Sign in to follow this  
EmbryoGod

Reconciliation of Faith

Posted (edited)

Dearest members of GOD’s flock,

I am pleased to announce that I am recovering as best as I possibly can, given the circumstances of the situation. I have no one but GOD and the trusted men who recovered me to thank for that. It was indeed a degree of divine intervention that His Holiness, Pontian II was there to manage my wounds as best he could.

Despite my lack of sight, I am more than capable of hearing. And it was brought to my attention recently of a misunderstanding associated with the Holy Church and who have been frequently been called, in common parlance, Owynists. As you are all aware, there were indeed two men affiliated with that belief structure who came and attacked me. Though I cannot stress the importance of the word two in that previous sentence.

Evidence and investigation are the foundation of any discourse of crime, and indeed both must take place before anyone can make a sound judgement of a situation. This is all the more true for any child of Man. For indeed, if we are to declare one heretical, or one to be coiled within heathenry, we must have a proper trial. GOD gave Man a mouth with which to speak, and arms with which to bear a sword in His name.

And I do believe that there is no coincidence in the mouth being closer to one’s brain than the arm. We must use words before we resort to cutting people down for supposed crime. A man’s first defense should always be his words, and every man must give the accused the opportunity to speak in his own defense before convicting him.

We must think logically and critically for a moment while you process this information. The Owynists have many a number within their ranks, surely enough to kill me while I am unguarded. If this was part of some grand scheme, or some larger plot, then surely they would have sent more swords to ensure my death. But, damning as it is, only two knocked on my door that fateful day.

I was fortunate enough to have their response to the previous papal letter read aloud to me, and I gave it some thought. Even better, a brave man representing them came to speak with me (might I add he had numerous guards with him, who could have easily struck me down). And the issues were clarified, and it is the understanding of this Pontificate that their response was true. Thus, I have come to this conclusion:

The punishment of two Owynists does not extend to the entire group, and any crime of heathenry has been since deemed untrue. The group commonly referred to as Owynists are hereby pardoned from any recent allegations of heresy. Going further, I declare the Owynists to be proper followers of GOD and His Word.

This pardon shall remain in effect for as long as I draw breath. They are free of any charges of heresy, and will always be welcome to participate in religious services with the rest of GOD’s flock. As such, any man claiming to persecute them on the unfounded grounds of heresy shall be, in turn, charged with the Fratricide of Krug.

His Holiness Everard V, High Pontiff of the Church of the Canon, Metropolitan of Judeburg, Successor to the High Priesthood of the Church, Supreme Pontiff of the Church of True Faith, Keeper of the Canon, Missionary to Aeldin and Svatum, High Servant to the Exalteds’ Testaments, Humble Servant of the Faithful and Vicar of GOD

☩ IN NOMINE PATRIS, et Horenus, et Exaltus Honorem. Amen. ☩

REJOICE! GOD’S FAITHFUL TOIL NO LONGER.

vR7pnuSefcm28YmYXb62BbnhUNV7AyZskvLYmtQppagVislzb1igD0VU2EYBbYf2GRu9XsC0E3FjhVyjHsdlx6_qwHkkaNkvQ4scLBAedGKCHE9YKmnFOPfp2vcamrKiKnO-SRJJ

Deus Caritas Est

Edited by EmbryoGod

Commodus Horen smiles after reading the proclamation.  “To new beginnings and long friendships! Bless you, Your Holiness.” 

Bottle sheds a tear, still recovering from his shattered knees and lack of a tongue, received after trying to keep an Owynist alive!

“Ah si si, let-a the business begin!”

Alfius gags multiple times. Finally, after regaining his breath, he would mutter. ”And I thought canonists were bad...”