to read anything else you may have: mateolog#1400

Edited by ✗ ≬ ≬ ♏αɟεoℓog ≬ ≬ ✗

Arak is pretty tasty tho.

Also check the elves of the D&D Eberron setting. The Khorvaire Elves have a neat concept of the afterlife with positive energy Undead.

Might be cool to do some mummy stuff with it.

I should also mention the Abzan from Magic the Gathering’s Khans of Tarkir block. They have an ancestral worship culture where the spirits of their ancestors would manifest as sand spirits during times of need.

Edited by Charles_Grimlie

On 5/8/2019 at 5:48 PM, Aeldrin said:

why

they also asked this when you made snow elves this is the future now DUMMY BOY