AND TO THE MIRE, HE RETURNS

RWb3Yg2z2nezNlZaGPKRCzoSoUWlScH4J9YV6TUlZfItNOtRz4Feql-uKd031Ge0jbDf6J8iM53VNzo2zrFoH9nvmSydNe_kkFTSB9sHyszn4PIlF9PCEy_CZ7Z9NqS6GiB24Wrm

[!] A depiction of Kaer Glythen, the Aeldinic seat of House Grimm

The war between the feuding Imperial Houses of Horen and Marna has claimed many lives as of recent, and families all throughout the two imperiums now grieved for lost sons and daughters - taken all too soon in the conflict.

One such family is the noble House of Grimm, its members having learned of its patriarch’s death in the most horrible of ways; The Baron’s corpse was shipped to the stone-maken walls of Reza, confined to a wooden box devoid of any means to initially identify him. Eventually, however, upon reaching hold of Lady Grimm, authorities were able to properly identify the bloodied husk as her spouse - a man who had so chivalrously lived past his prime.

As the family grieved together and sorted through the late patriarch’s belongings, a piece of parchment was found. On the paper lay dozens of crossed out lines of text, all discarded before the middle of the page. In there, a handful of lines remained, writing comparable to chicken scratch, though legible nonetheless.

Spoiler

To my firstborn son, Einarr Grimm [Hepatot]

I leave our fief, the Barony of Lizat, patriarchship of the House, and the Grimm blade. May you lead your siblings and your descendants with conviction and dedication. Help your mother raise your siblings, she’ll need it.

To my secondborn son, Nikolas Grimm [Bromadan]

I leave nothing but my love and kind wishes. You chose the path of the cloth, and I hope it shall treat you well. I once joked that one day you might live to be the High Pontiff. I hope you live on to achieve that.

To my thirdborn son, Isaak Grimm [Capace]

I leave you with my legacy, for that is all I can afford; I hope to see you blossom into a knight, as I did at your age.

To my daughter, Livana Grimm [Disheartened]

I leave you with my mother’s jewelry; Your wardship under your cousins in Glythen has inhibited me from seeing you in the last few years but know that I love you, my wolf.

I remember my arrival upon Atlas hazily, though some memories do not escape me. The overwhelming fear of leaving my parents, and my eldest siblings, on their lonesome in Venerra. Thankfully, I had my sister Alana by my side throughout the voyage. Tempests raged about us as we ventured further into the murky waters, our vessel soon being consumed by a grey mist -- restricting our vision for a good while.

In the days following, we could make out a jagged mountain ahead; Overjoyed, Alana and I leaped into the frigid waters and gradually arrived to Haeseni shores.

As we made our way into the confines of Markev, we were greeted by our cousins, Emma Ludovar and her younger sibling, Jacob.

My sister took the path of Chamberlain; I, on the other hand, pursued the path my father had always desired for me - knighthood.

And so life went on for me: I had four beauteous children and a supportive consort. Alas, I write this for I have spent fifty-some years alive - Death encroaches, and rapidly at that.

Should you find this and I’m deceased, my sole request is to be returned to my grand-nephew, William I of Venerra, where I am to be laid in our family crypts with my father Elias, my mother Selina, and my siblings.

To the mire, I return.

Credit to Axelu for writing the entire thing, I’m just here for the rep.

Alana welcomes the long-anticipated arrival of her elder brother to the Seven Skies, the Aeldinic woman embosoming him affectionately.

Nikolas Grimm signs the cross as he heard of his Father’s Death. He then took the rest of the night to himself in his small room at the church in Curon, weeping as he never got to say a proper farewell to him..

Ser Darius Ault applauds the blackmarked Knight who stayed dead; big respect!

Ser Henrik Ludovar hears of the news of the Knight Paramount’s death.

“Ser Dominic Grimm.... after all of the wars we’ve fought together it seemed no one could withstand your might. Though it appears you remain undefeated by the sword but beaten by the executioner’s weapon. We became Knights together and soon enough I will join you, dear brother. Ave Oren.. and above all Ave Haense.”

Peter shakes his head as he heard of his uncle’s death. He closed his eyes as he leaned back in his seat. “Damnit.” He muttered, quietly and to himself.

“The war between the feuding Imperial Houses of Horen and Marna has claimed many lives as of recent... and it shall continue to do so” – said Ser Rodrik after cleaning his blade from Ser Dominic’s blood “Let this be a reminder for those who oppose us. Rest in peace Lord Dominic of House Grimm – you fought well.”

((Awesome post. +1))

Wiping Ser Dominic’s blood from his blade after striking the man down, allowing for his capture, Ser Aldis Chase simply went on about this day, going back to doing Knightly stuff.

((+1 for being a good sport and pk’ing, respect this a lot!)

Lerald curses after the loss of yet another Knight Paramount.

Jah of Gamesh walked over, seeing the man’s funeral as he shed a silent tear for the champ.

Ser Hans, for the first time in many years, openly weeps upon hearing of his friend’s death.